Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

7 hours ago, Gator001 said:

16175931429480.gif

Is someones mum doing the picks? You are going to be very disappointed....My peak isnt even close

Apparently Donkey is now yer mommy!  LOL!  I guess even an ass like that guy gets lucky once in a while with 50/50 picks!  Or maybe he has some sorta wierd intuition or something...I dunno!

• Upvote 1

SPPS153-Poster.png

Sucker Punch Pro Series 153

Hello Sucker Punch fans! Risa here doing the WHOLE ENTIRE PREVIEW for Sucker Punch Pro Series 153 because Hare and Donkey are… “chilling out” for the evening. Take that as you will. That means you get what you get for this preview, and you don’t get upset! If you do get upset, go feel bad about yourself, because I’m doing my best. Tonight, we have a fun line up of fights, though no heavy man fights (I believe Hare said none over middleweight, to use the proper terminology for any of you managers that might have sticks up your asses), for our live and PPV fans to enjoy. Not only do we have a championship battle to the death (not to the death? Lame!), but we also have a match to determine one of the next title contenders! What a night we have coming up!

Phase One: The Pregame

Just a few warmup shots and fights to really get your MMA bones buzzing.

Fight 1: Ceedee Queen v Benny Figg

Ceedee Queen? More like Ceedee’s nuts. Sorry, that was only funny to me. Anyway this first fight of the night will be a three round pow wow between these two hunks. On the Risa Scale of Win-Lose ratios, both of these guys have a medium-sucky rating, with Queen’s being veryyyyy mildly less sucky. Very mild. Both of these guys lost their last fight, so I’m sure a win would feel nice to either of them. I don’t know much else about these two, and I don’t really want to know much else about them. Call me when you guys are headliners, besties.

Fight 2: Oswaldo Fadda Jr v Nick Barkley

The second fight will be between Fadda Jr and Barkley. Now Fadda has a 5-0 win record right now. He also has a big ass forehead so that adds an L by default. I don’t know if Fadda has been beating shitty fighters or decent dudes, but hey, go out front stay out front my guy. His last couple fights have been submission and KO wins, so this guy might wrap up the fight pretty quickly. Barkley has a 12-8 record right now, more fights, but more Ls. Now hopefully he was fighting better guys than Fadda was. His last two fights he lost to submissions, so if Fadda can stick with his recent trend, he might shut this one down before a decision.

Fight 3: Moganesh Jain v Godefroy Courtial

Both of these guys have first names that are a mouthful. Jain looks like he got smacked on the top of his head a few too many times. He’s coming in with a 23-11-1 record. That’s a lot of fights bestie. That means a lot of experience. He was on a four-fight win run until he lost his last one. So sad. Maybe he can get back at the winning tonight. Courtial has a 17-7-1 record. Not as many fights as Jain, but still plenty to tell me that he definitely knows his way around Sucker Punch. Courtial has pretty high morale going into this fight. That would be promising for him, except so does Jain so get fucked I guess bro. Hopefully they make this fight worth watching.

Phase Two: The Uber Ride There

We’re on our way to the big fights, better keep the bottles and fists popping.

(If anyone is curious, Hare is currently shouting at the TV show he’s watching because they talked about Fight Club, and we all know what the first rule is. I don’t think his “chilling out” is working the way it was supposed to.)

Fight 4: Tomohiro Tanahashi v Manco Capac

Tanahashi is coming into today with a 10-5 record. He’s got a pretty neat profile picture too, respect my guy. High morale and high energy going into tonight will serve him well. Hopefully Tanahashi is ready to break the three fight losing streak he’s on and get back to his blazing win streak he had before. Capac is coming into tonight with a 14-12 streak. He’s been pretty back and forth with wins and losses, but he’s also got pretty high morale and energy today, so hopefully he’s aiming to get another win under his belt and put a bit more of a gap between his win and loss stats.

Risa’s Pick: Tomohiro Tanahashi via KO

I love KOs. Tanahashi has won KO of the night before. Capac hasn’t. Knock him out Tanahashi! Make him taste metal!

Fight 5: Repus Revorg v Montesh Dominguez

I know Revorg. He’s one of Hare’s guys. I’ve made fun of him before. Well Hare isn’t here for you today pal, just Risa. So don’t expect nice words. Revorg has a 10-8 record, fairly high morale, and high energy going into tonight. He also has by far the lowest bank balance I’ve seen out of any of the fighters so far (broke bitch). Revorg lost his last fight, so he better shake that out of his head if he wants to win this one and move up in the world. Dominguez has a 10-11 record, slightly higher morale than Revorg, and lots of energy going into tonight. He also has a lot more money than Revorg. He won his last fight with a KO (that’s what I like to see). Honestly, from what I know of all this MMA stuff (which is very little), I’d say these two guys are a pretty even match, this fight could honestly go either way.

Risa’s Pick: Montesh Dominguez via Unanimous Decision

Listen I’m not a fan of Hare (strictly because we’re related, I’m sure he’s a nice enough guy). I’m hoping the judges aren’t either and use their bias powers in order to pick Dominguez. It makes Hare grumpy and more fun to pick on when his guys lose fights. Maybe he’ll pay them more to fight better.

Fight 6: James Kirk v Darwin Zambrano

Zambrano is also one of Hare’s guys. Two for two out here. Captain Kirk up here is taking a break from intergalactic travels with Spock to beat up Zambrano. Now Kirk is coming into tonight with a 13-8-1 record, fairly high morale, and high energy. He lost his last two fights, so hopefully he’s itching for a good ol’ 1-2-beat-the-shit-out-of-him kind of evening to get back on the right track here. Zambrano looks straight out of fucking Game of Thrones. Kinda forgot what this bull looks like until now. Wack. He’s rocking with a 9-8 record, high morale, and high energy for tonight. He won his last fight, so I’m sure he’s still walking on that high (he looks the type to be like that). Zambrano is also broke as fuck. What the fuck, Hare? Your guys got a gambling addiction or something? Something fishy is going on here. What a shady manager.

Risa’s Pick: Darwin Zambrano via TKO

Dawg is carrying a sword. He tried to hide it in the picture, but I see it. Captain Kirk, it’s been a pleasure, but your fists are no match for a sword.

Phase 3: The Party

We’re getting into the bigger fights. I still have no clue what I’m talking about. I need a drink.

Fight 7: Juan Christiano v Shock Linewood

Juan, if you’re gonna dress like Jesus and act like Jesus, why don’t you just go by Jesus(hey-zeus)? Christiano is coming into tonight with a 17-7-1 record, high morale, and high energy. Good, as you should. He won his last fight (against Benny Figg, who is also fighting tonight, may I add). He probably felt like he could walk on water after that win. Linewood is coming into tonight with a 21-23-1 record, high morale, and high energy. That’s a lot of fights bro. You lost a lot of them too bro. Nonetheless, he won his last two fights. Perhaps he can win tonight and start a semblance of a winning streak. That would be pretty neat my guy.

Risa’s Pick: Shock Linewood via KO

Jesus was a lover, not a fighter. And he literally got beat in a fight way back when #CrucifictionVibes

(This just in: Hare just informed me that bestie Juan was the prior champ. That’s awko taco. I stand by my pick)

Fight 8: Craig Watkins v Landon McGuire

Who names their kid Craig? Why? Landon is also a dumb name though. Very douchebag/frat boy-esque. Craig “The Outlaw” Watkins, what the FUCK kind of nickname is that? You look like you sit in your basement playing Dungeons and Dragons every day that you’re not fighting people. “The Outlaw,” give me a break. I’m so mad. Who the fuck thinks that they have the right to call themselves “The Outlaw” when their name is CRAIG??

Risa’s Pick: Landon McGuire via however he’s best at beating people.

