Let's end the paranoia once and for all

listerman

Also I know it's not like Aaron was smart about this at all since he gave a creation tourny fighter redonk flexibility and a good chin popped to granite but to me, nerfing an opponent's IQ seems like the easiest way to get caught.

IQ doesn't change(tho tests a little different each time) and it's also the only hidden that can be found out and through many sources. All it would take for a previous IQ test and then another test and they would be found out. If we want to go that route tho, everyone who has had an IQ test for a fighter who has faced Wolf/Aaron can send that IQ to Mike and he can see if it's changed. Otherwise it's just too random because of the RNG to really be an accurate guide.

• Upvote 1

Mike and the team are going to take a look at the backups when they can figure out how to access them (he mentioned it causing a crash) and make this whole topic unnecessary. That being said, I do reject the argument that Perry has no power and the use of that mistaken idea as argument that no editing of fighters other than wolf or Aaron's took place.

This thread is a textbook case of confirmation bias. "Post your guys and I will come up with something that proves no edit". The whole idea makes little sense because there are so many variables that are impossible to infer from doing a very brief investigation of a fighters profile page. No one will know until mike figures out how to access the backup. We'd be better off waiting until that happens rather than the vague guesswork we've seen so far.

Maybe a better route to take would have been comparing mutual opponents between a guy we can be pretty sure has elite power in jermaine wright and Perry. Perry TKO/cuts Swanson in less head strikes then wright and ko'ed bell with a few more total strikes to the head then wright. (The first Perry/Labak fight was with an injured Perry, the second one was post wright. So that opponent doesn't help with comparison). So in that limited sample it's a big stretch to just dismiss Percy's power because it's evident that it's at least in the same ballpark as wright.

The end result right now is that we don't know. I'd really like to know, so I'll wait for mike to tell us.

• Upvote 3

just check the hiddens. You don't go from losing 5 fights in 5 months to losing every fight you fight just by luck. I've played this game for 6 years. I know what's suppose to happen in these fights. This is silly. Take a look at the best managers of all time. They've all been tied to me. Jacky Chan. The best of all time. We were basically in a 2 man alliance and we each dominated the game with everyone against us. Lance Templeton. He was a top 30 gate keeper. He came to me for advice. I wrote out a long ass thing explaining the ground sliders. Immediately he went on a huge ass run. If he denied it he would be lying. Literally, the best manager of all time runs through me. Long story cut short, I know when things are off. It's a very simple fix to the situation. Check the intelligence hidden. You can check experience too. Check them all. If they have been tampered with then they would all be off I would assume. Only fear of the truth would have anyone arguing against it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

just check the hiddens. You don't go from losing 5 fights in 5 months to losing every fight you fight just by luck. I've played this game for 6 years. I know what's suppose to happen in these fights. This is silly. Take a look at the best managers of all time. They've all been tied to me. Jacky Chan. The best of all time. We were basically in a 2 man alliance and we each dominated the game with everyone against us. Lance Templeton. He was a top 30 gate keeper. He came to me for advice. I wrote out a long ass thing explaining the ground sliders. Immediately he went on a huge ass run. If he denied it he would be lying. Literally, the best manager of all time runs through me. Long story cut short, I know when things are off. It's a very simple fix to the situation. Check the intelligence hidden. You can check experience too. Check them all. If they have been tampered with then they would all be off I would assume. Only fear of the truth would have anyone arguing against it.

Avon, LT, myself, Luke, Deamus ???

You taught Jacky how to duck fights and avoid legitimate competition? Btw, LT dominated with stand up fighters. He never really had ground guys. 100% control/counter to force the overly frequent ref standups was pretty common knowledge for a looong time. I don't think your "ground advice" made him a top guy. Maybe you gave him other advice, idk, but claiming your ground advice is what pushed him to the top is absurd when he didn't have a ground fighter. I think he's had one successful semi-ground-ish guy ever that I can think of and that's Kurt Wagner.

Face it, you and Jacky succeeded in the 100% counter era. You've only succeeded when you're able to use a cookie-cutter slider setting. Predict sliders can nerf it to some degree or another. Anyway, not denying your roster was tampered with, just pointing out the major flaws in your case here.

• Upvote 3

This thread is a textbook case of confirmation bias. "Post your guys and I will come up with something that proves no edit". The whole idea makes little sense because there are so many variables that are impossible to infer from doing a very brief investigation of a fighters profile page. No one will know until mike figures out how to access the backup. We'd be better off waiting until that happens rather than the vague guesswork we've seen so far.

This is an accurate statement.

I think it's safe to say that Aaron dilly dally'd with a whole lot more than he'd ever admit and more than anything a game creator can admit. Let bygones be bygones. It'd be nice to know the truth, but fuck it, we really don't need it and let's be real here and honest with ourselves, anybody with any common sense can pretty much assume the most likely scenario and realize that the probability of the truth is so high and likely, that it might as well be a known fact.

1. Opponents were occasionally nerfed.
  2. Vendetta was boosted.
  3. Ryan is a sub-par manager at best.
  4. Gwad was the only good Vendetta manager before Mr. Hacker got there, and Aaron probably didn't boost him because he didn't vote him in.

Vendetta will never wash the taint off their name. They're the new LOD, but lower in all aspects. LOD is more honorable and admirable because they didn't have to hack the game (inadvertently or not) to succeed. An all-time tycoon virtual scumbag low has been set.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/BGJXJ/you-have-been-weighed-you-have-been-measured-and-you-have-absolutely-been-found-wanting/image.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On the issue of confirmation bias:

Everyone has a bias, pointing that out means nothing. Allow me to demonstrate how one goes about trying to prove anything in a logical manner.

