2020 Awards - Names for committee

TJMitchell

Tbh, I don't see how alliances matter, since people here are both mature and reasonable enough not to vote for someone just because the person is in their alliance.

No they are not. I think 2 from each of the top orgs would be kinda optimal

LOD: Mentor, Alikka, Whymer

Underground: Tev (is he back on action?), Matty Fernandez, Nate Baker

Syndicate: Igor Peixoto, JW

KW: Xyel, Aylib, DeadDisney, Chuck

Stepdads: Just any 2, except for Giuseppe (too "shit stirrer") and Ryan (too much going IRL)

Finn: John Coffey and Jorma

Naughtly Crew: Alfred and Butch

Convicted: Mannetosen has been here forever and is who taught me pretty much how to play, can't leave him out of this lol. Other obvious choice would probably be Chris, he is always around

YABAI: Same as stepdads, probably any just 2 that step up are just fine, I think we have AJ and Bwang already, both really great

The Guardians: LOTS of Org knowledge here, any 2 from here would be great if they are willing to step up. Rocket also a great vote for designing awards.

GBU: BObb Mogg and Valentina's ass (you cant leave Blake out, guys was already dominating the game by keeping himself relevant at the top 10 since I came back 1 year ago)

Something like this would give us around 22 managers with a large opinion pool, still quite democractic and balanced. Of course, they still need to step in. You can just throw people's name in here and fuck it they are it... Its just the brainstorm

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nominations make your voice and vote heard there. Present your case and who you'd vote for during the nomination process.

For the love of god keep it simple and limit the voices this year. If it fails, expand next year. Mass committee was trialed with the failed and defunct "Game Development group".

TJ

Aylib

Alfred

PBR

j666, Mannetosen, or Kelly

Buff Minion or Scotty

Hare Rumpler

Pick a Finn

Bjorn or Akila *

Grump **

* I don't think Belgium MMA math can be trusted. I wouldn't put them on here this year but it seems most of you are ok with it

** served the greatest country fighting gooks or towel heads so you can play pretend mma manager

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Camara is banned from voting process for using multi(s) to vote and fishing for votes off site.

If everybody else is cool with it, then maybe you're allowed to make nominations.

MAYBE a guy that steal avatars shouldn't be a part of this, just saying

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

MAYBE a guy that steal avatars shouldn't be a part of this, just saying

Nominations are nominations.

I'd just like to leave the voting to the Senate, aka the People chosen by the people, not everybody who raises their hand, and keep it simple. 5 to 11 impartial adults can vote on a winner and don't drag it out. Mike can have the results within a week.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Camara is banned from voting process for using multi(s) to vote and fishing for votes off site.

If everybody else is cool with it, then maybe you're allowed to make nominations.

lol that`s incorrect.

In case you haven`t noticed this whole Committee is being created because I have won the highest honours 3 years in a row, hence the Tri-Champ name :)

So you guys want to privatize the awards ceremony? lol tons of managers are active in Buzz and don`t post here, tons of managers are active in the lower levels of orgs and don`t post here.

The reason why I`m so popular is because I challenge the status quo and when push comes to shove I beat the breaks out of anyone, yourself included.

Why do you think Vlad Dracula is gonna be the last fighter to be picked as an opponent in the GONY tournament? Because he has a scary avatar?

lol

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

we're also 2 months away from when nominations should be made. corona could get most of you fuckers by then. jumping the gun early with this pre-ejaculatory committee.

:rolling: Ok, that one was pretty damned funny, on a number of fronts! :jerry: I'd get my popcorn, but I do NOT want it buttered in that way!

Keep the shit fighting out of the thread cause it sure as hell won't help anyone's chances of being selected.

Can you please quote who you are speaking to?

Nobody is shit fighting, we are posting real questions here.

Your original post is extremely vague, it`s like somehow we all missed the first 4 seasons of GoT and you crowned yourself Daenerys Taergaryan and so everyone is trying to play the series backwards.

