Exclusive Elite gyms with few members and low fees

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not on a big horse. ive made fighters like that also. but it took me doing that to realize that its not the best way. im sorry that it makes you mad. but its my opinion. ive looked at the proof that i have and my made my decision. if you choose to believe otherwise then by all means. roll with it : ) im not twisting your arm

but as far as your challenge

i gladly will put up any one of my fighters. take your pick and i will absolutely fight anybodies fighter. ANYBODIES!!!

im not scared bud. i destroyed the #2 manager on the game last night and i'll surely will take anyone of your fighters.

-----------------------------------------------JUST PICK ONE ------------------------------------------------------------

Jim Dangle [ 3478 ] http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=3478

Cee Digits [ 12951 ] http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=12951

That shouldn't be too hard of a fight to set up. Both fighters are in the same Org already. Wut's up?

I was jockeying for this fight before I inked my last offer anyways. Would love to have Digits be the first dude to hand Dangle a 1 in his KO column

If you want it, tell Franky, but I want it to be set up asap after Digits' next fight, cuz he has a HW belt to win after that.

we follow the ways of the mango tree. all is understood under the shade of the mango tree.

and he's my slowest learner, so i'm not 100% sure on him :)

i hope i win though, streak'll touch 35 then!

Jim Dangle [ 3478 ] http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=3478

Cee Digits [ 12951 ] http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=12951

That shouldn't be too hard of a fight to set up. Both fighters are in the same Org already. Wut's up?

I was jockeying for this fight before I inked my last offer anyways. Would love to have Digits be the first dude to hand Dangle a 1 in his KO column

If you want it, tell Franky, but I want it to be set up asap after Digits' next fight, cuz he has a HW belt to win after that.

he has officially left the thread -- :suicide_anim:

we follow the ways of the mango tree. all is understood under the shade of the mango tree.

and he's my slowest learner, so i'm not 100% sure on him :)

i hope i win though, streak'll touch 35 then!

honestly mate i'm not impressed by your 35 wins they all have question marks beside them , you've had a huge advantage in at least 30 plus of them Bo Dayshus aka Qrash won 30 in a row where he was the underdog in at lot of the fights and had 8 or 9 legit title defenses . You could probably have another 50 wins in a row if you keep having fights where you have at least 100 more primary points than your opponent.

your the poster boy for why private gyms shouldn't be allowed , all you need to do is create a company get one of your mates to funnel money through it close it , then start up an elite gym with 10 trainers for your 15 guys . There are loads of people with more money then they can ever spend that could do this .

honestly mate i'm not impressed by your 35 wins they all have question marks beside them , you've had a huge advantage in at least 30 plus of them Bo Dayshus aka Qrash won 30 in a row where he was the underdog in at lot of the fights and had 8 or 9 legit title defenses . You could probably have another 50 wins in a row if you keep having fights where you have at least 100 more primary points than your opponent.

your the poster boy for why private gyms shouldn't be allowed , all you need to do is create a company get one of your mates to funnel money through it close it , then start up an elite gym with 10 trainers for your 15 guys . There are loads of people with more money then they can ever spend that could do this .

i personally think what he did is far greater than what i've done and i probably will never come even close to it, thats not even in question.

i don't decline fights and all my fighters that have currently fought started off with nothing and built themselves up through various orgs. i always say i haven't faced top competition yet but i do think i'm moving in that direction.

as for edwardsfan, here's what he does before his fights:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9296/idiotlm.jpg

there's another 10-15 blank mails in the second half of that screen.

all of them are basically trashtalk and amazingly, he ends up losing the fight (though i don't think it was an impressive performance from either of us).

good fight shiv. (as much as i hate to say it)

i'll get you your 3 months vip tomarrow (as much as i hate to do it)

i didnt lose the fight, you won it. you beat me with the sliders(as much as i hate to admit it)

even when i got the fight where i wanted it you still out did me

if it would have been a 4th rounder then you would have really mopped the floor with me

maybe we'll meet again, but for my records sake and wallets also, i probly shouldnt wish for that

congratulations

thanks.

as i told you in chat, i vastly underestimated your fighter, it was a good fight, hopefully we get to do this again sometime (though this time, PLEASE dont spam my inbox, its really annoying man!)

anyway, even though our thoughts differ on various issues including projects and gyms, you sure as hell know your sliders man. good fight!

