Some of the weight class FOTY are gonna be tricky. I'd say the easy ones are

135 - Ice Drago

145 - Jameson Connemara

155 -

170 - Rick Rocker

185 -

205 -

265 - Leo Ferreira

Obviously from now until the end of the year could change things I guess. 155 I'd say is between Akhiro/Donowitz.......185 I'm really unsure on, i"d really have to investigate that weight class. I guess 205 should probably go to Zivic?

• 2 weeks later...

I expect the Olympics to have a huge impact on the yearly awards as in such a high profile tournament, it's very likely that not only a top org can make a huge statement, but also fighters and KO of the year etc... I must say , most of the top orgs are really sending their top teir fighters so I expect fireworks there that will translate into the yearly awards.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

GBK16 why no Philanthropist of the year? What other awards did you miss or leave out?

The stupid award you speak of was created by our community, and GBK has eliminate it from or forgotten about it in our awards?

Wonder why GBK has not responded, he has seen the thread?

GBK? Could I get an answer from you other then, I don't like Steel Penn so I did not ad this award this year?

• Downvote 3

Like him or hate him, but there is nobody even close to SP in the amount of donations made to the game it seems. If you take a look at a random day at the list of the last donations made to the game, it's pretty much 80% or even more SP. Mike might have statistics of it, but without even seeing those, I'm pretty confident in saying that nobody has made a bigger total donation than him. For the mad amount of donations he gives away, the least we can do is to honor the "Philanthropist of the year" - award and not see it removed from the list. Without all of SP his donations, Mike would have a lot less funds to work with I believe.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The stupid award you speak of was created by our community, and GBK has eliminate it from or forgotten about it in our awards?

Wonder why GBK has not responded, he has seen the thread?

GBK? Could I get an answer from you other then, I don't like Steel Penn so I did not ad this award this year?

There was a discussion about the amount of awards last year being far too many so a lot of them got cut out and some of them merged into one.

Game Contributor of the Year - I believe is what Philanthropist of the Year got merged into with stuff like Mentor of the year etc.

Edit

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=50024&hl=awards&page=2 here is the thread it was discussed in.

I read the thread.

So a few members have taken the yearly awards away from us based off of a discussion thread with less then a dozen members chiming in you guys changed the awards ? Wow?

Who approved this? Mike told you guy to remove awards?

No voting on what stays and what gets removed?

So if I create thread about game things will they also change if myself and 5-7 others all agree? No? Then why would his be any different?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I read the thread.

So a few members have taken the yearly awards away from us based off of a discussion thread with less then a dozen members chiming in you guys changed he awards ? Wow?

No voting on what stays and what gets kept?

So if I create thread about game things will they also change if myself and 5-7 others all agree? No? Then why would his be any different?

Not exactly sure how it was taking the Yearly Awards away from you when anybody could have got involved in the discussion on the thread, including yourself. If you are bitter about the results of the discussion, and you didn't get involved at all in it, then I don't see how you have a leg to stand on in this instance when you never made your voice heard when it was being discussed. The fact you thought I had an issue with an award based purely on you makes me laugh at your own high opinion of how much I give a shit about you.

As for Philanthropist, it was indeed merged with a number of awards to create the Contributor of The Year award, which looks at all things that help contribute to the game.

51 awards last year was a ridiculous number, and we managed to cut it down while still covering every area of the game pretty much. Having that many awards only takes away from what they actually mean, and the new number will make them actually mean more.

Like him or hate him, but there is nobody even close to SP in the amount of donations made to the game it seems. If you take a look at a random day at the list of the last donations made to the game, it's pretty much 80% or even more SP. Mike might have statistics of it, but without even seeing those, I'm pretty confident in saying that nobody has made a bigger total donation than him. For the mad amount of donations he gives away, the least we can do is to honor the "Philanthropist of the year" - award and not see it removed from the list. Without all of SP his donations, Mike would have a lot less funds to work with I believe.

As for that point, yes Steel Penn does contribute a lot of cash towards the game, but you can't base it solely on what you see in the Donations List which most people do. A lot of people use the normal Buy VIP for Other function rather than use the Donation way, and these people themselves don't get credit, simply because they don't seek it. The reason Steel Penn is on that list so much is because he uses buying VIP for people for either in game cash, or as an incentive for running a company for him. The only times I have seen him give away VIP for no reason is when he makes a thread, and very few people were surprised to know it came after a Multi incident that relates back to his alliance.

Regardless of the way it happens, it does still benefit him in some way, and he does use the Donations way simply to have it shown he does it, pretty much proven when he made a thread based on him having his name cover the board. This is not me saying "Oh he only does it for the ego", as it does benefit the game tremendously, but I am saying you can't really say he does it just purely out of the kindness of his own heart when he gets a big benefit from it, and you also can't discount the other people who do it simply because they choose to do it the other way.

Anyway, long story short. Steel Penn, if you wanna win an award based on the fact you give money to the game, you will be up for Contributor of the Year award as long as someone nominates you, which I have no doubts will happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think you miss my point.

Who told you few manager that after 1 thread of discussion with no vote and no game notification to view the thread in the forum to chime in and be heard that you could make these changes to our game?

Who? Mike told you guys to change awards that have been given out for years now with no notification to the game members?

Or did you guys just do it?

You see under my profile picture it says Awards Committee ? I was not informed of any of this, why not?

No drama just answers please.

I read the thread.

So a few members have taken the yearly awards away from us based off of a discussion thread with less then a dozen members chiming in you guys changed the awards ? Wow?

No voting on what stays and what gets removed?

Mike as far as the awards have went in previous years has let the forum users decide on the way it goes. I am not too fussed either way, was merely pointing out that it was still there but merged into a bigger category which no doubt you will get nominated for.

As far as the awards committee goes; it does not mean anything anymore. The awards committee was a shambles of an effort to find a new way of voting to stop big alliances dominating the vote.

Who told you few manager that after 1 thread of discussion with no vote and no game notification to view the thread in the forum to chime in and be heard that you could make these changes to our game?

Who? Mike told you guys to change awards that have been given out for years now with no notification to the game members?

You see under my profile picture it says Awards Committee ? I was not informed of any of this, why not?

I think you are missing our point; we do have something for game contributor of the year, which includes the award you mentioned. The only difference now is there will be some serious competition for the award since you will be up against those who give up a lot of their time teaching noobs, those who give away stuff just like yourself and those who have made valid contributions to changes that have been made in the game... you might be up against Mike Tycoon also.

There was no push back against what was said in the thread, and considering the way these forums are if there ain't no push back then it tends to be because no one has any issues with it. If you had an issue with it then you should have posed your argument back then instead of now when we are gearing up for the of the year awards.

Marky the awards committee never really got established, what started off as a good idea got fucked up. A lot of people put their own interests forward instead of leaving bias at the door and one manager claimed they did not know who Jeremy Tonal was when it came to fighter of the year. It turned into a complete farce and I have no idea why the awards committee titles are still there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

These are my 3 favorites for fighter of the year so far and all 3 are in the Olympics so this will be great

Ricky Rocker (13-1)

Jameson Connemara (12-1) also only loss was via split decision and I actually thought he won the fight and so did the commentators.

Fritzie Zivic (16-1-1) his only loss was to Tiago Renato in a great come from behind victory when Renato was losing 4 rounds to 0.

Not sure when the other orgs have their Olympic events scheduled for but Zivic will have a chance to get 3 more wins by 12/31/15 so could potentially end up 19-1-1 this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Then why didn't you step up and say something last year if you're on the "Awards Committee" or were you not doing your job and should be stripped of that title?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1