McGregor vs Mayweather

Iv just read and artical granted in that paper they normally have tits on page 3. That mayweather and McGregor have agreed to boxing match.

100millikn to mayweather 7 million to Conor.

The sun newspaper is reporting it

It wouldn't be allowed in McGregor's contract, surely. Anderson vs Roy Jones wasn't allowed so I don't see why the contracts would be less stringent now.

4 million paying customers with the name UFC on their minds. Millions more watching streams online and stuff. I reckon UFC would let him if it was actually real. Helwani is shooting it down though.

4 million paying customers with the name UFC on their minds. Millions more watching streams online and stuff. I reckon UFC would let him if it was actually real. Helwani is shooting it down though.

Anyone with a brain should be shooting it down

Anyone with a brain should be shooting it down

I don't think it seems so bizarre. Conor would do it if he was getting PPV points (as it would probably beat even May/Pac's numbers). Mayweather might just say fuck it, easy win, beat Marciano and cash an easy cheque. UFC might allow it just to get 4 million people watching an event with an MMA fighter in it. I don't think it's impossible.

I don't think it seems so bizarre. Conor would do it if he was getting PPV points (as it would probably beat even May/Pac's numbers). Mayweather might just say fuck it, easy win, beat Marciano and cash an easy cheque. UFC might allow it just to get 4 million people watching an event with an MMA fighter in it. I don't think it's impossible.

I don't think it would come close to beating may/PAC. Maybe it would get close to 2.5 million but 4 million is absurd. Mayweather stardom has really warn off and McGregor isn't big enough to get it to that point. Most boxing fans are over mayweather and a fight with an overmatched MMA fighter really wouldn't intrigue them. I love watching both guys but that fight would be a joke. Mayweather would probably finish him.

Lets say that it does get 4 mill though. Getting your top star manhandled wouldn't really help you.

I don't think it would come close to beating may/PAC. Maybe it would get close to 2.5 million but 4 million is absurd. Mayweather stardom has really warn off and McGregor isn't big enough to get it to that point. Most boxing fans are over mayweather and a fight with an overmatched MMA fighter really wouldn't intrigue them. I love watching both guys but that fight would be a joke. Mayweather would probably finish him.

Lets say that it does get 4 mill though. Getting your top star manhandled wouldn't really help you.

Mayweather's stardom has worn off since when? It was only last year he absolutely DESTROYED the PPV record. People will tune in to see Mayweather fight when it's not against people no one cares about.

McGregor is absolutely that big. McGregor could be the most talked about sportsman in the world today. He's absolutely everywhere.

The fight would definitely be a joke and if Mayweather didn't finish him, that would be an even bigger joke.

If the UFC were terrified about McGregor losing, he wouldn't have been fighting Nate Diaz again. It would be massive publicity for them just to have their name mentioned in the biggest PPV seller of all time, even if it's not their event.

NO way UFC would allow it, that is their strangle hold on fighters if they allow that they basically allow fighters to make money elsewhere without finishing their contracts. That would be business suicide 101.

I don't agree with all the stuff the UFC does, but if you look at it from a business stand point it would be dumb and they'd never in a million years let that happen. Now if it was a addition to a UFC promoted event, that could be a different story like adding it to a UFC event.

I was also wondering, I don't think the UFC has the ability to prevent fighters from taking part in jiu jitsu competitions (like Metamoris for example) and Anderson was trying to join the Brazilian TKD Olympic team for a while. I wonder what the contract is like in that regard. I'd imagine that boxing would be specifically added but you never know.

I'm pretty sure they have to have metamors approved, I could be wrong though.

I know several race car drivers that have in their contracts they have to have activities approved like sky diving and anything that could cause injuries and make them not be able to fulfill their racing contracts, it happens all the time.

I was also wondering, I don't think the UFC has the ability to prevent fighters from taking part in jiu jitsu competitions (like Metamoris for example) and Anderson was trying to join the Brazilian TKD Olympic team for a while. I wonder what the contract is like in that regard. I'd imagine that boxing would be specifically added but you never know.

yeah but in things like Metamoris you don't need to deal with boxing promoters, there is no way its allowed. Metamoris is a bjj match where the risk of injury is minimal, unless you know Palhares. Boxing takes months to recover from and Conor would be eating a lot of punches and it would put him out of UFC 201 or 202.

Also the talk of it beating Mayweather v Pacman? Don't be silly, anyone who liked boxing watched that fight. I know it has cross appeal but that was the fight people wanted for nearly 10 years or something like that, Conor is coming off a loss to Nate Diaz who outboxed him, god have mercy if McGregor even sparred against Mayweather.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm pretty sure they have to have metamors approved, I could be wrong though.

I know several race car drivers that have in their contracts they have to have activities approved like sky diving and anything that could cause injuries and make them not be able to fulfill their racing contracts, it happens all the time.

They don't have those in the UFC. Follow Donald Cerrone online and I'm sure you'll see that quickly haha.

Tom Lawlor also did a couple of things in ROH, but I'm not sure if he ever went as far as a match. Rousey didn't get permission about WM either I don't think.

For sure Mayweather absolutely slaughters McGregor. But we're also talking about a guy who essentially is the second biggest draw in MMA history and draws more than almost every boxer in the world...who is also the most talked about sportsman in the world...fighting a guy that is undefeated and is the biggest draw in sports history (when he's fighting someone remotely interesting). Mayweather and McGregor would easily be the second highest selling PPV of all time, with the potential to be the first.

