UFC Fight Night Hunt vs Mir Pick'em

kenlow73

Mir dropped like a stone and made no signs of getting up, don't see the issue.

Not saying it shouldn't have been waved, but I'm wondering if that were anywhere else other then Australia would the ref have waved it off that quick or make Hunt at least try to GnP

Not saying it shouldn't have been waved, but I'm wondering if that were anywhere else other then Australia would the ref have waved it off that quick or make Hunt at least try to GnP

F#ck getting G'N'P of Hunt when you can't defend yourself.

I recall the same outcome in Japan, honestly I would say that the stoppage was how all referees should behave -- no point adding to the brain damage.

I recall the same outcome in Japan, honestly I would say that the stoppage was how all referees should behave -- no point adding to the brain damage.

True, altough a walk off KO seems like the fighter deciding it's over, something that shouldn't be the case either. But glad it was stopped anyway in this case.

True, altough a walk off KO seems like the fighter deciding it's over, something that shouldn't be the case either. But glad it was stopped anyway in this case.

yea but frank was done, you could see him trying to raise up but he was stiff -- actually think his eyes were closed also -- at least he tried to take it to the ground this fight -- i was wondering if he would still think he was a pro boxer with hunt or not -- lol -- guess he caught some wind off couple of those wiffs and was like fuck this

I think it was a bad stoppage. The ref didn't look like he was going to jump in until he saw Hunt walk away then it was almost like he didn't know what to do. I don't disagree that mir was pretty fucked up, but so was Magny the fight before but he was able to continue and ended up winning. Mir was on the ground looking up with his head up with his knees and arms bent ready for Hunt to jump on him. Weather his eyes were a little lost or not I don't think this is where you stop the fight, see what happens next.

Besides that, Mir looks awful. He used to be my favorite fighter but he is just terrible now adays. He's slow, has horrible cardio and hes so damn fat what the hell. Even in his KO of Duffee he was horrible just got lucky. He needs to retire or start taking his training serious. Mir not even in his prime but just in decent shape handles hunt easily.

I thought it was a bad stoppage when i was watching it live, but I changed my mind on the replay. I dont think Mir was ready or able to defend himself, he didnt really make a move to defend himself once he hit the mat. Magny never stopped trying to defend himself in his fight. I think the ref did a great job letting the fight continue when Magny was hurt, but should have stopped the fight at the end of the second when Lombard was just laying there taking a beating and making little attempt to defend himself.

I'll take 7-5 too considering I almost forgot this event was even going to be on yesterday. Better than 0 points for not submitting something

Same here. If I hadn't seen a commercial the night before I would have missed it.

I'll take 7-5 too considering I almost forgot this event was even going to be on yesterday. Better than 0 points for not submitting something

If only I hadn't missed an event :(

Ham got robbed in the fight ... I mean 2 judges giving Bec 30-27 UD ... if it was a split decision...then it's at least ok

Mark Hunt's power is legendary ... there is no doubt ... but referee was like not going to stop the fight but just because Mark Hunt walked away he stepped in ..that's bit odd ..
and I only watched the fight once, but it seems like that punch was to the back of the head .. unintentional for sure ...
I think Mir should have had a little bit more chance to recover ...

Btw, Magny got some chin on him :)

I think the stoppage for the Hunt fight was a good one, Mir was not getting up from that. In the other fight though, i have no idea why Lombard was not given the TKO in the 2nd. He was just waiting for the fight to be stopped, even Magny was surprised why it was not. He could barely stand in the 3rd round when he got finished.

Same here. If I hadn't seen a commercial the night before I would have missed it.

Yeah I've been busy on saturday nights a lot this year so far. Think I've only actually sat and watched 2 events from start to finish in 2016. I didn't see any of the fights from this event. I only remembered to fill it out because when I got on the forums saturday afternoon it had just been posted in and was the most recent topic on general discussion & i was like "oh shit!"

I think it was a bad stoppage. The ref didn't look like he was going to jump in until he saw Hunt walk away then it was almost like he didn't know what to do. I don't disagree that mir was pretty fucked up, but so was Magny the fight before but he was able to continue and ended up winning. Mir was on the ground looking up with his head up with his knees and arms bent ready for Hunt to jump on him. Weather his eyes were a little lost or not I don't think this is where you stop the fight, see what happens next.

Besides that, Mir looks awful. He used to be my favorite fighter but he is just terrible now adays. He's slow, has horrible cardio and hes so damn fat what the hell. Even in his KO of Duffee he was horrible just got lucky. He needs to retire or start taking his training serious. Mir not even in his prime but just in decent shape handles hunt easily.

Duffee has no chin. You tap it one and he goes out. I wouldn't call it lucky or give too much credit to Mir for that one. He is a glass cannon.