McGregor vs Mayweather

Ridiculos!!! This McGregor is just overhyped. He has no legacy, no big wins (accpet one on Aldo, but thats debatable). Is just stupid to even think about match like that. Silva beaten everyone and has been the best for 6-7 years and never fought boxer, even there was some talk about it. McGregor is just a big fucking JOKE!!!

• Upvote 2

Iv just read and artical granted in that paper they normally have tits on page 3. That mayweather and McGregor have agreed to boxing match.

100millikn to mayweather 7 million to Conor.

The sun newspaper is reporting it

Knowing how big Conor's ego is... he wouldn't accept this ridiculous amount of money (and he shouldn't).

News reported by Sun from unknown source makes this 85% incorrect :D

I would love to take that bet :P

he might hit Floyd but not with a clean punch

i have seen floyd go 12 rounds and never get hit clean for the full fight

i am not saying that happens in all of his fights zab was hitting floyd clean and i think zab knock floyd down but they called it a slip

the basic part of boxing is trying to hit your opponent without getting hit and that is what floyd is the best at even when he gets hit he rolls with it or takes it on his gloves and arms

If MMA were a video game and your energy bar didn't go down from 100%, Conor fucks Nate up just about every time. Conor got tired. Don't underestimate cardio. Nobody seems to mention how gassed McGregor got after round 1. The ironic part I thought was when he came out in round 2 and said "all day" because he knew he was gassing. Shouldn't of tried to pack on weight and just focused on cardio.

Floyd fucks McGregor up in boxing, unless he does some Anderson Silva stunt and lets McGregor punch him. Anybody can be KO'd if they get hit with enough force on the button. I don't think Floyd is that stupid, and he tools Conor from start to finish.

If MMA were a video game and your energy bar didn't go down from 100%, Conor fucks Nate up just about every time. Conor got tired. Don't underestimate cardio. Nobody seems to mention how gassed McGregor got after round 1. The ironic part I thought was when he came out in round 2 and said "all day" because he knew he was gassing. Shouldn't of tried to pack on weight and just focused on cardio.

Floyd fucks McGregor up in boxing, unless he does some Anderson Silva stunt and lets McGregor punch him. Anybody can be KO'd if they get hit with enough force on the button. I don't think Floyd is that stupid, and he tools Conor from start to finish.

You seem to be really underestimating Nate again. I think with a full camp Nate wins again whether Conor focuses on cardio or not. What about the first fight showed you that Conor could fuck Nate up in a situation like that. Conor won the first round but Nate was in it as well, landing lots of shots. Keep in mind that he had almost no training at all and wasn't in top fighting shape like Conor was. I think Nate get's the best of him in any rematch, he's too long, really good boxing, constant pressure, and Conor won't be able to crack his chin. Cardio did play a big part but I saw nothing in that first round that showed that McGregor was far superior like you seem to believe.

You seem to be really underestimating Nate again. I think with a full camp Nate wins again whether Conor focuses on cardio or not. What about the first fight showed you that Conor could fuck Nate up in a situation like that. Conor won the first round but Nate was in it as well, landing lots of shots. Keep in mind that he had almost no training at all and wasn't in top fighting shape like Conor was. I think Nate get's the best of him in any rematch, he's too long, really good boxing, constant pressure, and Conor won't be able to crack his chin. Cardio did play a big part but I saw nothing in that first round that showed that McGregor was far superior like you seem to believe.

He's a Conor fanboy, no getting through to him.

• Upvote 2

I think you are still underestimating how much cardio influences a fight, you can be the most skilled motherfucker on the planet but if you do not have the cardio, or cannot control your cardio then you are up shits creek against guys like Nate, Edgar etc who just push the pace until you drown. Nate let Conor go out and blow his wad in the first round, while as he put it "warmed up", Conor stood there like a punching bag in the second round and Nate fucked him up, badly, to the point where Conor gave up, he mentally quit, that is not a good thing in a fighter. A big thing about fighting is your fight IQ also, and Conor's game plan either suggested he was overly confident or when he tagged Nate he thought he could finish him, so ended up gassed at the end of the first round - either one of them suggests his fight IQ ain't that great.

As far as him v Nate in the skills department, Nate is a lot better at boxing and throwing his hands. His punches remind of me a baseball pitching, you don't know if he is throwing you a fastball or an off speed pitch - they both are thrown at near enough the same speed and the same way. It is how Conor got lured into thinking Nate was going to just pepper him, took a few of those light jabs and then gets popped with a solid jab and Conor got groggy. Conor's punches are pretty easy to tell as far as him throwing a power punch or a lighter punch. Conor easily wins at the kicking game, I don't think it comes to much surprise there. Wrestling i'd give to Nate, just considering how well him and his brother both control the clinch and use it to basically gas the other person and the ground game? I'd give that to Nate, hands down. When it comes to movement, footwork etc, you give that to Conor, he has fantastic balance and coordination, he cuts fantastic angles to get in and land his shot then move again. All that said and done, I'd say him v Nate is still a fairly even fight, even if you give Conor infinite stamina.

Conor's excuses about packing on weight, how much weight do you think he put on? I have seen pictures of him and Tyrone Woodley and Conor looks heavier than him. Conor was meant fighting at 155, and was still going to defend his belt at 145. He also fought 4 months before hand, and unless he was on uncle Reems horse meat, then he ain't packing on pounds of muscle in that time frame. Now I don't believe Conor cuts from 168, he prolly cuts from about 160, but you can attribute the extra 8 pounds or so to him just pigging out since he didn't need to cut weight. When you compare his weight cut to 145 v the one against Nate, his actual muscle mass, it isn't a boot in the arse off, he just hasn't sucked all the water out of his body. The truth in the matter, Conor said directly after the fight, he blew his wad, and got fucked up; while that is a good time in Amsterdam, it isn't a good thing when you are fighting in a cage.

