Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

1662475407SPPS180_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 180

Hello to all our Sucker Punch fans worldwide…and especially over in the UK…as we’ve got a whole bunch of fun action coming at you from the Wombley in London this evening for SPPS 180!  I’m Hare Rumpler and as always I’ve got my sidekick and analyst, Donkey “Dan” here with me to bring you a look ahead at all the excitement in store!

Now, no titles on the line this evening but certainly plenty of action packed energy anyways!  The Lightweights will be heavily featured on this card despite not being in the top two Main Events!  FIVE fights will see the Lightweights putting their stuff on the line including the very first two openers on the evening.  But don’t worry, we’ve got something for just about everybody…unless you’re a hardcore Middleweight only fan and then you’re out of luck this evening!  We’ve got a Featherweight bout between Dingleberry Jones and Anthony Merel at the midpoint of the Undercard as well as the first of two Welterweight contests fight after that.  The other Welterweight showdown will be the Main Event of the evening between elites Mason Jones and Leroy Jinx who are right smack near the top of the food chain in the division.

Light Heavyweights and Heavyweights will also be represented tonight as the LHW battle between Nig Nig and Willy Mataitai will open up the Main Card and then the Big Boys will really get at it as Heavyweights Noah Anderson and Felix Inarritu put the smack down on each other in the Co-Main Event!

Lots of great stuff on tap, so let’s get a quick word from our merchandise partner and sponsor and get into each fight in more detail!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition now brings you not only their amazing energy loss reduction supplements…now renamed to “Marvin Hagler Marvelous Energy Injections”, but also two new fantastic products!  For those of you out there looking to give the newest members of your stables a leg up in their conditioning and strength so they can truly get the most from their training and take less days off…well, Shadow Warrior also now has “ Sugar Ray Robinson Stamina Pills” and “Jack Johnson Muscle Bulk Powder”!  Truly Shadow Warrior Nutrition is your one-stop shop for all your high end training supplements!  Stop by today!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Lightweights

Anti Half Assed v Yusuf Mammadov

We’ll get things going with the Lightweights tonight with one of my own, Mammadov, taking on Half Assed.  What name!  If my kids were writing this preview there is no doubt there’d be comments about how this dude’s parents must have hated him or something and that his approach to being ready for tonight better not have resembled his name!  That said, it doesn’t appear to be the case, as both Mammadov and Assed are fully prepped, minus just a tad bit of morale for Assed. 

Skill wise, these two couldn’t really be much closer.  Mammadov may have a small edge in boxing and wrestling, but it’s maybe the smallest amount possible!  What Mammadov lacks versus Assed is a winning record…as he’s struggled along to a 7-7-1 run on his career and comes into this fight with three losses in a row.  It’s not hard to imagine that this is likely his last hurrah here at SPPS…in his first fight no less for us…if he doesn’t win.  Historically he’s a decision or KO guy with most of the important action taking place on the feet for him.  He has a submission from earlier in his career, but most have not gone his way.

Half Assed fought to a draw in his Sucker Punch debut early last month against Marchrius Rossi.  He’d carried back to back wins to us from CFC as part of the merger but was trying to forget about his run at RISE where he could have had more success.  Much like Mammadov, he finds himself in a position where a loss would likely put him over the 2000 P4P ranking threshold we’re working with these days, so a win is a necessity here.  How he goes about that will be known only to him and his team as he’s been able to claim the ‘W’ in every way possible in the past, including via submission with that black belt of his!

Donkey’s Pick: Assed via Submission (Armbar)

Mammadov just hasn’t shown the ability to figure it out lately and that lack of momentum could hurt him coming into what is essentially a “you’re fired” battle for the loser.  Half Assed has had more recent success and significantly more experience.  He should be able to translate that into a win here this evening.

Undercard Bout #2: Lightweights

Moe Lester v Repus Revorg

So the first Lightweight battle this evening included one of my own kids.  Here in the second of back to back Lightweight contests we get one of my former kids, now led by Don Xyel, going up against Moe Lester! Both are about even in experience but Revorg will have a significant advantage with his Jiu Jitsu.  What he’ll give up is the energy advantage as Lester is fully gassed up but Revorg is coming in about 10% off.

This will be Revorg’s first fight under new management.  Only the second manager he’s ever known as he was with me from the beginning all the way up through late July this year.  After three losses in a row and a submission on the ground, an area that’s supposed to be a strength for him, I’d finally seen enough and decided that perhaps he needed a new set of eyes to get him on the right track.  We’ll see if Don Xyel can change his fortunes this evening and also get a glimpse into what different instruction he may give Revorg.  Being that he’s under new management he’ll probably get a little more rope than most do with ranking as it sometimes takes a fight or two for a new manager and fighter to gel.  That said, a win over the next two fights is important.

Moe has been struggling along on his SPPS run to date.  He’s 3-4 at SPPS and that lack of consistency has left him precariously close to the 2000 P4P line in the sand we’ve informally drawn.  He needs this win tonight as much as Revorg does to move up the ladder and further from the bubble!  Typically a striker who goes for finishes, it’ll be interesting to see how he fares if Revorg takes this figh to the ground.  He’s never been submitted over his career…could tonight be a first?  Or will he strike first and strike hard, no mercy!? 

Donkey’s Pick: Revorg via Submission (Kimura)

Xyel is a solid manager and Revorg has a ton of raw skill, I know that.  So I think that perhaps he turns my boy around and gets the win tonight.  However, if he does, it’ll have to come likely via decision or submission.  A submission would be slick considering Lester has never fallen that way. He better be on guard for Lester’s wickedly heavy hands though!

Undercard Bout #3: Featherweights

Anthony Merel v Dingleberry Jones

Well, halfway through the Undercard here and the train of either current or former fighters of mine continues!  Jones was with my camp to start his career…wayyyyy back in the day…and has gone through three other managers since then.

Jones’ current manager, Gunnar Pleysa, was having a heck of a run of success over at CFC for a while but then hit a very rough patch with four back to back losses before the merger that has now brought Jones to us for his SPPS debut.  More or less a pure striker who uses a ton of boxing and occasional feet mixed in, Jones tends to win via decision or finish.  Unfortunately, the same can be said for his opponents and that’s been the issue over the last four fights as he lost three of them after the judges were called in and one via TKO against Guilherme Goncalves in July.

Merel is safe…for the moment…from potential contract cut due to hanging around the 1600 P4P range and a loss here would likely not push him over the 2000 line.  That said, he’s gone 1-3 over his last four and has accumulated a total record here at SPPS of 2-3 so far.  He needs a win considering that three of his last four fights at HFC were also losses.  He grabs wins in any way possible…submission…KO…decision…whatever it takes!  Unfortunately, he also takes losses in a similar manner. And lately more of them than wins.  Perhaps tonight he turns all of that around!

Donkey’s Pick: Merel via Submission (Armbar)

Wow, I’m calling for a lot of submissions to start out the card this evening!  And given we’ve only had one, maybe two or three at most, on any given card recently that’s probably a stretch and means I’m probably not going to like the results of my picks this evening!  However, I do feel that Merel has had a bit more consistency of late and given his Jiu Jitsu advantage this evening I could see him laying a sub down on Jones.

Undercard Bout #4: Welterweights

Thomas Hearn v Rick Segura

Moving deeper into the Undercard here and we’ve got the first of our two Welterweight battles tonight ready to go!  Segura will have the Jiu Jitsu advantage this evening while Hearn carries a Muay Thai edge into the cage when these two face off.  Both are prepped and ready to get at it so the fans should get a great one! That’s what we like to see boys!

Segura has fought his entire career…minus one little QFC test fight early on…with us here at SPPS.  Which pains me to say that he’s very much on the ropes tonight contract wise.  He’s hanging just over 2000 P4P and we’re pushed into a situation where we HAVE to cut down some of the bottom of the roster in each division to stay viable as an org finance wise.  So, unfortunately, this is again, much like many of the early fights this evening, a ‘do or die’ situation for Segura.  Segura can certainly strike toe to toe but he very much enjoys getting the fight to the mat and then working the nasty ground and pound stuff.  He’s good about getting the points he needs to win with the judges…at times…but more often when he wins it’s via TKO or KO.  He needs to find one of those tonight, because as we said his run over the second half of his career so far has produced a 2-7 record and that’s just not going to cut the mustard.  Wow, I just used one of my grandfather’s old phrases!  I’m old…

Hearn came into Sucker Punch all gangbusters and shit!  Three wins in a row to start out including one that sent my own boy Valentine spiraling into the darkness of despair and losses!  With all that, he earned a shot at the cream of the crop in the division and a chance to prove if he was ready to be a Top Contender with us.  Losses via decision to Bissainthe and Mere Con showed that he’s likely close, but not quite there yet.  Hearn goes heavy on the kickboxing and he can turn things back around tonight but to do that he’s going to have to be able to control where this fight takes place and keep Segura from gaining the top position on the ground!

Donkey’s Pick: Hearn via Unanimous Decision

I think Hearn likely has the edge and a path to victory here tonight but there’s no guarantee at all and this will likely be a hard-fought one that goes a full three rounds!  If Segura gets this to the ground it’s a game changer and Hearn’s chances of winning decrease dramatically!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweights

Conspiracy Theorist v Akara Kongsangchai

We’ll close out the Undercard with a fantastic matchup at Lightweight!  Kongsangchai has a tiny, tiny advantage in Muay Thai which is countered by Theorist’s just as small advantage in wrestling.  Both men are more or less fully prepped and ready for this trip to the cage, minus a small amount of energy for Theorist which won’t be recouped prior to the fight with only four hours to go.

Kongsangchai struggled…for god only knows what reason…here at Sucker Punch through the large majority of his career.  The kid literally had all the skill and promise in the world but just couldn’t find a way to win with consistency…or even the majority of the time. Then he moved to CFC for a change of scenery and suddenly I started to feel like I’d done this boy wrong or something.  He lit it up over there!  FIVE wins in a row and suddenly Kongsangchai found himself on the fast track to contendership!  WOW!  What a turnabout!  That’s when things got interesting with the merger between SPPS and CFC kicking in…just prior to that announcement Edward Mills, the pickle man himself, decided that these two “legends” needed to get at it!  So…Kong went up to Welterweight and took on the Sabretooth one himself…and knocked him out in 30 seconds to thrill the fans here at SPPS with his return!  The question…was that just a procedural win over a struggling Mills…or is Kong prepared to continue his newfound success with a return to Sucker Punch?  We’ll find out tonight!

Theorist had been stringing together some quality wins at CFC prior to the merger and looked to be on the fast track to contendership.  But his debut here at Sucker Punch was marred by a loss last month via TKO to Cobain, a first round finish that Theorist and his camp would probably love to have back.  Theorist has proven he can finish in the past and also dish out some abuse in the clinch.  However, his recent fights have seen a move towards aggressive, technical boxing where he just chip away at the opponent for points.  He has a chance to prove that HE is the one further along the ladder towards contender tonight if he can dispatch Kongsangchai. 

Donkey’s Pick: Hearn via Unanimous Decision

CORRECTION HERE:  This was meant to be "Theorist via Unanimous Decision", I need to be more on the ball folks, but it resulted in some really funny commentary to follow! Hahaha.

I expect this to be a striking battle and it’s going to come down to whether they both come out swinging hard or if Theorist decides to try to pick apart Kongsangchai…if he can.  As Hare mentioned, we’re going to find out which of these two can drive further up the ladder while pushing like competition down a bit.  A bit opportunity for both fighters here in a battle that should be a great way to finish off the Undercard and prep our fans for the rest of the fights this evening!

A short break here and then Donkey and I should be back within an hour with the rest of the fights on the Main Card this evening!

Main Card Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

9c546421a30a78672318b0cb4f5daee5.png

Well folks, Donkey and I are back in action here as we hit the Main Card and we’ve got our sole Light Heavyweight matchup for the evening set to go between Nig Nig and Mataitai.  Nig will have small advantages boxing and with his Jiu Jitsu…and even the smallest edge in wrestling.  Mataitai has a definitively better overall record and was on track for a quick title fight upon arriving at SPPS but unfortunately lost his debut last month.   Both fighters are gassed up and confidence on high, so hopefully the Main Card opens up here with a fight as good as the last on the Undercard should be!

Nig lost his debut last month via decision to Izanagi putting him in a similar boat as Mataitai in terms of his initial go here at SPPS.  His P4P ranking is still solid at under 1000 so he’s nowhere near the bubble line of 2000 P4P we’re going with at the moment…but four losses at SYN prior to a win under new management prior to his start here at SPPS certainly makes a win something his camp has to be very, very hungry for.  Confidence and determination tonight…or tightness and desperation?  Only his performance in the cage will answer that question!  He’s very bit a kickboxer and we’ll see if he can use those skills to get the ‘W’ over Mataitai tonight.

