Promoting the game

senjinone

I realy want this game to grow again.

hold noobs hands and coddle them. new user guides. assistance. help by any means.

just gotta help the new blood find a reason to stick around. usually starts with getting them in motion and simplifying things for them. on the outside looking in for the first time, it could seem like there's a lot to do. in reality, pretty simple. make fighters, buy supps, set training... which leads to accept/get fights, and setting sliders - which is by far the steepest learning curve of the game.

VIP is super cheap. Definitely affordable for most but still optional. That's a big plus.

• Upvote 3

VIP is vital. There is very little to do and I basically had no engagement with the game until I got VIP. The extra fighter slots, ability to run businesses, and tycoon assistant are easily worth it.

The 14 day VIP trial upon joining is nice, but to be honest I was still figuring out the very basics during this time and the magnitude of the benefits of VIP were lost on me.

I think a 30 day VIP trial would be a step in the right direction toward hooking more people on the game.

• Upvote 4

hold noobs hands and coddle them. new user guides. assistance. help by any means.

just gotta help the new blood find a reason to stick around. usually starts with getting them in motion and simplifying things for them. on the outside looking in for the first time, it could seem like there's a lot to do. in reality, pretty simple. make fighters, buy supps, set training... which leads to accept/get fights, and setting sliders - which is by far the steepest learning curve of the game.

VIP is super cheap. Definitely affordable for most but still optional. That's a big plus.

This is where this game is failing terribly. It's basically broken and some of the fixes are so simple and obvious that I can come to no other conclusion other than it's being left to die.

Some people are happy working as little as possible with residual income of 30k coming in and perhaps fixing bathrooms here and there under the table.

Not everyone has the drive nor the ambition to go as far as they could during their lifetime.

Take a look at LinkedIn , plenty of “entrepreneurs “ that are simply broke living in their moms basement but they live in this fantasy world they have made for themselves.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The biggest issue with this game is that people keep whining that Mike doesn't add anything to the game. Adding more to the game adds complexity. Adding complexity to an already complex game drives new players away.

You can vote all you want, this game has a learning curve bigger than Steel Penn's wallet.

I do agree that Mike's involvement with the game is non-existent, but complaining that the game doesn't get any updates will not help. The sad reality is that this game is based on reading. The new player tutorial actually has a lot of information, but the information is text, and it throws you to the wiki, where you have to read a lot to learn the basics. I learned the majority of what I know about the game from the wiki. Everything you need to know is in there. Then there's the forums (new players won't even reach the forums, the new generation of manager don't know what a forum is) where there's a lot of important info.

Mike started this game 10 years + ago, and the idea of the game was great. Slow paced game. Takes months and even years to train a single fighter to reach max potential. 10 years ago, that was awesome. We're in 2019 now. Web browser games are not as popular (are they even a thing anymore?). What could save this game would be changing the way it works, like speeding things up for example. I heard a lot of former managers say stuff like "I wanted to come back to the game, but thinking that it will take about a year to have a decent fighter on my roster, not worth it."

If Mike is still interested in his own creation, he will have to pivot from his idea from 10+ years ago and make a big change.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

The biggest issue with this game is that people keep whining that Mike doesn't add anything to the game. Adding more to the game adds complexity. Adding complexity to an already complex game drives new players away.

You can vote all you want, this game has a learning curve bigger than Steel Penn's wallet.

I do agree that Mike's involvement with the game is non-existent, but complaining that the game doesn't get any updates will not help. The sad reality is that this game is based on reading. The new player tutorial actually has a lot of information, but the information is text, and it throws you to the wiki, where you have to read a lot to learn the basics. I learned the majority of what I know about the game from the wiki. Everything you need to know is in there. Then there's the forums (new players won't even reach the forums, the new generation of manager don't know what a forum is) where there's a lot of important info.

Mike started this game 10 years + ago, and the idea of the game was great. Slow paced game. Takes months and even years to train a single fighter to reach max potential. 10 years ago, that was awesome. We're in 2019 now. Web browser games are not as popular (are they even a thing anymore?). What could save this game would be changing the way it works, like speeding things up for example. I heard a lot of former managers say stuff like "I wanted to come back to the game, but thinking that it will take about a year to have a decent fighter on my roster, not worth it."

