Mayweather Vs McGregor

Caleb613

I remember somebody saying he's been scammed for 100's of millions of dollars throughout his career. Not sure if that's accurate or not.

http://media.mlive.com/mayweather_impact/photo/leonard-ellerbe-02jpg-c6b0b295042b1f4f_medium.jpg

U DAM RIGHT!!!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/1499573934AZXsKgW.png

• 1 month later...

It's like taking the best Squash, Badminton, or Table Tennis player in the world, sticking him on Center Court at Wimbledon, and feeding him to Federer.

Straight sets, every damn time.

:yes:

Similar sports, different racquets, different rules.

My question is, would anyone be arguing for that Squash player, or Badminton player, to have any chance to beat Federer, like people are McGregor against Mayweather? I think not.

And the same could likely be said if you reversed roles, and put Federer against prime Lin Dan on a Badminton court. He'd lose. The same as if you stuck Floyd in an Octagon, he'd be like a fish out of water.

For Conor to now be a 3/1 (after opening at 10/1 in some books) dog is insane and gives credit purely to the marketing the UFC are using for the fight. If Conor himself believed he had any chance of winning this fight he would of drafted in someone like Freddie Roach for his entire camp, and he wouldn't still be using Artem Lobov as his lead sparring partner. Why didn't he? Most likely because he knows he isn't going to win so why throw away part of his purse paying for the team when he can keep the money.

McGregor is going to crush mayweather hands down!!

everyone that says conor has no shot there soooooooooo wrong . one good punch and it can be over when it comes to a KO fighter like conor . i'll be with family and friends smoking ribs all day watching the fight its going to be a great day!!!

btw this whole its like a baseball player trying to play a nfl player or this and that.. everyone is soooooo wrong lol... conor was a boxer growing up ,conor trains boxing when training for a ufc fight... conor is at his best when standing and boxing with people in the cage ..... conor has power so for everyone saying there is no way he can win is just wrong plane wrong!!

oh and myweather is 40 sooner or later age will catch up to you and your skills!! oh and in the UFC conor has to worrie about if the guy will throw a kick or try and take him down.. in this fight all he needs to worrie about is mayweathers hands nothing else so conor will be better at stand up better then even he is in the ufc..

McGregor is going to crush mayweather hands down!!

everyone that says conor has no shot there soooooooooo wrong . one good punch and it can be over when it comes to a KO fighter like conor . i'll be with family and friends smoking ribs all day watching the fight its going to be a great day!!!

btw this whole its like a baseball player trying to play a nfl player or this and that.. everyone is soooooo wrong lol... conor was a boxer growing up ,conor trains boxing when training for a ufc fight... conor is at his best when standing and boxing with people in the cage ..... conor has power so for everyone saying there is no way he can win is just wrong plane wrong!!

oh and myweather is 40 sooner or later age will catch up to you and your skills!! oh and in the UFC conor has to worrie about if the guy will throw a kick or try and take him down.. in this fight all he needs to worrie about is mayweathers hands nothing else so conor will be better at stand up better then even he is in the ufc..

That all sounds good but i see a few flaws

"conor was a boxer growing up" - Conor has very little amateur and no pro boxing matches

"conor trains boxing when training for a ufc fight" - so he trains in boxing part time

one good punch and it can be over when it comes to a KO fighter like conor - Well thats good how many guys has he knocked out in boxing?

conor has good boxing for MMA -different timing different distance different stance different angles different footwork different gloves
conor has power so for everyone saying there is no way he can win is just wrong plane wrong!! -- Floyd has fought a lot of boxer who have power who know how to box

http://i.imgur.com/FngHNgH.png

http://i.imgur.com/aj02pWc.png

HA! Nice!

Whatever happens this is ALREADY a FUCKING FREAK SHOW!...and that's what people are excited about.

The slightest chance that Conor wins is awesome (And I hope he DOES have that chance). If he wins, he becomes some kind of giant in the sporting world...who the hell else would be like him!?

• Upvote 1

http://i.imgur.com/FngHNgH.png

http://i.imgur.com/aj02pWc.png

HA! Nice!

Whatever happens this is ALREADY a FUCKING FREAK SHOW!...and that's what people are excited about.

The slightest chance that Conor wins is awesome (And I hope he DOES have that chance). If he wins, he becomes some kind of giant in the sporting world...who the hell else would be like him!?

true if he wins he will be in a league of his own

I'm just glad it will be over by this time tomorrow.

Same!

I'm much more interested in the Bucs 3rd preseason game vs the Browns than this circus. but I'll likely watch the fight too.

Mayweather should destroy Conor in the ring, but it's a fight. A fight is a fight. It's almost a 50/50 thing. Either one of them can punch the other in the face at any given point and finish it off. That's the beauty of hand-to-hand combat. Offensively McGregor can be a super effective boxer. Defensively he's likely to get exploited badly.

I wouldn't be that surprised if Conor gets in there and knocks Floyd out. I hope that's what happens haha but I think it's unlikely and Floyd is probably gonna knock McGregor out with a lightning fast combo to the button after he drops him with a counter punch.

Tbh if McGregor gets tagged he should pull a Scott Smith and pretend he's hurt and wobbled and prepare to pivot and throw a really hard straight left.

• Upvote 1

My prediction is a lot of them staring at each other. Lots of lunging goofy looking haymakers from mcgregor that hit nothing. McGregor will also try and clinch up too and dirtybox. The fight will look fairly competitive for the first 4-5 rounds as mayweather gets his range and waits for mcgregor to get tired. The last half of the fight will be mayweather piecing him up. I dont see a KO, but I can see the ref stepping in the last 3 rounds.

McGregor was badly outboxed by Diaz, I cant see him doing much here at all other than a flukey punch.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1