McGregor vs Diaz: Who was surprised?

Honestly, I saw that coming, thought that Nate's reach, boxing and durability would give Conor problems. The only thing that was somewhat surprising to me was that Conor gassed that fast, I thought that he was going to gas in the third and would get subbed by Nate then.

Conor is still pretty damn good and will bounce back from this though.

In all honestly, i cant pull my hat off to Diaz, he basically did nothing.

Conor Mcgregor lost the fight all by himself, he gassed out like a moron, with his retarded spin kicks only done for the fans and entertainment, but in the meantime those spinning shits gonna cost you cardio and energy.

He gassed out, tried a very badly attemtp to takedown, and he was totally out of energy, didnt show any defense on the ground, he was gassed.

Also i think that 170lbs on his weight costed a lot on this cardio, because lets be honest, he totally smashed Diaz face with very few punched, but the cardi owas not there, this match was even more embarassing than Cain Velasquez Werdum match.

Stay in the 155lbs division my dear leprechaun, or even better, stick in the 145lbs so you can knock out all the midgets you want, lol.

• Downvote 5

Conor gassed but Diaz fought perfectly for Diaz.... He wants a Brawll, he wants you to stand in front of him and get punched and take punches, and Conor got tired and fell into the Diaz brothers traps.

I expected it to be competitive and I believed Diaz was a harder opponent then anyone gave him credit for, styles make fights and Nate had a shot and played it perfect.. Yeah he got hit a lot and busted up, but Nate pulled Conor right into his trap of a sloppy brawl and the Diaz brothers will win those almost every time.

Diaz should get RDA next for the title and Conor vs Edgar for the FW Title I think it should go.

Conor looked like the overall more skilled fighter but Diaz just played it right. Conor's cardio imo has always been a bit of a question, not that its bad but he's started to gas out before. When Conor fought Mendes he started to gas, even when he KOd mendes he was starting to turn zombie mode.

I think the biggest thing here was the size of Diaz. You don't realize how big he is until hes standing in front of Conor. Conor was kicking his ass no doubt, but it would be almost impossible for him to KO Diaz. With the height advantage the point of which McGregor was connecting was at the end of his punch, meaning it has lost some power. Not to mention because of the reach of diaz he didn't have to try to get inside the pocket in order to hit Conor, he could hit Conor from any distance, so therefor his head was have some give to it as it wasn't moving forward so much. So take the fact that with the extended distance Conor had to reach out more and the fact the Diaz head was more like a cushion and Idk if it would've even been possible for McGregor to KO him at any point.

And once he gassed it was over. Diaz doesn't throw a lot into his punches, and being taller he doesn't have to use that extra energy to hit the guy. You don't realize it it but when your fighting against gravity, having to punch up and farther you use a lot more energy. He pretty much just look Conor defeat himself.

I was surprised by a couple of things. That Conor's power basically had no affect on Nate(it actually kind of woke him up a little) and that Conor's gas tank ran out so quick. Also Conor's chin isn't bad but it's definitely not what I thought it was. Lawler or any actual WW would absolutely lay him out especially considering that his striking defense is to take it on the chin.

A full camp Nate would give Conor more problems IMO. Conor has the more diverse stand up but Nate has some of the best boxing in MMA. Conor would have to knock him out to win and I don't see that happening. If he conserved his energy and fought smarter then maybe he could pull out a decision but I still think he would gas sooner or later because that's just Nate's style. He would have to take him down and hold him there but knowing Conor he would never do that.

I was surprised by a couple of things. That Conor's power basically had no affect on Nate(it actually kind of woke him up a little) and that Conor's gas tank ran out so quick. Also Conor's chin isn't bad but it's definitely not what I thought it was. Lawler or any actual WW would absolutely lay him out especially considering that his striking defense is to take it on the chin.

A full camp Nate would give Conor more problems IMO. Conor has the more diverse stand up but Nate has some of the best boxing in MMA. Conor would have to knock him out to win and I don't see that happening. If he conserved his energy and fought smarter then maybe he could pull out a decision but I still think he would gas sooner or later because that's just Nate's style. He would have to take him down and hold him there but knowing Conor he would never do that.

I think Conor could easily win a decision vs Nate, he'd just have to fight smart, leg kick, and pick his shots better rather than forcing the left over and over.

McGregor had a very bad gameplan.

First of all, like he said, he didnt used well his energy, and gassed out quickly. (stop with those fuckign spinning kicks damnit, you are not fighting midgets anymore)

Second, he underestimated Diaz, because he did not have a training camp and neither not even a sparring sessions, 10 days notice to prepare (even less at the end of the day) , Conor thought he would both out boxe him and Diaz would gas quickier than him.

