Training Changes

I wouldn't mind seeing coaching fees increased as well as gym fees increased.

I would. Training would become too good on average. You are right though about fighters needing somewhere to go with their money. All I can see now is backwards sponsorship where fighters buy crazy amounts of supplements or clothing to help companies.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the rationale behind the changes to energy lost during training. I'm fine with helping out new fighters with bad conditioning but why punish the people who were patient and worked their way up to 150ish conditioning? It's perfectly realistic for a well-trained fighter to train twice a day, six times a week. If anything, actual fighters train a bit more than that.

Create a corporation of 2 gyms, with 50 members in every gym.

Half week, the entire gyms switch members. That way you have ultra low classes, and the 2 gyms can afford, let s say 5 elite double elite coaches.

Now do that with 4 gyms, and 25 members per gym, 100 total.......

The kind of elite training you could get would be insane. Although hard to control if people would really switch.

I don't get it.

You'd have 4 gyms with the income of 100 members (so probably able to afford 12 elites) but you'd only have 25 members in each gym at any given time.

That is, ~2 fighters/coach. Thus, "insane elite training". It would require a lot of coordination though.

I;m about 99% sure that just about all the top gyms have used this exploit at one time or another--and others to just keep themselves afloat when times got rough. Obviously though it was a loophole and needed to be fixed at some point so completely understand the change is for the good of the game.

As far as a larger manager cut, I am thrilled it is at least a possible consideration. I think if you're a lower level manager 10% sounds about right, but if you're a top flight manager--well realistically you should recieve a bigger cut since you have a proven track record of creating superstars.

I wouldn't mind seeing coaching fees increased as well as gym fees increased. That way fighters with absurd amounts of money would have something to spend it on, and getting that top notch training would be more difficult to obtain--so when someone actually has an elite trainer it really is a big deal.

Except that it will create 2 classes of fighters. Fighters who had elite training and later fighters that couldn't get it. So the earlier fighters will just continue to dominate the game for the next 3-4 years (real time) until they hit their 30s and start to decrease in ability.

Of course, that may already happen with the new sparring system. The fighters that dominate for the next number of years might all be the same faces you see today. It just depends on how much the sparring has been cut... although, from my observations from today's sparring sessions in which 8 of my fighters sparred and zero moved even one inch - it appears to be a very steep cut.

It just all depends on whether new fighters have a chance in the game or if they'll be too disadvantaged to compete.

Except that it will create 2 classes of fighters. Fighters who had elite training and later fighters that couldn't get it. So the earlier fighters will just continue to dominate the game for the next 3-4 years (real time) until they hit their 30s and start to decrease in ability.

Of course, that may already happen with the new sparring system. The fighters that dominate for the next number of years might all be the same faces you see today. It just depends on how much the sparring has been cut... although, from my observations from today's sparring sessions in which 8 of my fighters sparred and zero moved even one inch - it appears to be a very steep cut.

It just all depends on whether new fighters have a chance in the game or if they'll be too disadvantaged to compete.

Im reserving judgement but I hope its steep after say 6 sessions and not cut after 2 or something. Im going to test it a bit for a while if sparring is nerfed too harshly all this is done is stop everyone seeing pops. Ive stopped sparring with some fighters this week now so I can see what affect it will have in a week or so.

The post about the four gyms is ingenius. I wont be doing it because its too much effort, but its yet another way to give your fighters a huge advantage in training, just like sparring. Im sure it would work well if you could find 25 fighters whos managers you could trust (and were rich).

Have not received any messages from fighters but I do believe the results or lack of results to be drastic compared to before. Much more than I expected.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this?

Anyone who's been training only one type of sparring for the last week will see a big drop off.

The 4 gyms thing is doable but if that becomes a problem we'll have to deal with it - I hope that people will not feel the need to do that though. Anyway, we're been discussing everything in chat for the last 4 hours - we'll get to a state where people are happy about it, I hope.

Anyone who's been training only one type of sparring for the last week will see a big drop off.

The 4 gyms thing is doable but if that becomes a problem we'll have to deal with it - I hope that people will not feel the need to do that though. Anyway, we're been discussing everything in chat for the last 4 hours - we'll get to a state where people are happy about it, I hope.

Sparring a particular discipline will see a reduced return over time, but do sparring partners see a diminished output? Can a wonderful sparring partner help different people without a reduction of his effectiveness?

Since your trying to make everything more realistic are people going to be able to attempt 100 takedowns in a fight still...

in chat he stated he was working on this and energy issues in the fight engine but it takes a lot longer to complete and has to be tested a lot to make sure no issues with it -- so it will get done just no time frame when

Sparring a particular discipline will see a reduced return over time, but do sparring partners see a diminished output? Can a wonderful sparring partner help different people without a reduction of his effectiveness?

i would like to know this also -- seems like if moral was lost that his training output would have a loss also but not sure

in chat he stated he was working on this and energy issues in the fight engine but it takes a lot longer to complete and has to be tested a lot to make sure no issues with it -- so it will get done just no time frame when

How about a time frame in regards to your Av? Old Av(s)=Full of Win, New Av=thirsty for milk/slightly disgusted :mf_popcorn1:

i would like to know this also -- seems like if moral was lost that his training output would have a loss also but not sure

As you say, realistically his usefulness as a training partner would be reduced. It is NOT at the moment because this would be a pretty complicated programming change considering there are potentially lots of training partners in a sparring session, but it may happen one day.

As you say, realistically his usefulness as a training partner would be reduced. It is NOT at the moment because this would be a pretty complicated programming change considering there are potentially lots of training partners in a sparring session, but it may happen one day.

Can you tell us if there's a reset day for the system's consideration of sparring session? For example, can I spar Boxing like new on Monday if I was training Boxing all last week? Or does overtraining one area dig you into a hole that you have to wait out? And would I be in generally ok shape if I limit my sparring one discipline to three or four times a week?

There is no reset day. The system does take into account Sunday as a rest day away from sparring though, the same as if you took a Tuesday off sparring for example.

Ok, got it. Thanks for the reply. I also just noticed that a retired fighter's location and base are changed to the Bahamas. That's a nice touch :)

I'm guilty of having my richer fighters paying double at the gym every week.

This was/is my justification: 1) Fees are way too low 2) My manager cut is too low too, without me they would have nothing :)

Not complaining about the change though.

I would have to agree with backelie on #2, any chance we could look at maybe a 20%-25% cut rate, there is more to do at the moment with manager money than fighter money. Especially with the addiction to gambling going on=)

Maybe. I'll have a think about it.

How about a sliding scale where the cut % affects the fighters morale?