If Mike is still interested in his own creation, he will have to pivot from his idea from 10+ years ago and make a big change.

the game engine is solid, not perfect but pretty good. people are clamoring for change and updates, then you ask them what needs changed and most of the time the majority list a bunch of stupid shit or can't agree on anything.

speeding up the pace of the game would of done wonders to this games popularity and user base. a very small demographic of people are interested in text-based browser games. he's lucky the graphics (fighter avatars i.e.) are appealing enough to pump "life" into a numerical based game.

This is where this game is failing terribly. It's basically broken and some of the fixes are so simple and obvious that I can come to no other conclusion other than it's being left to die.

escapes are about the only thing I think of that is inexcusably broken.

Some people are happy working as little as possible with residual income of 30k coming in and perhaps fixing bathrooms here and there under the table.

Not everyone has the drive nor the ambition to go as far as they could during their lifetime.

Take a look at LinkedIn , plenty of “entrepreneurs “ that are simply broke living in their moms basement but they live in this fantasy world they have made for themselves.

based on your consistency with hypocrisy, I have a feeling this is like a Miss Miracle moment... and you're sitting in mommy's house typing this.

• Upvote 1

haha you are such a baby Karter

I could spank your 6-5 dude weekly until you cried uncle but you are so at the bottom of the pile that its better just watching you be this bad.

By the way, his next fight is a fucking crime by the org owner. Bin Laden is a total scrub, Buffs fighter has 10x more Hype than your fighter. So sad to still see this shit happen daily in this beautiful game. Crooks. You wanna know what kills the game?

Crooks

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/1350078714TajalDin.png

You have basically turned into this guy granpa :) take a chill pill and smoke some more of that BC Kush

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

lol I'm sure you'll find a legit reason to decline that fight too, or another division to run away too. Maybe your LHW will decide he wants to be a LW and get on that mamado cocaine diet.

gotta wonder am I talking to Camara or Miss Miracle? Gotta figure out which one of you are typing today. I'll raise you one.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=320538

cherry pickin' Camara

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The slow paced game is not in the top tier of most successful concepts, but finding a small niche market like this and serving it has much better success rate than trying to hit the trend of the day.

Adding complexity should not be that much of an issue as long as it is not thrown at a new player all at once, just apply some basic game design theory and i think it would be fine. The "end-game" could probably even do with a little more complexity to keep the veteran players interested.

But sure some cleanup would be a good thing before starting to add new things. There is useless complexity that could easily be removed, like just changing the in-game text to reflect the fact that travel is not necessary, disable autoflights or even small changes in the fight engine as making it possible to ko with a body hit (something new players will expect is doable since it happens irl and has to learn it is not).

• Upvote 4

escapes are about the only thing I think of that is inexcusably broken.

Without wanting to sound rude, you're thinking like a veteran manager with a private gym, tons of money in the bank etc No noob gives a crap about escapes.

I'm talking about the fact that there are barely any public gyms in any of the cities and if there are, they will be $1000 per week which no new manager can afford. So all they are left with is the Cozad which will sap your morale quicker than most things. This is an easy fix at minimum. Make the Cozad pristine and brand new at least.

Then you have the problem of finding yourself a fight. You could go the QFC route which can takes freaking days (sometimes weeks) No noob is going to hang around that long with nothing happening. This is an easy fix. Pool all cities into one QFC. The game isn't big enough to support the old system.

If you do manage to get to this point somehow you then have the problem of finding yourself an org of which there aren't nearly enough. Also, there seems to be this thing at the moment where most fighters under 2500p4p aren't wanted. Maybe because there are more fighters than orgs? If you do manage to get a offer it'll be in a different location to your fighter and all throughout the game there are warnings of what a bad idea that is at the early stages because you can't afford air fair. Is is an easy fix. Either update the text to tell people that it's ok now or just get rid of flights altogether for now.