When you guys introduced this idea of the committee at the end of last year`s awards it was about policing a bit nominees (for example who qualifies for Manager of teh Year awards) and stuff but not straight up deciding who wins the awards.

You took something we had already left in shaking grounds and cameback as if we all put it to a unanimous vote.

Feel free to disagree or debate this but:

1) Do it in a professional polite manner

2) see how people react and then take it from there

• Downvote 1

Keep the shit fighting out of the thread cause it sure as hell won't help anyone's chances of being selected.

Sorry TJ

Nominations make your voice and vote heard there. Present your case and who you'd vote for during the nomination process.

For the love of god keep it simple and limit the voices this year. If it fails, expand next year. Mass committee was trialed with the failed and defunct "Game Development group".

TJ

Aylib

Alfred

PBR

j666, Mannetosen, or Kelly

Buff Minion or Scotty

Hare Rumpler

Pick a Finn

Bjorn or Akila *

Grump **

* I don't think Belgium MMA math can be trusted. I wouldn't put them on here this year but it seems most of you are ok with it

** served the greatest country fighting gooks or towel heads so you can play pretend mma manager

I'd stand by this if the names in here are ok. This looks quite solid

PBR hasn`t posted in ages, the only thing he has posted is how he is leaving the game, is unhappy with Mike and to threaten to ban anyone that mentions Humors.

How is that solid in any way, shape or form?

To not include Mentor, after he has expressed interest is insulting. He has the most tenured org and leads the most populated alliance. If anything we hsould be looking at his leadership to handle this year`s awards and not exclude him like most people try year after year.

All alliances, if they want representation should be given representation.

The discussion in the last 2 pages of this thread is exactly how we agreed to disagree to hold 2020 awards: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64783&page=5

And Final thoughts were somewhere around (bolded):

Give Camara the award already and quit the bitching.

If America has taught us anything with Trump/Clinton is that public polls are popularity contest and the majority of Americans are stupid.

Keep public nomination process. Roll committee next year, see how it goes. 1 person per alliance, pick 5, 7, or 9 alliances. Depending on how many you can find with active member who will remember to vote in most categories.

Always think it's funny how much more attention the awards get after the voting process...

How we went from this to the OP (agreeing to let TJ, Aylib and Alfred run the committee selection) is a true mistery. Oh wait... we didn`t.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Nobody is shit fighting, we are posting real questions here.

Including the now hidden part about avatars?

Also, you literally re-posted this:-

Keep public nomination process. Roll committee next year, see how it goes. 1 person per alliance, pick 5, 7, or 9 alliances. Depending on how many you can find with active member who will remember to vote in most categories.

which is what is currently happening right now.

So stop trying to cause trouble. Seriously. You're complaining about things that don't matter.

This wasn't the idea by the way.

"When you guys introduced this idea of the committee at the end of last year`s awards it was about policing a bit nominees (for example who qualifies for Manager of teh Year awards) and stuff but not straight up deciding who wins the awards."

See here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64857

Some of my nominations. Might miss a couple of people but I think all these people could do a good job.

TJ

Gwad

Aylib

Chris

j666

Randall who runs PULSE (can't remember his forum handle)

HareRumpler

thb

Camara

Mentor

Grumpy

Action Jackson

Marky Mark

Bwang

Alfred Winterbottom

Blake Phoenix

Scotty

I didn't account for alliances or anything like that because I don't pay attention to those. I picked people I'd trust to give it a real go and make proper picks.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

So stop trying to cause trouble. Seriously. You're complaining about things that don't matter.

No man, they do matter.

So your $30 a year and Alfred`s and Aylibs get to decide who gets in this commitee?

How about my $30 a year?

Try to answer that in a polite manner and we can discuss.

I am good to participate in a committee that will implement better guidelines such as:

- Best New Manager of the Year join date: This has always been an issue, particularly in years with little new talent (i.e. 2019)

or

- Criteria for Breakthrough Manager of the Year: Again, former top 10 P4P managers should not qualify as they "broke through" in years past

or

- Maximum number of votes per alliance: obvious issues are obvious, and would cause trouble in alliance of the year award for example

The committee option metioned last year was concerning a guideline committee not this Bolshevik BS.

