Game speed / fighter ageing

MMATycoon

i like the idea of ko's shortening a career. i also think injuries should shorten a career. then ticking that "never gets injured" box when creating a fighter might be a little more tempting to click.

How about injuries start to add up, so that each time he is injured the next injury will be for longer. This will cause people to cut fighters that are getting injured for 45 days+ unless they are really special.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally believe the speed should bump up a lot. I think a fighters career should only last about a year without any decline and after a real life year the fighter should start decling. Then around a year and a half he should retire.

I personally believe the speed should bump up a lot. I think a fighters career should only last about a year without any decline and after a real life year the fighter should start decling. Then around a year and a half he should retire.

LOL :yeahright:

Just a question. If aging is going faster, young fighters get less time to catch up with the older fighters. Shouldn't we also start to think about closing the gap of point distribution for fighters of different age? Maybe just let every fighter start at 18 or something?

What I really want to see, and think would make everybody happy is when a fighter retires and ends his career (as long as you didn't release him into free agency) when he retires he go on some sort of Alumni list that we can access and view from our manager profile for everybody to see. Have his overall record, day he started his career (day he was created) and the day he retired or whatever next to their name (click on the name and it's a link to the fighters profile).

And if we ever make it where we can hire fighters as coaches we could use the alumni page to select and try to hire them from.

I like this idea.

I don't see myself, or 95% of the people who play this game, to continue to play this for 4 years. This game is great,fun, and unique, but it's pace is way to slow. I'm having a blast playing it the way it is right now, but due to it's slow pace, i will probably move on to something with more instant gratification. I would loooove this game if it progessed faster, like if one week of training, was one real life day. So you could actually log on every day and be productive, instead the way it is right now where it seems like the Manager who logs on the least, is probably the one with the strongest fighters. If the pace was faster, this game would turn out like a Browser WOW. Honestly.

I don't see myself, or 95% of the people who play this game, to continue to play this for 4 years. This game is great,fun, and unique, but it's pace is way to slow. I'm having a blast playing it the way it is right now, but due to it's slow pace, i will probably move on to something with more instant gratification. I would loooove this game if it progessed faster, like if one week of training, was one real life day. So you could actually log on every day and be productive, instead the way it is right now where it seems like the Manager who logs on the least, is probably the one with the strongest fighters. If the pace was faster, this game would turn out like a Browser WOW. Honestly.

a.d.d. lol

i like the pace, but i'm married with kids and actually have shit to do. if u want instant gratification...buy an xbox.

a.d.d. lol

i like the pace, but i'm married with kids and actually have shit to do. if u want instant gratification...buy an xbox.

A year maybe a year and 3-4 months for 1 fighters career is realistic and reasonable though, you can't deny that. That would allow us to some more history and create new fighters and actually.. well like I said, make history. I don't know, I know I won't always be able to have as much time as I do now. 8 years for two generations of fighters is like waitin 4 years for each new release of Madden.

There are plenty of other browser games that are very slowpaced and still people play them for years. For example, Hattrick has been around for over 10 years and it's still going strong.

You can create and train a fighter for 6 months and he can be pretty badass. I would think after that having him fight/train and hold titles for a year should be long enough before he retires to the Bahamas with his stupid personal jet. I love the game but the current time frame is too high, IMO Fighters do not need to be around for 2-4 years IMO. Not that I can not see myself playing for that long but I'd rather do it many times over. Anytime new masses of people come it will also be good to have a new playing field. Stop cutting training and this would be the best option I believe. 18 months is my vote.

You can create and train a fighter for 6 months and he can be pretty badass. I would think after that having him fight/train and hold titles for a year should be long enough before he retires to the Bahamas with his stupid personal jet. I love the game but the current time frame is too high, IMO Fighters do not need to be around for 2-4 years IMO. Not that I can not see myself playing for that long but I'd rather do it many times over. Anytime new masses of people come it will also be good to have a new playing field. Stop cutting training and this would be the best option I believe. 18 months is my vote.

