ITFL Season 5 Official Sign Up Thread

GBK16

Is there no chance the days between fights can be extended a litle.

ITFL is to get the best fighters possible to join but with the time between fights may cant join due to a shitty injury hidden.

Maybe 18 days or so between fights could work. What does everyone think?

I dont know i get your reasoning behind the longer break, but the first Season for me felt already quite long and with more days this tournament stretches out even longer. I kinda liked every two weeks you can schedule it good and i got lucky not to get over 14 injury, but thats how it goes. I think one fighter got injured right at the start with 16 days and then lost two in the beginning, but turned it around and won all but one of the rest if i am right.

4 month went the previous season on two weeks. If you wont more time, then i would say cut down on the teams, because this is a long time.

I dont know i get your reasoning behind the longer break, but the first Season for me felt already quite long and with more days this tournament stretches out even longer. I kinda liked every two weeks you can schedule it good and i got lucky not to get over 14 injury, but thats how it goes. I think one fighter got injured right at the start with 16 days and then lost two in the beginning, but turned it around and won all but one of the rest if i am right.

My reasoning is simple the shit injury hidden often gives people walk overs in the tournament and why would we want that?

We want a tournament where all fights are competitive for everyone? Am I wrong here?

If I am right there are people who had injuries a lot in last season, which in turn give a lot of easy wins for everyone.

Yes, the tournament is long but your fighters are fighting regularly so its no real problem.

Last season one of the best moments was me injuring Anakoni Kai in a fight and fucking him up for the next week, the wheels all came off then for him.

I am not against increasing the fight time to every 3 weeks, but there would need to be a public agreement about it, so i'll let the discussion roll on a bit more here about it and if the interest is there, we will take a poll on it.

I'm out if it's anything more than 245k as i don't have any 205'ers.

As for the 2/3 week turnaround, while it sucks to go into a fight with an injury, isn't that the fun part of a tournament? It goes both ways. Makes an interesting strategy. It'll be shitty for you to go into a fight with an injury, however it will be awesome if your opponent had one?

Yeah while i agree with you there Shia La Wolf, that's the format of ITFL and it's a tournament.

Makes it a bit interesting dont you think? And yes, for normal fights its shitty to go in with an injury but it's been part of ITFL for a while now and while i hope i don't go into a fight with an injury, if it happens it happens. THat's what we all signed up for.

However if they change the rule then im happy for that too. Not saying it's a good thing to go into tournamnts injured, just saying it makes it more interesting.

Last season one of the best moments was me injuring Anakoni Kai in a fight and fucking him up for the next week, the wheels all came off then for him.

I am not against increasing the fight time to every 3 weeks, but there would need to be a public agreement about it, so i'll let the discussion roll on a bit more here about it and if the interest is there, we will take a poll on it.

^^^

This 100%

The main idea behind ITFL is the strategy based fight picks, and while yes it sucked donkey balls for me and Kai when GBK messed me up it had an effect on the following weeks both in how the next rounds fights were pick but also how Anakoni Kai still has not recovered his faculties! It has always been a part of the tourney and if it is removed it would certainly lesson the appeal

I think that you need to factor in the time frame for the ITFL also, considering its 8 teams and if each team was to face each other just once and a finale then it would be 18 weeks in total. If you add on an additional week you are talking 27 weeks in total not including the individual stage. That is somewhere around half a year, for a tournament which is excessively long. As much as I agree winning a fight based on merit is always a great thing, it adds in some added tangibles when picking fights, such as the guy with the 16 day injury could be matched up against a guy with a weaker chin in order to try get a finish. You may face off against someone who you dislike and wish to try and give them a 16 day injury just to piss them off. It makes for a more fun tournament imo, and it is something that can be avoided if you make sure your boy doesn't get 16 day injuries. Every since I competed in the EPL I have always been wary of sending in fighters which have bad injury hiddens into this tournament.

• Upvote 1

Votes are tied between 245, 255 and 260k - But realistically I think the guys who went with 260k would still be able to be competitive if the ID was 255k.

So as a result, the ID for this season will be 255k ID. If people want a 245k tournament, I don't mind arranging another tournament for that as well and running the 2 at the same time even though I doubt there will be enough interest, I will just need to get a host for it so let me know what your thoughts on it are.

• Upvote 1

Votes are tied between 245, 255 and 260k - But realistically I think the guys who went with 260k would still be able to be competitive if the ID was 255k.

So as a result, the ID for this season will be 255k ID. If people want a 245k tournament, I don't mind arranging another tournament for that as well and running the 2 at the same time even though I doubt there will be enough interest, I will just need to get a host for it so let me know what your thoughts on it are.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh for going with 255k :P

guess i am out then.

Looks like vendetta is out for 255k sorry guys, maybe in the alliance wars Steel Penn is arranging. Miracles happen though.

*coughpussiescough* :shades:

• Upvote 1