Everyone should be allowed to vote.

You want to implement some 3 month tenure for voters like we discussed last year yeah maybe, we will run it by the committee.

But again, I repeat: Everyone should be allowed to vote.

You guys are acting as if this game has the leisure of acting elitist. It doesn`t.

No man, they do matter.

So your $30 a year and Alfred`s and Aylibs get to decide who gets in this commitee?

How about my $30 a year?

Try to answer that in a polite manner and we can discuss.

I am good to participate in a committee that will implement better guidelines such as:

- Best New Manager of the Year join date: This has always been an issue, particularly in years with little new talent (i.e. 2019)

or

- Criteria for Breakthrough Manager of the Year: Again, former top 10 P4P managers should not qualify as they "broke through" in years past

or

- Maximum number of votes per alliance: obvious issues are obvious, and would cause trouble in alliance of the year award for example

The committee option metioned last year was concerning a guideline committee not this Bolshevik BS.

Everyone should be allowed to vote.

You want to implement some 3 month tenure for voters like we discussed last year yeah maybe, we will run it by the committee.

But again, I repeat: Everyone should be allowed to vote.

You guys are acting as if this game has the leisure of acting elitist. It doesn`t.

If you weren't trying to derail things you would've brought this up in the 10 months prior not now.

Go read the January/February threads where you yourself were onboard with the committee idea

"15 minimum and you have to remove Mike, he will ask us to figure it out.

With an uneven committee you won’t get draws."

You didn't want Mike involved and now you don't want Moderators making decisions either? You've known about it all year so stop derailing the thread.

The stuff you've pulled over the years with offsite vote grabbing, multi's and gym sharing, trying to swap an FA with your own multi and trying to game the ranking system to mike himself you're lucky you still even have an account.

And that is me being polite.

• Upvote 2

I might not be the most experienced of managers in here...but I have always been pretty unbiased towards anyone,and I think that I have always got on very well with most people in the game,hence, I feel that i know this game well enough to be in the committee...so I'll put my name forward too.

I'm waiting for camara to explode now.

• Upvote 2

I added PBR to the list to complete the list of mods (unless he quit), even if he isn't a mod anymore, he was a mod for a decade. If he felt like it, sign em up. If he doesn't, no surprise, don't sign em up. Duphus would of been solid too.

Nomination process is like the public voting process now. Put forth your nomination, provide an intelligent reason why (if necessary and not obvious i.e. Latrobe Arundel for Fighter of the Year), and they'll likely read it and take it into consideration.

Realistically Mike should be able to pass these babies out by himself, but somebody's gotta filter through all of Camara's customer service complaints.

"15 minimum and you have to remove Mike, he will ask us to figure it out.

With an uneven committee you won’t get draws."

I stand by this but the only power the committee should have is helping with the criteria. Not having them pick the winners.

Nobody agreed to that in any thread whatsoever.

Also that "committee" thread you posted is a joke : http://www.mmatycoon...showtopic=64857

Conversation ended, and TJ posted one comment saying he would run the committee, 1 manager (Bjorn) agreed and now you want to pass that as the rule ?

That`s not how things work, everyone can read.

You want to be taken serious then show that you can at least sell your ideas.

I told you to debate in an intelligent manner, not: If you weren't trying to derail things ....

Who is derailing?

I`m making concise points here.

Go take a look at Discord from yesterday where a bunch of managers agree that I am making good points but people keep getting triggered from issues past and cannot hold an intelligent conversation. That includes you TJ on this very thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Any discussions about the past and or the idea of a committee are:

1) completely irrelevant

2) obnoxious (and will hopefully be cleaned by mods)

The 2020 awards will be with a committee, that has already been set.

Should certain people not be able to respect the very simple rule that this is a nomination thread and not a discussion about the idea of using a committee, then continuous derailing will result in forum bans for those respective managers. Keep it clean.