All Hail Ricky Rocker

gwad12345

So he is not an all time great unless he drops to 155 for the first time to face off with the guy he just finished in the first round?

oh no he is. I was just typing that while sitting in a traffic jam so my thoughts were miswritten. He's a hallf of famer for sure, but come on beating one of the best right now in 2 weight classes would bring one more achievement to his HOF profile :)

So he is not an all time great unless he drops to 155 for the first time to face off with the guy he just finished in the first round?

I'm sure Shiftas just meant to say that he already is one of the best the game has ever seen, but that going down to 155lbs to fight Cabrera in a direct rematch cements his legacy even more.

PS: did I already say that Ricky Rocker is a beast? Holy shit, he is!

I'm sure Shiftas just meant to say that he already is one of the best the game has ever seen, but that going down to 155lbs to fight Cabrera in a direct rematch cements his legacy even more.

PS: did I already say that Ricky Rocker is a beast? Holy shit, he is!

thank you, that's what I meant to say :D

• Upvote 1

Great job with him! Dumbest thing I have done playing this game was cutting him. I never dreamed he would turn out that good. Or maybe my sliders just sucked. Either way I am glad he has worked out for you.

I think a lot of us kind of write off decision maker type fighters but at the end of the day they outlast most other types of fighters that are more powerhouses or submission artists as long as they have a chin or the heart to not be stopped by the final bell.

I don't think any of us blame you because he was not a spectacular finisher, maybe that's just not your style.

But damn is he ever good into his old age!

• Upvote 3

I think a lot of us kind of write off decision maker type fighters but at the end of the day they outlast most other types of fighters that are more powerhouses or submission artists as long as they have a chin or the heart to not be stopped by the final bell.

I don't think any of us blame you because he was not a spectacular finisher, maybe that's just not your style.

But damn is he ever good into his old age!

You are exactly right!

• 3 weeks later...

Submission wins are hard to come by at the top level and doing 2 in a row is impressive. He is one of the top 6-7 in my opinion already and one of my favorite fighters in the past 2 years. That said, i see no point in retiring him now, he should keep it going until he loses.

His current streak is impressive.

He's been on the verge of retiring and de-popping forever honestly. Pablo just wouldn't retire him w/ the title and when Wein finally beat him I thought he was done at that point because he sat in FA for a few weeks but Whymer was down for a re-match so he signed on for 1 fight & then won...and then Dale obviously offered him Helix and a rematch...so Syn has been convincing him to stick around for many months now.

Initially the fight against Wein was gonna be at 185 for Wein's belt because it made the most sense to let Rocker go for two titles, but I convinced him it was best for Syn to do it at 170 because he had been talking retirement and I didn't want to have to strip two champions potentially so his retirement has been coming. Congrats to Pablo on another huge win and thanks for your loyalty and always being so easy to work with

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/17/17w21.jpg

Thanks guys! It's been a wonderful journey as I've had many different and fantastic challenges during my career. As hard as it is to say I feel it's time to finally declare I've fought my last fight. I'm leaving the game at the top with a happy face and I will be spending my time at the Bahamas following all you guys going after your dreams. Good luck in your journeys and remember to have fun!

Best wishes,

Ricky

• Upvote 10