TWW News - 2016 so far

GBK16

Bjorn and I had a pretty nice disagreement w/ a good bit of foul language a day or 2 before he handed me Syn back with 6 mil in it and didn't ask for a dime. Which is what I was promised when I was passed on in favor of him several months before.

As far as how Bjorn did w/ the org? As far as I'm aware Michael Knight did most of the match-making so Bjorn was mostly doing recruiting and the org wasn't in bad shape when I took it back. It was still profitable but it was also pretty self-sustainable before he took it over. With concerns to the relationships he developed with the guys within the org, I can't really comment on nor have I ever asked anybody about their feelings.

As far as Dinooo sabotaging syn, when Bjorn first took over the org dinooo had a fit in chat the 1 day when Bjorn and I were both there and talked about how the top orgs were going to ban Syn from super-fights and all this other shit and because I built Syn back up I asked him to not follow through on this plan. Whether Dinooo actually attempted to follow through on this plan only he can answer. But to pretend that there was never a plan discussed to sabotage Syn is utterly false

I openly stated that Evo wouldn't do super fights with Syn with Bjorn in charge, this was largely in part to his boycott of Evo in which he told Jug he would never sign a fighter to Evo as long as I was there. I never said anything about other orgs boycotting Syn, but considering Bjorn's strained relationship with a few of the other top orgs, that he would struggle to get business done. You were part of Evo after leaving Syn when Bjorn took over and we had a long conversation in which you said to me that you wouldn't sabotage Syn, and asked me not to do the same, I said I won't sabotage it, but I am not doing business with Bjorn to which you had no problems with.

I told Jug etc that you just had to sit back and watch Bjorn ruin it, then I got a mail from Jug about Bjorn poaching fighters and sabotaging a super fight between Hardacre and Bowdrie. I spoke with Rocco, who said that he wanted no part in any beef between Syn and Evo and that he didn't want to get involved in the fight that Jug and Bjorn were having. Rocco is a RL friend of Peel Steel, so I assume he knew more than me about what was going on in BHP than I did, but I reassured him about the fight being set up between Gus and Jug and the fight went ahead. A few days later I got a mail from you saying that Bjorn was giving up Syn, and I offered to lend a hand by taking over Legacy so you could merge it into Syn. That pretty much sums up everything I have done in Tycoon in the past 5 months. Jug has a laundry list of complaints about Bjorn during those 5 months though, which just led to them two hating each other even more and if I was to say them all here, i'd be here all day and like you I have better shit to do with my time.

As far as your opinions on stuff like working with Bjorn and comparing them to our falling outs, I respect them, but I disagree with them. If you look through the bunch of orgs etc that I have had disagreements with including Megajug funnily enough, we have always been able to make peace because we done it not for business reasons, but because we spoke about our disagreement and we got over it. Bjorn on the other hand continues to just be a complete and utter annoyance to put it politely. He was all happy about his boycott until he got Syn and realized "oh shit, I need to do business with Dino" and tried to backtrack. I know he is just a kid, so its a valuable life lesson to learn, don't piss off someone and then expect them to forgive you when you need something; it just pisses them off even more.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I openly stated that Evo wouldn't do super fights with Syn with Bjorn in charge, this was largely in part to his boycott of Evo in which he told Jug he would never sign a fighter to Evo as long as I was there. I never said anything about other orgs boycotting Syn, but considering Bjorn's strained relationship with a few of the other top orgs, that he would struggle to get business done. You were part of Evo after leaving Syn when Bjorn took over and we had a long conversation in which you said to me that you wouldn't sabotage Syn, and asked me not to do the same, I said I won't sabotage it, but I am not doing business with Bjorn to which you had no problems with.

