Exclusive Elite gyms with few members and low fees

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched 5 zombie movies this week but when it comes to things being brought back from the dead, this thread is king.

Which ones? and what did you think of them?

Yeah, I'm sorry that I spent time to earn enough money to afford that..

you should be allowed to open a gym but you shouldn't be able to limit it to just your fighters it should be open to the public and at least 30 to 40 fighters / same goes for other companies their own fighters can buy their own products .

no wonder all your fighters have freak stats

i know. what a weenie

the way there doing it is they have all there fighters join that gym every single week but only leave particular fighters there to train.

example:http://www.mmatycoon.com/gympublic.php?gmid=450

3 managers with 45 fighters have a gym with 19 fighters and 9 coaches. each manager joins and unjoins all his fighters every single week and only leaves the certain ones that he wants to train there all week to train. i guess the other fighters just pay out 600 bucks just for the hell of it. yea thats realistic lol. thats how this all works tho

i say fix it by simply charging fees per session instead of by lump some fee. that fixes all the problems. that way if a fighter joins then he must at least stay apart of the gym all week long to get the fees into the gyms account. so then these ppl that are doing this will have to make a decision, do i join the guy and just let him set there at no training so that he can fund this gym and still give everyone low ratios.

OR

you can train the guy and loose your low ratios. its up to you.

BUT THIS FIXES THE PROBLEM

basicly this makes the decision of how desparate are you for an advantage. are you willing to let your fighters just set and go to waste in order to aquire and advantage or would you just like to play the game on a level playing field like everyone else

Wah wah wah.. heres a thought.. get a VIP account.. open an organization, gym, clothing company, nutrition company, whatever... make the cash needed to open one of these gyms yourself and VOILA! you too can have great training...

oh wait.. you don't want to have to put the time and effort in ... you just want to spend the time crying about other people. "Its not fair! Its not fair!" is the rallying cry for uninspired idiots. I can't play in the NFL... who do I sue for my lack of talent?

I think the paying per training session might be a pretty good idea.

Do I say this because I'm jealous of certain managers or fighters?

No, I have some good fighters, and I'm running a private gym which some might consider exploitative. Despite this I think this might be a legitimately good idea that might even the playing field out a bit for newer players. Experienced/successful managers should have advantages, but that doesn't mean every advantage we manage to buy for ourselves is reasonable.

Ack, before you come in here acting high and mighty, the original problem was people buying ViP losing their gym as they had elite training for ONLY their fighters then the next month they'd do the same.

Which is getting around the rules, the Shiv thing I don't mind right now, but in six months time everbody with ViP will be doing it.

Wah wah wah.. heres a thought.. get a VIP account.. open an organization, gym, clothing company, nutrition company, whatever... make the cash needed to open one of these gyms yourself and VOILA! you too can have great training...

oh wait.. you don't want to have to put the time and effort in ... you just want to spend the time crying about other people. "Its not fair! Its not fair!" is the rallying cry for uninspired idiots. I can't play in the NFL... who do I sue for my lack of talent?

These people aren't becoming great fighters and managers because they have talent. They're buying elite gyms to do so.

The best manager in this game shouldn't automatically be the guy with the most money. It should be the guy who sets the best sliders and makes the best fights builds. That's not happening now because some of those people can't afford elite gyms like the others can.

i say fix it by simply charging fees per session instead of by lump some fee. that fixes all the problems. that way if a fighter joins then he must at least stay apart of the gym all week long to get the fees into the gyms account. so then these ppl that are doing this will have to make a decision, do i join the guy and just let him set there at no training so that he can fund this gym and still give everyone low ratios.

OR

basicly this makes the decision of how desparate are you for an advantage. are you willing to let your fighters just set and go to waste in order to aquire and advantage or would you just like to play the game on a level playing field like everyone else

Another proposed fix that would have negative impacts to the vast majority of gyms currently in existence. I'm willing to bet this would have a much larger negative impact on the $300 and under gyms (where members more commonly come & go) than it would have a positive impact on preventing the rich veteran players from getting 1-on-1 training for their fighters. I'm fairly certain that my 300+ member, $50 gym would never have survived if fees were charged per session rather than per week.

