2016-17 NFL Discussion

its a look into the future. if the texans dont shatter you inseason the broncos will in the postseason. sorry for your LUCK....

Interesting prediction.. did you predict Broncos ending their winning streak last season against Indy too? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

true fans pick their team every game.

Nope, I'm a die hard Saints fan and even I know they don't stand a chance. I hate the Packers but they will mow over everyone in their path this season with Eddie Lacy (Roll Tide) proving his worth this season giving them a proper running game which will allow Rodgers to pick apart defenses at will......They'll face either the Card's or the Panthers for the NFC Championship. I hope one of them can stop the Packers, but......I don't see it.

As far as the AFC goes....I can careless.

Bradford to Minny for a first and a fourth. Total rapeage for the iggles. As a fan of the Beloved, I like minny giving up a first for a oft-injured mediocre qb.

1st and a 4th next year hahaha i'm so happy. I was really hoping we'd get a 1st round for him but figured it'd be at the end of the season. I know we were offered a 1st round by 3 different teams when we first acquired him but we didn't take it because we were trying to get up high enough to get Mariotta if we made that trade.

He struggled early but over his last 7 or 8 games he averaged 68% completion & 280 ypg w/ like 10 or 11 TD's and 7 INT's over a 7 or 8 game span. Those certainly are not tier 1 QB numbers but also not total shit. I was really hoping after we made the trade for Wentz we'd recoup that 1st rounder for next years draft and they did. Awesome job

1st and a 4th next year hahaha i'm so happy. I was really hoping we'd get a 1st round for him but figured it'd be at the end of the season. I know we were offered a 1st round by 3 different teams when we first acquired him but we didn't take it because we were trying to get up high enough to get Mariotta if we made that trade.

He struggled early but over his last 7 or 8 games he averaged 68% completion & 280 ypg w/ like 10 or 11 TD's and 7 INT's over a 7 or 8 game span. Those certainly are not tier 1 QB numbers but also not total shit. I was really hoping after we made the trade for Wentz we'd recoup that 1st rounder for next years draft and they did. Awesome job

Wentz is a bust. Goff is a bust. The Eagles are in the dumpster. lol..

I'd say more like than not you're right CK but I'd rather take that risk & fail then try to sell us on Vick, Foles, Kolb. At some point you have to gamble on a guy.

Our defense is going to be solid but we were gonna blow this year either way. Our o-line is bad & our skill position players are worse. We would've managed 6 wins bc we play in the NFC East. But hey at least we're back in the 1st round next year. & that 4th round can become a 3rd or 2nd depending on incentives lolol.
#RebuildMode

I'd say more like than not you're right CK but I'd rather take that risk & fail then try to sell us on Vick, Foles, Kolb. At some point you have to gamble on a guy.

Our defense is going to be solid but we were gonna blow this year either way. Our o-line is bad & our skill position players are worse. We would've managed 6 wins bc we play in the NFC East. But hey at least we're back in the 1st round next year. & that 4th round can become a 3rd or 2nd depending on incentives lolol.
#RebuildMode

Glad Tampa is past that. We just need some depth and some safeties, and we should be a playoff contender. Probably wouldn't hurt to add one more quality CB either.

Eagles got a steal for Bradford. Surprised Vikings gave up so much for an career IR guy.

My predictions for the 2016-17 season................

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals

Seattle Seahawks - Wildcard

San Francisco 49ers

Los Angeles Rams

NFC North

Green Bay Packers

Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings

Detroit Lions

NFC South

Carolina Panthers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Wildcard

Atlanta Falcons

New Orleans Saints

NFC East

New York Giants

Washington Redskins

Philadelphia Eagles

Dallas Cowboys

AFC West

Oakland Raiders

Kansas City Chiefs - Wildcard

Denver Broncos

San Diego Chargers

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers

Cincinnati Bengals -Wildcard

Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

AFC East

New England Patriots

New York Jets

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

Cam was getting fucking destroyed. Haven't seen what he said about it afterwards (if anything) but if I was him I would have laughed in the face of player safety. Call out Roger. Roger's mother. Roger's mother's dog.

Wonder if some of those hits didn't get called because of what he said about the refs last season. Maybe. Maybe not. Only Roger's mother's dog knows the truth.

Damn that roughing the passer play tho... The first angle I saw it just looked like a normal hit, didn't think it was late even. I even laughed at him on the ground thinking he was flopping and playing it up. Then they showed the second angle, late hit or not... Obvious leading with the helmet with a helmet to helmet on the QB to boot. Surprised that wasn't a concussion protocol event. That's gonna be a fine. Cam recovered nice though, you can blame that loss on your kicker.

Wentz is a bust. Goff is a bust. The Eagles are in the dumpster. lol..

So I'm somewhat optimistic on Carson Wentz. From everything I hear the physical tools and ability to make the throws is there. But more importantly it seems like the mental side of the game is there. I constantly hear how he is picking up the offense really quickly and is making all right calls and setting his protections and such. I know that he was a great student and he seems to have the desire to delve into the playbook and try to get better. Trent Dilfer was on ESPN today and was quoted as saying

"Carson Wentz has a very unique and special mind. The more you're around that kid the more you realize that he has the ability to process information in a way that a lot of other people aren't capable of processing" which sorta goes hand in hand w/ everything I'm hearing from the local media as well.