As mentioned, Mataitai was on a good roll with two wins at HFC and then an opening loss in a title fight at CFC followed by two more wins making his run prior to joining SPPS 4-1.  The loss to Averyanov last month squandered the chance to go straight to a title fight here so he and his camp likely have focused on staying mentally tough, coming in with a winning game plan and putting a few together to regain the opportunity.  He’s a former champ from (B)BFC so he knows how to get it done but given his loss during the first defense he also knows how tough it can be at the top.  He’s a heavy boxer who will mix in some clinchwork if necessary.

Donkey’s Pick: Mataitai via TKO (Strikes)

Really, REALLY tough one to call here!  We’re likely going to get a standup battle but with different styles in play.  Mataitai has seen a slightly higher level of competition over his run and come out with a solid record, so I’m leaning towards that as a chance for him to grab the victory here tonight.  But as I said, this fight is anybody’s for the taking!

Main Card Bout #2: Lightweights

516a081f302e880a66e0b84dcd56df17.png

We continue with the Lightweight battles here tonight with our fourth of five for the division.  River will have tiny…TINY…advantages in boxing and Muay Thai here while giving up the ground advantage to Crenshaw who has a bit of an edge in wrestling and a brown belt over River’s purple in Jiu Jitsu.  These two are the most prepared of any pair I’ve seen tonight as both energy and morale are about 100% for both heading into this contest!  Love it!

Ever since the loss of the Lightweight Championship close to a year ago now River has been on the verge of making it back to the title fight.  But it’s that last step in getting past the current potential Top Contender/gatekeeper that’s been holding him back.  First, after two solid wins, it was a loss to Sukulaku back in April.  Then, after a three fight winning streak he fell short against Furioto last month in another potential bid to earn a title shot.  Can he restart the process with a win over Crenshaw this evening?  It’ll take his best striking and probably a finish to do so!

Crenshaw appeared to have new life after a management change to start the year. He ran off three straight wins both at DMMA and then two at CFC.  Stumbles against Horiguchi and a red hot Kongsangchai held him back some but a final win over Funaki at CFC prior to the merger and then a debut win here at SPPS over Mcgee have got him right back on track!  A capable striker going toe to toe, Crenshaw prefers to get up close and personal in the clinch so we may see a battle here to see if he or River can dictate where the fight takes place tonight…slow dancing or swing style!

Donkey’s Pick: River via TKO (Strikes)

Another absolutely fantastic matchup here tonight and these fights continue to get tougher to pick as we move along…just the way it should be! Given trends, I’m going to lean toward River to start rebuilding here…but I like both fighter’s chances in this one and am pretty confident this doesn’t make it to the judges!  Possible ‘Fight of the Night’ or ‘KO of the Night’ honors here?  Very possible!

Main Card Bout #3: Lightweights

4d4f18510b80230dddec172f2ea535ed.png

Our last Lightweight bout of the evening, the final of five, will feature two of the very best in the division!  Ho Joy, who came into the org after the merger as an immediate threat for title contention, feel just short but now faces the former champ and future HoF’er in Logan!  Logan is looking for this fight to propel him back into the title fight so Ho Joy has his work cut out for him!  Their skills are AMAZINGLY well matched but Ho Joy comes in a little off on morale, likely still a little distraught over his last loss?

Do Ho came into SPPS as part of the CFC merger and was the reigning CFC Lightweight champion.  As such, he was guaranteed an immediate chance to earn the title here at Sucker Punch and took on Mister Mediocre, SPPS Lightweight Champ.  That ended with a mid-second round KO via head kick that I think Do Ho Joy still may not quite remember! Against Frankie Logan, the GOAT for the Lightweight division to this point, he’ll get a chance to not only show that he’s the future but perhaps make a statement that greats like Logan are part of the past?  That’s a tough statement to make, so Ho Joy has his work cut out for him! Ho Joy is typically a finisher on the feet but against Logan he’ll be fighting one of the best at scoring points and earning decisions.

We’ve said everything there is to say about Logan in many of these previews previously.  He lost the belt to Mediocre back in June…so perhaps that’s something that he and Ho Joy can bond over and perhaps become besties in the cage tonight?  Probably not!  With a win over top talent in Yip Man lii late in July, Logan bounced right back and has gone 5-1 over his last six.  A win over Ho Joy undoubtedly makes him the immediate challenger for the title.  If he can avoid waking up to smelling salts!

Donkey’s Pick: Logan via Unanimous Decision

Logan’s just incredible when it comes to finding a way to gather points and last through five rounds so you have to think that he’ll look at three rounds as a cakewalk.  That may not be quite so simple against the likes of Ho Joy but I have to tip my hat towards him out of respect.  That said, Ho Joy can have everybody questioning whether Logan’s best days are behind him if he can win this one tonight and earn the title shot for himself!

Co-Main Event:

Featured Heavyweight Bout

671fc646ac7e2a8b7a26950afcecb751.png

There are a bunch of guys in the Heavyweight division right now who realize that there’s an opening at the moment with no clearly defined Top Contenders immediately behind Pedro Fuentes who fights for the title next!  As such, you can get that those who envision themselves as “next up” will be jostling like mad and looking for big wins over the next two weeks to impress and make their bid! 

Our Co-Main Event features two of the best in the Big Boy division with Noah Anderson clearly in line for a title shot if he can put two together and make it 5-2 over his last seven, which includes losses of the belt both here and at Combate.  Those are the only two losses over his run with both current and former managers in Crazy Horse and Golden Finch respectively. A big win over Wrecks, former champ, showed that Crazy Horse clearly knows exactly what he wants to accomplish with Anderson as it took only fifty-seven seconds in the first to lay down a highlight reel KO!  Anderson wins and loses by the same sword, KO or bust…so…

Inarritu lost to the current champ in Ben Slam midway through August last month via a nasty KO midway through the first.  Some are questioning whether that was a fluke and just a punches lucky shot, or whether Ben Slam, who continues to be dominant at the top of the heap as the BMF in town right now, simply did what he does?  Inarritu can hearken back to the five fights leading up to that from CFC prior to the merger…where the was the reigning champ upon coming over to SPPS…and claim that he’s the real deal and it’s just a matter of time.  He’s very much a KO artist as well, just like Anderson, and in the same vein he also tends to fall…on the rare occasion…to the same approach.  So…

Donkey’s Pick: Anderson via KO (Punch)

Why do you keep leaving us hanging with these “so….” Comments tonight here Hare?  SOOOO…yeah, we might have a WAR on our hands here and some serious powder about to explode when these two collide in the Co-Main Event!  Look for a finish…these two won’t be playing patty-cake games with each other this evening!  Being that Anderson proved he could win two belts back to back with to different orgs I’m going to give a slight nod in his direction here…but know this people…this…if you came for any fight tonight…should be one your ass is at your seat for!!!

Main Event:

Featured Welterweight Bout

0015b301d49f298a2fce63bdda17073a.png

Our Main Event this evening may not be a title fight but it’s going to be FIVE ROUNDS nonetheless!  Well, maybe, if it makes it through five!  Jinx lost to Jones back in June via cuts and apparently that stung a bit.  I’m not gonna lie, communications that have come to me from my staff have left me forgetful of who requested this rematch, but I know it was eagerly requested…not only that, but it was specifically stated that they wanted it to be five rounds…more time for pain, more time for gain I guess?  You be the judge of that.  Let’s just hope it’s not more time for bleeding!  Wait…oh, you guys are sick, you’d like that wouldn’t you!

Jones had won five in a row after showing up at Sucker Punch following a run at CMMA.  He was sending a message to the entire SPPS world that he was not here to toy around and continues to take out bigger and badder opponents one after the other including Bass, Fuller and then Jinx!  He got his title shot after that win over the former champ Jinx…but found that Konrad Wagner’s technical striking was too much to overcome even over five rounds as Wagner danced his way to a decision victory and retention of the belt.  Jones was able to shrug that loss off and came back with a vengeance to KO Darry Curtis last month and now looks to set himself up for a Top Contender battle if he can dispatch Jinx a second time!

Jinx has plenty of titles over his career at Welterweight, having won the belt at BBFC, Blaze and SPPS.  What he’d love to do is to also show he can defend it successfully here at Sucker Punch as he lost the belt in his first defense here last time to Matsuzaka.  Over his past four fights he’s dispatched all of the middle to upper tier challengers he’s faced in Barbosa, Rahman and Lankinen.  But Jones was a thorn in his side and found a way to tap into the cuts he saw Matsuzaka take advantage of in that title defense.  Jones can finish fights…and has recently. 

Donkey’s Pick: Jones via TKO (Cuts)

Maybe Jones needs to do that same thing tonight with a good finish in order to avoid a long drawn out war that ends with more blood?  He can win via decision as well, but it’s fair to question if he can last five rounds for a decision against a heavy striker like Jones!  I don’t like the longer fight for Jinx unless he finds that finish early.

Alright folks, we’re hoping that the left coast is ready for an explosion of action and excitement at the Wombley in London this evening!  For those who can’t make it, we’ve also got a fantastic THREE HOUR PPV with the best quality production money can buy all lined up for you fine folks!  Can’t wait to get the action going!

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series style!

• Upvote 4

Amazing job Hare, you picked the correct result and also the exact finish/method in the co-main and main plus a few others. In a bit of a conspiracy theory moment though, Conspiracy Theorist's fight was predicted as a Hearn UD. I was expecting some shenanegans with Hearn coming back out from his fight just before, to sucker punch the guys in this next fight to earn the UD (again) in a fight he wasn't even in! What drama that would have been.

*bustling noises*

13b6.jpg

"Why would you name me:" Nig Nig

"Hold on brother, let me get to the mic. This Donkey fellow can't be that good a pundit. He said it'd be close. He said I'd lose. Brother, Willy's last win came against a guy that dodged my teammate Julio in the last days of CFC. The only way his competition could be considered stiffer is because they're stiff from being knocked out by bums!

I do congratulate him on wins against baby Randleman though, and also one over my other teammate Tommy Dubs. Tommy, like me when I obtained a lot of my losses, was under different management at the time. But look at him now! Winning big fights in Syn as a massive underdog - I can't tell you what a difference this new camp has made.

Shout out to another brother in Noah Anderson. Huge win today against a top guy. Innaritu is a top veteran who just dominated CFC right to the end. I hope he continues to keep fighting because he's only lost recently against the current champ and the past champ. Speaking of this champ stuff though, it's time to get Noah that title shot. Slam or Fuentes can get it. My pick is that Slam might win, but if Fuentes does, don't you guys dare run it back. Noah is next and will beat them both in due time!

N out!"

*mic drop*

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Daudy said:

Amazing job Hare, you picked the correct result and also the exact finish/method in the co-main and main plus a few others. In a bit of a conspiracy theory moment though, Conspiracy Theorist's fight was predicted as a Hearn UD. I was expecting some shenanegans with Hearn coming back out from his fight just before, to sucker punch the guys in this next fight to earn the UD (again) in a fight he wasn't even in! What drama that would have been.

*bustling noises*

13b6.jpg

"Why would you name me:" Nig Nig

"Hold on brother, let me get to the mic. This Donkey fellow can't be that good a pundit. He said it'd be close. He said I'd lose. Brother, Willy's last win came against a guy that dodged my teammate Julio in the last days of CFC. The only way his competition could be considered stiffer is because they're stiff from being knocked out by bums!

I do congratulate him on wins against baby Randleman though, and also one over my other teammate Tommy Dubs. Tommy, like me when I obtained a lot of my losses, was under different management at the time. But look at him now! Winning big fights in Syn as a massive underdog - I can't tell you what a difference this new camp has made.

Shout out to another brother in Noah Anderson. Huge win today against a top guy. Innaritu is a top veteran who just dominated CFC right to the end. I hope he continues to keep fighting because he's only lost recently against the current champ and the past champ. Speaking of this champ stuff though, it's time to get Noah that title shot. Slam or Fuentes can get it. My pick is that Slam might win, but if Fuentes does, don't you guys dare run it back. Noah is next and will beat them both in due time!

N out!"

*mic drop*

This is absolutely fantastic stuff!  I went and made a correction note on that fight for Donkey's pick, that's funny as hell though and would have been some real WWE shit!!!  I can only imagine the grievances my office would be dealing with within 24 hours had Hearn gotten involved! LOL!!!  Noah is up next btw...barring some sort of freak draw or something between Slam and Fuentes!