Fuck you Craig.

(“We have to say fuck you in the most loving way possible. We don’t want the other managers to hate us.” – Hare)

Fight 9: Chip Nickel v Silent Bob

This is a contender match-up to determine the next title contender! Isn’t this so exciting?? I have goose bumps! Hare is so excited that he just burned his hand on melted cheese while making his third snack of the hour! Things are wild with excitement in the Rumpler household!

Chip Nickle is coming into tonight’s match with a 22-9 record, pretty high morale, and high energy. Now, this isn’t the first match up between Nickel and Bob, and Nickel lost the last one. OUCH! Time for a revenge tour buddy. Make him regret beating you last time. I believe in you.

Silent Bob won the last match up between these two MMA studs. Silent but deadly I guess. Bob is coming into tonight with a 18-9 record, high morale, and high energy. He’s ready to rumble clearly. He’s won his last two fights, and lost the one right after he beat Nickel.

Both of these guys are tough fighters. Bob’s got a track record with the decisions. Nickel might want to shut down the fight with a TKO before Bobby gets the chance to outperform him.

Risa’s Pick: Silent Bob via Unanimous decision

Listen, both of y’all have pretty cool names. But Bobby took Nickel down before, and my money would be on him doing it again.

Phase Four: The After Party

After parties are the best part of any good party. Hopefully this time, the after party is a good one, but also remembered, unlike the usual best after parties.

Fight 10: Konrad Wagner v Nova Lankinen for the CHAMPIONSHIP!

This is it folks. The five round championship fight. We made it. This match-up between Wagner and Lankinen will determine who will walk out of tonight the welterweight champion! SO exciting!

Konrad Wagner is our reigning champ coming into tonight. This is his fifth championship run. You know what they say, if you’ve won the championship five times, that means you lost it four times (Hare tells me he only lost it three times and it was stripped once for leaving CaliMMA with the belt, I told him I don’t care). Of course, I would never manifest such energy on the night of Wagner’s big championship defense (just don’t screw up bro). Wagner is coming into his defense with 21-4 record, high morale, and high energy.

Nova Lankinen is coming for Wagner’s knees and his championship. This is Lankinen’s first trip to the belt, ooooohh exciting! Lankinen is coming into tonight on a five fight winning streak. He’s got a 7-2 record, high morale, and high energy. Both of these guys are ready to leave it all in the ring.

Risa’s Pick: Kurt Wagner via Unanimous decision

You don’t mess with the best. And you don’t fix what ain’t broke. I love a good underdog story, but I’m not sure Lankinen has the Sucker Punch experience he needs quite yet.

Finale

That’s all for today folks. Be sure to tune in (or show up to LA if you’re seeing it live) for the big event tonight. Let’s see some busted up fighters tonight! Peace out Sucker Punch squad.

Risa out.

• Upvote 1

Nati’s Preview

Sucker Punch Pro Series 155

Hello friends and welcome back for another preview. Hare and Donkey are preoccupied at the moment, so you get me instead. Let’s get into it, shall we?  (Hare's note:  Yeah, meaning we're in Maine on vacation and I bribed her with a new running shirt into doing the preview!)

p.s. Yes I will be making predictions based on small differences in morale and energy again and nobody can stop me.  Bwahaha!

#1- Gracie vs Souppe

Up first tonight we have Bryan Gracie against Bruno Souppe in a middleweight bout. These two have similar experience in the number of bouts they’ve participated in, but are not exactly similar in the outcome of those bouts. Gracie has much more winning experience, with a 59% win rate opposed to Souppe’s 31%. If you look at their skills, they are pretty much matched muay thai and wrestling. However, Souppe has the advantage in boxing and Gracie has the advantage in BJJ. 

Based on record and skill stats alone, it is easy to choose Gracie over Souppe for this one. The cherry on top in the difference in morale, which you know I like to judge based off of. They're both down in morale, but Gracie has slightly more than Souppe heading into this match-up. Gracie’s black belt in BJJ is also promising, making me choose Gracie to win via submission.

#2- Ulatov vs Bonifacio

The second fight of the night will be a lightweight bout between Sergei Ulatov and Luigi Bonifacio. Ulatov has participated in far more bouts than Bonifacio, giving him a slight upper hand just due to experience. Combine that with his better win rate and it’s not looking good for Bonifacio so far. Bonifacio has a slight edge in both boxing and muay thai, but Ulatov is much better at wrestling and BJJ. Assuming that Ulatov can get Bonifacio on the ground, this one could be over pretty quickly. 

Although record and skill stats lean in Ulatov’s favor, I don’t think I will be betting on him for this one. Ulatov’s energy and morale are both down more than Bonifacio, so I feel like I need to stick to my usual ways and choose Bonifacio to win this one, probably via decision.

#3- Petersson vs Merel

Fight number 3 will be a featherweight bout, or as I like to call it, a skinny boy slap fight, between Peter Petersson and Anthony Merel. They have the same number losses, but Petersson has 4 more wins on his record than Merel does. However, Merel appears to have an edge over Petersson in both muay thai and BJJ and can match him in both boxing and wrestling. This one will likely be close. 

Both of these guys are down a little in morale, but Petersson is down slightly more. I also just hate Petersson’s name, like who names someone Peter Petersson? That’s just cruel. Obviously, I’m choosing Merel to win this one, probably by decision just because I doubt anything interesting will come out of a featherweight match.

#4- Sukulaku vs Dvalishvili

The fourth fight of the night will be a lightweight bout between Jyrik Sukulaku and Koba Dvalishvili. These two have similar records, so there’s not much that we can get out of that. These fighters pretty much match up in skills, except in BJJ, where Sukulaku seems to have a considerable advantage. We will see if this will actually help his or not. 

They are both down about the same amount in morale, so that is another statistic we can’t use to try to predict a winner here. However, Sukulaku has full energy while Dvalishvili is missing some. Combine that with his superior skills in BJJ and it’s looking like Sukulaku might win this one, probably vis TKO since that seems to be what he likes to do. 

#5- Vanorden vs Ecker 

The final fight on the undercard will be a light heavyweight bout between Bruce Vanorden and Devin Ecker. These two fighters’ skills match up perfectly, neither of them being significantly better at one than the other is. Vanorden has a lot more experience than Ecker, specifically winning experience. Vanorden has a 65% win rate as opposed to Ecker’s 52. These numbers aren’t super helpful though, as there are always upsets in this sport.

It appears that they are both down about the same in morale, however, Ecker has full energy and Vanorden does not. Since their skills match up, this is the only thing I will be basing my decision off of. Ecker will win this one via TKO since that is the only thing he has ever won by across his 11 wins. 

#6- Verreira vs River

The first fight on the main card will be a lightweight bout between Vinicius Verreira and Guy River. These two have similar win rates, but their skills vary greatly. They are close in wrestling, but River has the advantage in both boxing and muay thai while Verreira has a significant advantage in BJJ. The question is, which of these skillsets will come out on top?

Both fighters have full energy, however, Verreira’s morale isn’t quite perfect.. So, naturally, we can’t choose him to win this one. I also just don’t like Verreira’s name. He’s got that suspicious double V going, and we can’t have that. River will win via TKO, because that’s what he usually does and because we like TKOs around here. 

#7- Blikstein vs Hunt

The seventh fight of the night will be a middleweight bout between Paulo Blikstein and James Hunt. Their skills match up pretty well, the only real difference being in wrestling where Blikstein has a slight advantage.Their records are pretty similar so that’s not a good indicator of who is going to win in this scenario. 

They are both missing about the same amount of energy, and they’re both missing a little bit of morale. Although Blikstein’s morale is down slightly more than Hunt’s, I like Blikstein’s name better so I’m going to choose him to win this one. He usually wins by TKO, so I am once again predicting a win via TKO. 