This game is no where near as big as it used to be and the old structure just doesn't work with how things are now. In a recent interaction with an established player he revealed how frustrated he was because all of the decent public gyms he has his fighters in keep closing and he can't find a place to train. This is because he chose to run a company and so can't have his own private gym. That is the state of the game at the moment. You can either choose to run a company and have a shitty experience with the fighting side of things or you can use your slot to have a private gym and train killers but that is it. This is an easy fix that would likely go a long way to fix many of the problems overall. Give people two slots for Pete's sake. The 2009 managers all have 2 slots so why not everyone else?

If you had two slots people could enjoy both sides of the game. Some people would gladly open public gyms for the noobs, or clothing/nutrition companies with cheap stuff for noobs. There would be more entry level orgs for for new fighters and old ID guys alike. And not ones that are matching 340k fighters against 280k fighters just because why not. The island, which is an absolute shower of crap at the moment, would also likely be revitalised by this.

• Upvote 5

Without wanting to sound rude, you're thinking like a veteran manager with a private gym, tons of money in the bank etc No noob gives a crap about escapes.

I'm talking about the fact that there are barely any public gyms in any of the cities and if there are, they will be $1000 per week which no new manager can afford. So all they are left with is the Cozad which will sap your morale quicker than most things. This is an easy fix at minimum. Make the Cozad pristine and brand new at least.

Then you have the problem of finding yourself a fight. You could go the QFC route which can takes freaking days (sometimes weeks) No noob is going to hang around that long with nothing happening. This is an easy fix. Pool all cities into one QFC. The game isn't big enough to support the old system.

If you do manage to get to this point somehow you then have the problem of finding yourself an org of which there aren't nearly enough. Also, there seems to be this thing at the moment where most fighters under 2500p4p aren't wanted. Maybe because there are more fighters than orgs? If you do manage to get a offer it'll be in a different location to your fighter and all throughout the game there are warnings of what a bad idea that is at the early stages because you can't afford air fair. Is is an easy fix. Either update the text to tell people that it's ok now or just get rid of flights altogether for now.

This game is no where near as big as it used to be and the old structure just doesn't work with how things are now. In a recent interaction with an established player he revealed how frustrated he was because all of the decent public gyms he has his fighters in keep closing and he can't find a place to train. This is because he chose to run a company and so can't have his own private gym. That is the state of the game at the moment. You can either choose to run a company and have a shitty experience with the fighting side of things or you can use your slot to have a private gym and train killers but that is it. This is an easy fix that would likely go a long way to fix many of the problems overall. Give people two slots for Pete's sake. The 2009 managers all have 2 slots so why not everyone else?

If you had two slots people could enjoy both sides of the game. Some people would gladly open public gyms for the noobs, or clothing/nutrition companies with cheap stuff for noobs. There would be more entry level orgs for for new fighters and old ID guys alike. And not ones that are matching 340k fighters against 280k fighters just because why not. The island, which is an absolute shower of crap at the moment, would also likely be revitalised by this.

As a relative noob still...BINGO. Ding Ding Ding. On all points. And then for the slightly advanced noob, if they stick around (me for instance)...you get to know who is and who isn't likely running things as a "multi" in some way, so then, there is the desire to potentially avoid doing business with those...but how in the hell do you do that with the lack of orgs as is! But that's an off-topic issue, and yes, ALL of the above is very, very accurate.

• Upvote 1

Wrong.

There's many things that can be done to help improve the game. But how many things are explicitly broken? The only thing that is broken is ESCAPES training. That auto-flight system is pretty bad but it's not broken. Training escapes is literally broken. It is the only skill in this game that doesn't train at the same rate as the other skills.

Why should a noob care about this? Training speed is bad enough but if they waste their time trying to train up escapes and it doesn't move the needle, they just wasted a lot of sessions on a useless, broken skill.

Everything else you listed isn't broken.

• Upvote 1

Wrong.

There's many things that can be done to help improve the game. But how many things are explicitly broken? The only thing that is broken is ESCAPES training. That auto-flight system is pretty bad but it's not broken. Training escapes is literally broken. It is the only skill in this game that doesn't train at the same rate as the other skills.

Why should a noob care about this? Training speed is bad enough but if they waste their time trying to train up escapes and it doesn't move the needle, they just wasted a lot of sessions on a useless, broken skill.