And damn, I have to stop being in such a hurry.  I need to go back and re-read my shit a bit going forward because I can't believe how many typos I had in this last preview.  It was actually hella embarrassing!

sds.thumb.jpeg.fa36c73df4e00775906408523259e0b8.jpeg

Matt Lawrence: Heeeeeeelloooooooo everybody! This is Matt Lawrence with another episode of The Lawrence Minute, which today is going to be more like The Lawrence Hour! Yes, today we're here with a different proposal, so instead of the usual pre-fight interviews, we'll be bringing you MMA freaks the preview of the Sucker Punch Pro Series 181 event! I am honored to have by my side today the MMA enthusiast and youtube celebrity, Luke Palmer!

Luke Palmer: Thank you, Matt. SPPS 181 is a card that promises to be very interesting and will rock the LA Memorial Colossuseum, here in Los Angeles. Some very interesting bouts, crowned by a title fight in the main event!

Matt Lawrence: Indeed, Luke. Before we go any further, we would of course like to thank the sponsor of this event and the SPPS organization, Shadow Warrior Nutrition! Make sure to visit their website and look for your nearest store, as the quality of the products is guaranteed. Now, without further ado, let’s get down to business!

1662656581SPPS181_Poster.png

Undercard Bout #1 – Rockwell Mcgee v Luigi Bonifacio

Matt Lawrence: Ok! SPPS 181 kicks off with a rematch in the welterweight division, between Rockwell Mcgee and Luigi Bonifacio. “Lanky” Bonifacio is an MMA veteran, 37 years old, going to his fourth fight at SPPS and facing for the second time a much, much younger “Rocky” Mcgee. How do you think this one is going to play out, Luke? Will Luigi get his revenge?

Luke Palmer: Well, Matt, I honestly don’t think so. Of course it can always go either way, but I believe we will see something very similar to what happened in their first fight. Age weighs heavily against Bonifacio, and he’s very outboxed by Mcgee. Except for his wrestling being better than Mcgee’s, their other skills are pretty much even. And I don’t think his wrestling is going to be good enough for him to dominate the fight.

Matt Lawrence: So, who do you have your money on?

Luke Palmer: I think “Rocky” Mcgee wins this one by TKO. Although Bonifacio is coming from a win and has the highest morale, "Rocky" needs the victory and will enter this fight with a thirst for blood.

Undercard Bout #2 – Pablo Itzpapalotltotec v Montesh Dominguez

Matt Lawrence: Alright, the second fight of the night is between Pablo…Jesus Christ, this is one is difficult… Itzpapalotltotec. Yes, let’s just call him Pablo. As I was saying, this is going to be the fight between Pablo and Montesh Dominguez, another welterweight bout. In this fight, we won't have any significant age differences, which could make things even more interesting. These two have been on the SPPS roster for a long time, but will meet for the first time in SPPS 181.

Luke Palmer: Matt, both fighters also come very well prepared for this fight, with good morale and energy. Pablo is known to be the best boxer. He also has the best wrestling and is a BJJ black belt. The only advantage for Montesh Dominguez is his Muay Thai.

Matt Lawrence: Any guesses for this one, Luke?

Luke Palmer: Oh yeah, I think Pablo gets a win by split decision.

Undercard Bout #3 - Azacca Trounvouche v Imani Idowu

Matt Lawrence: Next fight coming up is the bout between “The Original Rude Boy”, Azacca Trounvouche and Imani Idowu. Both fighters are coming from wins, Imani knocked out Cleon Wright in his debut at SPPS and Azacca got a win by split decision, also in his debut at the organization, against Saggy Dinglestomper. How do you think this one is going to play out, Luke?

Luke Palmer: Well, Matt, Azacca is technically better in every department and he fights extremely well for an one-eyed man, but at the end of the day, I believe Imani has more KO power and will end up landing a big shot and ending the fight. What about you, Matt? You're too comfortable just letting me take all the guesses, eh?

Matt Lawrence: Hahaha, well, yeah, Luke, that’s why you are here, after all, but ok. I disagree with you and I believe Azacca takes this one. He’s more well-rounded, a couple of years younger…I think he wins this one by decision.

Luke Palmer: There you go, that wasn’t hard, was it?

Undercard Bout #4 - Violent Femme v Michael Aalto

Matt Lawrence: In the fourth fight of the night, we have a featherweight bout between Violent Femme, whom is undefeated in SPPS so far and Michael Aalto, whom, despite coming from some ups and downs, is a former SPPS Featherweight champion.

Luke Palmer: Matt, this is a very interesting fight, one of the most interesting of the undercard, in my opinion. Here are two names to watch out for, as I believe that soon we will be seeing at least one of them challenge the tops of the division, maybe even fighting for the belt. Who knows? The former champ, Aalto, certainly misses his old days of glory and the other guy, Violent Femme, is slowly carving his name into the organization. That being said, I don't expect this fight to be extremely exciting, but it will be a very technical fight and I believe it will end by decision, for either side.

Matt Lawrence: Oh come on, you gotta pick one.

Luke Palmer: Alright, I think Femme takes the win.

Undercard Bout #5 - Juan Christiano v Mareth Line

Matt Lawrence: Next, finishing the Undercard, we are going to have a fight between Juan Christiano and Mareth Line, in the middleweight division! Juan, who’s a former SPPS champion, is coming from a loss in his last fight against Manco Capac. Mareth is also coming from a loss, in the fight that was his SPPS debut, against Toussaint Bissainthe.

Luke Palmer: Why don’t you tell us how do you think this on will go, Matt?

Matt Lawrence: Sure, no problem! I think Juan wins this one, Luke. It seems he’s just more competent in every area; striking or grappling. Yeah, I think he wins, by way of knockout!

Luke Palmer: Great. I agree with you almost 100%, Matt, except I don’t think it’s gonna be easy and they’ll go to distance. To me, Juan takes this one, but by decision.

Matt Lawrence: Terrific! With that, we gloriously close the previews of the SPPS 181 undercard! Dear viewers, don't leave us, because we’ll be back soon with the main card previews! Stay tuned!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1580834358hare_today_gone_tomorrow_logo.

The odds are up folks!!!  Matt Lawrence and Luke Palmer have laid down their wisdom and now you can get in on all the action over at Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow! sports book!  Think you can take Donkey's money?  Well, he's not the one making the picks tonight, but it's his $$$$ on the line anyways!  Do you damndest and break him folks!!!  Let's have a blast!

https://mmatycoon.com/bookmakerpublic.php?bid=8544

• Upvote 2

sds.thumb.jpeg.dbfdf71f1667dd8a94f2526541e13aff.jpeg

SPPS 181 - MAIN CARD PREVIEW

1662656581SPPS181_Poster.png

Main Card Bout #1 - A. Mere Con v Seemah Feet

a65876a6e2d4bb26c3c8021fd9119f08.png

Matt Lawrence: Ok folks! We are back with the previews for SPPS 181. If you are just arriving, I’m Matt Lawrence and I have with me tonight Luke Palmer, trying to make the most accurate analysis and predictions! Coming into the main card, we start with a fight between A. Mere Con and Seemah Feet. A little background for this fight: Mere Con is coming from three wins in his last fights, two in the old CFC and one in his SPPS debut against Thomas Hearn. Seemah Feet is coming with a positive balance from his last three fights, with alternate results, that is, a win, a loss and a win again, the last fight being also his SPPS debut, against Bender Mein Armbach.

Luke Palmer: That’s correct, Matt! A. Mere Con is a fighter with exceptional boxing skills, which he uses very well inside the cage. He’s a fighter that normally uses a high volume of hand strikes and that rarely kicks, so if I had to give Seemah an advice, it would be: be careful with those hands! Seemah, in turn, has a ground game that I consider safer and more advantageous for him. In my opinion, the way to victory for Seemah is to close the gap and work on the clinch, or try to take the fight to the ground. That's exactly what Mere Con should avoid.

Matt Lawrence: But Mere Con is a BJJ brown belt and I’d say his wrestling skills are on par with Seemah’s, no?

Luke Palmer: Well, yeah, but somehow, Seemah is more comfortable than Mere Con on the ground. Their records shows it.

Matt Lawrence: Makes sense, makes sense. So, who takes the win in this one?

Luke Palmer: Matt, I honestly think it's going to be a very balanced fight. I believe both fighters and their respective teams will be very aware of the points I mentioned here and will be prepared for it. So my guess is that the fight will be decided on points, and Seemah takes the win. Probably a split decision.

Main Card Bout #2 - Wallace Cobb v Tank Tribute

71aa1d49a2ed75d5b7bf4a911a9c7c71.png

Matt Lawrence: Coming up next, we have the second fight of the Main Card, a battle in the Light Heavyweight division between Wallace Cobb and Tank “Weapon X” Tribute! I gotta say, Luke, this if my favorite division in the sports and we get to see a very interesting fight between these two!

Luke Palmer: Definitely, Matt. On one side, we have the veteran Wallace Cobb, who has presented irregular performances since his arrival in SPPS, with 2 wins and 2 losses. Even so, he is an extremely explosive and extremely dangerous fighter, with great firepower. Of the 29 victories he has accumulated in his career, 21 were by knockout.

Matt Lawrence: True, Luke. He is an extremely aggressive fighter. However, Cobb will not have an easy time against Tank Tribute. It’s quite the opposite, actually, I’d say! There is a huge age difference between the two, that will certainly weigh in Tank's favor. In addition, I would say that Tank has a record as impressive or even more impressive than Cobb's. 17 of his 18 wins have come from knockouts, so we can wait for a battle.

Luke Palmer: I agree with you there, Matt. It's also interesting to remember that Tank has already had two title shots in SPPS, one against John Fury and another against the current champion, Radu Dracul. Unfortunately (for him), he was not successful in either, but I'm sure the dream of being champion remains. My guess, Matt, is that Tank beats Cobb. I think the younger lion beats the older lion in a bloody battle.

Matt Lawrence: Interesting analogy there, Luke. So, knockout?

Luke Palmer: Knockout, definitely. These two will go into frantic striking. It's going to be an exciting fight to watch.

Main Card Bout #3 - Tanaka Matsuda v Penkosip Bizihwaile

2a3a7a0cd8c75a285aad119337def834.png

Matt Lawrence: Luke, looks like we have another great matchup in SPPS 181. The third fight of the main card is a fight for the Middleweight division, between two fighters that come packed in victories from their last fights, with morale in the heights! Both don't know what it's like to lose in the last three fights, but unfortunately one of them will remember the taste of defeat tomorrow night. I’m talking about Tanaka Matsuda and Penkosip Bizz...Bizihwaile!

Luke Palmer: Matt, you know what's going to be interesting about this fight? Their game doesn't match. Let me explain: Tanaka is the better grappler. He has the better wrestling and the better BJJ, that is, all the tools for the ground game, to look for a submission. In fact, I think we can say that he is an expert in this department, as he has made 12 dudes tap in his professional career. That’s no ordinary number. On the other side, we have Penkosip, a man who never made anyone tap in his entire career, however knocked the hell out of 12 fighters. You see my point here?

Matt Lawrence: Of course, Luke. It won't be a battle to see who has the best striking or who gets the submission. It's going to be one trying to subdue the other within their specialty. Correct?

Luke Palmer: Perfect, that’s how I see it. It’s your turn to make a guess, Matt.

Matt Lawrence: Hmm. Ok. From what I've seen of Penkosip, he is a very active and aggressive standup fighter, as well as being very versatile. From his toolbox he takes punches, kicks, knees and elbows with equal ease. My guess is that Penkosip imposes his game and knocks out Tanaka.

Luke Palmer: I couldn’t agree more, Matt! Excellent guess!

Main Card Bout #4 - James Yarborough v Leyte Gulf

df1499ccb252372f70b86340cfb93c9a.png

Matt Lawrence: Alright! Fourth fight of the main card and penultimate of the night! In this bout we have two huge names of the Middleweights, James Yarborough and Leyte Gulf. Let’s bring a brief retrospective of these two, starting with James Yarborough. James was the CFC Middleweight Champion when the company was absorbed by SPPS. This, of course, led to a well deserved title shot in SPPS, facing Chip Nickel for the belt in his very first fight in the organization, which he ended up losing. Now, Leyte Gulf. Gulf is a well-rounded and very experienced fighter, coming to make his fourth fight in SPPS. In the last three fights, he managed to win two by decision, against Shen Po and Korben Dallas (his most recent one) and lost to James Hunt. What do you think of this bout, Luke?

