Jon Jones Reinstated To UFC

kenlow73

Jon Jones Reinstated by UFC:

Latest Details, Comments and Reaction By Adam Wells, Featured Columnist Oct 23, 2015

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more stories
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/537/291/hi-res-dccf9eb8bb1c6f90839854871465dc25_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75
John Locher/Associated Press
Reads
Comments

Nearly six months after he was stripped of the light heavyweight championship and indefinitely suspended, Jon Jones has been reinstated by UFC.

According to an official release on UFC.com, UFC chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta said the company has been pleased with his progress following his various legal problems.

We've made it clear to Jon that this new opportunity to compete in UFC is a privilege and not a right, and that there are significant expectations we have regarding his conduct moving forward. We’re happy to read and see reports that he has embraced the terms of his plea agreement and is using this experience to grow and develop as a person.

In the same release, Jones said he is "thankful to be able to do what [he loves] once again" and looks forward to proving himself as a fighter and person as a member of UFC.

Jones spoke about his reinstatement on Facebook:

In April, Jones turned himself into Albuquerque police following a hit-and-run. He pleaded guilty to one felony charge and received 18 months probation for the incident in September.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2582027-jon-jones-reinstated-by-ufc-latest-details-comments-and-reaction?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

• Upvote 1

Well he's the most talented fighter in MMA history so it's great to have him back but he's still a piece of shit who has gotten away with too much. He should be suspended but I'm guessing that won't happen either. I would be happy if they made him work his way up to a title shot instead of granting him one immediately. Let Bader and/or Glover have a crack at DC and Jon can fight Rumble in a title eliminator. Same if he goes to HW; give him JDS, Stipe, Cain, etc. before he gets Werdum.

• Upvote 5

UFC 200: Weidman vs Jones

Ha...What is up with all of this UFC 200 hype? I guess since UFC 100 was such a stacked card hopefully they are able to make the best card we have ever seen...like even all of the prelims are like crazy fights. Put women's straw championship on ufc 200 prelims n shit like that!!!

• Upvote 1

Being good at something shouldn't give you a pass for committing a felony. At least they should have kept him sitting for a while. He left the scene of an accident where someone was injured by his actions. I will root against him for the rest of his career. (though he will probably win because he is that good)

Ridiculous.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would much prefer if he fought at HW.. He has nothing left to prove at 205 in my opinion, he will wreck anyone at this point at LHW..and I'm in no way a Jon Jones fan.

Same here. I don't like him as a person, but man the guy is a beast! I don't see him lose anytime soon at 205lbs and honestly believe that most HW's would be in big trouble as well. Pretty much only Werdum has a good shot against him and maybe JDS because of his KO power, but I doubt it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cain/Jones is what I want to see.. Cain losing in Mexico doesn't make him any less of a beast that he always was.

I picked Werdum to beat Cain but that was because of the circumstances and Cain's long layoff. I think either Werdum or Cain could potentially give Jones a run for his money.

I'd love to say I think JDS would beat Jones, but I can't see it happening at this point, I think Junior's best days are just passing, too many wars.

Cain/Jones is what I want to see.. Cain losing in Mexico doesn't make him any less of a beast that he always was.

I picked Werdum to beat Cain but that was because of the circumstances and Cain's long layoff. I think either Werdum or Cain could potentially give Jones a run for his money.

I'd love to say I think JDS would beat Jones, but I can't see it happening at this point, I think Junior's best days are just passing, too many wars.

I predicted Cain to get beaten by Werdum as Werdum 2.0 is a terrible matchup for all fighters as he has crazy bjj, but now also great MT.

True about JDS. I am a big fan of him and his never quit attitude, but he shouldn't use his head as a way to block punches, but let his gloves do that instead :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I actually met Jon Jones a couple years ago at UFC in London.

Of all the fighters i've met he was the most down to earth and genuinely seemed happy to have a photo with me.

Maybe the fame has gone to his head, since this was before he became champion - but I know deep down he has a good heart.

He might be, but then it means he is surrounded by the wrong people for his career lately. I hope to see a normal, behaved Jon Jones from now on, who smack talks, but does not cross the laws.

My major problem with Cain, and it always has been his biggest flaw is for a big guy he is made of glass. He always seems to get injured one way or another and takes long gaps from fighting. It would be the fight I would want to see and that is because I want to see JDS vs Werdum 2. If Jones does go to heavyweight, over the time period he was away would have been the perfect time to start bulking up with a heavyweight fight in July sometime against Mir or Barnett (i would say AA but he is in the same camp, not sure how much they would want to fight each other). Either way i wouldn't give him one of the tier 1 HWs straight off the bat (JDS,Cain and Werdum) I'd give him a competitive fight to knock out the ring rust.

Glad he is back regardless of what he has done. He is the best fighter and great to watch.

I actually met Jon Jones a couple years ago at UFC in London.

Of all the fighters i've met he was the most down to earth and genuinely seemed happy to have a photo with me.

Maybe the fame has gone to his head, since this was before he became champion - but I know deep down he has a good heart.

I haven't met him or anything but I get the sense he is a nice guy as well just from watching videos and podcasts vlogs etc just fucks up and makes the wrong decision in some cases.

• 2 weeks later...