I told Jug etc that you just had to sit back and watch Bjorn ruin it, then I got a mail from Jug about Bjorn poaching fighters and sabotaging a super fight between Hardacre and Bowdrie. I spoke with Rocco, who said that he wanted no part in any beef between Syn and Evo and that he didn't want to get involved in the fight that Jug and Bjorn were having. Rocco is a RL friend of Peel Steel, so I assume he knew more than me about what was going on in BHP than I did, but I reassured him about the fight being set up between Gus and Jug and the fight went ahead. A few days later I got a mail from you saying that Bjorn was giving up Syn, and I offered to lend a hand by taking over Legacy so you could merge it into Syn. That pretty much sums up everything I have done in Tycoon in the past 5 months. Jug has a laundry list of complaints about Bjorn during those 5 months though, which just led to them two hating each other even more and if I was to say them all here, i'd be here all day and like you I have better shit to do with my time.

As far as your opinions on stuff like working with Bjorn and comparing them to our falling outs, I respect them, but I disagree with them. If you look through the bunch of orgs etc that I have had disagreements with including Megajug funnily enough, we have always been able to make peace because we done it not for business reasons, but because we spoke about our disagreement and we got over it. Bjorn on the other hand continues to just be a complete and utter annoyance to put it politely. He was all happy about his boycott until he got Syn and realized "oh shit, I need to do business with Dino" and tried to backtrack. I know he is just a kid, so its a valuable life lesson to learn, don't piss off someone and then expect them to forgive you when you need something; it just pisses them off even more.

I just hope you aren't still trying to piss me off as you only make me laugh.

First of all what boycott? You mean your attempt in trying to not make convicted fighters join Syn? How did that work out? I have had convicted fighters at Syn and they stayed + recruited new ones , including ones that become Syn champion. So great job with your boycott !

As for poaching, let me know the name(s) please mr. Journalist. I would love to know what fantasy you have in your mind this time.

On the point of superfights, you refused to do superfights, altough I clearly stated that I wouldn't even arrange them, that Michael Knight could fully do them without you having to talk to me. You decided that your ego and disliking of me was more important than fighters in the top orgs and refused to work via Michael.

As for the superfight that you accuse me of sabotaging, lol. I set up a deal for two superfights with CEC, one at Syn and one at CEC. Your boy Jug decided to go behind my back and sabotaged the deal. So please get your facts straight and don't make a fool out of yourself if you want to write as a bit of a journalist instead of a boyscout.

Oh and on the subject of poaching, multiple managers ( including some highly respected ones) have messaged me when I ran Syn to tell me that you offered them big cash to leave Syn and come to EVO instead, while they were still under contract.

I know you will ask for their names to be published and proof, but not going to happen. I know 100% sure their messages were correct and if people would know their names, they would know that I am correct in believing them. + I have seen the PM's.

And yeah, not everyone you consider your friend is your friend really dinooo, considering who sent me one of those PM's...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There is a difference between being like minded and a gang of lapdogs nipping at the heels of every thread on the forum. Keep racking up those spins though, maybe you'll get a free jet this week.

#HiveMentality

I could say the same for you.

#circlejerkmentality

• Downvote 3

Filling fight cards is benefiting and what mentor got done for

Yeah I'm in no way disputing that it is against the rules. What I mean is, he didn't need to. I'd have accepted those fights easily and my guys don't even get fights often. He didn't NEED to fill the cards (it's the Island after all) so that's why I personally am not gonna blacklist the guy or anything.

The fact that the fighters Elk picked up generally have no hype and shit records and didnt really face anyone of note (to pad their record) is why I'm inclined to believe Reg wasn't using two accounts to boost his org or manager account through deceptive means. But it's still against the rules and for good reason so whatever he has coming from the "powers that be" as a result, he'll have to face it.

I would say that's an accurate enough statement of how things went down concerning our discussions together. You openly stating EVO wouldn't deal with them. My saying I wouldn't participate in any sabotage & asking you to not do it either. I know other orgs did the same, whether that was a coordinated effort or each individuals decision I can't speak on.

Though that was a great recruiting tool for me at Legacy & 1 I wasn't afraid to use. "Hey these orgs refuse to do business, join Legacy bc I cooperate with everybody"
As far as poaching on your part or Bjorn's I know nothing about what happened. My only involvement was asking Bjorn for a fight & his response being "No & you can thank Mega for my answer" which in typical Fuse fashion led to me flying off the rails w/o fully understanding why he said no. But I didn't understand why something I had 0 to do with led to him turning me down & replying in what was in my view a flippant response, thus leading to our disagreement I previously mentioned.
  • Upvote 2

I could say the same for you.