Luke Palmer: Matt, a worthy fight to prepare us for the main event. This is going to be interesting. Overall, I believe the abilities of these two are fairly evenly matched and both come very well prepared for this fight. The fight will be decided in the details.

Matt Lawrence: Looks like you want to sit on the fence here, Luke.

Luke Palmer: Hehehe, ok, Matt. I think James wins this one by decision, maybe even a split decision, because that’s how close I believe this fight is going to be. I say more: I believe he will fight more sparingly, counter-attacking more and looking for accuracy more than anything else.

Matt Lawrence: Great, Luke. We are going to disagree on this one. The way I see it, Leyte Gulf is going to use his experience and knock James out.

Luke Palmer: It can go either way, really.

Main Card – Main Event - Radu Dracul v Jeremy Jones

3c64357f8274247550374463e50104c8.png

Matt Lawrence: Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for putting up with us for so long! If you are still here, we would like to thank you immensely. We are finally coming to the Main Event!

Luke Palmer: Matt, I haven’t been so excited for a fight in a long time, I’ll tell you that.

Matt Lawrence: Indeed, Luke! In the main event of SPPS 181, we will have the fight for the Light Heavyweight belt between the current champion, Radu Dracul, and the challenger, Jeremy Jones! The challenger, Jeremy Jones, has only one fight at SPPS, but he has such a strong name that it alone gave him his chance at the title! Jeremy is a veteran. 38 years old, he was a champion in many organizations, such as RISE and PFC, in addition to having come very close to becoming champion in others.

Luke Palmer: Matt, Jeremy has sent more fighters to the shadow realm than the current champ has in numbers of fights in his career. That’s the level of threat he presents. In addition, Jeremy is quite competent in all MMA departments. He’s an elite boxer and wrestler, brown belt in BJJ and his Muay Thai is sensational! He is a fighter who works very well both outside and inside the clinch and will certainly do everything to keep the fight on the standup. I don’t see him going for takedowns or allowing them at any point.

Matt Lawrence: Excellent, Luke. Now, Radu “The Handsome” Dracul, the Champ! 10 years younger than the challenger, Radu has been doing a simply dominant performance to retain his title. After taking the belt from Sora Izanagi, Radu has defended it an impressive 5 times, against Ryan Bolt, Tank Tribute, Sora Izanagi, Ryan Bolt again and Sammy Beach. He’s 14-3 on his record, always being very versatile on the wins, getting most of them by K.O., but also subs and decisions.

Luke Palmer: Matt, what Radu does is amazing. I've seen him discredited before, and I understand. Anyone who does a very theoretical analysis, looking only at numbers and so on, might tend to think that Radu is going to lose. In his last 5 fights, I saw experts saying he was going to lose, and I often agreed with them. Well, Radu always disagrees with the experts and somehow, he’s getting the job done fight after fight. It’s just amazing. He has certainly etched his name into the organization's history.

Matt Lawrence: I understand you perfectly, Luke. Radu’s grappling skills are unquestionable, but, although his striking is not of the highest level, he knows very well how to use the weapons available in his arsenal.

Luke Palmer: Exactly! He has more K.O.’s than Subs in his record! So Matt, I'm tired of discrediting this champion. I believe he will keep his belt and I'm rooting for that, actually. I respect Jeremy a lot, but even with all his experience and skill, I don't think he can beat Dracul.

Matt Lawrence: Very interesting, Luke. To be completely honest, I think Jeremy Jones has a good chance of stealing Radu’s belt tomorrow night. I venture to say that Radu has not had a challenge of such magnitude so far in his career and he’s going to have a surprise.

Luke Palmer: One way or the other, it’s definitely going to be a hell of a fight!

Matt Lawrence: That’s what we expect! Ladies and gentlemen, that’s it. These are the previews for SPPS 181. Please tell us what you think, if you agree or disagree with us, we want to know! Luke, thank you very much for being here with me tonight, I hope we can get to do this again soon. It was really a pleasure. For the audience, thanks for watching us and I’ll see you soon! Bye-bye!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

So Kong loses his follow-up match after beating the Legendary Mr. Pickle to an opponent he should have beaten. On the flip side Mr. Pickle fights an opponent with higher skills in every single area, who should have run him over but instead puts on an absolute 15minute fight of the night beat down.

This fight had blood, kicks to the yam bag, fighters getting rocked, Boxing, MT, grappling and all of the fans of SP on their feet. That's why Mr. Pickle is the man. Even if the fight is done in under a minute. Everyone is buzzing and excited.

Short highlight reel for everyone:

"Nice straight punches there by Mills. You know Roy Jones Jr respects the hands of Mills"

"Giannopoulos takes a shot right to the liver - Bas would have been proud of that punch."

"
CUT! It looks like Edward Mills has been cut."

"Mills scores with a three punch combo!"

"Danga de danga de dang - Mills scores with a four punch combination!"

"
Oooooooooooh, not good. A low kick from Giannopoulos lands where it shouldn't have, right in the... well, you know what he did? He kicked him in the penis. He's injured, injured bad. The referee sends both fighters to their corners and Mills has 5 minutes to recover. He's OK now though... a thumbs up from Mills and we're back underway with a touch of gloves."

"Mills connects with a slap. Keep your fist closed son. 
Giannopoulos is on the wrong end of a nice combination from Mills.
HE'S ROCKED! Giannopoulos is rocked!" In honor of Diaz!

"Fantastic stuff here - a very entertaining period of action, which has drawn cheers from the crowd." Total of 7 times this comment was made.

14232416879438.jpg

Mr. Pickle aka the Heart and Soul of SP. Hare get that bonus money ready for Mills :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1663338479SPPS_Poster_183.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 183

Welcome back Sucker Punch fans!  We’ve got a huge weekend of fights lined up for everybody over on the west coast of the United States this weekend with both SPPS 183 and SPPS 184 both taking place at the Los Angeles Colliseum over the course of tonight and tomorrow night! 

So to get us off and running I’ll be turning you over to none other than NatiBatti to take a close look at all the action set for this evening.  No title fights going tonight, but still ten full contests with representation by just about every weight class we have here at Sucker Punch! 

Some of these guys on the ticket tonight are trying to make that push up into the elite within their divisions and potential title shots down the line.  Others, honestly, are just doing their best to hang on and not drop or stay down below 2000 P4P as most know at this point that that’s the danger zone when it comes to retaining your SPPS contract!

So, let’s get a quick word from our merchandise partner and sponsor and get into each fight in more detail!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor, Shadow Warrior Nutrition, now brings you not only their amazing energy loss reduction supplements…now renamed to “Marvin Hagler Marvelous Energy Injections”, but also two new fantastic products!  For those of you out there looking to give the newest members of your stables a leg up in their conditioning and strength so they can truly get the most from their training and take less days off…well, Shadow Warrior also now has “ Sugar Ray Robinson Stamina Pills” and “Jack Johnson Muscle Bulk Powder”!  Truly Shadow Warrior Nutrition is your one-stop shop for all your high end training supplements!  Stop by today!

Now, let's get to it!

Fight #1- Ferreira-Alves vs Figg

Nati’s Take:

The first matchup tonight will be a welterweight bout between Felipe Ferreira-Alves and Benny Figg. Ferreira-Alves has a better win rate going into the match at 54% compared to Figg’s measly 43%. Not only that, but Ferreira-Alves had almost twice as many fights under his belt. These two’s skills match up pretty well but the odds lean slightly in Figg’s favor. Figg also has full energy and morale while Ferreira-Alves is missing a little of both. This is a tough one, but I think I will pick Figg to win this one via decision.

Fight #2- Kodjia vs Crewman V

Nati’s Take:

Fight number two will see Sammy Kodjia against Expendable Crewman V (a stupid name, if you ask me) in a heavyweight bout. Kodjia is a bit of a newbie here, having only fought in 6 bouts throughout his career, and he is against quite the veteran with Crewman V having participated in 59 bouts thus far. Despite this, Kodjia has a better win rate at 67% compared to Crewman V’s 51%. Their skills are pretty even across the board, with neither fighter standing out in any particular skill. Crewman V has full morale and energy while Kodjia is lacking a little in both. Overall, I think Crewman V has the advantage here so I’m going to pick him to win via TKO since that is what he has done the majority of the time.

Fight #3- Cruzeiro vs Nogueira

Nati’s Take:

Up next, we will see Julio Cruzeiro and Anderson Nogueira in a light heavyweight bout. Cruzeiro has more experience and a better win rate than Nogueira, so it’s looking pretty good for him so far. These two are dead even in every skill except wrestling, where Cruzeiro has the advantage with the “elite” status. Cruzeiro is missing a small bit of morale but has full energy; Nogueira is missing some of both. I would say Cruzeiro easily has the advantage here and is going to win this one, likely via TKO.

Fight #4- McFly vs Zambrano

Nati’s Take:

The fourth fight of the night will be a middleweight bout between Jonny McFly and Darwin Zambrano. McFly has a better record and more experience coming into this bout so he has the upper hand so far. However, that shifts when you take a look at their skills. The odds lean in Zambrano’s favor here, especially in BJJ where his black belt stands out against McFly’s purple belt. McFly is also missing more morale and energy than Zambrano so it’s not looking so good for him. I’m choosing Zambrano to win this one, probably by submission due to his BJJ skills.

Fight #5- Ribbit vs Ecker

Nati’s Take:

The final fight of the undercard will be a light heavyweight bout between Frog Ribbit (an epic name, if I do say so myself) and Devin Ecker. Ribbit, once again, has an advantage in both win rate and total experience. However, the skill stats lean in Ecker’s favor where he excels against Ribbit in both wrestling and BJJ. Both fighters have full energy and are missing about the same amount of morale, so that’s not really an important factor in choosing a winner here. Although it does seem like Ecker has an advantage overall, I don’t like his name as much as I like Ribbit’s so I’m going to go ahead and choose Ribbit to win this. I think he will do it via TKO, because why not.

365a35b03475110a0bce11cb3e4eb3a8.png

Fight #6- Xe vs Spong

Nati’s Take:

The first fight on the main card will be a heavyweight bout between Professor Xe (terrible name) and David Spong. I’m getting a little tired of saying this but Xe has a better win rate and more experience going into this. Their skills are pretty even and they don’t appear to lean in either fighter’s favor. However, Spong has significantly less morale than Xe, and the bit of energy that Spong has on Xe is not enough to cancel it out. So, I think Xe will win this one via TKO. If I’m right, there’s going to be an awful lot of TKOs tonight. Not that I’m complaining, of course. Everybody likes a good TKO.

df1d4bad99ab7ceee6c0f8f70c1614e8.png

Fight #7- Tulikoura vs Aleksy

Nati’s Take:

Oh, this is getting exhausting. But hey, at least we are in the home stretch now. Fight number 7 will be a welterweight bout (I hate welterweights) between Johannes Tulikoura (a pretty fun name) and Tytus Aleksy (also a good name). Both of these fighters are very experienced and have pretty similar win rates at 65% and 63%, respectively. Their skills are dead even across the board, so also will not play a factor in my decision. Both are also missing a little morale and no energy, so again we have a useless statistic. This is by far the closest matchup we’ve had so far tonight. So, naturally, I will be leaving it up to a coin toss. Tulikoura is heads and Aleksy is tails. Siri says… heads. Looks like it’s going to be Tulikoura. To the closeness of this matchup, I’m going to assume it’ll be via decision.

3e958f8b42e7a366557f190c4a045068.png

Fight #8- Fire vs Matti

Nati’s Take:

Fight number 8 will be a heavyweight bout between Spinning Fire (atrocious name) and Parta Matti. Unfortunately, Fire and his dumb name have a better win rate and more experience than Matti. These two are evenly matched in wrestling and boxing, but Fire has the advantage in BJJ and Matti in muay thai. Matti has full energy and morale while Fire does not. I’m picking Matti to win this once via TKO since that’s what he has done every time he has won up until now.

ddc65bb7d5a7f7af98cc8c3f72ecb3fa.png

Fight #9- Lentz vs Karter

Nati’s Take:

The co-main event tonight will be a lightweight bout between Leon Lentz and Jesus Christ Karter (for some reason this feels like an insult to Jesus himself, but ok). Both these guys are quite experienced and have close enough win rates at 68% and 62%, respectively. Their skills are pretty much the same, so there’s not much to judge on there. Both these guys have almost full or full energy and morale, so that’s not much help. Let’s just choose Lentz for no reason whatsoever, probably via decision because why not.