Third mistake, was to get into a pure striking brawl with Diaz, because he is impossible to KO, you can only win him by unanimous decisions, or even a risky split decisions (if you go prue standup striking), so he should have fought as a counter striker, he was still quickier and the better boxer in my opinion, despite the reach.

Plus, McGregor himself said he hit nate Diaz hard, but he acknowledged that those shots only can work against 145lbs guys, Nate Diaz ate all those like a champ, despite being a bloody mask already.

And thats it, the first round, Conor dominated, taking some good punches from Diaz in return, the second, he totally gassed, this is so sad really, thats too bad he gassed out so quickly, because the fight only started to get fun... :(

But it is all good tho, it was an experiment, it was not a fight for the belt, it was a fight at 170lbs to save the PPV event, hats off to both Diaz and McGregor, now, Conor, go back to featherweight and dominate there.

one bitch-slap from Nate and 'the notorious' was stumbling for a takedown ... damn son

what he has is :
he got more luck than talent .. tbh
and his talk
i like connor, don't make a mistake on that
but that dude was way over his head ...

how nate, advanced his position on connor ... like it was nothing .. may be connor should shut da faq out and train more BJJ and wrestling in his "talking-time" ;)

but he had the sportsmanship to face the defeat like a real fighter ...unlike that arrogant, bitchy Rousey

one bitch-slap from Nate and 'the notorious' was stumbling for a takedown ... damn son

what he has is :

he got more luck than talent .. tbh

and his talk

i like connor, don't make a mistake on that

but that dude was way over his head ...

how nate, advanced his position on connor ... like it was nothing .. may be connor should shut da faq out and train more BJJ and wrestling in his "talking-time" ;)

but he had the sportsmanship to face the defeat like a real fighter ...unlike that arrogant, bitchy Rousey

He didnt stumbled for a takedown because he was hurt.

in the post fight interwiev he said he went in panic mode because he realized Nate had better reach and countered all his punches, plus he also realized his punches were not doing enough damage, as he thought.

He gassed + panic mode = bad takedown nattempt, and i mean, who in the name of God would try to fight Diaz on the ground, unless you dont know what to do next?? lol.

Truth be told, McGregor landed more punches and kicks, and he did the most damage though, it was all about how much gas was left, Diaz have been in so many wars, he know better, i still think McGregor deserve a shot at 155.

He can still wipe out the 145lbs division for many years.

He didnt stumbled for a takedown because he was hurt.

in the post fight interwiev he said he went in panic mode because he realized Nate had better reach and countered all his punches, plus he also realized his punches were not doing enough damage, as he thought.

He gassed + panic mode = bad takedown nattempt, and i mean, who in the name of God would try to fight Diaz on the ground, unless you dont know what to do next?? lol.

Truth be told, McGregor landed more punches and kicks, and he did the most damage though, it was all about how much gas was left, Diaz have been in so many wars, he know better, i still think McGregor deserve a shot at 155.

He can still wipe out the 145lbs division for many years.

yeah the post fight interview is a poly-graph eh ?

the post fight press, is so sacred, no one lies during that right?

just saying ;)

• Upvote 1

McGregor doesnt looks like one guy that lie, he always acknowledge opponents if he get fucked, then if you think the world run solely on lies, man its sad to be in your shoes then.

But yeah, keep belivieng it, Nate Diaz really did nothing other than doing things by the book, nothing great, he got literally smashed the first round, and halfway the second round they both had a go at it, but McGregor was gassed.

Also, you dont even need the post press conference to know what was going in theyr head, it was so evident that McGregor just gassed and didnt expected Nate to eat those punches, you dont even need to be a scholar of MMA to understand what happened.

You do sound like a McGregor basher though.

McGregor doesnt looks like one guy that lie, he always acknowledge opponents if he get fucked, then if you think the world run solely on lies, man its sad to be in your shoes then.

But yeah, keep belivieng it, Nate Diaz really did nothing other than doing things by the book, nothing great, he got literally smashed the first round, and halfway the second round they both had a go at it, but McGregor was gassed.

Also, you dont even need the post press conference to know what was going in theyr head, it was so evident that McGregor just gassed and didnt expected Nate to eat those punches, you dont even need to be a scholar of MMA to understand what happened.

