Outlaw M.C.

Bleakardor

On 2/6/2022 at 1:54 AM, 47Indigo47 said:

Manny Shooter quote- "So where the **** is my title shot? If beating the #1 pfp in Outlaw who happened to be in my weight class along with, 3 wins in a row. The first two being a week within each other. I don't know what does. Let's make this happen, the fans can get it done for me."

Not 3 wins in a row when one of them was a draw..  bide your time, your weight class already has a title shot in the works and can't have two champions of the same division.  Also, having a 25 year old is a bit of a mismatch still, but it's getting very close to even so you keep it up and you'll find yourself in that top contender spot before you know it.

1636253956outlaw.jpg

Presents....

Outlaw 12 - Axelsen vs Abul

1642553247ezgif-3-132201e6a4.gif

For the first time ever, Outlaw will crown a champion!  The 170 tournament finale is finally upon us!  With the lone survivors of Axelsen and Abul set to square off for the gold strap, a first in Outlaw history!  I can't wait for the results of this one as these two fighters are top notch and ready to take it to the cage to prove who the top Outlaw is.  It doesn't hurt that there is a $1 million reward to the winner either.

Before we jump into the fight previews, a quick word from our sponsors.

1643767198New%20Standard%20Logo.PNG

New Standard Sports Nutrition

Mile High has rebranded into New Standard.  With the best products on the market at the lowest prices, it's time we set the standard with New Standard Sports Nutrition.  At only $100 per unit for all 160q supplements you could ever want, visit New York to stock up on all your supplemental needs.  Offering sponsorships to fighters of all levels, skills, and experience, New Standard invites you to test out our products with a sponsorship and free sample of supplements of your choice.  If you don't live in New York, it's fine!  Just order in bulk and products will be shipped directly to you or your manager in only 3 days, free of charge!

So if you want to be your best, take the best of the best by the best from New Standard!

Click to view banner full size

Undercard

Ioannis Avramopoulos (0-1) vs Playboi Guerrero (1-1)

First off, what a mouthful!  You think saying Avramopoulos is hard, try typing it out!  Ioannis comes to Outlaw from a single fight in FWFC where he lost via KO to Santo Amaro.  He's looking to settle the score and even out his record as he makes his Outlaw debut.  Fate may not be on his side as his morale is still low after that brutal loss in his first career fight, but you never know man, you never know.  He's a Muay Thai striker who seems to enjoy combos and clinch efforts, but he was unable to land a clinch in his first fight.  Oddly enough, he attempted 5 takedowns in that fight despite his apparent lack of training on the ground.  Maybe he wanted to mix things up and catch his opponent off guard?  Who knows, all we know is that it didn't work.

His opponent, Playboi is coming off a tough decision loss to Caio Carvalho in his last bout.  That was an upsetting loss for sure as he was riding high off the submission win in his debut against Enrique Castillo.   Having been eliminated from title contention though the 170 showdown, Playboi is still searching for another win to put him in the hunt for that #1 contender spot.  He is an established grappler with a submission win under his belt with competent wrestling and a purple belt in BJJ.  Can't see that playing into Ioannis's game plan if he doesn't change things as Ioannis will want nothing to do with the ground game of Playboi.

Prediction - Guerrero wins via submission 

Between his ground game, and Ioannis's lack of one while still taking takedown attempts, I already would peg this one for Guerrero.  However, he may change his game plan and try fighting to his strength instead.  But even with that, I think the morale will be too much for him to overcome giving Guerrero the first round victory.

Mikai "Shotgun" Rosario (0-1)  vs  Jaakoppi "Jaack" Niskala (1-1)

You know, I sent out a message of encouragement and tips to the entire org only a week ago.  It was not heeded by several as is apparent in the preparation of both of these fighters and one from our first bout.  3 of 4 fighters so far come into this event lacking morale.  At least "Shotgun" appears to have started working it back to the right direction.  He comes into his Outlaw debut after a submission loss in his QFC debut.  He will surely want to make a strong showing in his debut to not only even his record, but to show his manager that he's got a little something in the tank worth working with.  He's balanced across the board, but unfortunately he's only mediocre at everything.  He has no specific strengths or weaknesses, so he can go anywhere in this fight which might play to his advantage.  This will surely be a match determined by strategy over anything else.

"Jaack" has already rounded out his record having gone 1-1 in the QFC, but this will also be his Outlaw debut.  Both his fights ended in decisions, no finishes to his name yet.  Only 1 year younger than his opponent, at 22, "Jaack" is a little more focused as he will give up the edge in striking, but have a significant advantage on the ground, specifically his strong wrestling game.  The problem I see for "Jaack" is that his morale is low, even lower than "Shotgun's."  Maybe these morale issues cancel each other out and we have an actual decent fight on our hands.  

Prediction - Mikai Rosario wins via decision

This was a very tough one to pick, not only on lack of history for each of these fighters, but the unknown of styles and morale.  Ultimately, I ignored the morale issue and looked at the brief fight histories and how I think they will match up.  Niskala should have the advantage here if he uses his wrestling properly.  But, in his QFC history I see nothing to suggest that he will do so.  This fight will likely also go to the judges, and if it does I would have to think that Rosario would have the edge due to his ability to mix things up and score more points while standing.  Again, this should be Rosario's fight, but unless he changes his strategy, I just don't see him pulling it off.