248fcb98d03a78979d16bc5b7598eb63.png

Fight #10- Farrokhzad vs Bickle

Nati’s Take: 

The main event tonight will be a featherweight bout (aka a skinny boy slap fight) between Bardia Farrokhzas and Tom Bickle. These two have almost identical win rates at 62% and 61%, respectively. However, Farrokhzad has much more experience to back him up. Their skills are pretty similar in everything except BJJ, where Farrokhzad has a big advantage with his black belt. Both men are missing about the same amount of morale and have full energy, so no new conclusion can be drawn from that. Farrokhzad will win this one via TKO. So many TKOs tonight if I’m correct, should be exciting.

And don’t forget folks…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Fight #3- Cruzeiro vs Nogueira

Nati’s Take:

Up next, we will see Julio Cruzeiro and Anderson Nogueira in a light heavyweight bout. Cruzeiro has more experience and a better win rate than Nogueira, so it’s looking pretty good for him so far. These two are dead even in every skill except wrestling, where Cruzeiro has the advantage with the “elite” status. Cruzeiro is missing a small bit of morale but has full energy; Nogueira is missing some of both. I would say Cruzeiro easily has the advantage here and is going to win this one, likely via TKO.

15253759248924.jpg

Julio "El Conquistador" Cruzeiro

"If it looks like my morale is down, it was probably because I was thinking about how I should be on a 3 win streak under current management, if it wasn't for that referee robbery against Tank Tribute. I'm still incredibly salty they stop a fight I'm clearly winning in all rounds for my 'own protection' with only a minute to go.

Rest assured, any real dips in morale are merely a rounding error on your analysis software. I change my clothes every single day. I have over 7500 tshirts and at least 1000 pairs of shorts. I'm always wearing fresh drip.

However, I wish to pass on my congratulations to Natti for their accurate prediction. Conquistador win by TKO it is!"

When asked about who he wanted next:

"Despite all my chat, I don't actually specifically want revenge against Tank Tribute or anything. At this stage of my career I just want to fight as often as I can. I will fight whoever is willing to fight me at the earliest opportunity possible pending medical clearance."

• Like 1

1636834755SuckerPunchOrg_Logo_Unrestrain

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 184

Welcome back all you crazed Sucker Punch fans worldwide!  We’re back in Los Angeles today for the second half of our weekend spectacular with both SPPS 183 and SPPS 184 taking place at the Colliseum this weekend!  Tonight, SPPS 184 comes flying at you fresh on the heels of SPPS 183 last night and Donkey “Dan” and I are set to take a look at each fight in detail!

Once again, just about all weight classes are represented on the card this evening but the really BIG stuff comes at the tail end as we finish off the card with a Light Heavyweight battle in the Co-Main sandwiched between two Heavyweight contests, the last of which is the Heavyweight Championship fight as the Main Event where Pedro Fuentes will challenge the champ, Ben Slam, for the strap!

Lots of great stuff on tap and not a lot of time to do it, so let’s get a quick word from our merchandise partner and sponsor and get into each fight in more detail!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition now brings you not only their amazing energy loss reduction supplements…now renamed to “Marvin Hagler Marvelous Energy Injections”, but also two new fantastic products!  For those of you out there looking to give the newest members of your stables a leg up in their conditioning and strength so they can truly get the most from their training and take less days off…well, Shadow Warrior also now has “ Sugar Ray Robinson Stamina Pills” and “Jack Johnson Muscle Bulk Powder”!  Truly Shadow Warrior Nutrition is your one-stop shop for all your high end training supplements!  Stop by today!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

Choctaw Bloode v Stefan Muller

We’ll kick things off with two Light Heavyweights who come to the cage this evening ready to get at it, energy good, morale good, check-check-check!  Woooooo yeah!  Top that off with almost identical primary skills across the board and THIS is the way you kick off an evening!

Muller comes into this contest off a bit KO win against Luther Jackson last month which certainly had to be a relief for his camp as it erased the potential three fight losing streak that was potentially looming.  Now, he and his camp will be looking to avoid getting into the close decision contests that plagued Muller during June and July and instead get back to the type of mojo that had him on a five fight winning streak that had extended from December into the good early portion of this year.  Muller can win via decision, make no mistake, and he did just that against Mardov and Nee over at Gamma Contenders…but more often than not it’s a solid (T)KO that gets the job done for Muller.

Bloode is in a situation similar to Muller’s…last month.  Meaning, he’s lost two fights heading into tonight’s showdown with Muller and both he and his camp, let by Ryan West, have to be laser focused on avoiding the trifecta of losses.  At a little over 1300 P4P ranking, he’s in no danger of contract issues but nobody wants to drop three in a row regardless.  His approach in the cage is very, very similar to that of Mullers…a lot of striking utilizing his boxing skills but also with kickboxing thrown in.  When necessary, both guys can move into the clinch and be effective, but you can expect a few more elbows from Muller than you’ll see from Bloode here.

Donkey’s Pick: Bloode via TKO (Strikes)

We’re starting things off with a very, very tough fight to make a pick for here!  I think perhaps Bloode and his camp come into this fight with a bit more urgency and desperation.  Add to that that they’ve faced slightly stiffer competition of late and I think they may have what it takes to get it done.  But given the matchup of styles here, this is really anybody’s fight!

Undercard Bout #2: Lightweights

Rebel Smith v Arriorus Adee

Smith will be off slightly on morale here as we roll into the second fight of the card.  He’ll also give up a small edge in boxing to Adee so at first glance here I tend to think that Donkey may lean towards Adee for this Lightweight matchup.  We’ll see!

Adee made his Sucker Punch debut last month and did so in fine fashion with a mid-third round TKO over Medieval Mercenary…and in doing so cost Mercenary his SPPS contract!  Ouch!  Pink slips on the line there?  Wow.  And that was the case, as the win put Adee below 2000 P4P at 1870 and gave him at least some breathing room and another chance to get in there and bring it down a bit more!  Tonight’s matchup is critically important to keep from slipping back down though so you know he and his camp don’t mind Smith giving them a couple advantages heading into their showdown tonight!

Smith is already over 2000 P4P and is coming into tonight’s fight on a three fight losing streak.  Which means…you guessed it…this is absolutely do or…well, maybe not die, but definitely “lose contract” if business isn’t taken care of this evening.   His last three fights have seen him lose in just about every way possible…decision, submission, TKO…so it’s understandable if he and his camp are in a bit of a tailspin.  That said, they are going to have to shake that off and come in with a serious game plan and the urgency to implement it!

Donkey’s Pick: Adee via Majority Decision

Smith can win in all the same ways he’s taken losses.  Decisions, yep, submissions, yep…and frequently…TKO or KO!  Yep.  Definitely.  But those haven’t come easily since his arrival at Sucker Punch and perhaps the step here from HFC and BBFC was just a bit more than he could chew?  Adee doesn’t typically fall to strikes…he has…but not frequently.  Decisions are another matter.  If Smith comes in focused on scoring points, he can make this a tough night for Adee.  But Adee has seemed to have his head on right over the past two fights and I have to lean towards him for this one, potentially via decision as well.  In a close fought one!

Undercard Bout #3: Lightweights

Koba Dvalishvili v White Rain

Dvalishvili and Rain are both coming into this Lightweight contest with tanks topped off and morale just about perfect…love it!  This is the way we want to see the boys come in fully prepared to give it the best shot, both for themselves and the fans!

These two are pretty well matched overall with the only exception being Rain’s black belt over Dvalishvili’s brown in Jiu Jitsu.  Now, with that stated, Rain hasn’t typically finished his fights on the ground via submission.  He’s made attempts when the fight has found its way to the mat but outside the win over Wilhelm Strauss at CFC back in June you won’t find any other submission wins. Or losses.  He gave it a pretty good go in his Sucker Punch debut last month against Red Crow though as he took the fight to the ground twice and tried 14 submission attempts.  Just couldn’t finish in the end and ultimately took the decision loss due to striking and points.

Dvalishvili will stand and strike and…especially against a stronger ground opponent…try to avoid having the fight leave the feet.  Which makes tonight interesting for him and his camp.  Rain may decide he likes his chances on the ground.  Dvalishvili very much likes to get into the clinch and so he can dish out a ton of the dirty stuff.  But…we all know the clinch is a dangerous place that can easily end up with both fighters on the mat!  So does he go with his typically game plan here and trust that he can control the clinch and keep it against the cage…or…does he step back and let the fists and feet fly? 

Donkey’s Pick: Dvalishvili via Unanimous Decision

Dvalishvili’s very good at winning decision battles but they typically are very dependent upon points earned while slow dancing!  So Hare’s questions are great ones as we head into this fight tonight and to me makes this fight one of the more intriguing ones on tap!  And this early…well, fans have to love that!  Rain will be very dangerous tonight if he can actually put it on the mat and maintain control.  If not, Dvalishvili may be in the driver’s seat for three rounds.

Undercard Bout #4: Light Heavyweights

Sol Fitzsimmons v Misak Grigorian

In our next to last fight of the Undercard, Fitzsimmons will come in with a slight bit of morale missing but not enough to likely factor in to a large extent. 

The edge Fitzsimmons does have in this Light Heavyweight battle is his brown belt over Grigorian’s purple one in Jiu Jitsu.  Now, having noted that, Fitzsimmons doesn’t typically go after his opponents on the ground and if it ends up there he’s a bit more focused on GnP, so Grigorian may be safe in that respect.  Fitz has a history of dishing out TKO or KO finishes or grabbing wins off points scored while striking at separation.  He came into Sucker Punch on a high note with three back to back wins but fell to what had to be a very disappointing knee…that he may or may not remember…in his debut last month.  Does he take that out on Grigorian tonight?

Grigorian has won three of his last four fights with the difference between himself and Fitz being that he’s coming in tonight off a victory last month.  Outside that, his approach to the cage is very similar to that of Fitzsimmons with perhaps just a bit more damage and ‘oomph’ behind each shot thrown.  Does that pay off tonight if he uses the same approach?  Or does he wear down and allow the fight to go to Fitzsimmons off points?  He’s only ever given up one fight via a decision, so Grigorian definitely knows how to push the pace and force his opponents to commit a bit more than they’d like…often with the result ending with the lights turned off for his opponent!

Donkey’s Pick: Grigorian via TKO (Strikes)

Going by experience and age, everything tonight screams that Fitzsimmons should be the pick here.  But I also have that spidey-sense tingling telling me perhaps a slight ‘upset’ in the making with the younger Grigorian pushing the pace and committing to this fight never reaching the judges…one way or another.  I’m going to lean into that hunch!

Undercard Bout #5: Heavyweights

Demir Kocak v Ali Amir

Two almost perfectly prepared Heavyweight gets ready to clash here as we close out the Undercard!  Amir and Kocak are about as prepared as you get energy and morale-wise so the clash of titans here should be an epic ending that gets our fans completely amped and ready for the Main Card!

The three year junior Amir will have an advantage in Jiu Jitsu this evening with his black belt over Kocaks’ brown one.  Does that mean he’ll be looking for the ground and a finish there tonight?  Hard to say.  He’s only pulled off one submission victory over his career so far and that was a QFC fight under Bradley Burns’ oversight two managers back.  Since joining the Gunner camp he’s been almost solely focused on his boxing with the occasional kicks thrown in just to keep the opponent off-balance.  That approach has earned him back to back wins under current management, both finishes with a KO over Zurauskas and most recently a TKO finish within the first minute against Expendable Crewman V.

Kocak has an extensive fight resume over his career at the age of 31 years old. He’s 1-2 since joining Sucker Punch and will be looking to even that record up at .500 if he can get past Amir tonight.  If Amir wants somebody he can step into the cage and bang with, well, he’s got the right dance partner this evening as Kocak knows how to bring bricks for fists!  It was my unfortunate displeasure to witness that in his last win two fights back when he pummeled my own kid, Manivong, sending him to la-la land just seconds into the second round!  Ouch.  With his ranking he’s in no danger of losing a contract any time soon but given the back and forth nature of his wins and losses over the last six or seven fights you know he wants to take on another ‘W’ and then start getting back to the consistency he saw at the tail end of 2021.

Donkey’s Pick: Amir via KO (Punch)

I’m not really sure who to pick here.  This is easily a tie for the most difficult fight to pick tonight so far.  What I can predict is that this fight never leaves the first round.  Not with these two hammer-wielding masses of humanity stepping into an epic clash!  So…let’s pull a NatiBatti and flip for it…only I use a good ole’ fashioned quarter, none of that Siri nonsense!  So…it looks like…tails!!!  Wow, we’re looking at the younger lion here potentially getting the win…and the method should be obvious…KO baby!

