Combate - Official Thread

DRussellMMA

On 8/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, Icon73 said:

This is untrue.

I offered you the deal and you said you would rather Leifsson get the fight.

Kilo Accepted then I sent you the contract only for you to sit on it for a week so I rescinded the offer. Kilo Accepted and actually sent Babinski your wayMr. McNasty was offered a deal from syn to return and rematch Kilo but turned it down. so you could try and build hype up before fighting him

McNasty was offered a rematch.2008623426_ClodomilDualib.gif.052c61f38a8bcec90455a73ac8875a68.gif

16064695715740.jpg
Mister "White Tyson" McNasty
265 lbs, Combate
35-16-1
9 p4p

Incorrect, Leiffson agreed to the bout right away and then Kilo got silent and all of a sudden didn't want it and got booked with Mumu. 
Then you replied that I wouldn't be guaranteed a direct rematch either if I signed.
As me and my manager were far from pleased with how Kilo calls his shots, we decided to sign to another top org and we haven't regretted the move one second. 
Good luck with Syn, some of my teammates are still there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, bjornmma1 said:

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
35-16-1
9 p4p

Incorrect, Leiffson agreed to the bout right away and then Kilo got silent and all of a sudden didn't want it and got booked with Mumu. 
Then you replied that I wouldn't be guaranteed a direct rematch either if I signed.
As me and my manager were far from pleased with how Kilo calls his shots, we decided to sign to another top org and we haven't regretted the move one second. 
Good luck with Syn, some of my teammates are still there.

Not even gonna RP for this one. Mate please don't lie cause thats literally not true.

I said for a fact that Leifson would fight the winner of Mumu vs Kilo so please do not lie.

I will post screen shots if you're gonna continue to slander my integrity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 8/15/2021 at 7:41 PM, Icon73 said:

Not even gonna RP for this one. Mate please don't lie cause thats literally not true.

I said for a fact that Leifson would fight the winner of Mumu vs Kilo so please do not lie.

I will post screen shots if you're gonna continue to slander my integrity.

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
35-16-1
9 p4p

Now you are saying a totally different story, lol. 
A story that I actually agree with. 

First Leiffson would face Kilo, only to later hear that Mumu would be first and that Leifsson could fight the winner afterwards.
He had no interested in that, as Leifsson is a HFC fighter and wasn't interested in waiting to see what two guys in another org would do until he could get a fight. 
So yes, what you just said is correct, I'm glad it is. It is way better than to hear fake news.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bjornmma1 said:

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
35-16-1
9 p4p

Now you are saying a totally different story, lol. 
A story that I actually agree with. 

First Leiffson would face Kilo, only to later hear that Mumu would be first and that Leifsson could fight the winner afterwards.
He had no interested in that, as Leifsson is a HFC fighter and wasn't interested in waiting to see what two guys in another org would do until he could get a fight. 
So yes, what you just said is correct, I'm glad it is. It is way better than to hear fake news.

Okay so you went from saying Kilo declined to He accepted but was gonna have a fight and you didnt wanna wait around (which is BS since Babinski was sent your way to fight in the mean time so you literally wouldn't be waiting at all, just building him up more).

You went from saying you were never offered a rematch to you agree to my "story" of McNasty giving up his rematch to Leif 

You also 100% sat on the contracts. You AGREED TO FIGHT THE WINNER then never accepted the deal because of some dumb rules you made up yourself "I don't negotiate with other orgs while I'm under contract" which HFC was never gonna release you so you would never not be under contract. 

Stop lying please its so infuriating. I have message with you, your org owner and Kilos manager that prove I have not told a single lie.

If you wanna trash talk thats cool but please I beg don't lie on my name. Ive only been fair to you and you seem to be painting me in this negative light for no reason.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

Okay so you went from saying Kilo declined to He accepted but was gonna have a fight and you didnt wanna wait around (which is BS since Babinski was sent your way to fight in the mean time so you literally wouldn't be waiting at all, just building him up more).