#circlejerkmentality

How convenient that anyone who disagrees with anything your little clique of losers has to say or does is considered a part of your fantasy circle jerk or butt buddies or whatever homophobic thoughts you have swimming around in your head. I actually have the capacity to form my own thoughts and decisions and I have openly disagreed with pretty much everyone at one point, even if they are in my alliance. I can't say the same about you.

This message board is fast filling up with degenerates and it's becoming a headache to read. This is quickly getting way out of hand and it's not a handful of people who feel this way, most just don't even bother with saying anything. It's a pity that JJ has surrounded himself with people like you.

Enough feeding the trolls from me tho or whatever you are pretending to be. I know life is so unfair from your mom's basement.

• Upvote 11

The update on Highland Network:-

Reggie has stepped down as owner of Highland Island. We both thought it was probably best as it's a black mark on the org right this second and he can take some time away from it and start putting some ideas together for next season, this time dotting all his Is and making sure something like this doesn't happen again. As far as I'm aware, Michael Russell will be sort of the "ghost owner" of Highland Island while Stefan will take over as the CEO (he was running it for an extended period while Reggie was held up anyways).

This leaves Highland Kickboxing back into the air. One option is Reggie could take over that. How would people view that? Really, Highland Kickboxing is just for the fighters at this stage. It doesn't really have money and the hype has went way down but there's still 60 days and like 60+ fighters left on the roster. We could alternatively look for another person if people feel Reggie should distance himself from The Island for the time being. From what I hear, HKB is in a bad way after the Randy situation so it'll be a hard job to even continue running it until the end of June.

It's beyond hilarious to see MegaJug getting upset over poaching. He was the king of poaching for the longest time. Any time I had a fighter get above 1k rank, I would nearly always get a message in my inbox from jug asking me how many fights were left on my contract and what it would take to get them to sign with EVO. Personally, I dont think there is anything wrong with talking to a manager about a fighter under contract but I find it funny to see Jug getting upset over it.

The dino/bjorn rivalry is pretty funny to me too. I think the dino hate towards bjorn really comes from how incredibly close their personalities are and the similarity of the two's early game experience. With both of these guys, I got on pretty well with them early on, but they both just wear on you (when dino did one of his many ragequits during the first ITFL and caused fuse and I to scramble to save the tourny was the breaking point for me). When dino first started he used to pester everyone in chat with questions or ask opinions on game topics (mostly his mediocre FA Crassus) and then want to argue with you. Bjorn does the same thing, but probably not to the same extent as dino did, but asks the same questions repeatedly.

Both of them had a pretty easy initial entry into the game. Dino latched on at Ascension and TFP and got very early access to vet level sliders and a top org that most had to put in a lot of work to obtain. Bjorn was the same way, inheriting a really solid id org (NYFN), later getting SYN and mass mailing almost any vet manager who would talk to him to get a lot of veteran level slider understanding pretty quick.

If I remember correctly, the genesis of the whole conflict was bjorn getting mike to do something that allowed him to get a FA that dino coveted. But I think the reason that the incident sparked such an on going feud was them realizing how similar their personalities are.

• Upvote 4

I sure had a great start when I was asked to run NYFN and actually own it, as it gave me the chance to connect with a lot of managers. It gave me an early boost that was very welcome.

I hope that only the history of me and dinooo are somewhat similar and not our character.

The only thing I don't really can agree with in your reasoning is about the veteran level slider understanding. Many of my losses come due to some bad hidden guys I have, but even then there are a lot of veterans lightyears ahead in slider knowledge. I can only wish that I knew as much about it as you, LT, Michael, ...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I really don't see the problem with poaching tbh. If you can get a fighter away from their org, imo that means the org isn't doing their job correctly.

People see it as a bad thing. I think it's like RL although I don't poach due to the backlash on the forums and the hurt it would give my org.