A short break here and then Donkey and I should be back within an hour with the rest of the fights on the Main Card this evening!

Main Card Bout #1: Welterweights

Darry Curtis v Jesse Custer

a00efcfc337094e78fdb205e96b8a059.png

Ok, we’re back and ready to finish up with a sprint through the Main Card here folks!  And first up for the second half of action tonight…our first and only Welterweight offering with Custer and Curtis set to throw down!  These two share a lot of letters…now let’s find out if they share a lot of skills as well?  Hmmm…yeah, um, I’d say so looking at that razor sharp straight line down the primary skills chart!

Custer has been on an absolute tear and at the pace he’s going you know he can sniff the opportunity to step into elite status within the Welterweight division and potential Top Contender status.  He’s got a six fight win streak going and if it weren’t for four of those fights prior to joining SPPS being QFC bouts he’d probably already be in contention.  But, those fights usually don’t hold quite the same weight in terms of opponent strength so he’s still got a fight or two left to put any questions behind.  His start with SPPS, two wins via KO and TKO over Hamada and Aleksy respectively have certainly helped to start removing questions about whether he can take it to the next level though!  All six of this man’s recent wins have come via KO and TKO finishes, so…yeah, he’s bringing it!

Curtis, led by Joe River, will undoubtedly bring the “next level” test that Custer’s camp is looking for.  But you have to be careful how much you bite off, as Curtis is a former SPPS Welterweight champ and, while he lost two fights recently before his win over Shock Linewood last month, he had a four fight win streak going prior to that.  He’s a dangerous, experienced fighter who knows how to handle himself in the cage…and if throwing some hands is what you’re up for…well, he does that just fine with the heavy majority of his fights ending in KO or TKO…for an against though. 

Donkey’s Pick: Curtis via TKO (Strikes)

Now…a caveat to what Hare said is that most of Curtis’ recent wins have been decisions rather than his old approach…so Mr. River may be trying to adjust his approach some as he ages and matures.  Does he come out looking for points tonight or will he stand and bang, toe to toe, with Custer?!?  I think that’s probably the biggest question about this fight.  Now, with that question in mind…I still think this is a battle that Custer has to figure out and overcome more than Curtis.  Custer could definitely take a huge step forward in his development and climb up the ladder with a win.  But I think it’s Curtis’ fight to lose.

Main Card Bout #2: Featherweights

Heller Cabrera v Jihadi Joseph

f722a8da9d1c2435c77b6a713f8c9922.png

Wow!  I’m going to feel like a broken record here (for those who even know what that reference means anymore!), but you can more or less copy/paste the intro I did for the last fight because Joseph and Cabrera come to the cage fully prepped, as you’d expect for Main Card competition, and their skills are a dead lock, at least in primaries. Both are trying to recover from a recent loss (or two in the case of Cabrera) and are looking for a win to start the march back up that ladder!

Joseph is a former SPPS Featherweight champ from his win over Baptiste back in October last year.  Unfortunately, he was unable to retain in his first defense when Sitsongrit removed the weight of the belt from Joseph.  Since then he’s been hovering “oh so close” to regaining his top contender form but a few key “top of the division” guys have proven to be formidable obstacles for him…guys like Chulalongkorn and especially both Jimenez and Baptiste who avenged that prior loss. 

Cabrera is another top level warrior in the Featherweight division who is also a former champ from his days at WolfPac Fighting Alliance.  He’s worked his way into title opportunities here at SPPS but has come up short against the elite as well, falling to first Chulalongkorn in May and then Sitsongrit in August. There’s no shame in losing to those guys as they are literally the best of the best, but you do have to get past them to earn the strap!  With that loss for the belt to Sitsongrit in early August and then a follow-up loss to Nagasaki, Cabrera needs the win over another capable foe like Joseph to bounce back!

Donkey’s Pick: Joseph via TKO (Strikes)

What you’re going to get here is two guys who are not afraid to mix it up in the cage tonight!  That seems like a trend this evening, but it’s the truth here as well!  Cabrera is a guy who loves to go aggressively after his opponent with head shots…but also will mix in quite a bit of leg kicks to slow down his opponent or even take it to the clinch when he senses an advantage.  Funny…you can almost count on getting something similar from Joseph!  Perhaps a bit more attention to the body shots but certainly the leg kicks will come and if you want to play in the clinch, well, Joseph is your Huckleberry!  This is going to be a great fight!!!  I don’t know who’s going to win, but I suspect this doesn’t make it to the scorecards.

Main Card Bout #3: Heavyweights

William Riker v Mike Haggar

e0548078aa2821303c2830dcdac6906a.png

Back to our Heavyweights in the last contest before our two Main Events folks! And we’re getting into fights here now that absolutely have immediate or near-immediate impact upon the division as the winner between Haggar and Riker here will be heading towards a Top Contender battle and one step away from a title shot!  As such, yep, they’re both fully prepped and ready to get in there tonight!

Haggar will have a slight edge in Muay Thai but outside that these two are mostly on even footing…from a primary advantage…on paper.  This will be only his second fight with Sucker Punch but his first was a solid decision win over Demir Kocak that made it three in a row for this big man after his two wins at CFC before the merger.  Haggar will stand and strike as needed but it’s clear from his past few fights that he loves to get the fight to the ground and bring the pain raining down upon his foes once there!

Riker would have already earned a title shot most likely if not for the decision loss in his SPPS debut to Hero Shima.  He came into Sucker Punch with wins over Tiotio and Fire over at CFC and was a former WCF Heavyweight champion, so his credentials are solid.  Now, we need to see if the step up to Sucker Punch, which (objectively without patting ourselves on the back too much) seems to be a whole new level for some fighters and tends to smack more than a few solidly in the face as a wake up call!

Donkey’s Pick: Haggar via Unanimous Decision

Riker’s not afraid to have the fight go to the ground and certainly doesn’t mind mixing it up, working for position and dishing out some GnP himself.  So that’s the first part of this fight that becomes very intriguing given Haggar’s tendencies!  Second, Riker has a couple submission wins from late 2021 and early 2022 so the threat of that comes into play even if he should find himself on the bottom and taking shots from Haggar!  Oh, I can’t wait for this one!  I’ve said that a lot this evening, which is telling about the quality and fun to be expected from this card folks!  Now, your pick is as good as mine here!

Co-Main Event:

Featured Light Heavyweight Bout

Sammy Beach v Clinch King Smash Machine

76b0dd0038443f12dfa178602ca5e5ed.png

What can I say about this Co-Main Event other than that we’re about to see two of the very best fighters in the Light Heavyweight division go at it as part of their quest to get into the title picture?  For Beach it’s an attempt to work his way back to the title fight after his loss to Dracul last month after the merger and as the reigning former CFC champ.  For Machine, it’s one more step forward potentially as he marches towards his first title opportunity since his sole shot with Checkmate back in early 2021.  Expect fireworks here folks!!!

Machine comes into this fight with a win last month in his SPPS debut against Fitzsimmons and another prior to that at CFC against Luther Jackson.  He may not be QUITE there yet, but he’s well on his way if he can keep winning.  A win over Beach would more than propel him forward and upward towards the ultimate goal!  And he’s a tough one to figure out…while his last couple fights ended via KO’s…and not just your run of the mill KO’s…but one via knee!...he’s also won via decision and submission this year.  So game planning for Machine isn’t just a trivial matter, that’s for sure.

Beach, as we stated, was a two time CFC champ having only lose to Kuwabara from December last year on until he ran into Dracul here at SPPS.  His run at CFC was epic to be frank given the turnaround from his days at SFL and you have to love seeing a guy just “find their groove” the way he did.  He found his power again during that stretch and was putting opponents to sleep at an ungodly pace, although interestingly enough his last two fights at CFC were won via decision.  We’re looking to see him win a couple fights after the Dracul loss to get back to the title fight and certainly a win over an up and comer like Machine would help solidify his claim!

Donkey’s Pick: Machine via Submission (Armbar)

So we’ve got another great showdown here and another tough one to pick!  And without anything solid to go on like preparation or clear advantages, I’m going to go out on a limb here and reach a bit.  One thing I see is that Beach has fallen to submission a couple times in the past.  And Machine, as noted by Hare, has pulled off a couple previously.  Could that be the difference maker here this evening?  Probably not, but I’m running with it!

Main Event:

Heavyweight Championship Bout

Ben Slam v Pedro Fuentes

451748a60ddb06d8b5ae4cba4869fc08.png

Our Main Event between these two behemoths of humanity won’t really need a lot of hyping up to be honest!  Fuentes is stepping into the cage this evening in an attempt to pry the belt away from the BMF of MMAT and Sucker Punch, Ben Slam!  Both are absolutely, top of the tank, fully prepped for this fight and damn, I’d have been hella disappointed if they weren’t!  Slam will have a slight edge in Jiu Jitsu here, but outside that these two have pretty even skill sets.

Fuentes has been champ…well, hell…where in the hell HASN’T this guy been champ?!?!  I mean…Underground FC…ENIGMA…SMASH…this man was an absolute terror at all of those in the Super Heavyweight division!  Since being lured over to Sucker Punch he’s stepped down to our top division, Heavyweight, and outside the initial adjustment to this weight class which resulted in a loss to Hero Shima, he’s been unstoppable here too!  Wins over Parta Matti, Ara Tiotio and Apollo Aarnio not only dispatched potential suitors for title shots but propelled him up the ladder and earned him the shot before him this evening! Oh, all via KO btw…so…he’s not only bringing some serious size with him, he’s bringing a serious case of “Watch the Fuck Out!” with him as well! 

Ben Slam is on the path to potentially establishing himself as one of the greatest Heavyweights in Sucker Punch history!  And yes, I know that’s saying something but he’s already put himself on par with former greats like the more recent run of Will Wrecks…or Hero Shima, who has a four fight run to his name…and two other captures of the title to make himself a 3x Champion here in the Heavyweight division.  It’ll take a while to approach the legendary status of Thoth Chontamenti who held the belt through eight fights straight and then captured it again later…but these are the things we work towards!  Slam has now won the belt and defended it twice successfully.  You can damn well bet that John Daughterty, the rest of the camp and Slam himself are all 100% focused on the task at hand here tonight. 

Donkey’s Pick: Slam via TKO (Cuts)

If Fuentes likes to turn the lights out for opponents…well, he may just have run into his match in that department this evening.  And we’re definitely going to find out which of the two is the better in that particular match!  But here’s the thing…something Hare failed to key on that I myself feel is absolutely critical to consider tonight…Slam…well, slams you like a friggin’ juggernaut…and Fuentes has a history of cuts and having losses served up due to doctor stoppages.  If he doesn’t win this fight and end it fast tonight, the brutal ton of bricks that Slam throws will undoubtedly test Fuentes’ ability to protect his little hemophilia issue…

Alright folks, we’re hoping that the left coast is ready for an explosion of action and excitement at the Colliseum in Los Angeles this evening!  For those who can’t make it, we’ve also got a fantastic THREE HOUR PPV with the best quality production money can buy all lined up for you fine folks!  Can’t wait to get the action going!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Donkey’s Pick: Curtis via TKO (Strikes)

14w7.jpg

Jesse Custer

'and I took that personally.'

Curtis bobbing and weaving nicely... He's ducked under a jab and ducks again but ooooooh! Custer comes at him with an uppercut from hell! Curtis falls to the canvas, unconscious! This one is all over! Oh man, looking at the replay that was right on the button! Curtis was out before he hit the floor!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:31 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Punch). Jesse Custer!

• Like 2

15812997724248.png

We came prepared for war this time Chip, and we nearly had you in the first taking a chip off that block in round 1. But you proved a more than worthy opppnent enduring and winning rounds on points and were headed to a comfortable defense win but you forgot one thing, The Dragon of Dojima doesn't leave anything on that canvas and there's no way you were leaving the Tokyo Dome, his home, with his belt. 

See you soon for the Kazuma v Nickel III

• Like 1

5,178 Parting Clouds Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free ...
This particular story began 45 years ago.

As a new born baby Dominic Trujillo parents new one day he would be part of history. But Trujillo, nor his parents ever  new what part of history it would be.

He joined the world of MMA at the young age of 18 and has worked with four different managers, he has taken part in 45 different fights, between dozens of promotions.... Destiney kept telling him "Dominic Trujillo, there is more to come, don't quit fighting don't stop just yet.. History awaits you" .