You went from saying you were never offered a rematch to you agree to my "story" of McNasty giving up his rematch to Leif 

You also 100% sat on the contracts. You AGREED TO FIGHT THE WINNER then never accepted the deal because of some dumb rules you made up yourself "I don't negotiate with other orgs while I'm under contract" which HFC was never gonna release you so you would never not be under contract. 

Stop lying please its so infuriating. I have message with you, your org owner and Kilos manager that prove I have not told a single lie.

If you wanna trash talk thats cool but please I beg don't lie on my name. Ive only been fair to you and you seem to be painting me in this negative light for no reason.

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
35-16-1
9 p4p

You bore me to death with your long replies and turns. 

If Kilo asks you for his next favor and it happens to be me or Leifsson, I might be interested, I might not be interested. He doesn't dictate anyone's career, nor can he define it. As said, have fun with Kilo at Syn, this is Combate and I reign the division now, without any requests and shit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

23 minutes ago, bjornmma1 said:

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
35-16-1
9 p4p

You bore me to death with your long replies and turns. 

If Kilo asks you for his next favor and it happens to be me or Leifsson, I might be interested, I might not be interested. He doesn't dictate anyone's career, nor can he define it. As said, have fun with Kilo at Syn, this is Combate and I reign the division now, without any requests and shit.

Mate nobody made requests. You're literally making stuff up. I was offered a top 10 p4p fighter for a title fight and took it.

Its called smart business. It was our highest selling PPV outside of supernova in a long time.

Never did anybody a favor. Stop spreading false BS mate

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

Mate nobody made requests. You're literally making stuff up. I was offered a top 10 p4p fighter for a title fight and took it.

Its called smart business. It was our highest selling PPV outside of supernova in a long time.

Never did anybody a favor. Stop spreading false BS mate

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
35-16-1
9 p4p

I wasn't offered a guaranteed direct rematch with Kilo if I signed back and that is what I want to make clear, as you said otherwise. 

My manager does not mind how you run your org, as otherwise why would he have multiple guys of his team there? 

I myself just wanted to make clear that the guaranteed Kilo-rematch wasn't on the table when I was out of contract and that is all. Bye now, until another time. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
36-16-1
8 p4p

Succesfully defended my belt and did so with style, as usual ??

McNasty creates a bit of space for himself and rocks Fujimoto with a big uppercut! Fujimoto tries to clinch up but McNasty pushes him back against the cage and lands another monster strike that crumples Fujimoto to the mat! Fujimoto covers up and McNasty unloads with more strikes until the referee steps in to end the bout!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 4:11 of round 2, we have a winner by way of TKO (Punches). Mister McNasty!
Mister McNasty retains his heavyweight title!
Mister McNasty bigged himself up after the win. The crowd seemed to love it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
37-16-1
7 p4p

Succesfully defended my belt, again, and did so with style, again.  Don't let my good looks fool you. 

McNasty lands an uppercut in the clinch that drops Muller to his knees! McNasty keeps firing more shots against his stricken opponent and the referee jumps in to save him!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:28 of round 2, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Mister McNasty!
Mister McNasty retains his heavyweight title!
Mister McNasty decided to go for the less than humble approach in his post fight interview, telling everyone how he is going to conquer the world. The crowd seemed to like it when really that sort of approach could have gone either way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

C68: Steve VS Gulf - Review

Bout #1 - Wolfgang Brandstatter (16-10-1) beats Athos Knox (15-6-1) by unanimous decision

The first fight of the night proved to be an exciting striking fest which Brandstatter won by unanimous decision. Knox came out as the more aggressive puncher, throwing a total of 101 punches excluding combos, but only 28 were able to find their target. Brandstatter however was the more aggressive fighter overall with a total of 163 strikes thrown and 76 landing. Nearly half of Brandstatter's attacks were kicks, as opposed to his opponent who was only throwing punches. The shocking moment of the fight came inside the second round, when Brandstatter was rocked by Knox's counter right hand that caught him right on the jaw. The eventual winner was very quick to recover however, as he scored with a low kick while still on wobbly legs. Knox's lack of killer instinct enabled his opponent to fully recover and win the round and eventually the whole fight. I can only imagine how he must be feeling on that flight back home.