Yeah, at this rate nobody will ever have a fighter elite at any stat unless he's already close to being there from "sparring abuse" or they consistantly play this game and update their training schedules every day for the next couple years. Which I think is very unfair to ask of anybody except maybe the creator of the game.

This won't ever happen but sparring effects back to the way of old (eventually, and with this new "fighter complaining" thing) and a shortened "career" by increasing the game speed and fighter aging. Unless you're just planning on new players (or the people who are high ranked and active at the time) to take over fighters when they are like 20-4 or 30 fights deep and stuff, then I could see why you would make it a long time frame, that way you wouldn't have to enlarge the data base to much and you'd rather recycle fighters, then retire fighters.

I don't understand why some people want to get their fighters into elite status as soon as possible. In my opinion it's much more enjoyable to play with fighters who are nowhere near elite and have actual weaknesses. Those super powerful demigod fighters are just so boring because they are perfect in every way and don't even need to use any tactics.

There are plenty of other browser games that are very slowpaced and still people play them for years. For example, Hattrick has been around for over 10 years and it's still going strong.

And it wasn't rare to see 40-50k people online in Hattrick. It took me 4 real time years just to get to the top division there. :)

Current pace of Tycoon may be slow, but imho that keeps power hungry and "instant gratification" people outside of the game. Else it would be a fast-paced race of exploits and some witty power-leveling schemes, rinse and repeat.

And it wasn't rare to see 40-50k people online in Hattrick. It took me 4 real time years just to get to the top division there. :)

Current pace of Tycoon may be slow, but imho that keeps power hungry and "instant gratification" people outside of the game. Else it would be a fast-paced race of exploits and some witty power-leveling schemes, rinse and repeat.

Year in a half really aint instant gratification... Year of hard work, half year of "demigod" ish fighters aint bad.

Off Topic Post:

Hattrick is the only online game ever to ask for intrusive details. Don't you think that instantly makes them suspicious?

After some asking around, i came to the conclusion that completing challenge 15 will see your mailboxes filled with spam forever.

Giving away your details online is like suicide... :suicide_anim:

Yeah, at this rate nobody will ever have a fighter elite at any stat unless he's already close to being there from "sparring abuse" or they consistantly play this game and update their training schedules every day for the next couple years. Which I think is very unfair to ask of anybody except maybe the creator of the game.

This won't ever happen but sparring effects back to the way of old (eventually, and with this new "fighter complaining" thing) and a shortened "career" by increasing the game speed and fighter aging. Unless you're just planning on new players (or the people who are high ranked and active at the time) to take over fighters when they are like 20-4 or 30 fights deep and stuff, then I could see why you would make it a long time frame, that way you wouldn't have to enlarge the data base to much and you'd rather recycle fighters, then retire fighters.

i'm still surprised people would pay money for this game and NOT do that already. that's how i been doing it the whole time. i don't update my training sched daily and there's no need to but i do logon everyday and flip my supps when needed. to me, part of the fun of the game is actually getting on here and doin shit. idk, maybe i'm just different.

i'm still surprised people would pay money for this game and NOT do that already. that's how i been doing it the whole time. i don't update my training sched daily and there's no need to but i do logon everyday and flip my supps when needed. to me, part of the fun of the game is actually getting on here and doin shit. idk, maybe i'm just different.

Yeah I don't know I can care less either way I'll play til I stop playin and that's that. The time frame don't have nothin to do with that either. I guess maybe longer careers might make some people stay around forever and continue playing. We'll see.

if the fighters get older faster then the really good fighters that got the benefit of sparring etc will have to retire sooner. that is the only way new people will ever catch up. makes total sense to me.

Yeah I don't know I can care less either way I'll play til I stop playin and that's that. The time frame don't have nothin to do with that either. I guess maybe longer careers might make some people stay around forever and continue playing. We'll see.

i really have no problem with cycling thru fighters. i don't know if it would be that cool if it was too fast tho. just in case you created a guy that's a total beast (not that i have yet or ever will most likely, lol) and you want to be able to ride it out for awhile with him. yeah, i'll continue to play until they just get rid of the game...which would completely suck.