You do sound like a McGregor basher though.

nope ... first things first .. I would never bash a real sportsman, a humble guy in defeat .. connor is such one .. will never bash him...the fighter that deserved bashing recently was that woman, Rousey

but u look like a connor a$$ worshiper eh? no offense meant ... didn't mean disrespect to u :)

ok connor was gassed ... what after 1 round? and panicked? then he is not that much of a good champ now, is he?

and seeing Nate eat all the punches, he 'panicked' ? then he isn't the 'mentally tough fighter' that he is boasting on about, is he?

Connor can't 'take-over' with gassing out after a round or getting ""panicked"" so quickly like that |

and "gassing out" after 5 minutes ? then what about that work-ethic and brilliant conditioning connor talks about?

and u call that 'gassing out' ? then u haven't seen many fights now have u? u might have seen fighters were way more gassed out than Connor did and able to keep their heads intact !

and also

Anderson silva was a punching bag for Chael Sonnen for 4 rounds and still got eh SUB victory .... that a champ there ... real heart !

and Connor not a liar? dude .. where u at? :D

he always tell that he has finished all of his UFC opponents ... ;) and we all know that ain't true ... :D

and honestly I like Connor, I am a fan of him and the sport ... :D

nope ... first things first .. I would never bash a real sportsman, a humble guy in defeat .. connor is such one .. will never bash him...the fighter that deserved bashing recently was that woman, Rousey

but u look like a connor a$$ worshiper eh? no offense meant ... didn't mean disrespect to u :)

ok connor was gassed ... what after 1 round? and panicked? then he is not that much of a good champ now, is he?

and seeing Nate eat all the punches, he 'panicked' ? then he isn't the 'mentally tough fighter' that he is boasting on about, is he?

Connor can't 'take-over' with gassing out after a round or getting ""panicked"" so quickly like that |

and "gassing out" after 5 minutes ? then what about that work-ethic and brilliant conditioning connor talks about?

and u call that 'gassing out' ? then u haven't seen many fights now have u? u might have seen fighters were way more gassed out than Connor did and able to keep their heads intact !

and also

Anderson silva was a punching bag for Chael Sonnen for 4 rounds and still got eh SUB victory .... that a champ there ... real heart !

and Connor not a liar? dude .. where u at? :D

he always tell that he has finished all of his UFC opponents ... ;) and we all know that ain't true ... :D

and honestly I like Connor, I am a fan of him and the sport ... :D

Yup thats it, you are definitley a McGregor basher.

Love your passive aggressive attitude whit that spam of smileys though.

Basically, for you McGregor is not a champ, because he went 2 division ups, 10 days* short notice he prepared for a fight at 170lbs (by the way, at the weigh ins his weight was 168, a sign that he even struggled to make the weight) he OBVIOUSLY gassed out because he is a speed striker, weighting at 10 goddamn kgs more than his ideal weight, dominated Nate the whole first round, it was his gameplan, but it didnt worked, Nate Diaz took all those masive hits like a champ, and because he have been in so many wars, he know better in terms of energy conservation and having his chin used as a punching ball.

It is so evident that he gassed out all by himself, not certainly because of few bitchslaps by Nate, his punching technique is terrible, but he have longer reach plus he is somehow quick for one of his height, anyway i can say everything to you, but you already have your idea of what happened, not gonna change that, cant change the McGregor hype derailers.

By the way "panic mode" mean you are not scared of the other dude, but you simply dont know what to do next, the gameplan derailed, as he didnt expected Diaz to eat all that shit, i have serious doubt ANY fighter in MMA is in panic in the real sense of it, maybe just Sage Northcutt because he is still a kid.

Watch the fight again: Conor was rocked.

It was either get knocked out or shoot for the takedown, he opted for the latter.

Im sorry i have must have seen a different fight then, i didnt see anyone get rocked, only one dude totally gassed out, with the other dude getting hyped as more and more hits landed in his face.

Im sorry i have must have seen a different fight then, i didnt see anyone get rocked, only one dude totally gassed out, with the other dude getting hyped as more and more hits landed in his face.

Rewatch the fight: look at Conor's legs and then come back and tell me he wasn't rocked at that point.

Rewatch the fight: look at Conor's legs and then come back and tell me he wasn't rocked at that point.

He was out of oxygen, he took heavy breather since 1 minute in the second round, ofcourse nate diaz punch gonna hurt, but he was not even close to get "rocked".

This match resemble very close with Werdum VS CAin Velasquez, or are you gonna say Werdum "rocked" Velasquez?? dont think so.

I just think McGregor lost because of a combination of shit gameplan + shit energy because of the gameplan + risky move to go all the way up to 170 + not enough experience in wars, like Nate Diaz have, he conserved the energy much better.