Condit vs Lawler

bjornmma1

So hard to pick a winner.. Condit will have a great game-plan I'm sure but it's not so easy when Robbie Lawler is punching you in the face.. I don't see either guy going down for the count here. I'll say Lawler by Split decision. I love both guys though and really don't care who wins, Lawler's story would just be a tad bit better than Condit's if he kept the belt though,.

Twitter rumor, from reliable sources...

Condit to fight with Severe Concussion

UFC knows about it and letting it pass......tobad, i have Condit winning this

I find that incredibly hard to believe. That would open them up to so much liability and potential legal consequences.

Also if its true then it is a terrible decision by Condit and his camp as well as the UFC.

You have to beat the champion to be the champ. Condit did not do that. That is a fact. He did not feel like he won that fight. Robbie was right - there was no real "loser" but if those two got into a fight in your backyard, and you had to pick a winner, we all (should) know Robbie won it.

i 100% agree you have to beat the champ if you want to get his belt if it is a close Rd it should go to the champ if it is a close fight it should always go to the champion.

i like the backyard thing never thought about it like that but you are right.

You have to beat the champion to be the champ. Condit did not do that. That is a fact. He did not feel like he won that fight. Robbie was right - there was no real "loser" but if those two got into a fight in your backyard, and you had to pick a winner, we all (should) know Robbie won it.

Why in the gd hell do you have judges then? So how the hell did Lawler get the best from Hendricks? He damn sure didn't beat him

I give up. Dumbest logic ever

Not at all. I think he's just pointing out that the fight was so close that it was hard to choose a decisive winner. Could of went either way. You gotta beat the champ to take the title.

who gives a fuck about the judges or how they voted (post fight statistics mean nothing, damage isn't accounted for), watch the fight without commentary, and do you still think Condit won? Imho Lawler earned the win in the last 2 mins of that final round.

• Upvote 1

Condit won this 48-47. Even if he went with light strikes most of the fight. Robbie just stood there too much, except the last minutes of the fight.

Condit got beat up. He didn't do enough to take the belt away.

I LOVED the Condit in this fight though. Loved it. Every bit of it. He definitely made up for Condit vs Diaz.

• Upvote 1

Condit got beat up. He didn't do enough to take the belt away.

I LOVED the Condit in this fight though. Loved it. Every bit of it. He definitely made up for Condit vs Diaz.

Yes he certainly got beat up. But even when he lost the 5th I felt only a miracle could save Robbie on the scorecards. And once again, "Robbie got his miracle".

Yes he certainly got beat up. But even when he lost the 5th I felt only a miracle could save Robbie on the scorecards. And once again, "Robbie got his miracle".

Robbie definitely won round 2. So I wouldn't call it a miracle by any means. GSP got a miracle. Robbie earned every bit of it. I don't know how anybody who didn't have money on the fight could be disappointed with the result. The guy earned it imho, he earned it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Robbie definitely won round 2. So I wouldn't call it a miracle by any means. GSP got a miracle. Robbie earned every bit of it. I don't know how anybody who didn't have money on the fight could be disappointed with the result. The guy earned it imho, he earned it.

I felt Robbie won the 2nd too and the 5th when he came storming after Carlos. 1st and 4th to Carlos. Just rewatched the 3rd how it went and even when I take away all the light shots Carlos threw I still gave the round to him.