Buzz open for testing :)

MMATycoon

You know, if you wanted me to stop winding you up. You could just say "Hey Conor - not in the mood today mate"

But if you just want the easiest way out and want to hide away from your problems and bitch and moan about them without you know, being pro-active or trying to find a solution, thats cool too ;) I don't mind either way

I don't care about that. If it makes you feel better posting such stuff, that's your issue. I just asked Mike, like some others already did as well, if an ignore-button is an option so that we can avoid seeing crap like your posts. I call that 'finding a solution'.

I don't care about that. If it makes you feel better posting such stuff, that's your issue. I just asked Mike, like some others already did as well, if an ignore-button is an option so that we can avoid seeing crap like your posts. I call that 'finding a solution'.

So instead of sparing Mike the time of making an ignore button, you could just pm me and say "Hey I really think you should be a bit quiet, you're annoying me and I'm patient, let alone others" and then voila solution found. But you completely skip out the part of asking me which would be the quickest solution?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So instead of sparing Mike the time of making an ignore button, you could just pm me and say "Hey I really think you should be a bit quiet, you're annoying me and I'm patient, let alone others" and then voila solution found. But you completely skip out the part of asking me which would be the quickest solution?

Aah you little crazy kid, I asked you in the past and you just keep going anyway. I wasn't the first to suggest an ignore-button, but I like the idea so that I don't have to look at posts like most of yours. You can ignore my posts also if the button would exist, no problem, that is what it's for.. And now, be quiet. ( YOu suggested me saying that yourself)

Aah you little crazy kid, I asked you in the past and you just keep going anyway. I wasn't the first to suggest an ignore-button, but I like the idea so that I don't have to look at posts like most of yours. You can ignore my posts also if the button would exist, no problem, that is what it's for.. And now, be quiet. ( YOu suggested me saying that yourself)

Okay okay I understand I only want to ask about one point.

When did you ask me to stop? I definitely do not remember that, I have a good memory and I'm 100% sure if somebody asked me to stop doing something I would.

Conor just likes to have fun and joke around... he is actually one of the nicest members on here when he is not joking around. I REALLY don't see how it is that big of a problem where you need to use snide remarks as a backhanded way to confront the issue. He may take it too far at times but as he mentioned, the easiest thing to do is be like, hey bro... not today okay, just not feeling it? and he will oblige because he is actually a pretty nice guy. Doesn't mean he is gonna stop forever tho and the next time it gets too much just say something again and there ya go. You can't ask a tiger to change his stripes but you can ask him to cover up for a bit. No reason to anyone to actually get serious here. It's a message board for a MMA themed browsing game, this is not real life and it's not that serious. Compared to reddit and other social media this website is actually pretty damn chill so let's not ruin it with drama at the time unless it is in character. In the end, that is all Conor is doing when he posts, he is just in-character and having fun. So have fun and leave the drama for the facebook comment sections.

Okay, I am going back into character now as well ya salty skanks.

I have not given this a try yet as I don't even like twitter but I will give buzz(twatter) a swat later.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

FYI, with current notifications, just leave the page for like 5 seconds and it will show you all the posts from people you follow. it's not meant to do that but that's what the current notifications are.... you just have to wait in the page for a few seconds for them to show up.

• Upvote 1

A few more thoughts on it.

-Would be nice to have a search bar, I beleive i saw this suggestion earlier and wholeheartedly agree with it

- would be nice to see who favorites 4e01eed176c3b2f170176122fa195591.png buzzes

I'm already noticing a lot of improvements from it in just 1 day, keep up the good work Mike (or Mike's mysterious programmer)!

I have to agree with Bjorn on this, I was only on it for a few minutes and all I seen was a bunch of stuff about his mom, I wont be going back on it. Why should he have to ask someone to stop making comments about his mom, when any decent human would not they shouldnt be doing it. One time is a joke, even twice can be funny, but you have to know when to stop.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have to agree with Bjorn on this, I was only on it for a few minutes and all I seen was a bunch of stuff about his mom, I wont be going back on it.