Trujillo thought that historical moment came when he won the PF 170lb title from Rip Snorten. But this was short lived and the title was dropped after only one defence. He thought the moment may have come after the birth of his first child. Or was it due to his incredible longevity that would see him enter the annals of history. 

Years continued to pass, time seemed to be slipping by with little or no answer of what this one moment he was born for would be or when it would take place. Doubt crept in, "Was it all a lie?" he asked himself.  Had destiny, the gods, his parents, Mike Tycoon....Had they all lied to him?

Then!

one cold September morning Dominic Trujillo received a contract offer from Hare the owner of Sucker Punch, things began to be completely illuminated and came into beautiful luminescent crystal clarity.

All the love, pain, anger, happiness, bumps and bruisers received on this long journey, the trials and tribulations they all made sense....

That contract had a date on it 2022-10-15 Sucker Punch Pro Series 194 it would be the 963221 event to take place in MMA Tycoon. 

Trujillo took a deep breath his eyes dilated. The air tasted cold and yet beautifully sweet like honey, he saw more then he had even seen in the entirety of his life.

At the exact same moment Mike Tycoon felt something great was coming he also felt the goose bumps and hair raise up all over his body. Trujillo looked at a beautiful sunset and realized his time had finally arrived.

Dominic Trujillo will finally fulfill his destiny. Tears came to his eyes as he began to comprehend the importance of the event. He whisper silently to sky "Thank you Hare, Thank you Donkey..... Thank you Mr. Pickle" Finally the unknown dream would come true. 

Because on 2022-10-15 Sucker Punch Pro Series 194

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Dominic Trujillo VS 14232416879438.jpg
Dominic Trujillo (293294)     "Mr. Pickle" Edward Mills (360004)

Finally he would met the god of MMA a once in a Billennium fighter. The heart and soul of MMA Tycoon and the life blood of SP. Because Edward Mills doesn't bleed red nor does he bleed blue he bleeds M*ther F*cking PICKLE JUICE! 

All great runs come to a end and Trujillo gets to end his legendary career in a legendary match. 

Mark this down on your calendar peeps.... Mr. Pickle rises again.

• Like 2

1664306704SPPS188_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 188

Hey Sucker Punch fans!  Hare Rumpler here along with my pal and colleague, Donkey “Dan”, and we’re about to prepare you for a trip to Tokyo baby!  Yep, SPPS 188…as well as the next two events after this, are all taking place in Japan this week so we’re spending a ton of time over with our friends on the island.  No, not THAT MMAT Island!  The island with the big ole Toykyo Bowl for us to pack as many of you screaming nuts into as possible!

A little bit of everything tonight except Welterweights.  No Welterweights, if that’s your thing then you’ll be sad.  I know who wouldn’t be…NatiBatti!  For some reason she has a thing against them…but she turned me down to do part of this preview so her loss!  No, instead, we’ll open things up with a big ole Light Heavyweight bout with Beckham Jr and Volkanovski getting at it to warm you folks up.  Afterward, settle in for a whole lot of what Risa Roo would call the skinny boy slap fights as our Featherweights dominate the Undercard with three bouts in a row!  We’ll close out the Undercard with yet another Light Heavyweight contest as Brad Chestner and Aleks Kuznetsov throw down.

Our Main Card is a bit more diverse with a Middleweight contest kicking things off, a pair of the BIG boys stepping into the cage and then back to Middleweights before our two Main Events.  Our Co-Main sees top tier Lightweight action as Guy River faces off against Yip Man lii!  That’s a “must-see” fight right there…and then you get our Featherweight championship fight with the belt on the line as Yuro Nagasaki, former champ from CFC, taking on former CFC champ and current SPPS champ, Diogo Jimenez!  Guarantee he doesn’t give up that strap easily!

Lots of great stuff on tap so let’s get a quick word from our merchandise partner and sponsor and get into each fight in more detail!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition now brings you not only their amazing energy loss reduction supplements…now renamed to “Marvin Hagler Marvelous Energy Injections”, but also two new fantastic products!  For those of you out there looking to give the newest members of your stables a leg up in their conditioning and strength so they can truly get the most from their training and take less days off…well, Shadow Warrior also now has “ Sugar Ray Robinson Stamina Pills” and “Jack Johnson Muscle Bulk Powder”!  Truly Shadow Warrior Nutrition is your one-stop shop for all your high end training supplements!  Stop by today!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

Beaudell Beckham Jr v Aleksandar Volkanovski

I wish I could say that we were kicking things off the right way here with this Light Heavyweight matchup, but unfortunately Beckham Jr will step into the cage tonight with his morale off a bit.  Now, if we’re being honest, Volkanovski and his camp are probably thrilled about that!  Why?  Because putting all candy-coating aside, tonight is an absolute MUST win for Volkanovski after back to back losses at CFC and then last month against Nogueira here at SPPS have put him over 2k in P4P ranking.  That means without a win, he’ll stay over that line we’ve drawn in the sand.  Let’s not talk about the consequences of that and just focus on the positives here!

Beckham Jr will have to be ready for anything and everything tonight at Volkanovski has proven he can finish with big strikes or take you out of the game with a submission on the ground.  These two are very closely matched in skills, so strategy and heart are definitely going to come into play this evening.

Volkanovski does have a tendency to fall to strikes as well and that’s where Beckham’s opportunities will come as almost all of Beaudell Beckham Jr’s wins have come from TKO or KO finishes.  And that issue with the morale could come back to bite him as currently Beckham Jr  is sitting at just under 1800 P4P…a loss may very well push him over 2k as well and that means that this may be a battle for pink slips this evening!

Donkey’s Pick: Volkanovski via Submission (Armbar)

I can’t tell you how this one ends so I’m just taking a shot in the dark here. But everybody knows I almost never pick for the unprepared fighter so I’ve got to look to the other corner from Beckham Jr this evening.

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweights

Marcos Sanchez v Antonio Zetsika

Our first of three back to back to back Featherweight battles tonight will start off with Zetsika taking on Sanchez!  The good news is that unlike our opening fight, these two are MORE prepared.  Not perfectly mind you…as Zetsika is off on morale a little…but a lot better.  I know what that means for Donkey’s picks though!

Sanchez will have the advantage on the feet as he’s the better Muay Thai artist tonight while Zetsika holds advantages in both areas on the ground, with better wrestling and a brown belt over Sanchez’ purple in Jiu Jitsu.  The last five fights haven’t seen Zetsika pull off a submission but prior to that it was a very common occurrence.  I expect to see the effort to pull one off return in force again tonight as this very well should end up a classic striker versus ground specialist showdown with Sanchez trying to keep the fight on the feet and finish it there.

Sanchez is fairly safe in terms of P4P ranking at the moment…although a loss this evening would leave him without much wiggle room next month.  Zetsika however has to be looking at this as a must-win and no doubt his camp has tried to keep him laser focused to ensure a victory this evening!  That morale being a little off certainly shows they’ve missed a few things along the way though.

Donkey’s Pick: Sanchez via Unanimous Decision

Zetsika may need this win in order to retain his contract, but that doesn’t mean I can overlook the morale issue going on and with it being slightly off that makes me switch my focus on Sanchez potentially winning this fight.  He’s won four in a row.  Granted, the first two were QFC fights but since then he’s proven he can win at both CFC and SPPS here.  He’s changed management teams since his last fight in August so we’ll find out if his new team can keep the ball rolling!

Undercard Bout #3: Featherweights

Moganesh Jain v Brady Jean Baptiste

It should tell you something about the quality of the card we have for you over in Tokyo tonight when you see a former SPPS Featherweight champion in just the third fight of the evening!  That would be Baptiste for anybody who didn’t pick up on that right away.  Granted, he’s had a bit of a rougher run of late, but I can guarantee that Jain knows that this evening won’t be a cakewalk by any stretch!

Baptiste will likely come into the cage this evening looking to do what he does.  And most of the time that’s put on a clinic of technical striking, although at times he brings a bit more and can finish as well.  He has the advantage in both areas of standup…slightly…and even in wrestling by a smaller amount. 

But that’s where things get interesting because Jain can strike with the best of them for points…both in and out of the clinch.  Also, he’s been known to get it onto the mat and surprise an opponent or two with a submission.  He’s won eight of his last NINE fights with only a loss to Cleon Wright, a fight that would have propelled him into a title fight, breaking things up smack dab in the middle there. 

Donkey’s Pick: Baptiste via Unanimous Decision

A win here may very well propel Jain into Top Contender territory despite his current P4P ranking which sits at 1,000 currently.  Getting that win over the former champ would certainly add to his case.  Don’t be surprised for a moment if you see Hare toss him into the cage against the winner of Idowu/Aalto if he pulls off a big one here tonight.  For Baptiste, this is a chance to take one more step back towards the big stage.  A win would likely propel him up into the sub-500 P4P range and set the tone for a TC battle in the future…all while knocking down a rising challenger!

Undercard Bout #4: Featherweights

Yellow Belt Casey v Guilherme Goncalves

Sucker Punch faithful and MMAT fans worldwide who either attended SPPS 178 in Los Angeles earlier this month…or joined in with 137k+ other to watch the live three hour PPV…know that a bit of déjà vu is about to happen this evening…hopefully minus the draw result!!!  With just under four weeks to recover, adjust and prepare Gonclaves and Casey are back and ready to settle things once and for all…the only difference being a trip about halfway around the globe and the corners they’ll come out of this evening!

Last time out we got what we expected…to a degree. Casey is the stronger of the two on the ground and he certainly tested that theory early with Gonclaves being up to the challenge and managing to get back to the feet late in the round.  The second round saw Casey bring it from a different direction as he rocked Gonclaves off a right hand counter just moments after the bell! A takedown towards the end of the round had the commentators speculating that Casey had won both rounds to start the fight. 

Gonclaves and his corner felt the pressure and certainly didn’t shrink under it as they came out firing in the third and despite two takedowns by Casey, Gonclaves was able to recover and get back to the feet both times, avoiding trouble.  Gonclaves effort earned him the round and what appeared to be heading towards a 29-28 decision turned into a draw when the judges were split on the first with Judge Don Winkell giving Casey the nod, Judge Timothy Bukovac looking to Gonclaves and Judge Frank Antenori refusing to make a decision, sitting the fence and awarding both fighters 10 points! 

Donkey’s Pick: Draw!

So what happens tonight?  They’ve had close to four weeks to prepare and adjust.  Does Casey still think the ground is the path to success?  Even given Gonclaves ability to control and escape?  Casey had a lot of success with his mix of strikes using his kickboxing, perhaps we see more of that?  Does Gonclaves back off a little bit on the combinations which he was only able to land at close to a 10% rate, instead potentially landing more single strikes to gain the points needed to score a ‘W’?  Your guess is as good as mine, and being that I like to be a troublemaker sometimes, I’m going to call for another Draw!!!  How ya like them apples?

Undercard Bout #5: Light Heavyweights

Brad Chestner v Aleks Kuznetsov

On paper, Chestner will have the advantage in our fifth and final fight of the Undercard this evening as these two Light Heavyweights square off.  He has the advantage in wrestling and Jiu Jitsu while Kuznetsov only claims a small edge in boxing.  That said, he’s lost two of his last three and has a new manager for this fight after leaving Teyo Ken’s camp and heading over to join Alexander Biro’s team.

Kuznetsov has won his last two, including a revenge win over Shogun Silva to set a split decision loss from early October right.  At least for Kuznetsov.  The one thing Kuznetsov has struggled to prove is that he can handle the submission game of opponents who bring it to him.  Chestner can certainly bring a submission to the table, as he proved against Tomomisan Tsuruta in June when he was still with CFC. 

Chestner, previously known as Iliya Topuria when he was with P J Jones’ camp, has previously tangled with Kuznetsov.  That turned into a decision loss for Chestner but it was also almost a year ago back in December 2021.  Can Kuznetsov pull it off again?  Two managers removed for Topuria, now known as Chestner after being rebranded under Teyo Ken?  He’s had mixed success since that fight, going 4-4 over his run with WCF, CFC and now back with us at Sucker Punch.

Donkey’s Pick: Kuznetsov via Split Decision

You’d like to see Kuznetsov prove he can not only win against Chestner’s ground game…again…but also against slightly more accomplished ground specialists.  That is the one knock on Kuznetsov and something Hare has noted in his binder on him. Perhaps tonight he doubles down on the wins despite what Chestner may call himself these days and makes a case for a fight against another ground specialist to prove his point…all while marching towards Top Contender status again?  We’ll find out!

A short break here and then Donkey and I should be back this evening with the rest of the fights on the Main Card!