If the forums thought poaching was ok if prob be down to try do it haha

I dont see a problem with contacting a fighter that is signed either. But it has been a while since I have had anyone good enough to get messages about! You sign to fight a set number of fights, as long as you finish those fights you are under no agrement to stay longer. The only time I feel different is if you have the belt you should stay with the ORG to defend it.

I dont see a problem with contacting a fighter that is signed either. But it has been a while since I have had anyone good enough to get messages about! You sign to fight a set number of fights, as long as you finish those fights you are under no agrement to stay longer. The only time I feel different is if you have the belt you should stay with the ORG to defend it.

Yeah leaving with the belt is a bit of a dick move, then again the org should really throw whatever they can at the fighter to keep them. Defo on the contract thing though. I'd never really leave a contract I signed to.

It really sucks that Bjorn and some of the guys cant figure out a way to get along. It is no secret Bjorn and I are friends, but I like the other guys involved to. Wish I could just get them all together let them get a couple beers in, let them fight it out and then they would probably get along great. At least that is how it has always worked for me.

But like a train wreck I cant stop coming back to watch what is next.

• Upvote 2

It really sucks that Bjorn and some of the guys cant figure out a way to get along. It is no secret Bjorn and I are friends, but I like the other guys involved to. Wish I could just get them all together let them get a couple beers in, let them fight it out and then they would probably get along great. At least that is how it has always worked for me.

But like a train wreck I cant stop coming back to watch what is next.

Yeah. Nothing says friendship and people coming together in friendship like a drunk Scotsman.

• Upvote 2

I agree Wolf, it is bad to ask to leave if you get a message. That is why I said after you finish the contract.

As for leaving with the belt, I just don't think it is right, I have never done it. I am not saying that someone who does is wrong, it is up to the ORG to pay them enough to keep them. I am just saying I feel like if I have the belt I owe it to the ORG to defend it. If I want to leave I will ask for short contracts or ask the ORG owner if they will release me after I lose the belt before I renew. If they agree I take them at their word and resign. This is just my opinion not saying others are wrong for feeling different.

• Upvote 1

I agree Wolf, it is bad to ask to leave if you get a message. That is why I said after you finish the contract.

As for leaving with the belt, I just don't think it is right, I have never done it. I am not saying that someone who does is wrong, it is up to the ORG to pay them enough to keep them. I am just saying I feel like if I have the belt I owe it to the ORG to defend it. If I want to leave I will ask for short contracts or ask the ORG owner if they will release me after I lose the belt before I renew. If they agree I take them at their word and resign. This is just my opinion not saying others are wrong for feeling different.

I'm with you mate. I wouldn't leave if I had a belt or if I did I'd work out an agreement with both management of the orgs for my guy to go back and defend it every 3 month or when they have a contender. Most org owners won't agree to this it's fair enough if it's a rival org but if it's one of the top 4-5 orgs then think most understand

Great write up fellas. If you don't like TWW News, you don't MMATycoon!

Looks like I am the only one who knows all the sides of a story for once. If you can piece together what the fellas have said and use JLP's personality profile to fill in the blanks, you will have almost all the story. I'd fill in the blanks, but fuck it.......

"What difference, at this point, does it make?"

:mf_popcorn1:

• Upvote 5

The update on Highland Network:-

Reggie has stepped down as owner of Highland Island. We both thought it was probably best as it's a black mark on the org right this second and he can take some time away from it and start putting some ideas together for next season, this time dotting all his Is and making sure something like this doesn't happen again. As far as I'm aware, Michael Russell will be sort of the "ghost owner" of Highland Island while Stefan will take over as the CEO (he was running it for an extended period while Reggie was held up anyways).