With that being said....the difference in speed of the game from 1AA or whatever it's called now to the NFL is going to be a massive jump. In addition to that, unlike some of the rookies of the recent past like Winston and Mariotta and them....they all took 1st team reps and stayed healthy and played in the pre-season which Carson did none of that because the Bradford trade kinda just fell in our lap. So my expectations from week 1 to about week 8 are not very high. He's going to struggle mightily.

However I'm somewhat optimistic on the future of this team (certainly not going anywhere this year though).

• The reason is because we spent a lot of the off-season locking up our core players long-term. The strength of this team is absolutely going to be our front 4 on defense. Fletcher Cox made his 1st pro-bowl last year as a DE in a 3-4 defense which was not his natural position. I also thought that Bennie Logan looked like a pretty solid nose tackle for us in that defense which also is not his natural position (NT). Having BOTH of those guys on the inside now is going to be a big problem for a lot of teams imo. The local media is fairly high on Vinny Curry and Brandon Graham in this system because both guys are really more get after the QB type players so it's believed they will thrive in a Jim Schwartz system. I'm skeptical and will play the wait and see game on that but in the pre-season our front 4 had no issues getting pressure w/o the blitz.
  • The next best thing on this team is our safeties. Malcolm Jenkins is just an absolute stud for this team (from his wiki: For his 2015 season, Jenkins was rated as the best strong safety in the NFL by Pro Football Focus). Then we went and added Rodney Mcleod from the Rams in the off-season (from his wiki: In 2015 he had his best season to date being ranked 9th in coverage and 4th in tackling amongst all safeties in the NFL by Pro Football Focus.) Both of those guys have the ability to cover and be effective in blitzes/stopping the run and really seem to compliment each other well.
  • We lack a shut down corner but it almost seems like we have about 5 guys who could be interchangeable as a #2 DB so it's still a position of depth for us despite the fact we may not have an ELITE corner. Dunno that I'd go as far as to say this is a position of strength but especially w/ a good front 4 and good safety play it shouldn't be a glaring hole for us either.
  • Our linebackers is an area of slight concern for me. I'm fairly comfortable w/ our starting LB group. Jordan Hicks as a rookie last year looked like a stud (5 starts; 50 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF, 2 INT and a TD) also broke Romo's collarbone and looked phenomenal when he was the starter. The scouting report on him coming out was he doesn't run the fastest 40 time but he's SO good at recognizing routes that he's able to stick to the hip of backs and TE's in coverage because he just reads plays so well. I definitely saw that in him when he played last year. But he also has a history of injury problems and I saw that in him last year too. Conor Barwin has the one OLB is solid and Kendricks as the other is solid (but another guy who never stays healthy). Depth wise we are in big trouble at this position if anybody goes down.
  • Offensively we're pretty awful at the skill position players. Our TE's are decent, I actually like all 3 of our TE's in Celek, Ertz and Trey Burton. Jordan Matthews isn't garbage (85 catches for 997 yds and 8 TD last year) and I actually really like him as our slot receiver which is where we use him mostly. But our other WR are complete garbage. RB's I don't really know what to expect but it isn't very much.
  • Our offensive-line seems to be playing better but we'll see if it lasts. Jason Kelce is a two time pro-bowl center and is considered among the best in the league but he had a terrible year last year. Hoping he bounces back. Lane Johnson is a pretty good RT but is suspended 10 games. Hope he's legit but who knows what he'll be off the juice. I like the new guard we brought in from the Texans Brandon Brooks. He seems like a really solid player. Jason Peters is aging and needs replaced and our other guard could use an upgrade too.

Okay so we need a RB, we need a #1 WR, a #1 corner, and then just depth at o-line and LB. Not that #1 DB's or WR grow on trees but we're back to having a buncha draft picks again, in addition to that we just traded away Bradfords contract to clear some cap space. I think his base salary was 7 mil for this year and 13 mil for next year that should come off the books pretty sure. If Carson Wentz can be Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco or someone in that tier 2 status where they probably rank somewhere between the #8 to #12 best QB in the league we'll be a pretty competitive team over the next 4 years or so. Because here are all the guys we've re-signed recently....

DEFENSIVE LINE

DT Fletcher Cox (25 yo) - 6/13/2016: Signed a seven-year, $110.79 million contract. The deal includes $63 million guaranteed.

DE Vinny Curry (28 yo) - 2/2/2016: Signed a five-year, $47.25 million contract.