Personally, I really don't care all that much about the experienced players taking profits they have made elsewhere and spending them on a private gym for their elite fighters. Obviously they are running such gyms at a loss and won't be able to keep it up for ever. Not much different than the top fighters hiring private trainers for a period of time. Now the multiple company owners using one company to pay for a failing gym or the re-buying of VIP to open new gyms when one fails, that seems a bit of a cheat to me. But I'm still not that concerned about it, as it really isn't impacting my enjoyment of the game. For the repeat VIP buying, I'd suggest just preventing people from opening up the same type of business within a certain time frame (year, six months, whatever). For the multiple company owners, I'd prefer if they were simply given a time frame in which they had to choose which one they want to keep. I expect most of them have enough friends in the game that they can find someone to take over the one they want least.

If there is going to be something to prevent/limit the experienced players from opening up small gyms with multiple elite coaches, I think it needs to be kept relatively simply and certainly needs to be set-up to avoid negative impacts on the vast majority of regular gyms, most of which I suspect currently operate at the barely break even point. Requiring that a gym's capacity be such that if the gym were full it would be able to pay all of the coaches' fees is one option that has been suggested in the past. It would still allow the experienced vets to have relatively small gyms (a $600 gym could have as few as 5 members with a single elite coach; 9 members with a single double elite) but shouldn't have any negative impact on regular gyms. And if the experienced manager wants to change the focus on the training, they can just sack a current coach and hire a new one. But they won't be able to have those multi-elite gyms with only a handful of fighters in them.

I should also note that I am against the idea of a tax, for the simple reason that there is nothing the tax collected could be used for that would benefit the game or the fighters in the game - it is not real money, after all!

Couldn't you just spread the money out to the members of the game (or just VIP members?). You know what I mean? If you have ten thousand members and you've collected a total of a million dollars each member would get a thousand dollars back from the tax. or something like.

Since A million / ten = one thousand.

You get it?

Though it'd probably really hard to implement and you'd have to make it so people who pay less money get more money and people who pay more money get less like in the real world.

youve got a gym like that and you still reject fights. man, how low is your self esteem exactly

i didn't reject any fight you fucking retard, you offered me a contract and i declined it, is that so hard for you to accept?

you have to realize that a lot of ppl are scared to fight on even grounds.

thats why they get so fiery mad when someone questions there advantage

am i not fighting you with my fighter today itself because you thought i was a pushover and thought you'd call me out?

it's funny though you;d be the first too complain if you didn't have the advantage

i didn't have an advantage for a long time, you didn't see me whining about anything then?

again, i just started training in a gym of that quality recently, stop talking out of your ass. in addition, i've only trained projects there, my other fighters have trained as they went along and started by training in cheap gyms, they seem to be fine seeing as they haven't lost many times...

i know. what a weenie

the way there doing it is they have all there fighters join that gym every single week but only leave particular fighters there to train.

3 managers with 45 fighters have a gym with 19 fighters and 9 coaches. each manager joins and unjoins all his fighters every single week and only leaves the certain ones that he wants to train there all week to train. i guess the other fighters just pay out 600 bucks just for the hell of it. yea thats realistic lol. thats how this all works tho

no.. actually rayden's been a top manager for a long time and earned a good amount of money over that period so the gym loses money.. you really like stirring shit up for no reason don't you?

in any case, i'm sorry if i came off as blunt, but you were the ones who wanted to personally single me out for this so i thought i'd defend myself there.