One of the biggest problems in this game is that fighters lack the pressure of time. They're given too much time and will all accomplish their goals and then some. This will create lack of dynamicness within the game. Top fighters will stay top fighters for a long time.

The current pace is 16 weeks = 1 fake year. I feel the fighters prime fighting years are somewhere between 28-34 years old depending on learning speed of course. So it will take an 18 year old 192 real weeks before entering his prime at 28. 192 weeks is way too long. 192 x 12 training slots = 2304 training slots = Fictional Superheroes. That's even if they reach 28 years old because their manager could've gotten bored at this point and already have quit the game (192 weeks = 4 real years). No disrespect but I don't see myself playing this game for that long.

My proposition is to insert fear into the managers. Add a ticking clock to their fighters lives. Let them know that if all they want to do is train and build their fighters into walking gods, they'll never get a chance to fight because father time has just passed them by.

I say increase the pace to 3 real weeks = 1 fake year. I know it seems drastic but hear me out and check out timeline.

This is how I would build my fighter.

18 Year Old Rookie with a base 10 cardio and 1 strength. Let's name him Bob.

With the old training where you can spam

1 year: Cardio

1 year: Strength

2 years (Time can vary): Fill-in Holes

He's 22 years old now and has a solid base to start competing at a high level. He could've even started earliar if I wished, but I'm going to act like those crazy power hungry managers that populate the MMA Tycoon world.

He has 12 years before his prime at 34 years old. 12 fake fighter years = 36 weeks = 18 fights (assuming fighters fight every 2 weeks)

18 fights later and Bob is starting to decline. I believe he should be able to fight 4-6 more years before hanging it up or he can just retire, but 4-6 more years = 6-9 more fights.

Bob is now 40 and has 27 fights under his belt and isn't anything more than just a gate keeper.

A fighter can easily fight every week if they wish to so total fights can vary.

Complementary Changes:

-So this timeline can work but the main problem is the community is going to reject it because they won't be able to make their Elite/Elite/Elite/Elite fighter. Which they shouldn't be able to in the first place. I'll make the mediocre rating feel mediocre instead of what it feels now which feels like crap. Being mediocre means being total crap in this current time.

-Lower the 1st Degree Black Belt level to Exceptional (120). 2nd Degree to Sensational (130). 3rd Degree to Elite (140). Red Belt to (150++). Getting a Black Belt to the community is a big thing and realistically it shouldn't be that hard seeing some fighters like Wanderlei, Rolando Delgado, and Filipe Nover etc. have them.

-Make it a little easier to get to Mediocre rating then put it to what it normally is afterwards.

-Make fast learners learn faster.

-Exponetially increase the hype values.

What the Crop Will Produce

-At the end of the day it will create dynamicness

-New P4P Fighters every 2-3 months

-Fighters won't get too rich

-Fighting Organizations won't get too rich using the same fighters for a decade before they rot and die.

-It will end the journeys of the god figher

-Casual players can create 22 year olds and compete for a couple months and then quit. Their fighters will age realistically

-Hardcore players won't be able to abuse their headstart on new players since fighters age and deline quicker.

First Post:

Ive been playing for a little while. And i love your idea. Lets do that.... But youre right, noone wants to spend their time playing a game if ALL their fighters cant become godlike... Its a shame, because i think youre idea would make the game WAY easier to get into. Itd also make it funner for long term play. A 10 month (real world time) career would be perfect, long enough to grow with your fighters, but short enough to keep dynamicity. 99% percent of the current managers wont even be playing this game several years down the road. But a large percentage of them could easily end up playing for 10 months or so.

First Post:

Ive been playing for a little while. And i love your idea. Lets do that.... But youre right, noone wants to spend their time playing a game if ALL their fighters cant become godlike... Its a shame, because i think youre idea would make the game WAY easier to get into. Itd also make it funner for long term play. A 10 month (real world time) career would be perfect, long enough to grow with your fighters, but short enough to keep dynamicity. 99% percent of the current managers wont even be playing this game several years down the road. But a large percentage of them could easily end up playing for 10 months or so.