This leaves Highland Kickboxing back into the air. One option is Reggie could take over that. How would people view that? Really, Highland Kickboxing is just for the fighters at this stage. It doesn't really have money and the hype has went way down but there's still 60 days and like 60+ fighters left on the roster. We could alternatively look for another person if people feel Reggie should distance himself from The Island for the time being. From what I hear, HKB is in a bad way after the Randy situation so it'll be a hard job to even continue running it until the end of June.

i have probably said to much on the subject all ready but this will be the last on here form me i promise

point blank the owner of the org cheated he had multi players from the same ip in the same org

now you are swapping out the manager with another guy from the highland network it seems to me like you are trying to take out your own trash real fast to cover up the fact that the org owner cheated

like ok we dealt with it but all you have done is try to sweep it under the rug i dont know lets just over look the facts that this guy was cheating and just keep talking shit about mamado who by the way is not a cheat he may be and asshole but there are lots of asshole in here he is far from the only one

everybody reading this knows if what reggie did happen in island fc it would for sure be a different outcome but that's my opinion and i hope nothing like that happens in ifc or the unit so i don't have to find out that i am right

thanks sorry if i posted here too many times

this was a great read as always i just wish it would have been posted to the tycoon times this would do a lot to boost the readers for sure please think about that Dinooo and GBK and wolf anyone involved here with the writing throw the times a bone every now and then please

thanks jj

Yeah I'm in no way disputing that it is against the rules. What I mean is, he didn't need to. I'd have accepted those fights easily and my guys don't even get fights often. He didn't NEED to fill the cards (it's the Island after all) so that's why I personally am not gonna blacklist the guy or anything.

The fact that the fighters Elk picked up generally have no hype and shit records and didnt really face anyone of note (to pad their record) is why I'm inclined to believe Reg wasn't using two accounts to boost his org or manager account through deceptive means. But it's still against the rules and for good reason so whatever he has coming from the "powers that be" as a result, he'll have to face it.

YOU KNEW DAM WELL AND THE AXE MUST COME DOWN ON YOU GUYS.......

IS NOT LIKE SWEPING IT ALL UNDER THE RUG AND WE ALL FORGET ABOUT IT NAH NAH NAH.....

SOMETHING WILL HAVE TO HAPPEND TO YOUR ORGANIZATION SOME HOW YOU GUYS NEED TO GET PUNISHED HEAVILY .....

YOU SEND MULTIS TO GET OUR BEST FA's , GET THEM TO HIGHLAND ISLAND AND THEN PRETEND YOU FIRED HES ASS......WHAT DO YOU REALY THINK WE ALL THAT STUPID?......

EVERYONE KNOWS YOU GUYS HAVE A CORRUPT OPERATION GOING ON THERE....

iF THIS WAS ISLAND FC ...OH MY GOD WE WOULD HAVE BEEN NAILED TO THE CROSS ALREADY.......DOUBLE STANDARTS HIDDEN BEIND WELL PUT TOGHETER WORDS(JUST LIKE POLITICIANS)

BUT YEAH I WILL ONLY AND ONLY TALK ABOUT THIS UNTIL SOME KIND OF PUNISHMENT COMES DOWN ON YOU LOT AS AN ORGANIZATION NOT PUNISHING THE GUY WITH THE MULTI ONLY ,IT WILL MAKE NOSENSE, THEY NEED TO BE PUNISHED SEVERELY........

I SUGGEST A MASSIVE HIT ON THE HYPE....MOST OF THEIRE FIGHTERS HAVE PADED RECORDS INDEED...YOU CANT AGUE WITH THAT! SPECIALY WHEN MULTIS HAVE BEEN UNCOVERED RUNING THE PROMOTION

HIGHLAND ISLAND WON THE ISLAND SEASON 5 DUE TO CHEATING...WELL DONE BOYS ...EVERYONE THAT WORKS HARD AND PLAYS FAIR GIVES YOU GUYS ALL THE CREDIT-NOT

HOW CAN SOMEONE SLEEP AT NIGHT AND BE HAPPY TO WIN WITH CHEATING

YOU PLAYING THE VICTIM AND RIGHTUOUS NOW

• Downvote 6

Next season i might run an island org just to stop #THEUNIT & #HIGHLAND GAMES Bitching haha.

Please stop bitching against each other set up an Alliance Event vs each other. Winner gets bragging rights and the others have to put a shitty logo in there signature for a month.

There are far more storys in that report to focus on but you seem to pinpoint one. Mike will be the guy to decide the punishment.

• Upvote 2