Exclusive Elite gyms with few members and low fees

The answer should be obvious. :suicide_anim:

thank you pun : )

but for shits and giggles we'll go ahead and tell him. AGAIN :suicide_anim:

if you charge per session then the fighter will not be able to just join for a moment and then split having paid his fee and gone.

he will have to hang around and train at the gym in order to pump his money into the gym. therefore making training session size realistic

or the alternative is to place your fighter in the gym and just let him set and wither away : )

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll state it one more time

CHARGE FEES PER SESSION AND IT STOPS IT ALL

No it doesn't. Especially since the vast majority of the private gyms that people seem upset about are running at a loss anyway, so they really aren't going to care whether there is a weekly charge or a per session charge. Plus your idea negatively impacts all gyms, the vast majority of which appear to struggle to get by as it is.

If the issue is people designing gyms that intentionally lose money, an easier solution is to simply require that (gym capacity) * (gym fees) = (coaches' fees). This even would still allow for the small elite gyms, as a single elite coach would only require a capacity of 5. A rich manager could then build a small gym for 5-6 fighters, hire one coach to work on a specific skill, then replace the coach when it was time to move on to another skill. If he wanted, he could either have all the fighters working with the coach, or have one-one sessions while the others spar/weights/cardio.

thank you pun : )

but for shits and giggles we'll go ahead and tell him. AGAIN :suicide_anim:

if you charge per session then the fighter will not be able to just join for a moment and then split having paid his fee and gone.

he will have to hang around and train at the gym in order to pump his money into the gym. therefore making training session size realistic

or the alternative is to place your fighter in the gym and just let him set and wither away : )

LOL...this is an epic post for so many reasons not the least of which that edwardsfan has NO IDEA why this is an epic post!

yea alecburke, i agree with you 100%. it would be great to charge fees the way you stated

i see no problem with that at all. i'll think it thru a bit more but at the moment i see no problems with that.

just dont allow the capacity of the gym go below what it takes to cover the expenses of the gym. seems to make good sense

Edwardsfan is right that the loophole of rotating through fighters to pay for 1on1 training would be solved by charging per session (or per day).

Would that cause big problems for legit gyms? In the short term: yes.

In the long run I think it hits all gyms roughly equally hard, and they'll be able to adapt. However it would probably also widen the gap more between "legit" gyms and those who can afford to lose more per week.

I don't think it would be unreasonable to put a limit on the amount you can push into a gym from your manager funds both at the creation of a gym (maybe 50-100-200k?) and weekly (1k-2k-5k-10k?) This could give a solid advantage to richer managers, but within some boundaries.

flawless idea Alecburke. pure genius. becos if the cap is automatically set at a minimum then these super elite training gyms wouldnt be able to keep ppl from joining. thus far not allowing them the oppurtunity to operate under cost. and joining fighters and leaving would have no purpose. i really think you hit it

Edwardsfan is right that the loophole of rotating through fighters to pay for 1on1 training would be solved by charging per session (or per day).

In the long run I think it hits all gyms roughly equally hard, and they'll be able to adapt. However it would probably also widen the gap more between "legit" gyms and those who can afford to lose more per week.

How did we get back here? Do you guys realize that edwardsfan's brilliant idea will just make it easier, and likely cheaper, to do what you are trying to "ban"?

I don't think it would be unreasonable to put a limit on the amount you can push into a gym from your manager funds both at the creation of a gym (maybe 50-100-200k?) and weekly (1k-2k-5k-10k?) This could give a solid advantage to richer managers, but within some boundaries.

That would matter because as someone else said above me people would just hire 1 or 2 elite/double elite coaches and train 1 skill at a time with all their fighters.

Just leave the game alone and let it work itself out. Its a game that is made to eventually balance itself out. Maybe you will never be as good as the generation above you but that is the way it is supposed to be. Eventually those fighters will be gone and it will be your turn to shine. We dont need to even this game out with such extreme measures when it is still so early in its career.

A simpler option would be allow managers to get a substantially larger cut of the fighters pay. Then even new managers will be able to afford better training for ALL their fighters. It gives new guys a jump start while giving a reward to the people who are really in control of the game (the managers).

no he didnt......learn to read

if he said the opposite then his argument would make no sense

That's quite an argument.

Alec's "fix" also doesn't work for logistical reasons, though I applaud his attempt to feed you.

So, basically, a gym won't be able to buy coaches until the gym has fighters, and the fighters won't come unless the coaches are there. Plus, who is to say I can't join my 15 fighters to my gym, hire 3 coaches, and then move 12 of my fighters to another gym?

Wow, it took me 2 seconds to poke holes in something edwardsfan thought was steel-tight!

That would matter because as someone else said above me people would just hire 1 or 2 elite/double elite coaches and train 1 skill at a time with all their fighters.

Just leave the game alone and let it work itself out. Its a game that is made to eventually balance itself out. Maybe you will never be as good as the generation above you but that is the way it is supposed to be. Eventually those fighters will be gone and it will be your turn to shine. We dont need to even this game out with such extreme measures when it is still so early in its career.