#8- Furioto vs Soldic

Fight number 8 will be a lightweight bout between Maximus Furioto and Roberto Soldic. Solidc has a significant advantage over Furioto in both boxing and muay thai, but they’re pretty similar in the other two skills. Furioto has a much better record than Soldic, 20-9 compared to 15-11.

Furioto and Soldic’s slight variations in morale and energy pretty much cancel each other out in my mind. Although Soldic has the skill advantage, I am familiar with Furioto, as I am pretty sure I’ve written about him before, and I feel a slight bias toward him. Therefore, I am going to choose Furioto to win this one via submission, just because. 

#9- Po vs Gulf 

The co-main event tonight will be a middleweight bout between Shen Po and Leyte Gulf. These two have relatively similar records and similar skillsets, except BJJ where Po excels over Gulf. Po also has slightly more experience, which may help him throughout this fight. 

Neither of these two fighters have perfect morale or energy, and their differences from one another are not enough to matter. I have no idea who’s going to win this one, so we will ask Siri her opinion by having her flip a coin. Po is heads and Gulf is tails. And… it’s tails. Gulf is winning this one. Probably via decision. 

#10- Cabrera vs Anderson

The main event will be a featherweight bout (*cough* skinny boy slap fight *cough*) between Heller Cabrera and Ryan Anderson. Anderson has fought twice as many bouts in his life as Cabrera has, giving him a considerable advantage experience-wise. However, Cabrera’s win rate is significantly better, winning 88% of the time compared to Anderson’s 69%. Looking at skills, they’re pretty similar in everything except BJJ, in which Cabrera has the advantage. 

Cabrera’s morale isn’t perfect, but it’s close enough. Considering his stats and skills, I’m going to choose Cabrera to win anyways, likely via TKO. If I’m correct, there will be a lot of wins by way of TKO tonight. 

• Upvote 1

1656347146SPPS157_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

633ab0cd421b283f93826069a3d2c895.png

Sucker Punch Pro Series 157

Hello Sucker Punch faithful!  Hare Rumpler here and I’ll be joined as usual by our very own Donkey “Dan” for some in depth analysis and picks as we head full steam towards SPPS 157 this evening.  And, surprise, surprise, it may be a mid-week card here at Sucker Punch…but that doesn’t mean we’re in Tokyo for a change!  Instead, we’ve slipped back on over to the Wombley in London for a rare showing over on that side of the pond!

I’m not going to get into a lot of detail here as I actually have some work to do for the place that keeps the roof over the heads here at Rumpler central, so let’s jump into the word from our merchandise partner and sponsor and get to a closer look at each fight after.

1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes?  If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement.  It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Welterweights

Ryo Hamada v Edward Mills

We open things this evening with a Welterweight match between Hamada and Mills.  Both are fairly well prepped, with perhaps Mills off slightly in energy but not enough to factor in.

Hamada is the more skilled in three of the four primaries and comes in on a three fight winning streak.  Mills and his team will claim to have also turned it around with back to back wins recently after having run off five losses in a row.  Hamada is typically a decision fighter while Mills goes for the big KO which will make for an interesting battle this evening as we get the ball rolling on this event!

Donkey’s Pick: Hamada via Unanimous Decision

Hamada has only been stopped via (T)KO once in his career so given he has a slight skill advantage heading into this one I think we have to lean towards him being able to nibble and pick away during this fight to work for the decision.  However, if he slips up, Mills, has proven power and whatever spirit animal he’s channeling these days could pounce!

Undercard Bout #2: Light Heavyweights

Aboubacar Mandiang v Vinny Corcoran

Our second battle of the evening was looking to be a potentially close fought one between Corcoran and Mandiang.  They have very closely matched primary skillsets.  However, due to a serious lack of preparation by Mandiang (his energy is only at about 31%), expect this to be a very short-lived experience!

Mandiang will need to win this in the opening moments from the first bell to have any hope.  Even then, that energy issue is probably a death sentence in this fight, one he desperately needed to win after coming off a draw with Beddo li and two losses prior to that under former management.

Corcoran makes his Sucker Punch debut this evening and with former #1 and current #10 manager Giussepe Folioli at the helm he should make short work of this one!  He’s thrown down two TKO’s in his last three fights and has a history of finishes so I’m expecting one of those here.

Donkey’s Pick: Corcoran via TKO (Strikes)

Couldn’t agree with Hare more.  With Mandiang badly unprepared and Corcoran looking for a hot debut it’s safe to take a shot and say that this fight will likely be over before it reaches the three minute mark!

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Cassus Fett v Paulius Zurauskas

Up next we get a big boy battle between Zurauskas and Fett who are both fully prepared (unlike Mandiang in the last fight!) and evenly matched although with very different skillsets!

Zurauskas has the advantage in both areas of standup this evening and comes into this fight on a four fight winning streak!  He clearly needed a test and with Fett he’ll absolutely get one! Especially given that his recent history has shown a tendency to go for submissions and ground attack, which is an area he does not have the advantage in tonight…at least not on paper.

Fett is coming off back to back TKO losses but was on a roll prior to that with five wins over six fights to start his run here at Sucker Punch.  He’s a huge fan of the ground and pound which makes tonight’s battle intriguing.  Will he continue with that approach despite Zurauskas’ history of submissions?

Donkey’s Pick: Fett via TKO (Strikes)

This becomes a battle for position most likely as Fett needs the dominant position on the ground to work his strikes.  His skill advantage in both areas on the ground should give him the advantage he needs so I’m looking at either a TKO or submission finish from Fett!

Undercard Bout #4: Middleweights

Tyson Law v Leonard Nimoy

Law comes into this Middleweight battle tonight with a big advantage on the ground…but a disadvantage in preparation with both energy and morale off by a tad.  That’ll give Nimoy a bit of confidence as he heads the more prepared fighter and with a history of going for finishes on the feet…an area he has the advantage in tonight as well.

Nimoy comes off a win over Bruno Souppe, the second in as many meetings, but lost to Karter and Sirus Hall before that.  Those two losses ended a nice run where he’d strung together four straight wins and clearly the hope is to grab the ‘W’ here tonight to make it two in a row and the beginning of another longer run!

Law is not putting his best foot forward here this evening with the lack of prep.  Could that account for the loss to Karter earlier this June also?  Potentially, I’d have to look back in more detail but it does appear he came in at least a bit off on energy in that fight.  This is a trend that can be very damaging to a promising fighter’s career and hopefully will get turned around soon.  He’s a submission artist so he’ll want this fight on the ground asap…but will he have the energy…and the will…to get it there if the fight goes past the first round? 

Donkey’s Pick: Nimoy via TKO (Strikes)

Have to give the nod to Nimoy on this one for coming ready to get at it.  He needs to either keep it off the ground or have worked on his ability to get back to the feet if he wants to survive though!  Or just end it fast!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweights

Herve Cabrera v Red Crow

Clearly our Lightweights have come to play as we get to the final contest of our Undercard here at SPPS 157!  Both Crow and Cabrera are prepped and ready, promising the fans a great fight!  Nice.

There’s really no way to sugar-coat this one here.  Crow has been struggling since the departure of former manager Esiah Xavier and the transition to Team Power.  He’s 3-5 under current management and is coming into this fight on back to back losses and only a single win in his last five fights. He’s given up the matches in a variety of ways including KO, submission and decision so I think it’s fair to say that there is some confusion on direction and such between him and his team.  He’s typically a standup striker who will work both in and out of the clinch, but given how low a percentage of his headshots (which are the predominant attack for him) land, I have to question either his boxing, Muay Thai, striking or speed/agility skills.  Or perhaps he simply goes to one attack too often.  Hard to say really.

