What did I learn sacking fighters based on learning speed?

barney

Great stuff here. Has me thinking and pondering quite a bit, which in itself was a great add just to get people thinking a little, even if they come back to the same conclusions in the end, but at least it forces one to think it through again!

Exactly. I dont think I've actually learned something, but definitely raised a lot of doubts.

If you're hidden farming, farm for granite and learning speed (select chin, power, heart). Set a bare minimum confidence threshold; Cut emo fighters who drop to 0 morale imo.

This is how everyone that knows what`s up is doing it.

We have a massive thread about Hiddens report already and we came to the same conclusions as this thread about 3 months ago.

It is important to lose in order to check Morale drop so that is why I say orgs should not allow managers to fight themselves and manipulate sliders so that fighter A loses the first fight and fighter B loses the second fight without any Hype drop.

It is not realistic. Managers should be trying to always win and improve their fighters like in real life.

I have a couple of QFC`s vs VIP managers coming up today, both my fighters already scored 7+ learning speed. Wish me Granite Chins and Heavy Hands on the right pls :)

https://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=941081

https://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=941090

And don`t be afraid to test on the QFC, with good sliders and a bit of luck your 18 yr olds can beat them 25 year olds.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I can't stand the little name change certificate on the top so I always give my fighters the name they will be rolling with if a keeper. Will change if need to upon release.

This is how everyone that knows what`s up is doing it.

We have a massive thread about Hiddens report already and we came to the same conclusions as this thread about 3 months ago.

It is important to lose in order to check Morale drop so that is why I say orgs should not allow managers to fight themselves and manipulate sliders so that fighter A loses the first fight and fighter B loses the second fight without any Hype drop.

It is not realistic. Managers should be trying to always win and improve their fighters like in real life.

I have a couple of QFC`s vs VIP managers coming up today, both my fighters already scored 7+ learning speed. Wish me Granite Chins and Heavy Hands on the right pls :)

https://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=941081

https://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=941090

And don`t be afraid to test on the QFC, with good sliders and a bit of luck your 18 yr olds can beat them 25 year olds.

I'm with you on QFC, because I am lazy as fuck. but pro's and cons to everything. I never been on the testing vs ones self but understand why people do it. fighter rollover too long.

I refuse to dive. Even if I set up sliders to sub spam on ground with guy has no ground game and it is an essential dive, I just soon my fighter win via sub as lose via sub. Either way, fighters getting kept mostly based off learning speed and hidden TOTT. rest of it discovered through trial by combat.

I personally farm for Granite/Solid and KO power, but finding some holes in KO power TOTT more consistently then granite

• Upvote 2

If you're hidden farming, farm for granite and learning speed (select chin, power, heart). Set a bare minimum confidence threshold; Cut emo fighters who drop to 0 morale imo.

Thats exactly what I was doing at first and what happened with Bulgin Dickrilla. Did not come up with granite, but I thought Solid Chin was good enough.

Ended up being a damp squib. Dont think granite chin would make much of a difference there, he would still be all mouth and no trousers.

Meanwhile, I have these guys still with me and still doing reasonably well. Are they the best fighters that came out of that ID range? Fuck no... Are they going to get to #1 p4p? Probably not, most definitely not at my hands... But they doing good.

Untitled.png

• Upvote 1

I can't stand the little name change certificate on the top so I always give my fighters the name they will be rolling with if a keeper. Will change if need to upon release.

I'm with you on QFC, because I am lazy as fuck. but pro's and cons to everything. I never been on the testing vs ones self but understand why people do it. fighter rollover too long.

I refuse to dive. Even if I set up sliders to sub spam on ground with guy has no ground game and it is an essential dive, I just soon my fighter win via sub as lose via sub. Either way, fighters getting kept mostly based off learning speed and hidden TOTT. rest of it discovered through trial by combat.

I personally farm for Granite/Solid and KO power, but finding some holes in KO power TOTT more consistently then granite

You will see it mostly when managers reach the top 50 and start micro-managing their fights selection, roster size, opponent and then when testing comes about they pull this shit.

I haven`t pulled the plug on this yet because I want to give the orgs a chance to manage this ourselves. To show by which colours your org will be remembered once the dust settles.

To be quite honest we don`t need Mike for lots of stuff when it comes to the most important Hidden every manager has: Ethics

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

What about grappler builds? Apart from Chin, what else do you guys choose?

- Chin, Heart, IQ? (I usually go with this one)

- Chin, IQ, Confidence?

- Chin, Heart, Confidence? (probably not, from my understanding IQ is a must)

Almost four years of VIP spent on the experiment. That’s impressive alone.

I wasnt experimenting for this thread tho. I was just rolling for hiddens during 360K ID turnover, some 4-5 months ago I think?

I had the idea to write this yesterday during a chitchat on alliance discord (we just revealed, compared and discussed). The real "extra" cost in VIP days here was the reveal hiddens, IF so... I'd say I just spent a little time. So the real number is, what, 60 days? MAYBE?

We have a lot of threads out there with TotT hierarchy, how to farm for hiddens, etc... But, should you actually BE farming hiddens? Getting a top rank is not tough. During some ID range turnovers (xx0k or xx5k), create 25yos and farm those 18 projects hype. Sack after QFC 2 tier. Repeat. This should take you to top100. Lame.

Sticking with one of these guys is enough to make you enjoy the game and even make some top50-60 managers in this game duck your fight and get fired from the org.

Its nice to have info about what to do on the "endgame" hidden hunting for that #1 p4p, but how do a early/mid game manager do until he gets there? I hope these hiddens report show them that they dont have to repeat what some end game guys do at top tier level.

And we have 2 guys here saying "yeah, I did that and this thread helped me", so I can say the VIP was well spent.

• Upvote 2

- Chin, IQ, Confidence?