1. Start with a hypothesis
  2. Try to disprove that hypothesis

My hypothesis was that the fighter had NOT been tampered with. My next task was to disprove that by looking for evidence that he HAD been tampered with. At this point I'm hoping people are still with me, I will preempt some questions I know I will receive below.

In JLP's case, based on what I saw, there is no evidence that he had been tampered with.

Issues I know people will raise:

Yes I am aware that there are many many variables that are unknown, the only thing I was looking for was if the record post Wolf could be explained without fighter tampering.

Yes I am aware the results are wholly unsatisfying. The results are, in my opinion, conclusive for what I was trying to prove, that it could be explained without fighter tampering entering the picture. But it does not prove, and I never claimed that it did prove, that hiddens were never changed.

Why did I not do it the other way and assume he HAD been tampered with and try to find evidence that he hadn't? Because that is a logical fallacy.

I sincerely hope Mike looks at as many fighters as he can as quickly as possible and posts what he finds but before I suggested making this thread I saw no evidence to suggest he was actually going to do that. In my heart of hearts, I thought a thread in which the community can openly air their accusations and where evidence is actually provided by the plaintiff, would be better than people insinuating that the game is irrevocably compromised based on no evidence.

• Upvote 3

Gap Turners last 5 fights before being nerfed was against opponents records of:

10-3

12-3

10-3

12-3

13-2

All of those ^^^ fighters were managed by top 50 managers as well. You don't beat a list of fighters like that if your fighter has bad hiddens.

After the final fight with Uniconor and calling out wolf then all the sudden my fighter is terrible. Put it to rest. Check the hiddens. I'm not playing the game anymore so no harm no foul. Check the hiddens. Air them out. Retire him to the bahamas. As the title of the thread goes. Put it to rest. Let's end the paranoia

I'll make sure the hiddens on that guy are tested... but I don't get it. The guy loses 3 fights in a row, in CEC, against clearly better fighters, and you blame it on a drop of intelligence?

Only fighters I've seen that could "potentially" have been tampered with are from you and JLP. For JLP, I understand, it's impossible that a manager of his caliber go 4-2 after facing wolf (even though he beat wolf) and that he stops KOing fighters in the third round... decision wins clearly indicates a drop of power, it's just impossible that opponents were solid, I mean we're talking about JLP here.

But don't worry, I'll have those 2 fighters checked. I get it, it's suspicious, especially the fact that it seemed to have happened right around the time they started playing around their own numbers.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of hiddens, Gap Turner didn't get rocked or cut even once in his three losses, just decision losses. He didn't score KO as well but I don't see him getting many KOs in the past. If I was about to weaken an enemy fighter, those would be the first hiddens I would aim to decrease. I think he just went against stronger opponents.

JLP I didn't think Perry had KO Power tbh when we fought in ITFL. I assumed you'd go ctr/dmg & look for counter td's against Kha since I had no ground and ppl assumed his chin was suspect. I went low agg + like 67 acc against you & I didn't fear a ko loss whatsoever. You landed 34 head shots, a combo & a head kick and didn't even so much as cut me.

He's never shown anything on ToTT to indicate power. Clearly his power isn't totally non existant but finishes at 205+ sometimes just come from gassing. I'd bet you have a really tough time getting finishes at 185 in the elites outside of clinch rape & ground tko's

My Fighter Joao Do Santo Cristo was never the same after fighting Wolf's Cilian Lynch.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=240613

His record prior to Lynch was 7-2 and now stands at 10-12.

This fighter should probably be checked too, that is a pretty big difference. Most likely its a step up in competition and just not being able to hit takedowns at the right time though. Striking skills are not too good in general so without tds its hard to get wins with him.

I'm not sure what exactly they could have changed. His power never looked too good to begin with. Heart doesn't look like a problem, not like you are getting ko'd but possibly. That leaves IQ and confidence.

How were your confidence drops after the losses before and after? Any difference that you can recall?

I didn't realize we fought after you & wolf though JLP. But still, Perry never popped anything on ToTT to indicate power. Hasn't shown 1 single message about "Perry could well score a KO today he has the power to get to so & so's chin." The only guy you beat before ITFL that still seems a respectable fighter is Gerry Kelly who is in lhw @ syn and a guy couldn't finish.

My guy Vaas Haas has a decent finish rate like Perry but also like Perry they seem to only come against junky opponents. I threw 65 dmg in this fight

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=819573

Granted there is ground fighting that delays the KO. But it took until rd 4 & 20 of 20 head shots to stop a guy w/ 0 striking on high dmg. Oh & it took a head kick to rock him. So for me to try to sit here & say he's got some legit pop would only be fooling myself. Perry & Haas look comparable to me tbh. Not pillow fisted but you probably ain't finishing anyone without serious flaws

OK, I have checked out all the fighter IDs that I've been given and they're all the same. I checked back to a database from Feburary and March and the only thing that's changed is the experience value.

Anyone that really doesn't believe me, I can send you a screenshot of the database.... but then I could fake that if you really, really didn't believe me anyway :P So yeah, trust me or not, but nobody has been changed.

• Upvote 18

Not a script, just press the "VS" icon on the fighter page.

Sometimes I feel like a n00b.....Oh wait, cuz I am and always will be me thinks :yes:

What's the difference between Total Record and Adjusted Record?

Thanks.