Cabrera has been a bit back and forth of late with wins typically followed by a loss within a fight or so.  He’s coming off a huge win over Man lii in early May though and this would be a great time to tack on a back to back.  Man lii is considered to be one of the short list of folks in Top Contender territory within the division and a couple key wins for Cabrera past that, as well as improved ranking, could catapult him right back into the contender race despite the mix and match history! 

Donkey’s Pick: Cabrera via Submission (Armbar)

Crow will have to do his best to keep this fight standing tonight…or finish it early…to have a shot.  Cabrera is very good on the ground and will work the ground and pound while keeping an eye for submission opportunities.  This will be a long, frustrating night for the fighter who can’t dictate where the fight takes place this evening!  I’m thinking Cabrera grabs the advantage.

Donkey and I are taking a quick break and we’ll be back with the Main Card within the next hour or two!

Main Card Bout #1: Middleweights

Karter vs. Zhao II

12414b4b04271c3a965fbf68e74ad6e6.png

Main Card here we go!  Zhao gets back into action here tonight as he takes on the Red Jesus himself!  Both are fully prepped, so let’s have a blessed fight!

Zhao put the past behind him to some degree when he started splitting wins with losses…which was a hell of a lot better than the 1-6 run he went on at one point here at SPPS!  He’s coming off an impressive ‘KO of the Night’ performance over Hall last month and with all his wins of late coming via finish via KO and TKO we pretty much know what he’s after this evening.

Karter has only dropped a single fight in his career…back in February to Tyson Law.  A fight he avenged earlier this month via first round KO at SPPS 150 that also earned him a ‘KO of the Night’ award.  Karter previously met Zhao back in December where he also won via KO…another ‘of the Night’ award winning performance.  He’ll look to do the same tonight while trying to avoid letting Zhao be the one to earn revenge this time around!

Donkey’s Pick: Karter via TKO (Strikes)

This could end up one of the most exciting fights of the evening and certainly appears poised to earn at least one ‘of the Night’ award.  The only question is, “Who earns it?”  Karter was in position for another tough ‘step up’ fight and Zhao can bring that to him despite the fast finish in their first meeting.  At the same time, if Zhao wants to find his way back to the top in the future, he needs to prove he can stop up and coming talent like Karter.  Until Zhao proves he can do that I have to pick Karter here.

Main Card Bout #2: Middleweights

21b7940f8c9054033ed3c7fc9efa722b.png

Did I say that the last fight to open the Main Card would potentially be one of the most exciting of the night?  Well, then perhaps we’re going to try to one-up them as we go here because Jukassa and Ainsworth bring a ‘must see’ factor to the card this evening!  Both are fully prepped, both are just about as even as you get in primary skills and both are within 3k of each other in MMAT registered ID. This is a great battle ready to take place!

Sairanix Lokren had Jukassa on the fast-track to fame and glory here at Sucker Punch!  He came in and scored three big wins to showcase his arrival at SPPS…one against former champ Jim Beam.  Then, after stumbling for just a brief moment against Matsuda, he ran off five straight wins over top talent which culminated in earning the belt with a win over then-champ Kiryu Kazuma!  Unfortunately, he was unable to defend and lost he belt to Shen Po in May and then failed to capitalize on a Top Contender rematch against Kazuma earlier this month.  A hard-hitting striker, he’ll be looking to pound out his frustrations a bit tonight in his quest to start back up the ladder!

If Jukassa would rather sit down and talk about his feelings and frustrations in a therapy session style bout, then tonight he’s found the right partner for a campfire in the middle of the cage.  Ainsworth knows everything there is to know about the frustration that comes with being “oh so close”.  He’s had three title opportunities here at Sucker Punch and has been thwarted each time by the likes of Machado, McGuire and Kazuma.  Granted, that is a who’s who list of the greats here in the Middleweight division for Sucker Punch, but it doesn’t make it any easier to swallow I’m sure.  Outside that, he’s also had other opportunities to get back to the championship fight that haven’t worked out (again, with Machado being one of those culprits responsible!).  Ainsworth can bring power to the cage and has KO’d opponents in the past but the vast majority of his career victories have been the result of elite technical striking with the judges’ cards being called upon.

Donkey’s Pick: McGuire via Majority Decision

McGuire has only been KO’d once in his career and that was via a crazy, nasty head kick from Kazuma back in March.  Outside that, it typically takes somebody who can bring the technical striking and best him.  Some have.  Many haven’t. Jukassa is typically a power striker but has won decisions over some of the best, including Kazuma!  I expect this one to go long and the result to be a VERY close one!  Jukassa and McGuire both have the ability to surprise with a big finish though if anybody lets their guard down this evening. ‘Fight of the Night’ in store here?!?

Main Card Bout #3: Light Heavyweights

d2a48c280cf73c6ba015ac25de98bea6.png

And it just keeps getting better and better folks as we ramp up towards the Main Events this evening!  Thai and Bolt are set to make some magic happen in the cage this evening as both pursue a Title Shot opportunity…and can earn it RIGHT HERE AND NOW with a win this evening!  The winner will face whoever is carrying the belt after July 1st when Izanagi challenges Dracul for the Light Heavyweight belt!

Bold holds advantages in both areas of standup this evening but Thai is an absolute beast and specialist on the ground with a knack for submissions regardless of opponents’ ground skills.  And both, as you would expect with all that’s on the line this evening, are fully prepared to give the fans everything they’re looking for tonight!

Bolt, also managed by Runt alongside his teammate Ainsworth from the fight prior, is sensational in boxing and wrestling with elite Muay Thai and a black belt in Jiu Jitsu.  He has only two MMA losses on his career…the first a split decision against Camara back in February and the second being in a Title fight against Dracul back in early May when he failed to capture the belt in his first title opportunity. A finisher in his early career through a couple QFC fights and his first fight against Orochi here at SPPS, Bolt has evolved into one hell of a technical striker and demonstrated those skills to the max when he downed the extremely talented Wallace Cobb via Decision in his last fight at the end of May! 

What more is there to say about Thai that hasn’t been said before?  Shape Shifter, manager of this submission beast, has led Thai to some amazing fights over his MMA career with all of those fights taking place here at Sucker Punch.  At 15-10, Thai hasn’t been able to find that dominant run he’d like to have mostly due to his approach being “all or nothing, submission or fail” for the most part.  He wins the occasional non-submission finish via decision, but those are far and few between and when he can’t get the fight to the ground and finish the fight often ends in TKO or decision loss.  He’s had two title fights earlier in his career that resulted in losses to my own Lamb and then Jacob Parker…and a few opportunities to earn his way back to the TF later but always falling just short.  Tonight is a huge test to see if he can take the next step against an elite striker.

Donkey’s Pick: Bolt via Unanimous Decision

These two will play a dangerous game with one another this evening.  Bolt is a technical striker with his recent approach to the cage but that presents a lot of time and opportunity for Thai to get the fight to the ground.  At the same time, it’s imperative for Thai to do so and if Bolt adds some power to his shots he could eat one that ends it!  I love this fight, and the one who wins will have very much earned a trip to the championship!

Co-Main Event:

Featured Heavyweight Bout

dc1b2151afb968a4e92b62f9149d7097.png

The first of two big Main Events at SPPS 157!  And, appropriately, both events bring the BIG BOYS to the cage!  This one will see Lampi, who stepped up from Light Heavyweight in April this year where he was the former multi-time champ, take on Demir Kocak for an opportunity to advance to a Top Contender battle!