DE Brandon Graham (28 yo) - 3/9/2015: Signed a four-year, $26 million contract. The deal contains $14 million guaranteed

DT Bennie Logan (26 yo) - is gonna need a new deal

LINEBACKERS

MLB Jordan Hicks (24 yo) - 3/9/2015: Signed a four-year, $26 million contract. The deal contains $14 million guaranteed

OLB Connor Barwin (29 yo) - 3/14/2013: Signed a six-year, $36 million contract. The deal contains $8 million guaranteed,

OLB Mychal Kendricks (25 yo) - 8/24/2015: Signed a five-year, $29.896 million contract. The deal contains $16.4 million guaranteed

DEFENSIVE BACKS

CB Terrence Brooks (25 yo) - 5/30/2014: Signed a four-year, $2.906 million contract. The deal included a $606,376 signing bonus

CB Leodis McKelvin (31 yo) - 3/8/2016: Signed a two-year, $6.2 million contract. The deal contains $3 million guaranteed,

CB Ron Brooks (27 yo) - 3/9/2016: Signed a three-year, $6 million contract. The deal contains $1.55 million guaranteed,

CB Nolan Carrol (29 yo) - 3/15/2016: Signed a one-year, $2.36 million contract.

CB Jalen Mills (22 yo) - 5/4/2016: Signed a four-year, $2.58 million contract. The deal includes a $76,856 signing bonus.

SS Malcolm Jenkins (28 yo) -

2/22/2016: Signed a five-year, $40.5 million contract. The deal contains $21 million guaranteed

FS Rodney McLeod (26 yo) - 3/9/2016: Signed a five-year, $37 million contract. The deal includes $17 million guaranteed.

OFFENSIVE LINE

C Jason Kelce (28 yo) - 2/27/2014: Signed a seven-year, $40.11 million contract. The deal contains $13 million guaranteed,

LG Brandon Brooks (27 yo) - 3/9/2016: Signed a five-year, $40 million contract. The deal contains $21 million guaranteed

RT Lane Johnson (26 yo) - 1/29/2016: Signed a six-year, $66,112,242 contract. The deal contains $35.5 million guaranteed.

C Isaac Seumalo (22 yo) - 5/4/2016: Signed a four-year, $3.2 million contract. The deal included a $763,864 signing bonus. Team really seems to like him, he's played some G for us too

WIDE RECEIVER / TIGHT END

WR Jordan Matthews (24 yo) - 5/27/2014: Signed a four-year, $4.949 million contract. The deal included a $1,919,468 signing bonus.

WR Dorial Green-Beckham (23 yo) - 6/1/2015: Signed a four-year contract. The deal included a $2.335 million signing bonus.

TE Brent Celek (31 yo) - 1/26/2016: Signed a four-year, $18 million contract. The deal contains $6 million guaranteed.

TE Zach Ertz (25 yo) - 1/25/2016: Signed a six-year, $43.64 million contract. The deal contains $20 million guaranteed.

TE Trey Burton (24 yo) - 5/10/2014: Signed a three-year, $1.538 million contract.

Anyway as you can see our team is young and locked up long-term. I think the defense jumps to being a top 10 defense or very close to it this season and I think we're set up to succeed long term w/ all the extensions we gave to our good players and recouping almost all the draft picks we gave up to get Wentz. I'm even somewhat optimistic on Wentz...maybe not being an elite QB but a guy who w/ talent around him can get the job done. My BIGGEST fear is Howie Roseman and company seem to screw it up in the draft all the time.

Our first round pick last year Agholor is a bust so far. Our 2nd round pick last year we already traded away to NE for a 4th round pick. Our 1st round pick two years ago Marcus Smith is a rotational player and special teams guy at best. We supposedly brought in a guy from the Ravens to help us do better in our scouting department and improve on our drafting ability. So while this team isn't in an awful position and could potentially turn it around quickly if Wentz isn't total bust I I can't say I have a lot of faith we won't screw up these next few drafts.

2/22/2016: Signed a five-year, $40.5 million contract. The deal contains $21 million guaranteed

NFC EAST

New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys

Washington Redskins

Philadelphia Eagles

NFC NORTH

Greenbay Packers

Minnesota Vikings - wild card

Chicago Bears

Detroit Lions

NFC SOUTH

Carolina Panthers

Atlanta Falcons

Tampa Bay Bucs

New Orleans Saints

NFC WEST

Arizona Cardinals

Seattle Seahawks - wild card

LA Rams

San Francisco

AFC EAST

New England Pats

New York Jets - wild card

Miami Dolphins

Buffalo Bills

AFC NORTH

Pittsburgh Steelers

Cincinatti Bengals - wild card

Baltimore Ravens

Cleveland Browns

AFC SOUTH

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jags

Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans

AFC WEST

Denver Broncos

Oakland Raiders

KC Chiefs

San Diego Chargers

Every time somebody picks the Falcons I laugh. Maybe I missed something in the off-season. Maybe I missed a coaching change. Who knows. Guess we'll see this year and week 1. I think we have ATL's number.

As for Wentz being a bust...

injuries. I don't think the guy's body is gonna last long. I could be wrong. I definitely would of taken him over Goff personally, thought for sure Rams would take him. But I just don't think his body is gonna hold up. Got broken ribs in his very first taste of NFL action vs Bucs. So once again, we'll see.