See, this is all subjective, yet you post as if what you are saying are facts and truths. I pretty much disagree with everything you've posted, but I recognize that my idea of what makes for a fun and interesting game is clearly different from yours. Neither of us is right, but the task that Mike has is trying to balance the game so that it can and will appeal to as wide a group as possible. Your hyperbolic, ramped up game would be largely uninteresting to me, and I expect my slower, drawn out approach would would bore you to death. I think so far Mike has done an admirable job of trying to maintain a balance that will be acceptable to both types of players and I expect he will continue to work on that.

See, this is all subjective, yet you post as if what you are saying are facts and truths. I pretty much disagree with everything you've posted, but I recognize that my idea of what makes for a fun and interesting game is clearly different from yours. Neither of us is right, but the task that Mike has is trying to balance the game so that it can and will appeal to as wide a group as possible. Your hyperbolic, ramped up game would be largely uninteresting to me, and I expect my slower, drawn out approach would would bore you to death. I think so far Mike has done an admirable job of trying to maintain a balance that will be acceptable to both types of players and I expect he will continue to work on that.

First of all, one of my fighters trains at your gym =)

Second of all, I cant say that exactly 99% of current players will quit within the next four years. But youre crazy if you think that the majority of the current players will still be around. (Im not factually claiming that youre crazy, its just a figure of speech) I wouldnt call 10-12 month careers "Hyperbolic and ramped up" But then again, like you said, we just have different taste, neither is right or wrong. I will play this game regardless of what he decides to do with it. And i will stop when i stop. Wether its after ive retired 20 different fighters or before i retire 1, Ill have fun with it. I was just trying to say that itd be easier to get into, and itd offer more variety in a lot of different aspects if the game progressed(<---looks like i spelled that wrong) faster. But its just an opinion, not necissarily a fact.

First of all, one of my fighters trains at your gym =)

Second of all, I cant say that exactly 99% of current players will quit within the next four years. But youre crazy if you think that the majority of the current players will still be around. (Im not factually claiming that youre crazy, its just a figure of speech) I wouldnt call 10-12 month careers "Hyperbolic and ramped up" But then again, like you said, we just have different taste, neither is right or wrong. I will play this game regardless of what he decides to do with it. And i will stop when i stop. Wether its after ive retired 20 different fighters or before i retire 1, Ill have fun with it. I was just trying to say that itd be easier to get into, and itd offer more variety in a lot of different aspects if the game progressed(<---looks like i spelled that wrong) faster. But its just an opinion, not necissarily a fact.

First, great to have you aboard! Slowly I will put Cozad Montreal out of business! :smile_anim:

Second, no, I don't think the majority of current players will still be around in four years. But that isn't the only way to disagree with your statement. :) I don't think 99% of the current players will still be playing a month from now. And I think that's true regardless of what the game is like. That's largely the nature of online games. 10 to 20 percent are going to fall away every month even if the game is wildly popular.

Personally I'm fine with developing ways that improve the enjoyment of the game for people like yourself who would like a quicker experience; I just don't want it to come at the expense of people like myself who prefer a slower, longer experience. I think slowly moving the game speed down is fine, as long as it doesn't go to far. Personally I like 13 weeks = 1 year, as that results in a nice 1 real world year = 4 game years. The 3 weeks = 1 year proposal means I'm likely gone. Along with that, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to once again allow the creation of older fighters, say 23-27. That way those who want to jump right in and start fighting can do so and will be able to manage a fighter through some of those prime years even if they just play the game 10 months as has been suggested. Mike has said that the reason the original creation ages was changed from a max of 25 was because the older fighters had too much of an advantage in the QFCs, but if a system of tiered QFCs could be created to ensure more equal matchups that might mean older starting fighters could once again be created. Personally I don't do QFCs, but from seeing people complain about long-term project fighters showing up in them now, I think the QFC system is likely needing some fixing even without the addition of 23 - 27 starting fighters.