Both men are fully prepared and while Lampi gives up a small advantage in Muay Thai this evening he’ll boast having the better wrestling, by a small margin and Jiu Jitsu.  But will that matter for this hard hitter?  We’ll see!  Lampi had seemed to run into a virtual wall at Light Heavyweight and was struggling against the likes of ONeill, Izanagi and Tribute, current top talents in the division.  He and management sat down to discuss strategy and must have decided that the Heavyweight division would potentially be a better fit.  That move seems to have paid off as Lampi has run off three straight wins at Heavyweight since the move!  And over solid competition at that, with the wins coming against Brazil, Haden and Conchobhar, two via finish. 

Kocak, much like Lampi, is another hard striker who now makes his Sucker Punch debut after previously spending time at Synchronicity (and Enigma, Combate, HFC and Madness before that!).   This man is well travelled and very experienced!  He finished his last fight at Syn over Johan Joestar with a highlight reel head kick that earned ‘KO of the Night’ hnors and there’s no doubt that the potential is there for this fight to produce another of those winners this evening!  But will it be Kocak or Lampi who experiences the smelling salts?!? 

Donkey’s Pick: Lampi via TKO (Strikes)

Kocak is being given the opportunity to earn his way to Top Contender status on a fast track, despite a draw sandwiched by two losses prior to the Joestar victory, due to his prior championship status at Enigma and his high ranking proving he’s fought tough competition.  But he’ll have to earn a title fight opportunity with a win here and an even bigger one over the waiting Wrecks if he wants the gold!  But the same goes for Lampi as it’s time to prove his worth at Heavyweight against the best…and you know both of these men are going to want it!  Let the firework show begin!

Main Event:

Heavyweight Championship Bout

5a4e7861273f20a82e2943afe8eeb261.png

THE MAIN EVENT!!!  And it’s a BIG one folks…HUGE…GINORMOUS even!  Yes, it’s the biggest and baddest event possible here at Sucker Punch Pro Series…the Heavyweight Championship fight!  Booooyahhhh, let’s get it boys!

Let’s jump straight to the defending champion…Noah Anderson!  Golden Finch found gold…hell, platinum…when he picked up and took on Noah Anderson four fights back in March of this year!  With the change in management, Anderson also made the move over to us here at Sucker Punch.  And was immediately thrown to the wolves due to his prior status as champ at both Byzantium and BBFC.  But the wolves didn’t know what they were in for…and Anderson plowed through both the future HoF’er Thoth Chontamenti and then a very, very dangerous David Jones…finishing both!  That earned him a title shot against a surprisingly dominant Will Wrecks and with it the gold upon dishing out yet another KO finish in the first round!  Yep…wow. 

Then, to put a cherry on top?  SURE…why not!  Anderson capitalized on the opportunity he snaked from Wrecks with that win…and I’m not just talking about the belt here at SPPS…but the opportunity that had been requested by Combate to have our HW champ come over and play with them at Combate 100!  With a title on the line.  Ahuh, you know happened…Noah came home with two belts in tow…both ours and Combate’s…dragging it along like some trophy carcass! Hahaha. 

Now comes the tough part…defending the titles!!!  Tonight he’ll attempt to pass the first test.  And Hero Shima is NOT a stepping stone in anybody’s testing process.  Shima is a two-time defending SPPS Heavyweight champ who knows how to get this shit done!  And trust me on this…he probably wants nothing more than to get back to another title fight with Wrecks coming knocking…a chance to avenge TWO losses to Will Wrecks that cost him the belt previously…and if getting that opportunity means prying the belt from Noah Anderson’s greedy fingers beforehand…you can bet he’s laser focused on doing so!  Since earning the belt here at SPPS the first time, Shima has only been defeated by two men.  Wrecks twice…and Haden.  He’s avenged that Haden loss.  He still has work that needs done. Anderson is in his way!  The belt is just a bonus this evening!

Donkey’s Pick: Anderson via TKO (Strikes)

The biggest question I have about tonight is, “What will Shima do…or try to do?”  Will he take this fight to the ground where he is more than capable to get away from Anderson’s striking?  Will he stand and throw with Anderson to prove he’s the better of the two?  That’s the huge variable in this battle tonight and may determine the entire outcome of this amazing battle we have lined up!  For now, I cannot ignore the fact that Anderson went to Combate and defeated their best to hold two belts at the moment.  And that is no disrespect to Shima. He’s that good and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come out on top either!  THIS is going to be fantastic folks!

We’re all set for SPPS 157 at the Wombley Arena in London this afternoon folks!  It’s coming in just under three hours and I’m amped for all the fun and I hope you folks are too!  I know it’s a bit of a hop, jump and either a flight or a swim to get there, so if you can’t be there with us be sure to catch all the action LIVE on our fabulous THREE HOUR PPV tonight!

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series style!

• Upvote 4

Hello guys. I am new to this universe and I would like to say that I admire the work you all are doing here.

I'm also looking to make some connections and hopefully learn more about everything along the way. If there's any employment for a guy like me here, hit me up so we can talk about it.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Diavolo said:

Hello guys. I am new to this universe and I would like to say that I admire the work you all are doing here.

I'm also looking to make some connections and hopefully learn more about everything along the way. If there's any employment for a guy like me here, hit me up so we can talk about it.

Cheers!

I'd say aim to fight the best haha start with Mr. Pickle hes the heart and soul of SP and then aim to have your fight reviewed by Risa.... At which point you will have won the game 😅 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Diavolo said:

Cheers!

I'll message you directly to see what you're looking for in more detail and determine if we can work something out.  Thanks for asking.

1 minute ago, kfuhrer said:

I'd say aim to fight the best haha start with Mr. Pickle hes the heart and soul of SP and then aim to have your fight reviewed by Risa.... At which point you will have won the game 😅 

Hilarious!  Donkey is mildly amused and offended at the same time! 🤣

• Upvote 1

On 6/29/2022 at 1:45 PM, kfuhrer said:

Lets be honest every one is here to see Mr. Pickle SPs living legend!

Mr. Pickles cant stand on the same lilypads as the real former SP legend, King Kong Kongsangchai, and That's only because after Akara Kongsanchai's incredible record here of 3-15 from SPPS #1-116, the real legend was ousted but managed to cook the books hard enough that he's demolishing CFC at 4-0 and making paper all day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SPPS158-Poster.png

Btw Sucker Punch fam...I didn't get this one uploaded fast enough because the day/time change for LA caught me off-guard...but we have a HUGE one coming tonight with TWO big title fights on the line and a who's who of warriors on the ticket!  Can't wait to work on the preview which I'll do as soon as I get home today and hopefully have it out a couple hours before the event!!!  Stay tuned!!!

SPPS158-Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 158

Hey folks, Hare Rumpler here along with my pal and co-host, Donkey “Dan”!  We’re getting ready to jump right into SPPS 158 which kicks off a big weekend of two Independence Day, Fourth of July Weekend in the States events as we spend time in Los Angeles at the Colliseum!

I’m not going to really spent a lot of time blabbering here in the intro because time is short and I know the folks who are fighting on the Undercard would rather see some details on their fights than have me go on and on here up top!  Just know that we’ve got TWO huge Championship fights on the card this evening to close out the night but that the fights leading up to those are just as likely to have some epic and memorable action that will electrify the West Coast and leave the fans chattering for days!  Just the way we like it!

Now, let’s jump straight into a word from our sponsor and merchandise partner and then get to the good stuff folks!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes?  If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement.  It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Heavyweights

Kevin Shinnie v Earnie Shavers

We get things going tonight with a big rumble from the Heavyweight division!  And I wish I could say they were both prepared to give us their very best, but unfortunately that’s not the case.  Shinnie is coming into this thing with just over half morale which is going to make him having the drive to succeed a bit of a stretch.  Advantage…swings to Shavers in this one!

Shinnie does have the skill advantage in everything but Muay Thai tonight.  Will he have the will and drive to make good on it though? Typically Donkey will tell us “no” when they come unprepared, but that isn’t always the way it goes.  Nuff said for Shinnie here, you don’t come prepared you don’t get much said! 