This shows a lot of class. I honestly did not have a very high opinion of edwardsfan before this. Despite trash talk and having a lot of different opinions than myself eddiefan boy showed some real class here!

good fight shiv. (as much as i hate to say it)

i'll get you your 3 months vip tomarrow (as much as i hate to do it)

i didnt lose the fight, you won it. you beat me with the sliders(as much as i hate to admit it)

even when i got the fight where i wanted it you still out did me

if it would have been a 4th rounder then you would have really mopped the floor with me

maybe we'll meet again, but for my records sake and wallets also, i probly shouldnt wish for that

congratulations

a man of his word

I'm wondering what to do about this myself. I think probably setting a minimum capacity of about 30 would be a start and perhaps not including the gym owner's own fighters in that cap.

Adding a cap is a good idea, he can always get around the "not adding his own fighters" though by doing this with someone else (ie they open 2 gyms, each one joins the others gym)

It's a "good" idea if you really dont want people to have good training unless they get into one of a few established elite gyms, and want to ruin the possibility of running a legit small gym, eg a few 140 single elite coaches, with 4-5 guys per coach.

"not including the gym owner's own fighters in that cap" worsens the problem with private gyms, because 1) it does nothing to actually erase them, but 2) gives the advantage to only those who manage to set up "mirror" gyms for eachother, like Mentor describes above.

This may be an idea which has already been tossed around, but I would be interested to see what the response is. Instead of having an infinite supply of elite coaches available to anyone willing to throw down the cash, why not make a finite number of coaches based on the number of players in a given city? Instead of just clicking "hire" you would have to bid on their contracts. They could even have hidden attributes so that sometimes you manage to steal a real bargain. As it is, top tier players have more money than they know what to do with and without ex-wives, child support and Bentley's, they don't have anything to spend it on besides these insane thoroughbred gyms. I realize that this solution is a developers nightmare, but I think it's the best one around.

re-program it so that fees come out per session. and problem solved

it may not be that hard to programm it since fighters already get payed per session when not training. so how much harder could it be for them to pay out per session?

ppl may argue this will hurt some gyms that are operating fairly. which it will stop them from getting the bumps from middle of the week joiners. but it will be fair for everyone. the fighters will pay for every training session they attend and the gyms will get payed for every session that gets attended.

this will also put a stop to the problem of new players that join the game on a wednesday or thursday and join a gym and then as soon as fees come out they get booted right back out. and then they get pissed off becos there fighters dont have money to do anything and they never log in again. its just bad luck but ive had 2 ppl that i know of thats had this exact same scenario happen to them

this is fair solution for everyone. the fighters and gym owners both. like i said i know gym owners will be mad becos theyre not getting there mid week bumps anymore but it cant be argued that it wouldnt be fair

re-program it so that fees come out per session. and problem solved

it may not be that hard to programm it since fighters already get payed per session when not training. so how much harder could it be for them to pay out per session?

ppl may argue this will hurt some gyms that are operating fairly. which it will stop them from getting the bumps from middle of the week joiners. but it will be fair for everyone. the fighters will pay for every training session they attend and the gyms will get payed for every session that gets attended.

this will also put a stop to the problem of new players that join the game on a wednesday or thursday and join a gym and then as soon as fees come out they get booted right back out. and then they get pissed off becos there fighters dont have money to do anything and they never log in again. its just bad luck but ive had 2 ppl that i know of thats had this exact same scenario happen to them

this is fair solution for everyone. the fighters and gym owners both. like i said i know gym owners will be mad becos theyre not getting there mid week bumps anymore but it cant be argued that it wouldnt be fair

You know what would be a really great idea?

Have 1 gym for each 85 fighters in each city all with the same cap, same price, and same coaches - don't let the gym owner have any control. It can't be argued that it wouldn't be fair!

Actually fighters are paid for working once per day, not per session. And in fact, the game engine doesn't even look at whether or not they trained, just what their training intensity level is at the check time (11pm GMT iirc). As long as you are willing to go to either No Training or Part Time for the remainder of the week, you can actually train on a non-training day, say Wednesday for a part-timer, and still get paid for that day. Same is true in reverse - if you were set to No Training during the day, but switch back to Full Time prior to the check, you won't get paid for that day despite the fact that you didn't/couldn't do any training.

You know what would be a really great idea?

Have 1 gym for each 85 fighters in each city all with the same cap, same price, and same coaches - don't let the gym owner have any control. It can't be argued that it wouldn't be fair!

thats obviously ridiculous but at the same time we shouldn't let experienced managers exploit loop holes and funnel money into gyms to create unfair advantages

thats obviously ridiculous but at the same time we shouldn't let experienced managers exploit loop holes and funnel money into gyms to create unfair advantages

I know its ridiculous. That was the point.

But what loopholes? What funneling? How are you exploiting loopholes or funneling money when you have accumulated enough money to do this? Its not, and its not hurting anyone. Are better fighters not supposed to accept better contracts because then they'd have more money than you - which apparently means they are exploiting the loophole of being too good? You could easily do this yourself if you chose to.