UFC 223 Ferguson vs Nurmagomedov Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

... Conor went the route he did to avoid violating his MMA UFC contract ...

but that wouldn't have prevented him from boxing... and it still won't. He might violate some clauses or terms in his UFC MMA contract, but he could still box professionally and there's nothing the UFC could actually do to prevent it. But he still would be violating his MMA contract to do so, but I'm not sure how their lawsuit or legal procedure would work in that type of situation.

still, absolutely nothing truly preventing him from professional boxing. Which is why he has mentioned numerous times he might stick with boxing. Dana and company have no say in that. They can just go after him over their MMA contract but it won't prevent professional boxing fights. Idk how the legal battle would play out but I don't think they'd win.

idk if you were trolling him or just reiterating your point over and over to avoid admitting you were wrong about his UFC contract preventing him from ever taking boxing matches without their permission.

I imagine it would go something like this...

Conor books a fight.

UFC sues for breach of contract...

Conor's legal team enacts the Ali Act and pretty sure the UFC's 'exclusive rights to promote' contractual obligations would get overruled in federal court.

and Conor would burn the bridge with the UFC but would be boxing professionally.

Conor McGregor vs Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov

Rose "Thug" Namajunas vs Conor McGregor

Renato Moicano vs Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor vs Kyle "Crash" Bochniak

Conor McGregor vs "Chris "Gritz" Gruetzmacher

FS1 Prelims

Conor McGregor vs Felice "Lil Bulldog" Herrig

Bec "Rowdy" Rawlings vs Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor vs Olivier "The Quebec Kid" Aubin-Mercier

Conor McGregor vs Michael Rodriquez

wasting my time, I started recording the picks, get out of here with your McNugget in every fight picks, Karter.

... Conor went the route he did to avoid violating his MMA UFC contract ...

but that wouldn't have prevented him from boxing... and it still won't. He might violate some clauses or terms in his UFC MMA contract, but he could still box professionally and there's nothing the UFC could actually do to prevent it. But he still would be violating his MMA contract to do so, but I'm not sure how their lawsuit or legal procedure would work in that type of situation.

still, absolutely nothing truly preventing him from professional boxing. Which is why he has mentioned numerous times he might stick with boxing. Dana and company have no say in that. They can just go after him over their MMA contract but it won't prevent professional boxing fights. Idk how the legal battle would play out but I don't think they'd win.

idk if you were trolling him or just reiterating your point over and over to avoid admitting you were wrong about his UFC contract preventing him from ever taking boxing matches without their permission.

I imagine it would go something like this...

Conor books a fight.

UFC sues for breach of contract...

Conor's legal team enacts the Ali Act and pretty sure the UFC's 'exclusive rights to promote' contractual obligations would get overruled in federal court.

and Conor would burn the bridge with the UFC but would be boxing professionally.

Conor McGregor vs Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov

Rose "Thug" Namajunas vs Conor McGregor

Renato Moicano vs Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor vs Kyle "Crash" Bochniak

Conor McGregor vs "Chris "Gritz" Gruetzmacher

FS1 Prelims

Conor McGregor vs Felice "Lil Bulldog" Herrig

Bec "Rowdy" Rawlings vs Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor vs Olivier "The Quebec Kid" Aubin-Mercier

Conor McGregor vs Michael Rodriquez

make another thread where you and the other idiot can agree with each other and nuthug mcgregor in. I dont know if you are trolling or not, agreeing with a blubbering fool who got his information from a sherdog forum post quoting a mma blogger. If you want to get legal analysis from a guy who cant spell or write a coherent sentence that read a wiki page on the ali act but cant comprehend it, go right ahead.

I'll state it one last time, maybe you can understand it this time:

Fact: McGregor has a UFC contract that forbids him from boxing without UFC permission for the life of that contract.

Fact: McGregor sought and received permission to fight Mayweather in return to allowing the UFC to co-promote. (co-promote is the key word as it keeps the UFC from being regulated under the ali act)

Fact: The Ali act only governs the primary promoter, as I informed retard last night:

It is worth noting, however, that a pre-condition of the Ali Act applying to a promoter is that promoter must be “the person primarily responsible for organizing, promoting, and producing a professional boxing match.” To the extent that Mayweather is the “primary” promoter and the UFC is a lesser co-promoter they may have found a loophole to let them get what they want.

So the UFC is not a boxing promoter under the Ali act. So the Ali act can not be used to void the UFC contract that forbids a fighter from boxing. McGregor can box when his UFC contract expires, I have no clue when that is, or when the UFC grants permission.

make another thread where you and the other idiot can agree with each other and nuthug mcgregor in. I dont know if you are trolling or not, agreeing with a blubbering fool who got his information from a sherdog forum post quoting a mma blogger. If you want to get legal analysis from a guy who cant spell or write a coherent sentence that read a wiki page on the ali act but cant comprehend it, go right ahead.

I'll state it one last time, maybe you can understand it this time:

Fact: McGregor has a UFC contract that forbids him from boxing without UFC permission for the life of that contract.

Fact: McGregor sought and received permission to fight Mayweather in return to allowing the UFC to co-promote. (co-promote is the key word as it keeps the UFC from being regulated under the ali act)

Fact: The Ali act only governs the primary promoter, as I informed retard last night:

It is worth noting, however, that a pre-condition of the Ali Act applying to a promoter is that promoter must be “the person primarily responsible for organizing, promoting, and producing a professional boxing match.” To the extent that Mayweather is the “primary” promoter and the UFC is a lesser co-promoter they may have found a loophole to let them get what they want.