Shavers needs a win here and he won’t mind one bit if Shinnie throws him a bone by coming unprepared!  He lost his last battle against Zurauskas via an armbar submission but had two wins before that over Nowak in a QFC battle and Alzado via TKO in his SPPS debut.  Overall, he’s only had three wins over his last nine fights and that’s where a bit of desperation has to come in.  He’s more a decision fighter than otherwise, but he has won via KO and submission finishes in the past as well.  If you ask me, he probably needs to figure out what his strengths are and start rolling with them as the career progresses along here. 

Donkey’s Pick: Shavers via TKO (Strikes)

Shavers has to get the nod due to his preparation and Shinnie’s lack of it.  That said, Shinnie is a power-punching KO artist and Shavers has to be very careful about the way this fight starts out.  If he lets Shinnie come out strong things could go sideways real fast!

Undercard Bout #2: Welterweights

Malcolm King v Rick Segura

The remainder of our Undercard will have not one, not two…not even three…but FOUR Welterweight battles in a row!  Dammnmmn!  Welterweights showin’ up baby!  Segura will have an immediate advantage tonight in this one, at least in Donkey’s eyes, as he comes fully prepared while Malcolm King is down on energy by about 32%.  That’s a disgraceful way to come into the cage for an official fight and I’m really disappointed we’ve had two fighters unprepared over our first two contests tonight!

Kelly McGrady has a lot of faith that Segura has what it takes.  That said, he’s been hiding it really well lately as he’s lost six of his last seven fights making this one more or less a MUST WIN!  So I suppose it’s a really nice offering by King to come into the cage a bit exhausted!  Segura, all kidding aside, does have what it takes and early in his career he was a TKO machine.  But he seems to have lost his way after losing to Demetrius Jackson to close out 2021 and has only managed to find his way back into the win column once this year, against Rurikovich two fights ago in early May.  Yes, via TKO.  Wake up Segura, you’ve got this buddy!  Get after King and show em how the TKO is done baby!

Nothing to say about King here.  Ya’ll know I hate lack of preparation and there’s a reason he’s lost four of his last five.  And two of his three here at Sucker Punch.  He’s already sitting at a 2500 ranking and if he loses tonight it’s almost a guarantee he’ll be cut from his contract a fight early.

Donkey’s Pick: Segura via TKO (Strikes)

Segura prepared.  King not.  Nuff said.

Undercard Bout #3: Welterweights

Tytus Aleksy v Bald Martin

Our second of four straight Welterweight battles will give you two warriors who are probably going to be about as closely matched as any others you’ll see tonight!  Martin has the slightest of edges in all but Jiu Jitsu but more or less these two are square.  And both are prepared outside Aleksy’s 10% deficit on energy.  Something that could come into play here!

Martin has won three of his last four fights including a very nice decision over Mister Lee early in June in his last fight.  This man will pull off the occasional TKO finish but many of his fights come down to the scorecards.  There’s really not an approach that this man won’t take to laying down some strikes…he’ll do it in the clinch, out of the clinch, on the ground, you name it, whatever it takes!  He’s a solid kickboxer and when it gets to the clinch it’s not usually his doing but he’s proven, as he did against Hunt a few fights back, that he’s more than capable there.

Aleksy came into Sucker Punch under new management with Dan Bill and had his hair on fire for a bit…running off a win over Linewood in his debut and then three more wins after dropping one to Christiano.  The last win he had over Barbosa was especially impressive and earned him a title shot here in the Welterweight division.  However, the bright lights and pressure seem to have gotten to him as a loss to Wagner in the title fight has been followed by two more losses to Curtis and Sinclair to make it a trio that he’s dropped over the past three months.  He needs a win to turn things around and get back on track!  Coming with energy off, even a small amount, is not the right foot forward though.

Donkey’s Pick: Martin via TKO (Strikes)

Aleksy can switch things up from one fight to the next between fairly pure boxing or going heavy into the clinch depending upon his opponent.  Tonight he won’t have an advantage in Muay Thai or wrestling so we might end up seeing a lot more of him standing and trading shots at range.  Will Martin decide that tonight might be a good night to work the ground and pound?  We’re going to find out!  This is a tough one to call and as such, I’m going to go with that energy thing even though it’s not a significant issue for Aleksy overall.

Undercard Bout #4: Welterweights

Leroy Jinx v Abdul Rahman

Alright, our third of four Welterweight contests here and our next to last fight before we close out the Undercard!  Both men are fully prepared which is very nice to see considering the way things have gone to this point tonight!  And, I think in the prior fight I mentioned they might be as closely matched as you get?  Well, I was wrong…these two are probably as closely matched as you get, with only a sliver of an edge for Jinx in wrestling marring the line down their skill trees!

Rahman will be the more experienced fighter this evening but that experience also includes back to back losses coming into this evening’s fight.  Prior to that, he had run off four wins in a row upon joining Sucker Punch and looked to be heading straight to a title shot!  Nova Lankinen had other plans though and stole that opportunity for himself after a win back in May over Rahman and in an attempt to get right back on track Rahman fell victim to Matsuzaka the following month this past June.  Both finishes via TKO and KO.  If there’s one thing of note in Rahman’s history it’s that he tends to win via decision frequently, but losses do seem to come when others get to his chin.  He showed that he had strong cardio early in his career, but that could have covered up other intangibles to be found.  I’m thinking a granite chin wasn’t one of those things that was covered up.

Jinx is a three-time Welterweight champion…both here and at BBFC and Blaze before us.  That said, he’s had a bit of trouble defending the belt and appears to be developing a bit of a tendency to bleed as his career progresses.  The last time he lost the belt was to Matsuzaka in March here at SPPS and that was via a doctor stoppage.  He then lost last month to Mason Jones in similar fashion.  Jinx has aspirations to work his way back up into Contender status but a few wins in a row will be needed to make that happen. 

Donkey’s Pick: Rahman via TKO (Cuts)

Much like Rahman, Jinx has a tendency to see fights go long and to the scorecards.  But does he need to start focusing on finishing more often due to that ‘Bleeding Diathesis’ issue?  If this fight goes long, I worry that that comes into play.

Undercard Bout #5: Welterweights

Itchy Sinclair v Baldomir Barbosa

Our last fight on the Undercard and our last of four straight Welterweight showdowns!  Both men are nicely prepared…thank god…and the advantages will be Barbosa’s Muay Thai against Sinclair’s Jiu Jitsu.  Maybe.  Not sure if that’s the way they’ll game plan, but technically those are the advantages…on paper.

Given some inside information I personally have due to my membership in the Yabai alliance, I know that there is a very real possibility that this may be Barbosa’s last hurrah with Slick Gunderson at the helm.  Especially if he loses this evening.  And life hasn’t been easy for Barbosa of late as he’s lost three of his last four and his last two coming into this fight.  All via decision.  Including the one win.  And that’s a big change from his early career when Barbosa used to win with power striking and the ability to do some serious damage.  But every time this man gets close to earning a championship fight he tends to come up just short and misses the opportunity.  He’s had a solid career…just one where he’s lacked the ability to really get a good run going for an extended time.

Sinclair’s fortunes have been trending in the opposite direction.  He’s won four of his last five including his last two prior to tonight’s fight. Those two were after joining Sucker Punch so he’s perfect so far under our umbrella!  If he can win tonight, he will earn a Top Contender battle and be one step away from making a run at the belt!  But the worst thing he could possibly do is to overlook Barbosa, who can be as dangerous as they come especially given what might be considered desperation mode time!  Sinclair has the Jiu Jitsu advantage as we mentioned and he’s won two of his last five fights via differing submission maneuvers.  Expect him to want to use that advantage tonight to not only play to his own strength but to avoid standing with Barbosa!

