Known issues with new forum

admin

1. Clicking to page 1 | 2 | 3 >> etc doesnt work when you are viewing a topic.

Workaround until it's fixed: Those links do work from the main forum. You can also right click and copy link, then paste that into the address bar. 

2. General point. It seems painfully slow to load some pages, potentially before it's cached. Once cached it seems fast. 

• admin pinned this topic

Will there be option for disabling ALL signatures (specially signatures with pictures)?

There are some large pictures used by some members (which is perfectly fine) but it would be nice to see option to disable signatures from showing. This would greatly benefit the usability and responsivity of the forums to these users. 

Thank you + new forum looks cool!

• Upvoting and downvoting posts does not seem to work.
  • The forum does not seem to be respecting previous formatting especially as it relates to carriage returns and line spacing.  In some cases it seems to have added more space in between, in others removed spacing between lines.  Formatting of prior posts in general is sucky now.
  • Our prior signatures seem to be gone?  
  • Our forum pictures seem to be gone?
  • As others have said, trying to do an insert of a picture from the button at the bottom, "Other Media" and choosing image from URL results in the spinny thingy for me in Chrome...
  • And then when you paste a link like I just did there, you get an undefined error like this:
  • Clicking "Mark Forum as Read" has a ridiculous delay.
  • The latency on page returns isn't related to having been to them and caching or not...coming into this thread again the second and then the third time, the third time was considerably longer than the other times I came to it.
  • Saving a post after editing is extremely slow as well at times.
  • Clicking to Edit a post results in a significant delay before the editor pops up.

Also...this... https://i.gyazo.com/d02d27d27e3076211cba0cee414feec6.png

Is taking up entirely too much space to the right of the forum, on top of how narrow they are already, essentially "squishing" the forum narrower than needed.  It basically creates a narrow, horrible feeling forum, with a ton of white vertical space on each side, and a lot of white space throughout as well due to the horrible added spacing in many cases between paragraphs on the old posts. It's caused a very ugly feel and "uninviting" nature to the forums, I'd imagine if we can't fix those issues people are going to be much less likely to want to bother writing out details reviews.  The page would be two miles long.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about...this wasn't remotely like this before with a single empty line between paragraphs:  https://i.gyazo.com/c477094bbc35cc2daf0984d5b402c69d.png  It's evidenced in this post that I'm writing now as well, as there is only one line above between the first paragraph I wrote here and this paragraph, yet look at all that wasted white space!

Finally changed my password.

Gotta say I was a fan of the old design, even tho I recognize this one would be more "modern" and yadda yadda yadda. I think its too shiny, it kinda hurts the eye if you are scrolling in a dark room.

Will Edit here if find more bugs.

Good work fixing the forum, Mike. Thank you

Edit 1: I had 1 warning before migrating to new forum and it doesnt show anymore.

Edit 2: There is no more "Back to the game and stay logged in" button? that was extremely useful

3 hours ago, barney said:

Finally changed my password.

Gotta say I was a fan of the old design, even tho I recognize this one would be more "modern" and yadda yadda yadda. I think its too shiny, it kinda hurts the eye if you are scrolling in a dark room.

Will Edit here if find more bugs.

Good work fixing the forum, Mike. Thank you

Edit 1: I had 1 warning before migrating to new forum and it doesnt show anymore.

Edit 2: There is no more "Back to the game and stay logged in" button? that was extremely useful

This is indeed a major missing factor when browsing the forums.  
This functionality was very useful and is now nowhere to be seen, or at least as far as I can see.

A workaround to going back to the game is clicking on anyone's Manager Profile - the link you speak of is one I had never found.

Also, the forums seems to be moving very smoothly now, both on my laptop and phone, and the central text column isn't squished anymore but spreads over the screen naturally, so the forum looks pretty good now.

One thing though - I still have the issue where after every log off, I need to reset password to log back in, which isn't great.

2 minutes ago, Xyel said:

A workaround to going back to the game is clicking on anyone's Manager Profile - the link you speak of is one I had never found.

Also, the forums seems to be moving very smoothly now, both on my laptop and phone, and the central text column isn't squished anymore but spreads over the screen naturally, so the forum looks pretty good now.

One thing though - I still have the issue where after every log off, I need to reset password to log back in, which isn't great.

Loading speed indeed seems up compared to yesterday. Still not brilliant, but at least somewhat workable.

All the functionality issues should be sorted now. 

How's the speed for you guys? It's still really hit and miss for me. 

The "back to game" thing was just a custom menu item that I added... I will sort all that sort of stuff once we're working properly. And I'll add a couple more dark skins etc. 

Just now, MMATycoon said:

All the functionality issues should be sorted now. 

How's the speed for you guys? It's still really hit and miss for me. 

The "back to game" thing was just a custom menu item that I added... I will sort all that sort of stuff once we're working properly. And I'll add a couple more dark skins etc. 

Speed seems way better for me than at first after the change.
Only very slow action is for me to save an edited post.

As for the 'back to game'-button, that would be very sweet if it could be added later again. 
The possibility of changing the forum to a dark skin if wanted, would be a nice addition as well.