When did GAMMA Contenders change?

Bleakardor

Just curious when GAMMA: Contenders changed from 360k to 355k?  I took a fighter there to compete at 360k, and now he's the champ, but seeing 355k guys being recruited into the org?  I hate to be that guy, but they are going to have to strip my belt and release my guy.  Have no interest in fighting at 355k org.  It wouldn't have been an issue if they had announced it, but it was not mentioned in any messages that I've seen.  Perhaps I missed it on the forums?

• Downvote 1

I told him I'd finish out my contract.  But my reason for being upset is when I joined the org in the first place, I was talked into joining by being told it was 360k+ and wouldn't be taking on older fighters.  Breaking that makes me have no desire to fight in that org at all.  Yes, I turned down the fight offer and asked for a release.  But when finding out the new owner had taken over yesterday and had nothing to do with that, I agreed to finish out the contract.  But no, I will not sign an extension.  Sorry that I have the belt and will be asking to be stripped, but I do not like things being changed without announcing it, especially when it's breaking the word I was given in order to get me to sign in the first place.

So, I will fight the last 2 fights against 360k fighters, but it's absolute BS that the org just keeps changing ID's w/o communicating it to anyone and making promises they have no intention to keep.  I'm only honoring the contract out of respect for the brand.  But my preference is still to be released as I can't stand when someone breaks their word.  I have only 1 fighter there and only read about his fights, I do not follow the rest of the fights and the org doesn't provide any sort of written communication in game, forum or otherwise.  Not even write-ups.  So really had no way to know they made this change or I would have asked for a release months ago.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

19 hours ago, Xyel said:

But... were you matched against that fighter?

Because it sounds like your 360k id champ in 360k org refused to fight a 360k contender because somewhere in the division is a 355k fighter... just so I get it straight.

360k champ in 355k id org now, after change.  The whole point of my being upset.  If I remain on, I will not fight against 355k guys.. so all those fighters they are recruiting are not going to be given a title shot?  That wouldn't be fair.  So I have no desire to hold a belt in a 355k org.  Not at this stage.  

1 minute ago, Bleakardor said:

360k champ in 355k id org now, after change.  The whole point of my being upset.  If I remain on, I will not fight against 355k guys.. so all those fighters they are recruiting are not going to be given a title shot?  That wouldn't be fair.  So I have no desire to hold a belt in a 355k org.  Not at this stage.  

That doesn't make refusing to fight an equal-id contender any less shitty.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Xyel said:

That doesn't make refusing to fight an equal-id contender any less shitty.

I asked for a release.  I don't want to fight in the org that lied to me to bring me on board.  If I didn't have the belt, I'd stand firm.  As I stated before, I'll finish out the contract just because the new owner had no clue of this and it's not his fault.  But they should just strip the belt and let 2 contenders fight for it, because if I win the next 2 fights, I will not re-sign with the org.  And will end up being the same result.

I agree, shitty thing to do.  I hated it when it was done to me, but I also try not to lie to my champs and make false promises to them.  Because I promise you if I told Massive Wanker, or Sitsongrit, or Sosa that we were staying 350k+ and I started bringing in 340k guys, I wouldn't have champs left on my roster as they would all leave.  I'm sick and tired of being walked over by orgs because I accept everything.  

So, because of respect for Mentor and the GAMMA brand, and P.J. Jones, I will take the fight.  And hopefully he'll win and that will be that.  But I won't give up a fight just because.  But I also won't fight in an org that lied to me in order to get me to sign a deal.  I don't care what org it is.

I'm pretty sure it was a sneaky change in Org ID, remember thinking the same myself.

IIRC it went from 365k, to 360k to 355k in a matter of weeks.

I've got the 170 division champ (361k) and my two closest contenders are a 355k fighter and a 368k fighter, couldn't be more different. Don't particularly want to fight either but will ride out my final fight on the contract.

• Upvote 1

Now, i do agree with JW on one point tho, that is, an organization owner has to have proper communication with all the managers involved in their organization, especially the managers of the champs, cause otherwise no one really knows what's going on, and then everyone with throw in their own opinion, which in-turn will just create problems for everyone involved.

I personally liked the idea of an open forum, and hence i put out all my ideas into the forums for everyone to look at what i am planning, and then I asked for suggestions to improve my own ideas to make a better system, while changing ID range when i was back in Empire MMA...Now the open forum could invite idiots like the now extinct camara, but on the other hand, it will help everyone stay on the same page, and sometimes it also throws about some fantastic idea...So i personally prefered that...But to each their own.

• Upvote 1

Well, it's not the current owners fault.  He walked into a situation and I honestly shouldn't have declined that fight.  That's why I replied to him that I would fight out the remainder of the contract as the champ.  But he went ahead and stripped the belt, which I am perfectly fine with.  What I don't understand now is that he won't release the fighter.  So I no longer feel like the bad guy.  Maybe he will at some point, but looking like he's going to force me to sit out the contract expiration date as a hostage.  Only time will tell.  I just asked again for a release after he stripped.  If I'm not holding the belt, I don't have a reason to honor the contract anymore as the only reason I was willing to fight it out was because of the belt and giving someone an opportunity to win it fairly.

so the org released Bleak and then sends me a mail telling me where to get off

Then sends me a non title fight against a fighter that has no chance against my guy

What a fucking circus of an org

New flashs, no 355k fighters are going to join this org, there are good, fun, organised 355k orgs out there recruiting

I am surprised with Gamma so well organised but gamma contenders is all over the place like a mad womans shit

Its a tough job running an org ( I couldnt and wouldnt do it) but if you are not going to run an org properly if you dont have time or dont give a shit then get out of the job

• Upvote 3

I hate GAMMA Contenders randomly because in 2015, the owner's fighter had a good career on The Island with a solid Bantamweight fighter Dan Small.

https://mmagame.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=258460

After going 6-1 during the season, 7-2 after the tournament, the owner brought him to GAMMA Contenders, put him against his own Light Heavyweight fighter with over 150k ID difference and farmed every bit of hype off of him with four back to back mismatches, one of which he accidentally won.

Sure, this was 6 years ago and a completely different person, but its still real to me dammit.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, i just think the current owner is new to all this managing an organization thingy...and that he should ask an experienced head to guide him through the process step by step. I mean pretty much all of us in here have managed or is managing an organization successfully, so i think everyone should help him out a little bit...but only if he asks for it

1 hour ago, robin10 said:

Honestly, i just think the current owner is new to all this managing an organization thingy...and that he should ask an experienced head to guide him through the process step by step. I mean pretty much all of us in here have managed or is managing an organization successfully, so i think everyone should help him out a little bit...but only if he asks for it

Definitely. If it werent for guys like GBK, Wolf, the guy running Havoc (Davie?) and Dean Sutherland giving me org advice I'd probably not have lasted 2 months on the site.

They released Bleak so I'm good and done.  The new owner inherited a shit show, but hopefully he'll turn it around.  I wish him the best of luck.  PJ, sorry this shit fell on you too man.

This thread should be removed or locked.  No need to continue bashing the org.  They have enough problems to deal with moving forward.

• Upvote 4