Donkey’s Pick: Sinclair via Submission (Armbar)

This is probably the only submission on the entire night that I’m calling and therefore a very good chance that maybe we’re looking at the “Sub of the Night” winner here if he can pull it off!  But Sinclair would seriously have to focus as Barbosa has not been submitted since his very first test fight way back in the day!  Those who try to take him down have historically found a nasty punch in the mouth waiting for them…one that usually leads to ‘LIGHTS OUT!’

Main Card Bout #1: Featherweights

Baptiste vs. Joseph II

d65ea64d830add2d4e6a24f6e76db8de.png

Into the Main Card we go and with the opener we get a rematch between Joseph and Baptiste!  The last time these two Featherweights met, back in October last year, there was a belt on the line and Joseph came out on top for the first and only championship fight win of his career.  That win was a majority decision and these two are so closely matched in skills that you can almost count on another war this evening!

Joseph sputtered a little bit after failing to defend the belt that first go round.  The loss to Sitsongrit in the defense was the followed up by a loss to eventual champion Chulalongkorn who has become a thorn in Joseph’s side as he also thwarted Joseph in his second shot at gold just a few months ago in April. A win over Cleon Wright last month has Joseph back to getting the job done via his favorite method, KO finishes and there’s no doubt he’ll want to do the same again this evening if possible.  But with Baptiste, you know technical striking is going to be on display and it may be necessary to also plan to win with the judges should a finish not come.

Baptiste is also a former champ here in the Featherweight division at Sucker Punch…and not just a former champ, but a two-time former champ.  So we’re opening up the Main Card here with two big names within the Featherweight division at Sucker Punch!  Typically considered a technical striker by many, myself and Donkey included, Baptiste has the ability to finish, something he’s done much more often than we typically give him credit for.  During his run under the management of Laz Staz he’s actually split his wins at 7-7 for finishes versus decisions. 

Donkey’s Pick: Baptiste via Split Decision

The big question…what will these two go for tonight against another dangerous striker?  Will we have another big drawn out affair that comes down to a close one with the judges or will one of these two take matters into their own hands this evening?  Baptiste has been on fire lately with three wins in a row leading into this contest and for that reason I have to lean towards good ole ‘Mo’ kicking in to help out here!

Main Card Bout #2: Heavyweights

dec4519c713b41f9e0e311f2c65c0135.png

We’ve got two of the big, big boys here at Sucker Punch all lined up and ready to get at it in this next battle...er, well, sorta, for the most part!  Fuentes is actually just slightly off on morale, although only a sliver, but a little bit more on energy…maybe about 10%.  That’s not significant, but when you look at these two and the way their skills match up on paper it almost screams for any possible advantage that can be a difference maker.  Sometimes, even slight preparation issues can be that factor!

Matti makes his Sucker Punch debut with us this evening after manager Marky Mark brought him to SPPS from Enigma.  He was doing well there in their Super Heavyweight division as he comes in to SPPS with back to back wins and four in his last five fights. The last win from May was against somebody we know well here at Sucker Punch, former SPPS standout and ground specialist, Derwent Bolt!  One thing fans have to look forward to with Matti joining the Heavyweight division is potential fireworks as he is a big time finisher in his fights.  Actually, only two fights in his career haven’t been finishes, both decision losses, with another loss coming via submission in an early QFC fight that hardly matters.  Every other fight has resulted in a KO or TKO, with many more in his favor than not!

Fuentes came into Sucker Punch highly touted with a ton of expectations sitting on his shoulders last month.  Perhaps that was a bit too much pressure and perhaps it was also a bit too much to put on one guy…or perhaps bad luck just kicked in…because he ended up dropping his debut fight with us to Hero Shima.  Via TKO stoppage due to cuts.  Yeah, that kinda bad luck.  That said, he has a history of losses due to cuts with three in his last four fights and at least four more earlier in his career, one while at SMASH and three more while over at PANDA prior to his stay at Enigma in between.  It’s fair to say that bleeding out is a serious concern for this kid.  The good news?  When he isn’t losing via cuts he very often is leaving his opponent to be woken back up by an offering of smelling salts from the trainers!

Donkey’s Pick: Matti via TKO (Cuts)

We’ve got two hard-hitting monsters heading into the cage this evening here in this matchup and it’s safe to say this one ends in one of two ways! Either KO…for one or the other, hard to say which…or cut stoppage.  Fuentes has to pray that he can end this one with his fists because if this fight goes past the first round or two it’s highly likely there’s going to be some bleeding with his opponent dishing out some brutal shots in return.  That’s probably a bad thing for Fuentes’ fortunes in the cage tonight.

Main Card Bout #3: Light Heavyweights

fd6ad381af028a152f7d9f067804773a.png

Our third fight of the Main Card, and last before the two Main Events, is basically an ‘of the Night’ award waiting to happen!  Both fighters are fully prepared with gas tanks full and confidence galore and, aside from Jiu Jitsu where Tribute has the advantage, very evenly matched in skills. 

Averyanov has won five of his last six fights and heads into the cage tonight with back to back wins over Beddo li and Kuznetsov. A win here this evening would propel him into a Top Contender battle, potentially against the winner of Grigorian/Robinson or possibly Cobb if he were to win his next fight.  Averyanov has a granite chin, so it takes something special to really get to it.  And not many have!  Only Victor Veidt and Devin Ecker, two very hard-hitters, have ever done it.  Outside that, this man only seems to struggle against submission specialists…or, should I say, “specialist”…meaning that Wille Thai is a real thorn in this man’s side as he’s the one fighter who has taken him out twice via submissions.  And yes, those four losses account for the very few L’s on this man’s record!  Other than that, this man is a striking fan’s dream and will bring the pain to his opponents!

Tribute will not be one to back down from a striking challenge!  He will, however, try to get an opponent into the clinch and cut their ass!  Well, maybe not their ass, but you get the idea.  He’s been on the precipice of ultimate greatness several times over his career, first with Checkmate and then twice here at SPPS but has been unable to close the deal on the belt.  Including most recently last month when he missed his third title opportunity against Radu Dracul in a Decision loss.  Tribute doesn’t care for decisions…not one bit…with the vast majority of his losses having come from them but almost every win over his career coming via KO or TKO. 

Donkey’s Pick: Tribute via TKO (Cuts)

Needless to say, an opponent like Averyanov who will stand and throw hands is right up Tribute’s alley!  With the loss to Dracul, he needs to win a couple before getting back into a Top Contender battle, but a win here would definitely accelerate that process!  But as Hare mentioned, Averyanov himself is one step away so there’s a ton on the line for both of these fighters tonight.  Neither will want to give an inch and I suspect the loser is going to be left wondering what just happened and when is the fight going to start once they wake up!  However, I’m going to go for the sneaky pick here…and call cuts instead!  I just have a feeling that Tribute is due to dish some out and that Averyanov’s chin may leave him in there long enough for that to become a possibility!

Co-Main Event:

Light Heavyweight Championship Bout

Dracul vs. Izanagi II

ca6d4a4ac56891808bcd396ffcba165d.png

Our Co-Main Event of the evening brings us our first of two Championship battles tonight!  This one for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Light Heavyweight Championship!  It’ll also be a rematch between challenger Izanagi and defending champ Dracul!

The last time these two met was just back in April and that fight was also a Title Fight…the one that earned Dracul the belt for his current run as champion and ended Izanagi’s hold on the gold in his very first title defense!  It was also the first and only time we’ve seen Dracul pull off a submission for the win in his career, something that likely shocked Izanagi and his camp as much as it did the rest of us.  Since then, Dracul has defended twice successfully, both Unanimous Decision wins over first Ryan Bolt and then Tribute last month. A couple more defenses and Dracul could very well find himself listed among the greats in Light Heavyweight history here at Sucker Punch and up for HoF consideration in the future…but all of those possibilities depend upon his focus on the defense this evening against Izanagi!