Let me just say this. I agree that the more time you spend playing a game the more perks you should have. The problem isn't that people are playing the game seven days a week for six and earning those perks. The problem is that those people are earning those perks and never losing them. There has to be a way to lower the amount of money older managers have because if not newer managers will never be able to catch up with them. That's the key problem here.

a lot of you are looking at it like it's just elite gyms that are the problem but that's not the only problem(It's apart of the problem but it's not the only one). The problem is that the older manager have managed to accumulate so much money that if both the new manager and old manager play for the same amount of the time the old manager will still have more money.

You shouldn't be rewarded for starting a company in june 2009. You should be rewarded for spending a lot of time on the game (recently. You know what I mean? You shouldn't be able to play for four weeks last spring and still be the best manager in the game come march 2010) which a lot of people currently aren't because of the gap in funding.

3 managers with 45 fighters have a gym with 19 fighters and 9 coaches. each manager joins and unjoins all his fighters every single week and only leaves the certain ones that he wants to train there all week to train.

they cant join and leave with every fighter -- they have fighters in all locations cant join if not in that city -- really old and stupid thread -- the original and main issue was ones starting a gym and using loans not their own money to pay for it then lose vip and do it all over -- if they have money to keep it running and do so then isnt a problem

they cant join and leave with every fighter -- they have fighters in all locations cant join if not in that city -- really old and stupid thread -- the original and main issue was ones starting a gym and using loans not their own money to pay for it then lose vip and do it all over -- if they have money to keep it running and do so then isnt a problem

edwardsfanny just likes to keep his bitching going in multiple threads

i know. what a weenie

OR

Your gonna rope my gym into this it seems. You can't join and rejoin fighters to earn money so that isn't possible but thanks. the people that are in the gym are in the gym and yes I run it at a loss that I can deal with. Much like the pride owner I have a lot of money that I worked my ass off for 10 months of the game to save up to afford a gym like this. Because you people don't have the time to spend and work hard to make a gym like this is not my fault. Maybe you guys should have some facts before you start throwing shit out. All I see is because people aren't smart enough to save there money they bitch and complain because they don't have what everyone else has. Well the fact of the matter is I have been top 10 in the rankings for about 65% of the game with or without the gym. I have made a lot of tycoon dollars in my day seeing how I have been around almost a year, but because I am smart enough to save my money you people want to penalize me?? thats funny the option is always out there for you. I am not doing anything crazy here. Here is what you do you play the game for 3 quaters of a year and save your dough. then you make an elite gym for yourself. Thats all you got to do. The money does the rest. See there is your golden ticket nothing crazy. I am not robbing tycoon banks or the high/low shop after hours. Oh yeah also I make a shit load of money off well you people and your bookies. Pretty much pays a large portion of those gym losses. There are lots of ways to make money in the game because you people aren't smart enough to do them or think of them doesn't mean I should have to be on your level.

nope shiv, im sorry bud, but you ducked them. i told you what i needed and you wer willing to help. and then i sent you contracts with who you wer gonna be facing and you all of the sudden got cold feet. i sent it to your first fighter which was older than your opponent, you rejected and said that you hadnt created a big enuff advantage yet. so then i sent another to the next fighter which again, was older, and ofcoarse you rejected again. so then i sent another offer to one of your fighters that was much older and you still rejected becos you said that you hadnt trained him up enuff. and i replied to you, "are you scared to accept a fight that your not guaranteed to win? must you have a huge advantage b4 you will take a fight?" you can say what you want but you definately ducked 3 fights.

and the point that i was making about gyms, is that its not really a big problem for me if someone earns a bunch of money and operates there gym at a loss until they run out of money. but the problem is when ppl are pairing up and operating at a loss thru sketchy methods.

edwardsfanny just likes to keep his bitching going in multiple threads

5616, your just pissed off becos you tried to get one of my fighters and i told you to "blow me" hahaha what a moron

5616, your just pissed off becos you tried to get one of my fighters and i told you to "blow me" hahaha what a moron

i would have loved to have had u in DIFO....i'd get to laugh at u getting your ass kicked every fight.....and as i replied 'you'd like that eh faggot'