Started out both at useless. Both train either 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 and have trained 9 more sessions in escapes

Defensive Grap Superb, 10 (0)- Escapes Respectable, 7 (1)-

Ding ding ding...many noob players may not know me or know this but I once ran a nutrition company called bank of noobs which with self&friend investments I sold decent supplements for a cheap price as well as having a crowd funding laundry campaign.

I closed that down to open an island org since at that time I had a lot of free time but now I kinda regret it since I don't have as much free time anymore but a decent amount of free time.

If I cant clear my schedule soon I very well might have to close the island org which I hate to do as I made a commitment and want to keep it.

Should I have to close it, I will most likely re-open bank of noobs to help those who need it most :)

• Upvote 1

Started out both at useless. Both train either 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 and have trained 9 more sessions in escapes

Defensive Grap Superb, 10 (0)- Escapes Respectable, 7 (1)-

Training escapes literally hampers your fighters development. Doing it in an ID org is suicide. The only feasible option for escapes is to invest 110 points into them at creation.

I made a new fighter to test this a while back, 182 sessions to get escapes to wonderful(8)++. It wasn't always 1 on 1 training, but he was an 18 year old creation. If that's what I'm dealing with having elite level (it was actually a sensational bjj/sensational wrestling) coach, wtf is a noob in a public gym suppose to do...

broken. needs fixed. inexcusable. everything else is tolerable.

• Upvote 1

Wrong.

Sorry mate but I have to disagree.

I'd say that following the tutorial with the VIP trial, getting to the part about the QFC, signing your guy up for a fight and then nothing happening for weeks could be considered broken.

I'd say that following the advice of the tutorial about getting the hell out of cozad and into a public gym and finding there are no gyms at all could be considered broken.

Noobs don't care about escapes. To be honest, I don't even care about escapes.

• Upvote 1

Training escapes literally hampers your fighters development. Doing it in an ID org is suicide. The only feasible option for escapes is to invest 110 points into them at creation.

I made a new fighter to test this a while back, 182 sessions to get escapes to wonderful(8)++. It wasn't always 1 on 1 training, but he was an 18 year old creation. If that's what I'm dealing with having elite level (it was actually a sensational bjj/sensational wrestling) coach, wtf is a noob in a public gym suppose to do...

broken. needs fixed. inexcusable. everything else is tolerable.

fuck i didnt know this :(

Would it be easy enough to just add in a mid tier version of cozad, with better equipment/cleanliness at a higher cost?

And realistically new managers/fighters probably need to start with a bigger bank balance.

And for QFC fights, locations being turned off entirely?

Would it be easy enough to just add in a mid tier version of cozad, with better equipment/cleanliness at a higher cost?

And realistically new managers/fighters probably need to start with a bigger bank balance.

And for QFC fights, locations being turned off entirely?

Dude listen to this one:

At the beginning of this Island season we had some 300+ fighters left in the Island Cozad gym and no gyms open yet, or maybe there was 1 but it was insta full.

So I write to Mike to please remove all the fighters that got stuck from seasons past and to pls change the equipment and clean the Cozad gym just once so more players would roll Island fighters.

We had probably the slowest start of the season this year and as usual the challenges of no gyms, no nutri, etc.

Mike goes ahead and boots the older fighters but doesnt do anything else. So I write back to him to pls clean the gym and buy new equipment or at least some in between. He replies that no he wont do that because Cozad gyms are supposed to be shit so therefore he will not clean nor replace the equipment of Island Cozad. I mean the cozad gym would have gotten dirty and equipment started to deteriorate in a few weeks; it was just so we could get the Island going as not enough people were making fighters. It was to help MMA Tycoon. But no, he absolutely refused. Kinda like when he went on an avatar accepting strike recently.

I work with a guy callled Denis, the guy basically spends the day avoiding work and God forbid you proposed something to him; if it is not his idea he will fight it tooth and nail. Yup, he is one of those. We call him Drooling Denis and sometimes to get him to do something we have to fucking inception him for weeks so he convinces himself that it is his idea. Im not talking McDonalds here , Im talking this idiot works with complexe multi-million dollar budgets on projects that affect the company. He is just wired that way, I swear its frustrating sometimes but most of the time he is in deep shit because of his low values and work ethic.

Anyways all that to say that Mike reminds me a lot of Denis.

• Upvote 1