Main Card Bout #1: Middleweights

Kappa Knox v Jacob Parker

ff70580392e1647d1d99e75dc94b4c6e.png

Main Card action time and I swear…even though every time I say it another fight later goes and one-ups me…but this may be the closest matched fight of the evening folks!!!  Parker and Knox are just about even in all areas even right down to their height and weight, with the height being right on and Parker being about 3-4 pounds lighter than Knox.  Preparation wise these two are pretty much golden so we should expect to see the very best fight possible as we open up the Main Card!

Now, even though Parker is a former champ here at SPPS and Knox was a champ…twice…previously as well elsewhere, both of these two are a little ways off still in their quest to get back to the top.  But every journey has to start somewhere and tonight’s fight is as good as any other place to take that first step! 

Under the new management of Don Xyel, Parker was able to vanquish Krsto Vujić last month via decision.  Not only did he propel himself up above a former dangerous opponent in doing so, he pretty much retired Krsto who took one more QFC fight after we cut him here at SPPS and then was let go by his management team. Parker has been known to bring sledgehammers for fists to the cage but last fight proved he can also get in there and demonstrate precise, technical striking as well. Will this be part of his evolution now that his last three wins…spanning three managers…have all been via decision?  We’ll see!

Knox is a (T)KO machine!  He’s only had one win in the past year and a half that wasn’t a finish.  The downside…he appears to be susceptible to the same with three of his four recent losses coming via finish.  A former champ at both Grunge and CFC, he lost his last fight at CFC to Leo Bosanac before coming over as part of the merger with SPPS.  His win over my own Zambrano was not appreciated in mid-August and a decision los to Korben Dallas earlier this month makes his run under current management 1-2.  Does he have what it takes to get back up there?

Donkey’s Pick: Parker via TKO (Strikes)

It’s nice that Hare sees Parker as suddenly becoming some finesse guy but my guess is that he comes in here tonight looking to knock Knox’ block off.  And he might do it as well.  If I look at losses for both fighters, each has fallen to TKO’s or KO’s.  But Parker is split about half decision and half finish.  He has a slightly better history of not falling to strikes and I think perhaps that’s the difference maker here this evening.  Or not. 

Main Card Bout #2: Heavyweights

Ted Bundy v Drew Barnes

69585c83568d19aa7e826a9a468084d6.png

I couldn’t possibly be any more disappointed with the way a fight on our Main Card, especially one two in, is about to go down tonight.  Well, I suppose I could be.  If both fighters were unprepared!  Instead, tonight we get one that is off on both energy, by a small amount, but a bigger issue…morale!  This has been a trend for the Barnes team over time and tonight we get another Barnes kid in Drew who is way off the mark and undoubtedly will earn the “other guy”, Bundy in this case, the nod from Donkey!

I will say this for Barnes.  I see him coming in with four wins in a row…three from Odense and his last here at SPPS over Cassus Fett.  And I go, ok, he’s typically unprepared most likely, given he’s still wearing his tighty whities, but he wins…so then I go look at the competition at Odense a little closer to see if he outmatched guys severely or they were unprepared, etc.  Sure, in one case, Mazepin, both of those things were true.  But in the others, not so much.  So…what do we take away from this?  I can only take away one thing…that Drew Barnes brings some serious heat to the cage with those ten ton fists of his and some big time intangibles to overcome the lack of preparation!  Something his opponent should definitely take to heart I’d think.

Bundy is the better Jiu Jitsu practitioner with elite wrestling and a black belt.  He’s with a new management team under Blue Aurora and will make his debut with that team…and with us here at Sucker Punch…this evening.  His ground skills aren’t just for show and defense…he’s won three of his prior four victories via submission.  There is no doubt in my mind what the game plan should be here tonight given Barnes’ heavy striking, his lack of morale…likely leading to an easier than normal takedown…and his history of having submissions be his Achilles heel. 

Donkey’s Pick: Bundy via Submission (Kimura)

I’m in total agreement with Hare here on this one.  He’s nailed it. Barnes hits hard and if he lands one early he could still walk away with the win.  But the ball is in Bundy’s court tonight and if he plays his cards right he should walk away with the win…and maybe an extra limb…an arm perhaps?

Main Card Bout #3: Middleweights

Korben Dallas v Leo Bosanac

4c98611b65a7f8e756d2d1189ec1d696.png

Our last fight before the Main Events and we’ve got a Middleweight bout between Leo Bosanac and Korben Dallas coming at you!  Both are close to fully prepared and pretty closely matched with the only significant difference in primaries being Dallas’ black belt in Jiu Jitsu over Bosanac’s brown.  Now, I won’t lie…the gummy I just took is kicking in hard and faster than usual…so either I’m going to have to shorten these up or we’re probably going to end up with even more rambling and nonsense than normal!

Despite going 2-3 over his last five fights Bosanac is still sporting a quality 445 P4P ranking.  Speaks to the quality of competition this guy has been facing of late!  A win over Craig Watkins earlier this month helped both he and his team forget about the SPPS debut decision loss to Penkosip Bizihwaile.  The TKO over Watkins got him back to doing what he does best, which is turn the lights out for his opponents! Bosanac is a headhunter, plain and simple. There’s a reason he’s got five ‘KO of the Night’ awards over his career on top of the two ‘Fight of the Night’ showings as well.  He doesn’t try to fool you. He doesn’t lie to you.  He does what he does.  And that’s crack your skull!

Now, the situation for Dallas is one that we’ve talked about in similar fights over the years.  He’s a technical striker who gets the job done with solid strike defense, good movement, the ability to score points…both on the feet or on the ground…and that mixing it up is what keeps guys on the other side of the cage off-balance.  He also has submission skills.  But…Bosanac has never been submitted on his career.  And that’s where the similar fights and situation comes in that I opened this with…there’s a first time for everything, right?  And we’ve seen it happen!  So does Dallas even mess around with that, or does he take his point and just focus on avoiding the big shots to his noggin’ that Bosanac is going to politely…or not so politely…offer?

Donkey’s Pick: Dallas via Unanimous Decision

Easily the toughest fight on the night so far to pick!  This is going to be a GREAT fight!  Any MMA fan is going to want to see how these guys come out, and specifically what Dallas decides to do in there.  And it’s also the type of fight that generates tons of Monday morning quarterbacking…cause you know the fans always think they know more than the actual professionals getting into the cage!  Dallas showed “powerful” early in his career which meant his physicals shadowed any hiddens we might have learned about.  But I think he’s got to have at least a solid chin or better…the dude has only been stopped on the feet ONCE in his career.  I think he has what it takes to get this one on points.

Co-Main Event:

Featured Lightweight Bout

Man lii vs. River II

Yip Man Iii v Guy River

5fd1b330eb79d2215eaebd7895014ca9.png

Our Co-Main event brings you two of the very best Lightweights in the business folks!  So much so that Mate Orsic will undoubtedly be both present for the fights tonight…and watching this one very closely as he’ll very likely face the winner in a Top Contender battle!  Now, both River and Man lii are very well prepared for this fight and, glancing at the primaries, are very closely matched with Man lii having the only “advantage” in Jiu Jitsu.  But Man lii is NOT a submission specialist and is unlikely to rely upon that advantage in any significant way this evening. 

River is a former Lightweight champ here at Sucker Punch and ironically is one and only successful title defense came against…Man lii!  A KO victory that turned the lights out for Man lii early in the second round.  Logan came and took the belt away the following month almost a year ago to date when he submitted River for the ‘W’ and the strap.  Given that River has fallen to submissions at key moments in his career…did Man lii focus on that and bring some actual offensive skills and plans with him tonight?  That’s the question I’d be asking if I was in River’s camp.  At the same time, River needs to fight his fight…and that’s a matter of bringing the BOOM a second time for Man lii…as he’s done with so many others over his career. 

Man lii has had two title shots on his career. One at WolfPac early on and then a second here at SPPS a little over a year ago.  Yeah, against River.  Both times the belt was elusive and since then he’s just not been able to get things to stay on track at the last moment when it’s been Top Contender time. You can bet he’d like to not only right the “wrong” he was dealt the last time he and River faced each other but also make good on another chance to get into Top Contender position.  Mate Orsic may be sitting, waiting and watching…but he’s not the one to worry about right now.  Finding a way past River is the sole thing that should be on Man lii’s mind.  I’m not sure what the plan will be…last time he went heavy with the body shots but just couldn’t keep River from pulling him into the clinch…which is where River ultimately did a ton of damage and sapped him of his ability to fight back or put up a defense for the big shots to come. 

Donkey’s Pick: River via TKO (Strikes)

Man lii can definitely win this one.  He’s got a ton of skill and Hardman will have him come to the cage with a well thought out plan, no doubt.  But we’re at the top of the food chain here and River’s team will do the same.  And more often than not, they get the job done.  Tough one to call, but with not much more to go on I’m going to say River retains the edge given his prior win and then…I’m going to sit back and prepare to enjoy this epic battle!!!

Main Event:

Featherweight Championship Bout

Jimenez vs. Nagasaki III

Diogo Jimenez v Yuro Nagasaki

1ac70e9efa45de204d8e5579a8311597.png

Our Main Event and phew!!!....aside from a small, small amount of morale for Jimenez these two are both PRIMED for this fight…which they should be, given it’s for the CHAMPIONSHIP!!!  And dang…soooooo closely matched in skills as well!  Yeah boy, if you’re not ready to watch this one tonight…well, I guess you’re just not an MMA fan are ya? And why the hell are you reading this anyways?!?

“Rumor” has it that Nagasaki has been teeter-tottering on whether retirement is calling or not.  Hell, if I prepared for a fight, did all the work for it, went into the cage and went to war…and had to come away with a friggin’ DRAW three times over the first half of this year while at Combate (in between jumping back and forth between CFC and Combate as his two homes apparently!), well, I’d probably be wondering if it’s worth it also!  He managed to submit one of my own kids, Saggy Dinglestomper, over at CFC right after that last draw…and I must say that both I and Saggy were very unappreciative of that! But perhaps it was being bested on the ground…one of his areas of strength…by Darren Dixon in the following fight that got him back to thinking about retirement again?  Who knows!  Here’s what I do know…he was the standing CFC Featherweight champ when the merger happened and a title fight was sitting here waiting for him if he decided to take it. 

From the moment Diogo Jimenez walked through the door here at Sucker Punch after the merger with CFC, we knew he had an excellent chance of being the future champ here!  He was already a former multi-time Featherweight champ from two runs at Grunge and then a run at CFC.  He’d submitted some of the best over at CFC in the lead-up to the merger into us at SPPS with wins over Lemmy Bang and Farrokhzad.  So it was no surprise when he went head to head with one of the best our division had to offer in Jihadi Joseph and came away with a skin-of-the-teeth split decision.  Winners find a way to win!  (No offense JJ!)  And then…his big chance…and admittedly I think a lot of people saw Petsuwan Sitsongrit as more or less unstoppable at the time.  Not Diogo and his camp, clearly!  They came in and defeated Sitsongrit at his own game…technical striking…making it about as even a contest as you can get against one of the greats…and even managed to once again, two fights in a row…eek out a split decision victory!!! 

So there you go folks…that’s what you have coming at you tonight.  One man, feeling like the electricity and drive are flowing through his veins for one more big run on the career.  Another, holding the belt after having won it in by running the gauntlet of some of the toughest fights you can ask for…knowing that after holding championships in the past, how difficult it can be to get back there again…that those moments can’t be taken for granted.  Somebody’s gonna walk away in glory tonight folks!

Donkey’s Pick: Jimenez via Unanimous Decision

Wins over Heller Cabrera here at SPPS and then…a moonlight win to take the belt over at Odense…clearly re-energized Nagasaki!  And boom…now he had that fire in his nuts to come get some at SPPS…belt and all!  He likely thought that Sitsongrit would be waiting for him…but SURPRISE…Jimenez for the win and the capturing of the belt earlier this month!  Hare’s already said enough…bring on this fantastic battle!!!!  Oh, a pick?  Do I have to?  Ok…flippy flip…nah, I kid…I’m going with the younger Jimenez…so long as he avoids the submission when going for his own!  Or will Nagasaki make it a perfect trifecta of wins over Jimenez...because you know...we totally glossed over the fact that this is their third meeting!  Hahahhaa.

Alright folks, we’re off to Tokyo for all the fun and excitement we can handle!!!  For those who can’t make it…you know, cause it’s so casual to just take off to Japan!...we’ve also got a fantastic THREE HOUR PPV with the best quality production money can buy all lined up for you fine folks!  Can’t wait to get the action going!

• Upvote 2