League of Leagues - Reboot Part Deux

rjs2442

13 hours ago, Alfred said:

I agree. This tournament is completely ruined. I say we stop this right now as there's no point in carrying on. Whoever wins will have an asterisk next to their name anyway. 

All because of Louie DePalma. 

Yep, everything is my fault.  I have put all this effort into the tourney just so I can rig it in my favor.  My master plan is coming together muhahahaha

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, rjs2442 said:

Yep, everything is my fault.  I have put all this effort into the tourney just so I can rig it in my favor.  My master plan is coming together muhahahaha

AHA! So you admit it!

I knew something was amiss when you refused to have a little alternates league running alongside the main tournament like the last time. 

Game is rigged. Tournament ruined. Sad times. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Alfred said:

AHA! So you admit it!

I knew something was amiss when you refused to have a little alternates league running alongside the main tournament like the last time. 

Game is rigged. Tournament ruined. Sad times. 

No worries next time I consider doing this again, I will quickly remember this and stop myself.  

• Upvote 1

On 6/22/2021 at 3:14 AM, Alfred said:

I'm in 100%. This is going to be great like the last one!

I still have my guy from that and, in fact, he is my top fighter currently and doing quite well (Samuel Nti) To me he proves that 25 year olds can be viable and that not every damn fighter needs to be an 18 year old project that sits in a gym for the first year of his life. The last tournament was weekly fights too.

It was a long tournament so definitely not for the flakey ass whiney, whingey, cherry picking, cowardly sort of fellow who doesn't want to participate anymore when things don't go your way.

Saklain, I see you have signed up and that's worrying considering that you just flaked out of the alliance tournament after just three rounds (whole tournament was 8 rounds) If you can screw over your alliance for no reason then what's stopping you from screwing over Louie after getting your ass kicked for a couple of rounds?

This post is what convinced me to go it again, luckily there have been only a small handful of flakey ass whiney, whingey cowardly sort of fellows when things didnt go their way.

Well folks here we are, 1 week away from ending this horrid and cruel tourney for most, aside from the top 4 in each group.  Things are tight and it will all come down to the final week to decide who will move on to the Playoffs.  Dont worry Smash, you will have time to shake the cobwebs loose between fights after the final week of Round 2.  Current standings can be found here

• Upvote 3

On 1/15/2022 at 3:38 PM, rjs2442 said:

Well folks here we are, 1 week away from ending this horrid and cruel tourney for most, aside from the top 4 in each group.  Things are tight and it will all come down to the final week to decide who will move on to the Playoffs.  Dont worry Smash, you will have time to shake the cobwebs loose between fights after the final week of Round 2.  Current standings can be found here

So after this it's just top 4 advance knockout style?

I think it would be a swell idea to take the top 5 fighters from each group and roll the dice another 9 fights, who's with me?

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2022 at 6:03 PM, bazzypants said:

@JLP I think you accidentally missed the accept button on our fight offer. I know you'll make this right.

Well looks like he has dropped off the face of the earth, in discussions with Billy he was given 2 possible opponents as a replacement to jlps guy and like the true warrior that he is he chose door #1 blindly.  If I dont get a reply from the new opponent by tomorrow afternoon I will sub my guy in as a replacement so we can get through the final event.  

• Upvote 1

I want to start out by saying thank you to everyone who stuck it out through this tourney its been fun to run and I look forward to seeing who will come out on top in the end.  As of right now Round 1 of the playoffs are set for February 11th, 2022 (Yes you will all have time to recover from injuries) and then the Semi Finals (Feb 26) and Finals (Mar 12) will take place in CFC.  Final Standings have been updated and can be found here as well as posted below.  I am hoping that I can get one more fight out of some of you who did not qualify so I can fill out the last event however I understand completely if you prefer to move along in disgust given the horrible working conditions I have provided the past few months!  I will reach out individually but please dont worry about saying no I wont be too upset... lol

We ended up with ties for the final spot in both groups which went to the fighter with the fastest finish in the second round.  Congrats to all those who have qualified, fight offers will be coming out shortly.

Thank you all again for making this easy and fun to run

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rjs2442 said:

So the manager of Phil Cosby has gone MIA on me.  Next up in the standings woukd be Laughing Panda, I have reached out but not gotten a reply as of yet.  Not sure how long I will wait before making a switch but not atkeast until after this weekend.  So very hard to have nice things…

I scared them both off.