Bout #2 - Calixto Cardona (25-15) beats Masa Funaki (14-12) by unanimous decision

Up next we had Cardona and Funaki entertain us in yet another striking fest between two experienced lightweights. Cardona was the more aggressive stand up fighter, landing a cool 26 strikes in the 64 strikes he threw. Funaki was more focused into getting his opponent in the clinch but was still able to land 16 attacks out of the 45 he threw. Immediately after the bell rang Funaki initiated a clinch as he pushed his opponent against the cage. A fair amount of time was spent in the clinch, with both fighters successfully scoring three clinches each. Funaki's diverse striking inside the clinch gave him a huge advantage over his opponent who was only looking to punch. Cardona's standup dominance secured him the judges' favor as he walked away with a hard earned win.

Bout #3 - Mickey Garcia (17-6) beats Stanley Steele (25-10-1) by Submission (Strikes)

The third fight of the night was a middleweight banger where we got to see the first finish of the night as Garcia made Steele submit due to strikes in the third round. Garcia showed class in this fight, scoring 33 out of 61 strikes to his opponent's 22 out of 57. He also had the advantage in the clinch, dominating it with 11 strikes landed in the 17 he threw. Steele was not defenceless in the clinch because he also put out his fair share of punishment by landing 5 knees to the head among other strikes. The moment that had the arena roaring in excitement came in the first round as Garcia showed great all round skills as he instigated a clinch, dominated it, pulled guard, did a sweep and controlled from top position. Any MMA fan would be impressed by that great display of skill. The deciding factor came 3 minutes into the third and final as Garcia rocked Steele and capitalized quickly by dropping him with a big left hand. The moment he was on the ground, Steele knew the referee was going to take too long to save him so he tapped out and lost his manhood in the process. Just kidding haha.

FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE BOUT

Balagot Liu (20-3-1) beats Rukter Demenok (10-3) by split decision

In this one of a kind card the fourth fight was a title defense where the champ Liu defended his belt against Demenok. The fight was an absolute classic that went the distance, that's 25 minutes of entertainment! The champion did not have an easy time defending his belt as he got out struck by his opponent. Demenok came out swinging, throwing a total of 225 strikes and landing 88 of them. The champ was more aggressive as his number of attacks threw adds up to 240 but only 70 landed. Now you're probably asking "if the champ was bested in stand up then how come the judges gave him the win?". While it's true that the challenger was the better striker it's also worth mentioning that the champ was hitting where it mattered as 53 of his 70 strikes landed were on the challenger's head. Demenok registered 43 successful head strikes. Head strikes matter more in the judges' scorecards, that's the only logical reason as to how the champ won the fight in my opinion.

WELTERWEIGHT TITLE BOUT

Bobby Bobblehead (20-6) beats Tobias Murphy (30-17) by split decision.

The final bout of the undercard had the welterweight title being defended by the champ Tobias Murphy. The champ was slightly better than his opponent in standup but it was Bobblehead's ground game that secured him the Combate Welterweight championship. The challenger was also dishing out a decent amount of punishment on the champ's face with 44 head punches landed. Murphy was more successful in his leg kicks with 26 finding their target, but it wasn't enough to retain him his championship.

LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE BOUT

Verneri Ahma (26-17) beats Hugh Honey (33-12-1) by TKO (Strikes)

The sixth fight of the night saw Hugh Honey lose his lightweight title to Verneri Ahma. Unlike the most other fights on the card, this one didn't spend the majority of it's duration on the outside. Both guys were eager to clinch and punish each other from there. Ahma was also pushing to get the fight to the ground, and I could see why because he made the champion's groundwork look like a walk in the park. Honey managed to rock Ahma in the third round, but the challenger's swift recovery prevented the champion of taking advantage of this window of opportunity. Ahma took the fight to the ground very early in the last round and was unleashing a vicious ground and pound but Honey was defending himself quite well. Ahma got his big break in the last two minutes of the fight as he got the champion to open up and cracked him with a right hand. The rocked champ could not take more of the strikes to the face and as a result he gave up his back which Ahma gladly took and continued to drop some heavy shots until the referee stopped the fight. A very dramatic finish to a dramatic fight, mostly because I had them tied 2-2 going into the last round.