If going for TWGC, probably IQ, confidence, maybe heart? Dunno if heart here affects only recovering from KO or enduring a submission and coming back from it (like that legendary Matt Hughes kick in the nuts+rear naked choke comeback). But usually I go TWGC only with guys I built for subs MMA and failed hiddens lol

If going for MMA, 2 options. Heart, Chin, Confidence for submission. Would still go for Heart+chin+ko for a GnP. Then test. If he delivers what you slided for and doesnt lose too much morale after a loss, its a keeper.

• Upvote 1

- Chin, IQ, Confidence?

For pure Grapplers (CATCH / TWGC) I would go with Heart, Confidence and Any other relevant (even learn speed)

For MMA Grapplers I have learned that you basically build them the same way as cookie cutter expect trade in 1 skill for another. For these I would go with Chin, Heart and Confidence.

I have IQ tests just sitting there, you can test intelligence easily so no need to add 30 points upon creation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ALSO, just so everybody knows, you dont have to spend 90 days VIP to retire to Bahamas to check hiddens. Any regular sack to FA fighter, if retired, can be checked.

YES, when you write ID and try to look it out it will show "Not Found". Don't worry, press submit anyway and you will get the results. So if any of you are guessin I spent 95 days of vip/fighter here, you are missing by far.

• Upvote 3

I don`t think anyone is gonna check noob fighters ever again and legends/well trained guys get picked up asa they go up in the FA market.

By now I already know my Hiddens for 5 time #1 P4P Chris Steve so not gonna run him through Hiddens Reveal, will rather spend that VIP helping other managers that are about to run out just like many help me.

Fun exercise though :) Really well done.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

- Chin, IQ, Confidence?

For every single fighter that will compete in MMA (or KT) granite, KO power, heart.

if creating TWGC ace you go IQ, confidence, heart/learning speed. gonna be grappler sparbot.

failed subs with no IQ often results in reverse positions/reversals.

• Upvote 2

For every single fighter that will compete in MMA (or KT) granite, KO power, heart.

if creating TWGC ace you go IQ, confidence, heart/learning speed. gonna be grappler sparbot.

failed subs with no IQ often results in reverse positions/reversals.

I had a reasonably successful submission guy in MMA before with shit IQ. This was before Transitions/Escapes hidden tho

• Upvote 1

I had a reasonably successful submission guy in MMA before with shit IQ. This was before Transitions/Escapes hidden tho

also had low IQ fighters who were KO artist and didn't struggle finishing opponents, but generally speaking lack of IQ will result in subs and stuff being reversed easier just like lack of IQ can result in letting fighters with heart recover when hurt instead of finishing the deed.

• Upvote 3

also had low IQ fighters who were KO artist and didn't struggle finishing opponents, but generally speaking lack of IQ will result in subs and stuff being reversed easier just like lack of IQ can result in letting fighters with heart recover when hurt instead of finishing the deed.

If possible I would strongly suggest for all managers to IQ check all ther fighters.

Not a make it or break it for strikers but for sub artists it is a must.

• Upvote 1

Zé Jiurgite - Hiddens Report.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1305761799jiurgite1.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1305761827jiurgite2.png

Intelligence: 36/150. ("#heritaaage")

Heart: 32/150.

Chin: 71/150.

Injury Proneness: 19/150.

Self Confidence: 146/150.

Cuts: 78/150.

Fast Learner: 150/150.

Natural KO: 5/150.

Average: 67.1/150. Rank: 166,230 out of 197,330 (top 84%)

Experience: 142/150.

Potential: 105/123. (Min 96).

Age Drop Off: 35 years.

Days of Cuts: 1 (Rank: 77,120)

Days of Injuries: 13 (Rank: 75,404)

Yeah I know.... Other times, game is different, another hiddens, more private gyms, more beasts, yadda yadda yadda... But you can still work around bad int and be successful IMHO

• Upvote 1

100% agree, I do the same thing. Hate to see that certificate and I don't like seeing Test A, Test B etc. in the fighter pool.

Just with some FAs its unavoidable.

• Upvote 2

Its rare, but if someone ends up picking up a project I sacked because shit something (learning speed, TotT, whatever) I get REALLY jealous about the name tho...

I think it bothers me more than seeing some "test X" at my fighters list

Its rare, but if someone ends up picking up a project I sacked because shit something (learning speed, TotT, whatever) I get REALLY jealous about the name tho...

I think it bothers me more than seeing some "test X" at my fighters list

like I said, if needed change name and release.

btw with low IQ grapplers, plenty of success stories and variables to take into consideration like your fighter and opponent fighter (skills, sliders, lucky success rolls, etc) but it helps when you have max grappling stats. learning speed ftw to get you there quickly.

100% agree, I do the same thing. Hate to see that certificate and I don't like seeing Test A, Test B etc. in the fighter pool.

Just with some FAs its unavoidable.

All organic and homegrown these days. If I pick up a FA he is a sparbot.

the ocd is real.

• Upvote 2

ALSO, just so everybody knows, you dont have to spend 90 days VIP to retire to Bahamas to check hiddens. Any regular sack to FA fighter, if retired, can be checked.

YES, when you write ID and try to look it out it will show "Not Found". Don't worry, press submit anyway and you will get the results. So if any of you are guessin I spent 95 days of vip/fighter here, you are missing by far.

Lot good stuff in this thread, but I absolutely did not know you could do any sacked, retired fighter. I thought it was just the straight to Bahamas guys.

Didn't realise you get a certificate when you name change. Not that I care really. I picked up one of Grumpy's fighters and there's no way I'm moving forward with Crotch Sniffer or Taint Licker or whatever his name was.

I was satisfied to see those changes tbh. You and Bradley did good deeds.

• Upvote 2