That's ridiculous. Why would you not bother going back on what should be an integral feature of the game cos of what 3 dudes were saying on the first day of beta testing?

• Upvote 8

The main reason is it pissed me off, really dont need a reason other than that. I was going to comment on it but figured it would stop, then we he mentioned it on here it started here. I wont go on and get on their level. Just better for me to avoid it. I have played the game for almost 6 years without it, I dont need it now. If I am going to get mad when I read it, why bother reading it?

Ok, ok, ok, people let's clear some things out:

1. Yesterday and even today are the testing days. It's not gonna be lots of people spamming the hell out of buzz with as much cursewords as they can muster always (unless it's IC smacktalk, then you can't really blame them for cursewords). Those lots of buzzes on day1 (and day2 I guess) were/are to help testing this thing.

2. There still will be "spam" and shittalking on buzz just not in crazy amounts relatively (and I don't suppose #s like analcunt will be trending). Buzz is a twitter rip-off, you can't keep up with everything posted there nor are you supposed to. That's why the whole follow system and tag system is there for. You only view your feed and tags you're interested in. The fact that boatload of content that taken out of context can seem like a boatload of spam passes through the place each second is not a reason to leave buzz, cause if you use it properly it's not gonna touch you.

So really guys, if there are things you don't like on buzz, don't follow them - problem solved. No need to strike off the entire thing. I for one thinl it's amazing, noisy (as it should be) but amazing.

• Upvote 2

What are you talking about? Were setting up a tourney advertising our orgs/buisnesses and promoting our fighters... I didnt see anyone in bomb squad doing anything wrong there. Get over it!

• Upvote 2

I am all for trash talking, I get crazy on the alliance page, but they are all friends and I stop after a comment or 2 and then they nail me with something. We all understand it is all in fun. But to just non stop for several people to go after the same guy, then he expresses his wish for it to stop, to attack him again is to much.

Most of the people going after Bjorn do not like him, it is not like it is friendly joking, it is to upset him and try and get him mad. I thought it was for calling out fighters or hyping fights or whatever, I didnt think it was to group attack one guy.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I am all for trash talking, I get crazy on the alliance page, but they are all friends and I stop after a comment or 2 and then they nail me with something. We all understand it is all in fun. But to just non stop for several people to go after the same guy, then he expresses his wish for it to stop, to attack him again is to much.

Most of the people going after Bjorn do not like him, it is not like it is friendly joking, it is to upset him and try and get him mad. I thought it was for calling out fighters or hyping fights or whatever, I didnt think it was to group attack one guy.

I'll have to agree here. I think some lines should be drawn on personal attacks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/buzz/index.php

If you wanna tweet/buzz at a person or company, it's as follows @

Managers: M1, M2

Fighters: F1,F2,....

Gym: G1,G2,...

Org: O1, O2,..

Clothing company: C1,C2,C3

Nutrition company: N1,N2,N3

Alliance: A1,A2,...

Bookmakers: B1,B2...

with the number being their company / user / fighter ID that you can find on their in game profile. We'll try and get a sort of auto-updating search in the tweets / buzzes if enough people are using it. We'll also get it integrated in the game itself when it's tested a bit more. It'll replace manager blogs etc. Maybe company news, depending on what people want.

Lemme know if you have any questions and if you find any bugs. I'll not give out any more info than that cos it'll be good to see how intuitive it is without a load of instructions.

Cheers!

A few things I noticed...

• Are the characters supposed to cut off at around 300-ish characters? I see that it cuts off and just adds "..." to the end but, I have yet to discover a way to view the full post when that occurs.
  • Also I have an É accent in my company's name and these don't render yet.
  • Finally, will we always be allowed to post only one picture at a time? I think it'd be cool if we could post multiple photos side by side so long as they met a certain px height requirement. If any of these concerns have already been addressed I apologize, I don't have time to read through 7 pages of comments atm.

EDIT: I forgot to say, I love it :) keep up the good work guys.