That being said I expected May and Pac to flop as it has taken so long for it to happen. Fuck was I wrong then haha

Cerrone has a novels worth of "don't do crazy shit" in his contract I imagine. In the highly unlikely event this was even remotely true it has zero appeal as a boxing match to me other than the whole freak thing (may as well have Del Rio v Fedor as the co main).

Amir Khan has said he might be interested in mma, that fight would be more appealing but again as a boxing match not so much.

Cerrone has a novels worth of "don't do crazy shit" in his contract I imagine. In the highly unlikely event this was even remotely true it has zero appeal as a boxing match to me other than the whole freak thing (may as well have Del Rio v Fedor as the co main).

Amir Khan has said he might be interested in mma, that fight would be more appealing but again as a boxing match not so much.

If he had those, he'd have been locked up years ago for repeatedly breaking the contract haha. Nah Dana is always talking about how much he hates Cerrone doing all that shit.

Del Rio Vs Fedor would be fun haha. Del Rio actually has a not bad record. He may be known as a guy who got KOed by Cro Cop brutally whilst wearing a silly mask but he's actually got an okay record.

Mayweather's stardom has worn off since when? It was only last year he absolutely DESTROYED the PPV record. People will tune in to see Mayweather fight when it's not against people no one cares about.

McGregor is absolutely that big. McGregor could be the most talked about sportsman in the world today. He's absolutely everywhere.

The fight would definitely be a joke and if Mayweather didn't finish him, that would be an even bigger joke.

If the UFC were terrified about McGregor losing, he wouldn't have been fighting Nate Diaz again. It would be massive publicity for them just to have their name mentioned in the biggest PPV seller of all time, even if it's not their event.

Well first of all Mayweather's stardom has worn off, sure he got the PPV record but it was also the most highly anticipated fight ever but I mean outside of that people don't want to watch mayweather anymore. Look at his last fight against Berto it did 500k, why, because everyone knew it was going to be a classic mayweather fight and Berto had no chance. 500k is no joke obviously but he's not at the same level he once was where anybody could step in there and he would sell a million ppv buys. For Mayweather to sell huge numbers people have to believe he can be beat and Pacman was the last guy. That was mayweather's entire thing, people hated him and wanted to see him lose but now that all the competition is done with the intrigue has worn off. I'm sure most of us watch his fight because we love his skills but that doesn't translate to the rest of the casuals. If McGregor were to fight Mayweather the same thing would happen. It would still sell a lot because both are big stars but I'm pretty sure most people can see how much of a joke fight that is. Conor has no chance so why pay 50+ to watch an absolute beatdown.

As for the fight I think Mayweather would finish him in the 6th or 7th, which to be fair is amazing considering the skill disparity. Mayweather doesn't have very good KO power and rarely goes for it anyway so a gassed Conor mid way through the fight would

Well first of all Mayweather's stardom has worn off, sure he got the PPV record but it was also the most highly anticipated fight ever but I mean outside of that people don't want to watch mayweather anymore. Look at his last fight against Berto it did 500k, why, because everyone knew it was going to be a classic mayweather fight and Berto had no chance. 500k is no joke obviously but he's not at the same level he once was where anybody could step in there and he would sell a million ppv buys. For Mayweather to sell huge numbers people have to believe he can be beat and Pacman was the last guy. That was mayweather's entire thing, people hated him and wanted to see him lose but now that all the competition is done with the intrigue has worn off. I'm sure most of us watch his fight because we love his skills but that doesn't translate to the rest of the casuals. If McGregor were to fight Mayweather the same thing would happen. It would still sell a lot because both are big stars but I'm pretty sure most people can see how much of a joke fight that is. Conor has no chance so why pay 50+ to watch an absolute beatdown.

As for the fight I think Mayweather would finish him in the 6th or 7th, which to be fair is amazing considering the skill disparity. Mayweather doesn't have very good KO power and rarely goes for it anyway so a gassed Conor mid way through the fight would

Mayweather's fights with Maidana didn't break a million, and people give a lot more of a fuck about Maidana then they do Berto. It's not that Mayweather's star has gone down, it's just that no one gives a fuck about Berto what so ever. The competition is also definitely not done. So many great boxing Welterweights he could fight.

It'd be a complete joke fight, but people are still HUGE into McGregor and people still apparently tune into a big Mayweather fight.

If he had those, he'd have been locked up years ago for repeatedly breaking the contract haha. Nah Dana is always talking about how much he hates Cerrone doing all that shit.

Del Rio Vs Fedor would be fun haha. Del Rio actually has a not bad record. He may be known as a guy who got KOed by Cro Cop brutally whilst wearing a silly mask but he's actually got an okay record.

He had a couple of really good fights back in the day, for a part time MMA fighter he was pretty bad ass, broke some guys arm in a slam IIRC. I think Dana blocked Cerrone from a couple of things, I seem to remeber him planning on carting a trolley of beer through town giving it out to people and got stopped...which seems daft to me but Uncle (fester) Dana knows best.

Impossible. UFC has no compete clauses and several other measures that would stop Conor from doing just about anything until he finishes his contract.

Considering they've paid him more money, I guarantee his contract is tighter than average. He's not going to fight in a third world country and ruin several million dollar paydays.

And Conor would look like a child in the boxing ring with Floyd. I dont even like Floyd but c'mon.

• Upvote 3