WCF Smack Talk Thread

nkallas50

13w10.jpg

Juan CoronaMexico.png

After 13 fights in WCF the contract wasn't renewed... a bit sad for me, not even in HOF of WCF but it is what it is, I achieved a lot in WCF, defended the belt at 135, win the belt at 145, it was an amazing run! Great run, great recovery for my career, only 3 Ls and one draw in 13 fights, what a ride, thanks for everyone who shared the cage with me, it was a pleasure, good luck to everyone!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing only three cards currently "published" (there may be more that are created but not published yet) through next week, 8 days from now, and the third card on the 2nd doesn't have any fights on it for 8 days from now.  The WW division, at least (cause that's the one I'm looking at for my guy) has most of the fighters without fights set.  

Nick has been offline for 3 days.  Do any of you have any idea what's happening?  I spoke with him only a week or two ago and he told me that he was actively working to get things back on track and really attempting to get things to where they used to be.  Has anybody heard anything else?

He messaged me saying he was going to start being more active and turn things around and then I told him Peter Peterson was a 155er now not a 185er I just keep accepting his fights even tho this isn’t the first time I’ve told him but I didn’t feel like fighting his own guy with a 5’6 lightweight at 185, he said no problem I’ll send over the lightweight offer soon and never heard back. About a week ago

4 hours ago, AlexManiatakos said:

No idea man. Had to sign Cuntmara with another org cause Nick never offered a new contract... Org was pretty decent until a month ago. I guess that Nick is busy in real life.

4 hours ago, Golden97 said:

He messaged me saying he was going to start being more active and turn things around and then I told him Peter Peterson was a 155er now not a 185er I just keep accepting his fights even tho this isn’t the first time I’ve told him but I didn’t feel like fighting his own guy with a 5’6 lightweight at 185, he said no problem I’ll send over the lightweight offer soon and never heard back. About a week ago

Damn, I really was hoping that he was kicking back into form and was going to be turning it around.  :(

• Like 1

Ryan Anderson- I’ve had a hell of a career here, I’m a hall of famer and the only man to hold belts in 3 weights classes and defend 2 titles at once , 35,45,&55 I’m forever king. I’ve asked for my release and I’m approaching 37 so I only have 2 or 3 left in me. I’ll be considering all offers and and immediate title shot at 35,45 or even possibly 55 could peak my interest. I want one more belt in my collection, SP ,Syn , Combate , Odense let’s start negotiations for the greatest of all time in WCF

1FA2A7A3-4F56-4FCB-A3B0-2CA0937C5906.png.562e49916a5475b62d1bed3e6e34e3b9.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Golden97 said:

Ryan Anderson- I’ve had a hell of a career here, I’m a hall of famer and the only man to hold belts in 3 weights classes and defend 2 titles at once , 35,45,&55 I’m forever king. I’ve asked for my release and I’m approaching 37 so I only have 2 or 3 left in me. I’ll be considering all offers and and immediate title shot at 35,45 or even possibly 55 could peak my interest. I want one more belt in my collection, SP ,Syn , Combate , Odense let’s start negotiations for the greatest of all time in WCF

Wayne Williams will gladly cross fists with you in Syn.

14 hours ago, Golden97 said:

14947188391358.gif

I will gladly send you into Free Agency with less hype. Or rematch the Khabib.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Ado1 said:

Does anyone have an update on Nick or what's going to happen with WCF.  Are all the fighters to be released soon or is someone taking over the organization?

1595095388zQaOEBn.gif

SFL will gladly take all the wandering vagrant fighters with open arms. We promise you greener pastures, active and mostly fair fights, and we have an abundance of 350K talent already on our roster.

If you're looking to sign with a top 3 organization in the world, and don't want to support the corporate overlord and suit wearing capitalist-commie tycoons that want to exploit your fighters for their own ill-gotten gains, the SFL is the place to be.

You will never see NEEDS STAFF at the top of our page. We have the LARGEST STAFF in the game and they just love it when you send them a message with any of your concerns. The MOST HELPFUL STAFF in the entire game that will ensure all of your fighter needs will be met.

Did I mention our historic forum thread?

I like WCF, and the brand, but sadly Nick hasn't passed out OTN awards since Christmas. IRL gets in the way sometimes, it happens, also orgs are very time consuming nonsense and can be more work than it's worth and that's why great orgs often come and go, but the good news there are a handful of excellent options out there to choose from like SFL, SFL, and of course, SFL.

Anyway, all the best Nick. It may be poaching season my friend.

- The best, CK

• Upvote 2

Ryan Anderson- 20 fights and 14 of them for belts among 3 weight classes here. I deserve the FOTN awards , or at least the chance to be active, I’m down for one more last WCF dance if it’s a huge major Big Bang of an event, but at this point it would be nice to see the doors close, so I can test myself against the best before I’m 40

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Rambo said:

I like WCF, and the brand, but sadly Nick hasn't passed out OTN awards since Christmas. IRL gets in the way sometimes, it happens, also orgs are very time consuming nonsense and can be more work than it's worth and that's why great orgs often come and go, but the good news there are a handful of excellent options out there to choose from like SFL, SFL, and of course, SFL.

Anyway, all the best Nick. It may be poaching season my friend.

- The best, CK

First, I'm going to say the obvious...that we all hope Nick is ok and that nothing serious has come up in RL.  Sincerely.  

That said...unfortunately CK is correct here.  And it's a little more disheartening because there is a card tomorrow, the only one booked, that is empty...and Nick logged in yesterday but didn't put out at least a quick word to us all here.  