Izanagi will want some revenge here, no doubt.  Not only is there gold on the line, but there’s a bit of pride on the line as well most likely as he’ll want to flip the script on the last meeting with Dracul.  He’s got two back to back wins coming into this fight which earned him the shot again and five wins over his last six…with only the title fight against Dracul marring that run.  Aside from a highlight reel head kick over Devin Ecker back in March which earned ‘KO of the Night’ honors, most all of his wins have come via Decision over this recent run.  As have most over his career.  

Donkey’s Pick: Dracul via TKO (Strikes)

If Izanagi wants to survive against Dracul tonight he’ll want to stay off the ground, out of the clinch and able to strike from range to score points!  Doing all of that over FIVE rounds is no easy task though, so he’s going to have to be laser focused this evening to pull it off!  I have to think that once these championship rounds are introduced the advantage may swing to Dracul and his style tonight though.

Main Event:

Middleweight Championship Bout

Machado vs. Kazuma… IV

084c1445845e95c6c754e1602382434b.png

Yes, you read that headline right folks!!!  This Main Event Middleweight Championship fight tonight will be…no, not the first…not the second…hell, not the third…but the FOURTH meeting between Kazuma and Machado!!!  Two of the absolute GOATs of the Middleweight division here at Sucker Punch Pro Series!

These two champion and former champions literally have SIX title runs between them…four for Machado who is on his fourth run as champion now and two previously for Kazuma!  What makes this even more dramatic and interesting is that one of Kazuma’s prior runs was stopped by Machado…and TWO of Machado’s prior runs were stopped by Kazuma! 

The first time these two met Kazuma stole the belt with a vicious first round KO!  The next time, Machado snagged the belt back by returning the favor with a first round TKO of Kazuma.  Third time out?  Yep, it had to get crazy, right?  Sure enough, doctor stoppage with Kazuma turning it into a bloodbath and getting the TKO over Machado late in the first.  These two don’t really need championship rounds when they fight!  This thing may be scheduled for FIVE big rounds but my guess is it’ll be over long before that…and it’s just a matter of who pulled one over on the other this time around!!!

Donkey’s Pick: Kazuma via KO (Punch)

These two have waged wars for the ages back and forth!  Machado lost the first meeting, won the second and then lost the third.  So what happens now?  Does the pendulum swing back and even the score?  Or does Kazuma pull it off a THIRD time and end yet another of Machado’s runs as champ?  The excitement and energy is on full tilt for this fight folks, if you miss it, you’re…well, insane!  Kazuma is a killer with a big time punch.  Machado is the man with the unbelievable intangibles that just help him find a way.  This is a tough pick…but I’m going with the trend that Kazuma may have Machado’s number when the belt is on the line!

We’re all set for SPPS 158 and all of Los Angeles is about to know that Sucker Punch Pro Series is in town to kick off the big Fourth of July Holiday weekend!  If you can’t be there with us be sure to catch all the action LIVE on our fabulous THREE HOUR PPV tonight!

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series style!

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Oldbones said:

Mr. Pickles cant stand on the same lilypads as the real former SP legend, King Kong Kongsangchai, and That's only because after Akara Kongsanchai's incredible record here of 3-15 from SPPS #1-116, the real legend was ousted but managed to cook the books hard enough that he's demolishing CFC at 4-0 and making paper all day.

This feels a bit like a challenge. Two greats going head to head... Akara "King Kong" Kongsangchai (357613) returns only to be silenced by the Master Pickle. Only person with wins in 4 divisions. Who knows maybe one day wins in all weight classes. Pickle Punches and Pickle kicks.....Hell maybe even a submission the Picklebar (you figure out what that is). Make it happen Hare! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kfuhrer said:

Highway robbery in the Sinclair match even the announcers called for him the take the fight 30-27 and some how he drops a majority decision....Ouch.

Not gonna lie...I was shocked with the outcome.  I myself probably would  have lost my shit if it happened to me, haha!  

1 hour ago, kfuhrer said:

This feels a bit like a challenge. Two greats going head to head... Akara "King Kong" Kongsangchai (357613) returns only to be silenced by the Master Pickle. Only person with wins in 4 divisions. Who knows maybe one day wins in all weight classes. Pickle Punches and Pickle kicks.....Hell maybe even a submission the Picklebar (you figure out what that is). Make it happen Hare! 

LMFAO!  Considering some of his guys have suddenly done better away from SPPS (aside from Kazuma who is killing it) my guess is it may be tough to lure him back over! That's certainly true for Kong who has been on fire at CFC!  And good for him, I never could understand why he just couldn't put it together here...was the strangest thing.  But I'd be all up for a two way loan or something, haha!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

All I can say is WOW Sucker Punch Fam!!!!  If this isn't our new high rating and PPV sales, it's damn close to it!  What a friggin' HUGE way to kick off the big holiday weekend!  WTG bringing it for a huge event folks!

c5ef36cb4d1b7793670c401879520063.png

Hmm, seems like last time Kazuma fought around a month ago something similar was said, I wonder, there must be some link somewhere....

5 hours ago, kfuhrer said:

You think you can go toe to toe with the world champ? This the real SPPS BMF fight right here you can keep your fancy names to yourself "picklebar" psh we lnow the ole' dicktwist when we see it. Sign the contract and see how Mr. Pickle fairs against Kongs Muay Thai substyle kick-kicking, its a kicking dominant style.

4 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Not gonna lie...I was shocked with the outcome.  I myself probably would  have lost my shit if it happened to me, haha!  

LMFAO!  Considering some of his guys have suddenly done better away from SPPS (aside from Kazuma who is killing it) my guess is it may be tough to lure him back over! That's certainly true for Kong who has been on fire at CFC!  And good for him, I never could understand why he just couldn't put it together here...was the strangest thing.  But I'd be all up for a two way loan or something, haha!

Kazuma needed to do his redemption arc for the biopic in 4 years where he loses it all merely getting silver in the Olympics and so shaken in confidence he loses title by decision only to smash faces one more time 3 weeks later. As for Kong set up the cross promo, he'll rip that pickle in half. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

All I can say is WOW Sucker Punch Fam!!!!  If this isn't our new high rating and PPV sales, it's damn close to it!  What a friggin' HUGE way to kick off the big holiday weekend!  WTG bringing it for a huge event folks!

c5ef36cb4d1b7793670c401879520063.png

Hmm, seems like last time Kazuma fought around a month ago something similar was said, I wonder, there must be some link somewhere....

5 hours ago, kfuhrer said:

You think you can go toe to toe with the world champ? This the real SPPS BMF fight right here you can keep your fancy names to yourself "picklebar" psh we lnow the ole' dicktwist when we see it. Sign the contract and see how Mr. Pickle fairs against Kongs Muay Thai substyle kick-kicking, its a kicking dominant style.

4 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Kazuma needed to do his redemption arc for the biopic in 4 years where he loses it all merely getting silver in the Olympics and so shaken in confidence he loses title by decision only to smash faces one more time 3 weeks later. As for Kong set up the cross promo, he'll rip that pickle in half. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

No need for a loan. All Lord Diz requires is snacks, preferably something with hydrogenated oils. And make sure they're puffy. The Diz loves eating the puffy. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DeadDisney said:

No need for a loan. All Lord Diz requires is snacks, preferably something with hydrogenated oils. And make sure they're puffy. The Diz loves eating the puffy. 

In that case lets give the SP fans what they want the two BMFs. As you know Hare I'll sign any fight for Mr.Pickle and well this one just sounds like a blast 

• Upvote 1