MMA Tycoon GOAT?

saklain

On 7/26/2021 at 1:15 AM, Icon73 said:

Kane beat Tonal in his prime and had a better run. This logic makes no sense.

Sure Tonal had some impressive wins before he fought Kane the first time, including the Millionaire Tourney, but he was not in his prime yet. I remember Deamus telling me that he needed a few more months before he peaked.

4 hours ago, Mentor said:

Sure Tonal had some impressive wins before he fought Kane the first time, including the Millionaire Tourney, but he was not in his prime yet. I remember Deamus telling me that he needed a few more months before he peaked.

do you remember Tonal's rank at the time?

23 hours ago, Rambo said:

None of them were #1 p4p when Kane beat them, so this answer is wrong.

Kane was the GOAT in the same way that Matt Hughes, Bas Rutten, Shogun, or Chuck Liddell was the GOAT.

Truth about Kane having massive prime advantage over most and product of counter era.

As for Tonal, the GOAT doesn't end his career by tapping to strikes... Womba took his soul ?

Tonal by far was juiced to the gills, one of the greatest hiddens ever, probably on that wolf juice, even if he was farmed on a multi before Deamus scooped him up.

IMHO Womba > Tonal

in terms of careers.

Womba 34-3-1 streak vs better comp than Tonal. You really can't take portions of their careers where Tonal was superior. Tonal shining moment over Womba's career was LT smashing him in the 1st fight.

Womba beat better fighters (and managers ?) and fought in better orgs. Also did it with a GRAPPLER. Avenged the Tonal loss in the most humiliating way possible.. so that is almost null and void.

Tonal definitely had better hiddens though.

The thing about Womba was that his legendary run which was similar to Kane was during an era which the fighter was perfect for and in a division which had almost exclusively stand up guys. I mean AJ Heart was at one point a top contender despite having very little stand up what so ever. Once it got nerf'd, Womba became awfully human again. I mean even you managed to finally get a dub over him. There were a lot of guys who really had a good run during that era who once it ended became 50/50 fighters at best. Shortfuse had a couple of them in Bunn and Power. 

Anyway quality of managers? 

Barnabas, GMG/Mogul (multiple times), Newson, Facekicker, Pico, JBomb, Opa, Jacky, Ethan, Mickey... looking through them actually he used to beat up on GMG/Mogul like Kelly did to you. 

Tonal fought in almost every quality org there was and defeating their champions. It is probably just personal choice in it though as we can both agree that they are at the top of the tree. They would be on my Mount Rushmore anyway with Otso - never quite sure on the fourth to put on it. 

6 minutes ago, ArtieBanks said:

The thing about Womba was that his legendary run which was similar to Kane was during an era which the fighter was perfect for and in a division which had almost exclusively stand up guys. I mean AJ Heart was at one point a top contender despite having very little stand up what so ever. Once it got nerf'd, Womba became awfully human again. I mean even you managed to finally get a dub over him. There were a lot of guys who really had a good run during that era who once it ended became 50/50 fighters at best. Shortfuse had a couple of them in Bunn and Power. 

Anyway quality of managers? 

Barnabas, GMG/Mogul (multiple times), Newson, Facekicker, Pico, JBomb, Opa, Jacky, Ethan, Mickey... looking through them actually he used to beat up on GMG/Mogul like Kelly did to you. 

Tonal fought in almost every quality org there was and defeating their champions. It is probably just personal choice in it though as we can both agree that they are at the top of the tree. They would be on my Mount Rushmore anyway with Otso - never quite sure on the fourth to put on it. 

What happened to Womba was age drop off (35 y/o) kicked in. 6 of Womba's losses came after age drop off.

Also Womba was superior fighter to all my fighters. closest I had was Taj and they didn't meet until Taj was 33 and declining.

Tonal's age drop off was 33.

Taj al Din's was 30.

AJ Hearts had 131 KO power and age drop off was 35. Klatz was also a very skilled manager.

Colin Craft and James Proudstar were undefeated until their age drop offs kicked in.

It isn't preference, Womba had the better career. You can see it just by looking at their resume.

Tonal is clearly the superior fighter but Womba had the better career.

46-12-1 > 36-9

On 7/26/2021 at 5:21 PM, ArtieBanks said:

He is the Tycoon version of Dan Severn. The best in his time but fought on for far too long after it. Need to know when to fold them to get into the GOAT conversation unfortunately. 

I mean, after Dan Severn's initial UFC run he went 14-3. He went 87-16-7 after that including a 12-2 run towards the end.

If Dan Severn didn't become "The guy with loads of fights despite being really old" he would 't have that much of a legacy by now.

1 hour ago, clydebankblitz said:

I mean, after Dan Severn's initial UFC run he went 14-3. He went 87-16-7 after that including a 12-2 run towards the end.

If Dan Severn didn't become "The guy with loads of fights despite being really old" he would 't have that much of a legacy by now.

Dan Severn beat Forrest Griffin in Griffin's mma debut.

Also disagree with dino about GOATS needing to know when to fold em to get in the GOAT conversation.

Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson, Cesar Chavez, Anderson Silva, Fedor, shit the list goes on and on. Very few go out like Mayweather.

9 hours ago, Rambo said:

So there is only 1....

image.png.4abc3eb225a3fb0bf6563ec4a956e713.png

Killed #1 P4P Kimbo Slice

Killed #1 P4P Iain Tower

Killed #1 P4P Rick Piano

Killed #2 P4P Conor Barbarian

?

Mumu and his Aussie manager are known goat fuckers... tune in Sunday to see...

Kilo ?? vs ?? Mumu

1M on my long lost son, Mink Coat Mumu.

Convicted Fight Club has produced...

#1 P4P's — Tycoon Hall Of Famers:

"The Godfather" Don Marciano (2013)

"The Tasmanian Devil" Taj al Din (2013)

Kajun "Pinoy Savage" Puno (2017, 2018) *

Orlando Diggs (2018, 2019)

Kilo "Bloodbath" Maluga (2021)

#2 P4P's — close but not quite:

"One Bad Man" Moses Diggs (2012) *

"Deus De Guerra" luto Palhares (2014) *

Abraham "Jewsus Christ" Donowitz (2017) *

* grapplers

There is only 1 GOAT ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/26/2021 at 12:21 PM, ArtieBanks said:

Can't put Puno there unfortunately - not with three losses to one guy. Bubba would never win any GOAT contest but he would win the most entertaining fighter contest and it wouldn't be close. I'd take Rinky over Kimbo but looking at their records they are quite similar. I wasn't here for Kimbo. 

I'm guessing we skip the part where Tonal rag dolled Kane in under three minutes. Kane never got close to getting the trilogy with Tonal after it. Kane fought on for too long past his prime to be considered the GOAT. He is the Tycoon version of Dan Severn. The best in his time but fought on for far too long after it. Need to know when to fold them to get into the GOAT conversation unfortunately. From my understanding Kane was a product of Luke just being ahead of the game at the time with a private gym, sussed out the counter strat quicker than anyone else and he left shortly after it when everyone started catching up. 

Tonal on the other hand came back after a two year absence and beat the guy who was quickly getting into the GOAT conversation.

Fidel has 2 losses to Bubba not 3. He hasn't lost to anyone 3 times. Also the second bubba loss was when he came out of a 3 month retirement and he didnt fight again after that so second win was clearly a past it Puno. And both those wins are by cuts. First fight was 2-2 headed into the 5th. Also Nobody ever said Matt Hughes wasn't WW GOAT pre GSP just cause he lost to Dennis Hallman 3 times

Also your Kane argument is really flawed. By that logic Muhammed Ali, Roy Jones, Herny Armstrong, Sugar Ray Robinson, Manny Pac and every other all time great boxer who didnt retire at the right time can't be in the GOAT discussion. That argument is stupid and no reputable person would back it. To top it off your Dan Severn argument is silly. Most of Dan's competition past 97 was fucking awful. In his whole career he has 3 great wins 

Ken Shamrock

Young Forrest Griffin

Oleg Taktarov ×2

Jigaro Kane on the other hand has a SUPER deep resume beating one of the guys you keep calling GOAT. Beating guys who were in the GOAT discussion at the time. Beating multiple all time greats across 4 weight classes (170-265)

Rick Robinson (#3 WW)

Rob Wood×2 (Former #1 WW)

Einer Lee (#2 p4p)

Milo Phillips (top 10 p4p, former #1 p4p)

Jeppe Turska (CFC champion #3 185)

Lee Villa (#2 LHW)

Jin Sen (Former #1 p4p and was in GOAT discussion at the time)

Jesus Gonzales (Former #1 p4p and was considered GOAT KO artist at the time)

Muhammed Muhammed

David Hollywood (former #2 205 and former CFC champion)

Johnny Cage (#2 p4p)

Manu Okoro x2 (#2 p4p)

Jeremy Tonal (#3 p4p future #1 p4p)

Mike Evans (Former #1 p4p)

Taj Al Din (14-0 Ascension LHW champion at the time, unsure of rank, future #1 p4p)

You can only fight the fighters of your era. And he beat all of the best.

For 8 in game years (May 1st 09-May 1st 11) he went 26-2 and Avenged both of those losses.

Also Luke came back to the game and was #1 ranked manager from scratch.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 7:12 PM, Rambo said:

Convicted Fight Club has produced...

#1 P4P's — Tycoon Hall Of Famers:

"The Godfather" Don Marciano (2013)

"The Tasmanian Devil" Taj al Din (2013)

Kajun "Pinoy Savage" Puno (2017, 2018) *

Orlando Diggs (2018, 2019)

Kilo "Bloodbath" Maluga (2021)

#2 P4P's — close but not quite:

"One Bad Man" Moses Diggs (2012) *

"Deus De Guerra" luto Palhares (2014) *

Abraham "Jewsus Christ" Donowitz (2017) *

* grapplers

There is only 1 GOAT ?

add Badr al Din to this #2 list.

Maybe the cutman gets in on the fix so Kilo takes a dive and the GOAT has 6 #1 P4P's??? 👀