So the UFC is not a boxing promoter under the Ali act. So the Ali act can not be used to void the UFC contract that forbids a fighter from boxing. McGregor can box when his UFC contract expires, I have no clue when that is, or when the UFC grants permission.

I hardly read anything you two said to each other and I didn't click on a single link either of you provided. Your originally statement, iirc without clicking back, was something like "Conor can't box without the UFC's permission"

that's false. and you were wrong.

I hardly read anything you two said to each other and I didn't click on a single link either of you provided. Your originally statement, iirc without clicking back, was something like "Conor can't box without the UFC's permission"

that's false. and you were wrong.

I know, real shit goes right over your head. You cant read anything that might blow up your bubble of ignorance.

JLP you should walk away from your keyboard, put away the french fries, put your nicotine addiction on hold, and go jog a bit. maybe a healthy diet can sort you out.

you seem stressed.

Uh-oh. CK feels dumb again when he cant come up with any thing to refute facts. Goes to the "makes shit up" well.

I'm doing pretty great here guy. Thanks for being concerned.

I know, real shit goes right over your head. You cant read anything that might blow up your bubble of ignorance.

Uh-oh. CK feels dumb again when he cant come up with any thing to refute facts. Goes to the "makes shit up" well.

I'm doing pretty great here guy. Thanks for being concerned.

"Conor can't box without the UFC's permission"

right or wrong?

I'm not saying Conor wouldn't end up in a legal battle with the UFC over his MMA contract... but at the end of the process it wouldn't prevent him from fighting as a professional boxer. that would make your statement... Right or Wrong ?

Right. Until the contract is up, he needs permission from the UFC to box professionally.

Unless you are going full retard and talking boxing in a gym or something like that.

According to the UFC contract, yeah, that's the terminology... and it opens him up to legal battles...

but at the end of the process that wouldn't prevent him from actually boxing professionally in a pro sanctioned bout.

I'm just gonna leave it at that and we can agree to disagree cuz no point in going back and forth lol. that's all the dialogue me and you needed for this discussion.

Apparently based on what s written in this website it s not possible for any UFC fighter to fight in any other competition boxing or MMA while under contract. So if we are basing our assumptions on what s written on some websites here s one.

"the typical UFC contract contains the following language:

3.5 During the Term, ZUFFA shall have the exclusive right to promote all of Fighter's bouts and Fighter shall not participate in or render his services as a professional fighter or in any other capacity to any other mixed martial art, martial art, boxing, professional wrestling, or any other fighting competition or exhibition, except as otherwise expressly permitted by this Agreement."

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/13/11669764/conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-without-ufc-permission

According to the UFC contract, yeah, that's the terminology... and it opens him up to legal battles...

but at the end of the process that wouldn't prevent him from actually boxing professionally in a pro sanctioned bout.

I'm just gonna leave it at that and we can agree to disagree cuz no point in going back and forth lol. that's all the dialogue me and you needed for this discussion.

cool. agree to disagree. It's probably the most boring argument we've had anyway.

At least you've abandoned the ali act argument. Now its drifting in to McGregor can do what he wants and deal with the consequences later. Which is true. I dont know how much boxing sanctioning bodies would respect the mma contract and whatever suspension he gets from NYSAC. I think it might hold a lot more weight then you probably do.

It is funny how you guys are debating Conor's contract as if you have it in front of you or something.

I do

cool. agree to disagree. It's probably the most boring argument we've had anyway.

At least you've abandoned the ali act argument. Now its drifting in to McGregor can do what he wants and deal with the consequences later. Which is true. I dont know how much boxing sanctioning bodies would respect the mma contract and whatever suspension he gets from NYSAC. I think it might hold a lot more weight then you probably do.

The Ali act is 100% the reason "McGregor can do what he wants and deal with the consequences later"

When McGregor received an ID # from the government identifying him as a professional boxer, he became protected by the Ali Act... which means the UFC contract terms are illegal by federal law...

it's quite simple really. I believe Nick and Nate Diaz did the same shit long before he did. I bet you can find a ton of fighters and experts that discussed this before the Mayweather fight.

Jesus, all that was discussed before. Only an idiot would think that the UFC would grant permission for McGregor to fight in a way that would void their contract in any way. Multiple teams of lawyers worked on the deal, but a guy who cuts grass knows better.

Im sure your going to post all the UFC fighters who used your simple method to void their contracts and take boxing fights right now to prove me wrong.

What?

Jesus, all that was discussed before. Only an idiot would think that the UFC would grant permission for McGregor to fight in a way that would void their contract in any way. Multiple teams of lawyers worked on the deal, but a guy who cuts grass knows better.

Im sure your going to post all the UFC fighters who used your simple method to void their contracts and take boxing fights right now to prove me wrong.

What?

none of them would of made nearly enough money boxing to make that worth it and it would railroad their future with the UFC. They are MMA fighters not boxers for a reason. Like it or not, McGregor is different and can go that route and make more money than he makes with the UFC.

btw UFC will most likely be thanking McGregor after his shenanigans, I expect this PPV did a lot better than it was originally going to do before his antics.

• Downvote 1

It just doesn't matter what's in his contract. I don't need it in front of me. The ACTUAL fact of the matter, if we ignore that fucking idiot for a minute, is that FEDERAL LAW gives Conor the RIGHT to fight in a professional boxing bout regardless of his mma contract. Would the UFC be happy? Nope. Would they sue him? Yup. Would they get some money? Yup. Would conor be able to box without the UFC's permission? Yes.

• Downvote 4