BANTAMWEIGHT TITLE BOUT

Eduardo Corassa (20-6-2) beats Charlie Chaplin (17-5) by TKO (Strikes)

Up next we saw another champion get dethroned as Charlie Chaplin lost his bantamweight title to Eduardo Corassa. The decision of this fight was shocking because up until the moment he got rocked, the champion was slightly dominating the fight. Of the 34 strikes he threw, Chaplin landed 17 of them while Corassa scored 14 out of 31 strikes. Corassa rocked the champion in the opening moments of round two, and while the champion tried fighting on wobbly legs the challenger saw through his farce and landed a counter that dropped the champion and started dropping some big shots until the referee intervened. A cool finish by Corassa, those dynamite fists are sure to take him far in the bantamweight division.

SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT

Tobig Tofail (15-2) beats Jim Bob McDonald (34-15-1) by TKO (Strikes)

With three champions falling in consecutive matches Tobig Tofail was no doubt under pressure to his retain his own title in the 8th fight of the night. The champion put on an impressive striking display with 45 of his 95 strikes finding their target. Mcdonald was only able to land 23 of his 72 strikes on the champion, and that proved to be far from enough to get him the super heavyweight title. The champion knocked his opponent down twice in the first round and in one of those occasions he really rocked his opponent. After his failure to put the challenger away in the first round the champion proceeded to dish out the same kind of punishment in the second round but the challenger was well prepared and stood on equal footing with the champ. In the third round Tofail knocked his opponent down yet again and this time he waved his tired opponent to his feet where he fed him a couple more big shots forcing the referee to stop the fight much to the challenger's complaints. McDonald should have defended himself if he wanted the referee to let the fight continue.

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT

Mohammed Kahn (14-3-1) beats Kazuma Kuwabara (28-12-1) by KO (Punch)

Just when everyone thought the curse of champions was over Muhammad Kahn springs it back to life as he snatched the Light Heavyweight title from Kazuma Kuwabara in the co-main event of the evening. The champion started out strong as he got the fight to his domain on the ground, but after 8 failed submission attempts in the next two minutes the referee was forced to stand the fighters back up. Immediately after the stand up the champ instigated a clinch, which proved to be a very bad decision because that's where Kahn started getting his rhythm as he punished the champion with shots from the inside. This clinch domination earned Kahn the first round. In the second round both fighters were more interested in staying on the outside and testing each other's striking prowess. Kuwabara was winning most of these striking exchanges but he lacked power so Kahn displayed his own and knocked out his opponent for the belt.

MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE BOUT

Chris Steve (49-10) beats Leyte Gulf (14-3) by KO (Punch)

The main event saw Chris Steve put a decisive end to the challengers' reign on this Champions Carnival (Ippo fans know) card. The champion dominated the stand up exchanges as he registered a total of 10 strikes landed to his opponent's 3. He also slightly had the upper hand inside the clinch as he scored one strike more than his opponent. Steve moved the fight to the clinch as soon as the bell rang, but he didn't do a lot before his opponent dragged the fight to the ground. After Gulf's inactivity on the ground the fight was forced back up where the champ engaged the challenger in a clinch once again. After winning the first round the champ was high in confidence and that projected through his fists as he knocked down and rocked his opponent just mere seconds into the first round. He then let Gulf stand back up as he wanted a spectacular finish to the fight. The finish came a minute later when Gulf ducked into Steve's uppercut and was knocked out cold as a result. Huge props to Gulf for continuing to fight after the unintentional low blow by Steve just before the conclusion

• Upvote 4

Just now, MauriceSimmons said:

//
Mohammed Kahn (14-3-1) beats Kazuma Kuwabara (28-12-1) by KO (Punch)
Just when everyone thought the curse of champions was over Muhammad Kahn springs it back to life as he snatched the Light Heavyweight title from Kazuma Kuwabara in the co-main event of the evening. The champion started out strong as he got the fight to his domain on the ground, but after 8 failed submission attempts in the next two minutes the referee was forced to stand the fighters back up. Immediately after the stand up the champ instigated a clinch, which proved to be a very bad decision because that's where Kahn started getting his rhythm as he punished the champion with shots from the inside. This clinch domination earned Kahn the first round. In the second round both fighters were more interested in staying on the outside and testing each other's striking prowess. Kuwabara was winning most of these striking exchanges but he lacked power so Kahn displayed his own and knocked out his opponent for the belt.
//

