DFN Middleweight Grand Prix (375k+ MMA Creation Tournament)

Rei

Tournament Details  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Single elimination or double elimination?

• Single Elimination (lose once and out)
    • Double Elimination (loser's bracket, go 0-2 to be eliminated)
  2. 2. A round every 3 weeks or 4 weeks?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2021 at 08:10 PM

Yeah, enough of this please lads. I got no horse in this race and do not personally care about what went on in the past (or is still going on) so I don't want it filling up this thread lol

As for the last spot, its still open

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Gonzasco said:

I'm in if available

The last spot is all yours!

And with that, our first Grand Prix is full! What a lineup, some familiar fellows that I've had the pleasure of hosting in the past, and a number of new faces too!

With the final slot filled, I'd like to get this rolling asap and have decided that tomorrow - May 8th will be the creation date. Testing is allowed, and any fighter created on/after May 8th, weighing no less than 185 lbs and no older than 18 may be submitted for entry. Good luck on rolling, I look forward to seeing some talented young fighters emerge.

I'll be adding another $50,000 award for Character of the Tournament- given to who I personally find the most interesting throughout the duration of the competition. This may include anything from their name, avatar, bio/story or how they interact with others on this thread.

Let's get creative!

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Rei said:

The last spot is all yours!

And with that, our first Grand Prix is full! What a lineup, some familiar fellows that I've had the pleasure of hosting in the past, and a number of new faces too!

With the final slot filled, I'd like to get this rolling asap and have decided that tomorrow - May 8th will be the creation date. Testing is allowed, and any fighter created on/after May 8th, weighing no less than 185 lbs and no older than 18 may be submitted for entry. Good luck on rolling, I look forward to seeing some talented young fighters emerge.

I'll be adding another $50,000 award for Character of the Tournament- given to who I personally find the most interesting throughout the duration of the competition. This may include anything from their name, avatar, bio/story or how they interact with others on this thread.

Let's get creative!

Would creating after today's afternoon training session be OK?

1 hour ago, gwad12345 said:

Would creating after today's afternoon training session be OK?

Yeah, I imagine most will end up doing that in time for the morning sesh. I'll keep a keen eye out on anyone trying to be sneaky though ?

• Upvote 1

Hmm, did training for today run yet? Thought it was later. Just asking because Rei suck at picking creation dates and took the one day I'm away and totally offline this whole month. So if I cannot squeeze a creation in tonight you guys will have to risk the humility of losing to a fighter with one day less training :)

Btw, that fighter above didn't train but still lost energy somehow? Take it easy with the poor guy, he may not be cut of for MMA if he gets tired playing video games.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

Hmm, did training for today run yet? Thought it was later. Just asking because Rei suck at picking creation dates and took the one day I'm away and totally offline this whole month. So if I cannot squeeze a creation in tonight you guys will have to risk the humility of losing to a fighter with one day less training :)

Btw, that fighter above didn't train but still lost energy somehow? Take it easy with the poor guy, he may not be cut of for MMA if he gets tired playing video games.

Yea, he did train in the afternoon session (which just ran 8 minutes ago).

I get tired of saying it every time but creation days for tourneys should always be on Sunday as it's a rest day. Too late now.

1 hour ago, Tetas said:

Is it okay if I use my man Nirka

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=374543

He has not had any training yet so I guess he is fine to use

Nah, it can't be guaranteed that he hasn't trained before (html editing / photoshopping is piss easy) so it wouldn't be fair to others.

15 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

Yes training did happen now, so are we allowed to create?

Yes!

18 minutes ago, gwad12345 said:

I get tired of saying it every time but creation days for tourneys should always be on Sunday as it's a rest day. Too late now.

Good point, I was just impatient to let everyone get creating, totally my bad. Next time though!

2 hours ago, Rei said:

Nah, it can't be guaranteed that he hasn't trained before (html editing / photoshopping is piss easy) so it wouldn't be fair to others.

Yes!

Good point, I was just impatient to let everyone get creating, totally my bad. Next time though!

go on discord I will show you how many times he has popped a stat

1 hour ago, Tetas said:

go on discord I will show you how many times he has popped a stat

Dude it's not about that. He clearly trained in the afternoon session today. Please explain the energy drop otherwise.

Honestly it's not a huge deal imo and ultimately up to the tourney organizer but just saying...

1 minute ago, gwad12345 said:

Dude it's not about that. He clearly trained in the afternoon session today. Please explain the energy drop otherwise.

Honestly it's not a huge deal imo and ultimately up to tourney organizer but just saying...

I am not trying to seem like a douchebag or something but I just did realize that its not about how much I popped its the fact he trained and that is alright Imma release a fighter inna bit

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rei said:

Need a replacement for a pull-out - get in touch if you want to enter

If no one comes forward before the lock-in date (tbd) then I'll begrudgingly enter a fighter of my own

You should do it anyway mate. Always nice to join in on the fun of your own tournament. Plus it's one less fighter you have to worry about rage sacking. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Alfred said:

You should do it anyway mate. Always nice to join in on the fun of your own tournament. Plus it's one less fighter you have to worry about rage sacking. 

Might do bro, but I'll be strung up by the mob for rigging if I win a fight hahah