A simpler option would be allow managers to get a substantially larger cut of the fighters pay. Then even new managers will be able to afford better training for ALL their fighters. It gives new guys a jump start while giving a reward to the people who are really in control of the game (the managers).

theres absolutely so much wrong with this its not even funny lol

and backelie i do believe is one of the top managers on the game and your talking to him like he just showed up on the scene lol. he's got the age advantage that you are referring to and he is willing to give it up to make the game more even and fair. the way more ppl should be

thats how you tell ppl that have genuine good interest for something. when they are willing to put aside there personal feelings/needs and view things from a broader perspective. theres obviously a couple of us here that look at things from an unbiased stand point and some that obviously do not

Alec's "fix" also doesn't work for logistical reasons, though I applaud his attempt to feed you.

So, basically, a gym won't be able to buy coaches until the gym has fighters, and the fighters won't come unless the coaches are there. Plus, who is to say I can't join my 15 fighters to my gym, hire 3 coaches, and then move 12 of my fighters to another gym?

Wow, it took me 2 seconds to poke holes in something edwardsfan thought was steel-tight!

Do you understand that there is a difference between capacity and membership? It doesn't appear that way, given the completely invalid critique you just made of the proposal.

lol and it just takes me 2 seconds to poke a whole right back in your logic

go ahead and join your fighters and then pull them back out and tell me that theres not gonna be 10000 other managers that arent gonna see that really low ratio that you just created and place there fighters in there?

your a moron

theres absolutely so much wrong with this its not even funny lol

and backelie i do believe is one of the top managers on the game and your talking to him like he just showed up on the scene lol. he's got the age advantage that you are referring to and he is willing to give it up to make the game more even and fair. the way more ppl should be

thats how you tell ppl that have genuine good interest for something. when they are willing to put aside there personal feelings/needs and view things from a broader perspective. theres obviously a couple of us here that look at things from an unbiased stand point and some that obviously do not

k

Do you understand that there is a difference between capacity and membership? It doesn't appear that way, given the completely invalid critique you just made of the proposal.

Chill with the hostility, brother - I'm not edwardsfan.

I assumed you meant membership, otherwise you're making it even easier for me to get around your "fix" - I don't even need to have the fighters in the gym. I can set the capacity to 15, hire my 3 coaches (which takes all of 30 seconds), and then lower my capacity to three. So, now I have exactly what I had before your "fix".

I think, as stated previously, that you are all wasting time trying to fix something that isn't broke (not liking how something works doesn't imply its broke). You have a problem with the Tycoon economy, not gyms, and should be wasting your hostility/anger on trying to fix that.

lol and it just takes me 2 seconds to poke a whole right back in your logic

go ahead and join your fighters and then pull them back out and tell me that theres not gonna be 10000 other managers that arent gonna see that really low ratio that you just created and place there fighters in there?

your a moron

Its "you're", not "your".

sorry but im still laughing at mattyblaze

So am I. In fact, I'm laughing at everyone that argues with you. They know they're getting trolled and continue to allow it, wondering why you can't realize the flaw in your logic at the same time being aware of the fact that you're a troll.

and he did mean membership. i can promise you that his idea is whats gonna happen becos it honeslty fixes the problem

you would not be allowed to hire 3 coaches and have your 3 fighters in there. unless of coarse they wer useless or something.

the minimum membership would have to cover the cost of the gyms expenses. so you couldnt drop the capacity to three after you hired your coaches becos it would be set at 10 or 12 or whatever. and when you pulled your fighters out then other ppl would just join up. and no more super elite operates under cost gym. no more bitching back and forth. problem solved

Chill with the hostility, brother - I'm not edwardsfan.

I assumed you meant membership, otherwise you're making it even easier for me to get around your "fix" - I don't even need to have the fighters in the gym. I can set the capacity to 15, hire my 3 coaches (which takes all of 30 seconds), and then lower my capacity to three. So, now I have exactly what I had before your "fix".

I think, as stated previously, that you are all wasting time trying to fix something that isn't broke (not liking how something works doesn't imply its broke). You have a problem with the Tycoon economy, not gyms, and should be wasting your hostility/anger on trying to fix that.

No hostility; an honest question. And you can't do what you suggest above under this proposal (which isn't mine - it was made earlier by someone else) because as long as you have 3 single elite coaches in the gym, the gym's capacity would have to be at least 14 if you were charging $600. The game simply wouldn't allow a gym owner to set the capacity any lower than is required to cover the coaches' fees. If you want to lower the capacity, you'd need to fire some coaches.

And I don't have a problem with the way things are. But if there is going to be a change, the above proposal is pretty simple to understand and actually does address the issue of the economy in Tycoon as much as it does gyms. Essentially it is requiring a business to have a viable business plan.

And if you want to start an Elite Gym with 6 coaches?

It depends on what those coaches are (single, double, triple elites) and how much you want to charge. All it really would be is a formula in the game engine which sets a minimum capacity a gym owner can set based on the coaches hired and the fees being charged. Pretty easy math, but obviously the minimum capacity (again, that's capacity, not current membership) would be determined based on the formula of (total coaches' fees per week) / (gym fees).