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
37-16-1
6 p4p

Kahn is a gigantic fucking tosser. 
Went to Syn at an early age, only to fight two guys of his own ID-range (350k), went 1-1. Could just as well have stayed at the ID-level then. 
Then got offered two sacrificial lambs on his dinner table, going up against a 25-21-0 fighter and 20-12-0, both with over 10 tko-losses on their record.

His manager called this damn good org very disprectfully 'B-league', but now joined it with Kahn and wants to act like a big boy. 
Irony GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, bjornmma1 said:

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
37-16-1
6 p4p

Kahn is a gigantic fucking tosser. 
Went to Syn at an early age, only to fight two guys of his own ID-range (350k), went 1-1. Could just as well have stayed at the ID-level then. 
Then got offered two sacrificial lambs on his dinner table, going up against a 25-21-0 fighter and 20-12-0, both with over 10 tko-losses on their record.

His manager called this damn good org very disprectfully 'B-league', but now joined it with Kahn and wants to act like a big boy. 
Irony GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Talk your shit!!

1 hour ago, bjornmma1 said:

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
37-16-1
6 p4p

One in a million.

you're right. the other 999,999,999 you get knocked out before the 5th round. Usually by the 3rd.

you know what else is one in a million? your Mom, my sack, because I don't even like Belgiums, but that totally happened too. Your whole family got Bjorned that night son.

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

you're right. the other 999,999,999 you get knocked out before the 5th round. Usually by the 3rd.

you know what else is one in a million? your Mom, my sack, because I don't even like Belgiums, but that totally happened too. Your whole family got Bjorned that night son.

16064695715740.jpg
265 lbs, Combate
37-16-1
6 p4p

'Original'

• Downvote 1

C69: McNasty vs. Gee Preview

Fight fans are to be prepared for an evening of entertainment on the 23rd of October as Combate hosts yet another star studded event. We'll get to see a top 10 Pound for Pound fighter and a few other experienced men slug it out inside the Redeemerarena with 20000 Brazilians watching. Let me not hold you back any longer, my name is Maurice Simmons and let's get into this preview!

MAIN EVENT

Heavyweight Title Bout

The number 6 Pound for Pound fighter in the world and number 1 in Combate Mister "White Tyson" McNasty (37-16-1) defends his Heavyweight Title against number 15 in Combate Inspektor Gee (17-8) in a contest that is sure to excite fight fans all across the world. Following his loss to Kilo Maluga McNasty was welcomed to the Combate roster with a title shot which he won by TKO and followed it up with two title defenses that he also won by TKO. Thirty two of McNasty's wins out of his thirty seven overall have come by knockout, with 13 if those being in the very first round. His offense, however, isn't the only reason he has made it so far in his career as he also posseses some tough defensive qualities. Out of his sixteen losses, only three have been by KO with the rest being decisions, so it's more than fair to say that he's tough as nails. It's also worth noting that those three KO losses have been rather recent so his chin is not as strong as it was during his youth days. McNasty comes into the fight riding a cool three fight win streak and he has informed me that this momentum will be pivotal in his mission to "purge" the Combate heavyweight division. Although being a heavy underdog in this fight, the 32 year old Inspektor Gee has no intention of making this a walk in the park for the 37 year old McNasty. Coming off two back to back wins, it's safe to say that Gee is finally finding his feet in the tough Combate heavyweight division. This is not the first time Gee has gotten a title shot after two straight Combate wins though, the last time this happened he lost to the former champion Karim Johnson, who in turn lost the title to Gee's upcoming opponent. Like his opponent, he has a high KO rate with sixteen of his seventeen wins being by knockout and ten of those being In the first round. Unlike his opponent however, he has also made us suspect his chin quite a few times as seven of his eight losses are by knockout. This will be a tough hill to climb for Gee but his enthusiasm when I talked to him makes me believe he might just have what it takes to pull it off. Last Saturday he told me "This has been a long time coming. That belt is mine and it doesn't matter who I have to beat to get it.". This will be a slug fest for the ages, you don't wanna miss it!