• Upvote 2

I think you are still underestimating how much cardio influences a fight, you can be the most skilled motherfucker on the planet but if you do not have the cardio, or cannot control your cardio then you are up shits creek against guys like Nate, Edgar etc who just push the pace until you drown. Nate let Conor go out and blow his wad in the first round, while as he put it "warmed up", Conor stood there like a punching bag in the second round and Nate fucked him up, badly, to the point where Conor gave up, he mentally quit, that is not a good thing in a fighter. A big thing about fighting is your fight IQ also, and Conor's game plan either suggested he was overly confident or when he tagged Nate he thought he could finish him, so ended up gassed at the end of the first round - either one of them suggests his fight IQ ain't that great.

As far as him v Nate in the skills department, Nate is a lot better at boxing and throwing his hands. His punches remind of me a baseball pitching, you don't know if he is throwing you a fastball or an off speed pitch - they both are thrown at near enough the same speed and the same way. It is how Conor got lured into thinking Nate was going to just pepper him, took a few of those light jabs and then gets popped with a solid jab and Conor got groggy. Conor's punches are pretty easy to tell as far as him throwing a power punch or a lighter punch. Conor easily wins at the kicking game, I don't think it comes to much surprise there. Wrestling i'd give to Nate, just considering how well him and his brother both control the clinch and use it to basically gas the other person and the ground game? I'd give that to Nate, hands down. When it comes to movement, footwork etc, you give that to Conor, he has fantastic balance and coordination, he cuts fantastic angles to get in and land his shot then move again. All that said and done, I'd say him v Nate is still a fairly even fight, even if you give Conor infinite stamina.

Conor's excuses about packing on weight, how much weight do you think he put on? I have seen pictures of him and Tyrone Woodley and Conor looks heavier than him. Conor was meant fighting at 155, and was still going to defend his belt at 145. He also fought 4 months before hand, and unless he was on uncle Reems horse meat, then he ain't packing on pounds of muscle in that time frame. Now I don't believe Conor cuts from 168, he prolly cuts from about 160, but you can attribute the extra 8 pounds or so to him just pigging out since he didn't need to cut weight. When you compare his weight cut to 145 v the one against Nate, his actual muscle mass, it isn't a boot in the arse off, he just hasn't sucked all the water out of his body. The truth in the matter, Conor said directly after the fight, he blew his wad, and got fucked up; while that is a good time in Amsterdam, it isn't a good thing when you are fighting in a cage.

Conor was doing a lot of weight lifting and his eating habits, two steaks a day, we're the type of thing you do to pack weight/build muscle. Not stay lean.

In a fictitious world where Conor and Nate have infinite stamina, I think it's one sided in McGregor's favor. He's a superior athlete. I do agree that Conor and Nate are a pretty even match as far as skill level goes. Nate has a massive advantage in the BJJ department and Conor has a massive advantage in the kicking department. I'd say their boxing and wrestling is close enough where it could go either way.

Nate saying he was "warming up" is similar to any fighter that gets his ass kicked in the 1st round. Nate looked kinda lost going to his corner and same time Conor looked shocked he didn't finish him. Nate's a tough fucker and after he landed a couple good shots his confidence was right back up and Conor was gassed, so it was bad news for McGregor.

Cardio is everything. You can be the best fighter in the world, Anthony Johnson style, but if you can't go 5 rounds you can be beaten by inferior opponents if they weather the storm.

Cardio plays a big part in any physical sport. Especially pugilistic but, Connor can't beat Nate on a regular bases. Nate is just to long, to accurate and to strong.

Lol. McGregor vs Mayweather? is like a six shooter against a Tommy Gun.

Basically this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbLIbw1Q1Bc

Floyd runs around him for a round or two, Conor gets tired and gets finished or at least humiliated. Conor is,a very good striker ( mostly his kicks), but is nowhere near the level of Floyd in boxing. Nobody in boxing is really close in skills to Floyd , let alone that Conor would be....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Floyd runs around him for a round or two, Conor gets tired and gets finished or at least humiliated. Conor is,a very good striker ( mostly his kicks), but is nowhere near the level of Floyd in boxing. Nobody in boxing is really close in skills to Floyd , let alone that Conor would be....

Floyd, even at his advanced age, would TKO or KO Conor in the first round off of boxing IQ alone. Anybody who thinks Floyd boxes Conor with anything other than contempt for Conor's boxing skills is fooling himself. This "fight" would not be a tactical chess match with Floyd pot shotting behind the Philly Shell, it will be a straight up blitzkrieg of combos with McGregor on the canvas before the two minute mark. It'll be like watching Mayweather/Gatti, except Conor doesn't make it past the first round.

Floyd, even at his advanced age, would TKO or KO Conor in the first round off of boxing IQ alone. Anybody who thinks Floyd boxes Conor with anything other than contempt for Conor's boxing skills is fooling himself. This "fight" would not be a tactical chess match with Floyd pot shotting behind the Philly Shell, it will be a straight up blitzkrieg of combos with McGregor on the canvas before the two minute mark. It'll be like watching Mayweather/Gatti, except Conor doesn't make it past the first round.

This, plus if a few shots from Nate made Conor's whole aura vanish a few shots from Mayweather will break whatever will-power he would come in with. It would be a quick 1 minute fight, maybe less.

• 4 years later...