I'm very...very, very, VERY...much against poaching.  Have never done it.  Never will.  And I still won't directly reach out to any managers with fighters signed elsewhere.  That said, again, CK is right...unfortunately at this point being that the org has essentially been left abandoned it seems with many fighters going almost two months now without fights...it is kinda fair game poaching season. Still won't reach out directly...but as CK said, there are great options out there...like Sucker Punch, SPPS, SFL, and of course, Sucker Punch Pro Series!  (Since I'm flat out stealing from CK, I had to throw him a bone there!)  🤣

In the meantime, my poor boy Seemah Feet sits bored, waiting for the last fight on his contract!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, BenhornbyMMA said:

Any update on when fights will resume? I have a fighter with one fight left on contract and I wanna fight it out

Appears Nick was on again on the 3rd...but no word given.  There are no cards scheduled at this point...so I think we're basically just all sitting around waiting for our inactivity clauses to kick in...  😟

• Upvote 1

On 3/31/2022 at 3:40 PM, Rambo said:

Combate welcomes WCF fighters with open arms to the sunny beaches of Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. Join us for a caipirinha and a picanha! 

I like Nick a lot, he's been a solid dude in the past and as I said before, I hope all is well in RL.  That said, this is getting a bit silly.  He's been logged on several times...all of these fighters just need to be released at this point rather than letting them sit to rot at a time in their development where they should absolutely be fighting in their prime.  

I've had an excellent relationship with Nick for a long time. WFC has been very important to a good number of my fighters. I have a company that's been the merch partner of WFC for a long time. We would chat on at least a semi-regular basis.

I've had a few conversations with him regarding the current situation with WFC.  First I can tell his other concerned friends that all is well with him and his family.

Seems the biggest problems affecting WFC are what we've all seen before with orgs in this game. Time and burnout. With Nick it started with work and other RL demands cutting back on the time he had to manage WFC.  We started seeing hints quite while ago. Fewer and fewer updates, rankings, FOTN awards, and such.  I suggested six months ago or so that he get some help. He agreed, but never took action on it. I even sent him names of young guys that wanted to learn the org business. For some reason he just couldn't pull the trigger on doing that.  Nick has always been a one man band.

The burn out has really been escalating since then and we've all witnessed just how bad things have gotten the last few months. What I can't speak to, the mystery, is just why he has chosen to handle this the way he has.

I pretty much begged him not to just let WFC die a slow death. I asked him to please do the right thing and either sell, merge, or just release everyone so they can move on. Suggested that he really needed to communicate with everyone. He seems to want to be able to take a break, and come back to it later. Told him there wouldn't be anything to come back to. Guys don't want there fighters to take a break, they'll just leave. Not working at a solution, not exploring options with guys I know have reached out to him, is not going to work. Asked him not to trash a great rep as an org owner by letting WFC just die. There was still time to save the org, there were ways to do it.

That's all I can offer on the subject. I haven't heard back since that last message to him. I know for some folks it's very difficult to let go of something you've created and put a lot of time, effort, and love into. Why he's chosen this path is a mystery and not the Nick I thought I knew.

The good news is that on a personal level things are ok with him, game wise, it's a disaster. Anyone who's been a friend might also want to also try to reach out to him. Anyone who might have a viable idea how to rescue WFC and allow him to hang on to it might also want to reach out before too much more damage is done.

That's all I got guys, hope it helps shed a bit of light on the situation.

Django

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Django said:

I've had an excellent relationship with Nick for a long time. WFC has been very important to a good number of my fighters. I have a company that's been the merch partner of WFC for a long time. We would chat on at least a semi-regular basis.

I've had a few conversations with him regarding the current situation with WFC.  First I can tell his other concerned friends that all is well with him and his family.

Seems the biggest problems affecting WFC are what we've all seen before with orgs in this game. Time and burnout. With Nick it started with work and other RL demands cutting back on the time he had to manage WFC.  We started seeing hints quite while ago. Fewer and fewer updates, rankings, FOTN awards, and such.  I suggested six months ago or so that he get some help. He agreed, but never took action on it. I even sent him names of young guys that wanted to learn the org business. For some reason he just couldn't pull the trigger on doing that.  Nick has always been a one man band.

The burn out has really been escalating since then and we've all witnessed just how bad things have gotten the last few months. What I can't speak to, the mystery, is just why he has chosen to handle this the way he has.

I pretty much begged him not to just let WFC die a slow death. I asked him to please do the right thing and either sell, merge, or just release everyone so they can move on. Suggested that he really needed to communicate with everyone. He seems to want to be able to take a break, and come back to it later. Told him there wouldn't be anything to come back to. Guys don't want there fighters to take a break, they'll just leave. Not working at a solution, not exploring options with guys I know have reached out to him, is not going to work. Asked him not to trash a great rep as an org owner by letting WFC just die. There was still time to save the org, there were ways to do it.

That's all I can offer on the subject. I haven't heard back since that last message to him. I know for some folks it's very difficult to let go of something you've created and put a lot of time, effort, and love into. Why he's chosen this path is a mystery and not the Nick I thought I knew.

The good news is that on a personal level things are ok with him, game wise, it's a disaster. Anyone who's been a friend might also want to also try to reach out to him. Anyone who might have a viable idea how to rescue WFC and allow him to hang on to it might also want to reach out before too much more damage is done.

That's all I got guys, hope it helps shed a bit of light on the situation.

Django

Solid, thanks for the feedback and insight.  I think that is all a more than fair take and view on things.  No excuses given, just facts and general feel.  It's the best that can be done, and your advice was solid.  Your insight into what might be waiting for him upon return and your recommendations and warnings about that were very straightforward, honest and fair as well.  It is all true.  I'm very, very happy to hear that personally and family wise all is well.