Prediction: McNasty takes advantage of Gee's suspect chin and knocks him out in the first round.

CO MAIN-EVENT

Two titans will be going at it in a rematch we thought we'd never see so soon - Wolfgang "Death Blast" Muller (25-12) takes on Gyukosho "Fujizilla" Fujimoto (36-16). This is more than a rematch, it's a fight between two guys who, despite trying their best, always came second in the race for the Combate heavyweight championship. Muller comes off a failed attempt to claim the title from the current champion and main eventer for tonight's card, so seeing the name of the man who denied him the belt above his in both this card and rankings is sure to piss him off. Twenty of his twenty five wins have come by knockout with thirteen being in the first round. He ought to guard his chin though, as he has suffered 8 knockout losses already. Having beaten Muller before Fujimoto informed me that this fight is nothing more than a stepping stone to get him back into title contention. He added "This fight is no big deal. I've beaten him before, I'll beat him again". Fujimoto probably needs this victory more out of these two fighters as he is on a two fight losing streak and he got both of those losses from the card's main eventers. Thirty five of his thirty six wins have come by knockout and 25 of those have been in the very first round. While punching power is what he uses to bring a conclusion to a lot of his fights, it's also been used by his opponents to finish him as he has suffered fourteen knockout losses in his career. He has an impressive resume with wins over Tong Po and Heavy Rain.

Prediction: Fujimoto catches Muller lacking and puts him to sleep in the first round.

MAIN CARD BOUT #3

Mattias "The Samurai Viking" Lundgren (15-5) returns to the octagon as he looks to take on Henry Lancaster (19-11) who has been fighting in the highest level for quite some time now. Lundgren enjoyed a successful career in GDL but when he signed to Combate his career seemed to slow down as he struggled finding his feet In the Middleweight division courtesy of Tan Zan who has beaten him three times since his arrival. He comes off a much needed victory against Butch Thighpunch after suffering a string of defeats at the hands of Tan Zan and Stan Shamrock. Eleven of his 15 victories have been by submission and eight of those in the first round. Henry Lancaster is no pushover as he's coming off a victory against Stan Shamrock, a man who beat Lundgren just recently. While his opponent struggles in Combate, Lancaster has been struggling to find his rhythm his whole career but has managed to get himself 17 knockout wins out of his 19 wins as a professional fighter.

Prediction: Lancaster is just too smooth with his striking. I say he'll put Lundgren to sleep in the second round

MAIN CARD BOUT #2

The former Combate Featherweight champion Futoshi Matsunaga (38-19-2) faces a man who has come close to Combate championship gold multiple times in his career Action Bastard (26-13-3). These two are two of the very best in the Featherweight division and this is the second showdown between them with the last one ending in a unanimous decision win for Matsunaga. The once Number 10 Pound for Pound fighter Matsunaga looks to redeem himself following his two loses against Bagalot Liu. In a weight class full of decision wins Matsunaga has been able to balance it out, with a career total of 19 finishes - twelve by submission and seven by knockout - and 19 decision wins, with nine of his finishes being in the very first round. He has also proved to have a chin strong enough to withstand the strikes of most featherweights as he has only been knocked out once in his entire career. Bastard has not been having the best of luck in Combate, losing both his title fights since arriving to the org a few months ago. He plans to change all of that and if he could win against a former champ and a man who once blocked his way to the throne, he's definitely going to be back in the title picture. A lot of critics consider him no match for Matsunaga and a heavy underdog in this fight and according to our last conversation he seems to enjoy the fact that no one thinks he's gonna win. His exact words to me were "I love that people are counting me out. I just can't wait to see their faces after the fight. Im not the same man I was two months ago."

Prediction: Matsunaga to dominate this one and get the decision victory.

• Upvote 2