Moe Telsiks (2-1)  vs  Joseph Mama (1-0)

Well folks, we finally have the first fight of the card that both fighters have the right state of mind.  Both have full or near full morale and only energy needs work, and there's plenty of time to fix that.  Starting with Telsiks, he's starting to look like a good fighter coming off an impressive submission win in his last bout.  He's now 1-1 in Outlaw and riding the momentum.  His only loss was the tournament elimination to Raining Blood who was a favorite to make the finals.  Telsiks is a wonderful wrestling and holds a blue belt in BJJ.  He's not someone many would want to be on the ground with, but I think his opponent will test the waters anyway.  

Mama is coming off a submission win against Butch Cassidy in his Outlaw debut.  He's starting to work on his striking, but by all means he's a BJJ brown belt and that will be his go-to discipline again in this one.  His wrestling is lacking, but he shouldn't have a problem getting to the ground as that's exactly where his opponent will want to take him.  So don't be surprised to see Telsiks shoot in for a takedown and end up in Mama's guard where he will spam submissions attempts.  This fight would surely make the TWCG proud as these two grapplers will play sweaty man hugging on the ground until one of them taps out.  But who will it be?  The wrestler or the jiu jitsu artist?

Prediction - Telsiks wins via decision

These fights keep getting harder and harder to predict.  Usually, I go with the BJJ guy over the wrestler, at least if they are submission artists.  If it goes to a decision, I think Telsiks wins for the takedowns he'll score points with.  But this one is a little tricky as the BJJ guy is the one who likes to use GnP and the wrestler is almost strictly submissions.  So Mama may want top position which could, cause this to be more of a grappling match of transitions and reversals as they jostle for position.  For that alone, I will say this fight goes the distance and Telsiks wins on points.  But, when it comes to submission guys, all it takes is one to lock in and it's over.

"The Lovely" Ronnie Garvin (1-0)  vs  Playboi "47" Indigo (0-1)

Well, Garvin comes into this fight well prepared and fresh off a QFC decision victory over Harvy Hent.  A heated exchange on the buzz after Hent's loss lead to him joining Outlaw looking for revenge.  Stay tuned for that one...  As for Garvin, this will be his OMC debut.  He will showcase his strong boxing skills and balanced, but mediocre grappling skills.  I'm confident that Garvin will keep this fight standing as he did in his debut and look for a finish.

Playboi will have his work cut out for him as he is coming into this fight with his mind on why his ex girlfriend is sleeping with his former manager..  His morale is low and it's no wonder why, after losing his OMC debut and shortly after he and his manager went separate ways.  I can only assume it's about his girlfriend's change of...  heart?  While he matches up fairly well in his boxing ability, his bread and butter is his superb wrestling.  He'll need to get this fight to the ground quickly to negate Garvin's striking presence.  If he can do so, perhaps he scores the upset win, or perhaps he at least can take it to the judges and roll the dice.

Prediction - Garvin wins via TKO

The morale thing just gets me.  He needs to get his mind off Papa's side piece and look at winning this fight.  if he can pull off a win, there'll be plenty of ladies looking to hook up with a winner.  But, as he should have learned, women don't like losers.  Garvin is focused and disciplined and ready to take a win in this one and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Wiki "Fobbs Grandest Wonder" Fobbs (1-0)  vs  Harvey Hent (1-1)

Well, remember how I mentioned Hent above?  He lost his QFC fight against Garvin and was none too happy about it.  He joined OMC specifically to take on Fobbs, a teammate of Garvin's with promises to "whoop his ass" as it were.  The problem is, Fobbs is coming off a QFC win and making his debut at OMC and has his head in the game and a plan to win this fight.  He's focused, and a hell of a striker and knows exactly what he wants to do, and how he wants to do it.  He's a wonderful boxer and respectable Muay Thai practitioner, and will look to use every bit of his striking prowess to finish off the challenger Hent.

Hent did manage to win his last fight in the QFC after the loss to Garvin.  He's 1-1 and making his OMC debut, and possibly his only OMC fight.  With only a 1 fight contract, we'll have to wait and see if he wants to stick around or just take his shot at revenge.  Unfortunately for him, I guess the hype of the fight got to him as his morale is... lacking.  He's a balanced fighter who gives up a significant edge in striking, but has the advantage on the ground.  He's not particularly good at anything though and it may prove difficult to take this fight to the ground.  If he can get it there, he may have a shot, but don't count on it.

Prediction - Fobbs wins via KO

Striker vs Grappler I tend to side with grapplers more often than not, but in this case, the grappler isn't particularly skilled on the ground.  He will have a tough time getting the fight to the ground and I expect Fobbs to be throwing bombs against his overmatched opponent.  If a few land, Hent could find himself in a bad position and ultimately put to sleep.. quickly.

Cheyenne Little Dove (2-0)  vs  Emilio "Dirty" Sanchez (0-0)

Please, do not ask as I do not know.  Cheyenne identifies as a female, but that's all I have to go on.  As it stands, she's the baddest bitch in the org as she sits at 2-0 in OMC and likes her chances to win again in this one against Dirty Sanchez.  Hell, she may even introduce Dirty Sanchaz to a real Dirty Sanchez...  She's a remarkable Muay Thai practitioner and has been tinkering with boxing and wrestling as well, but no doubt she'll continue use her striking and cinchwork to pound her opponent into mush as she's known to do.  Whoever pissed this broad off really fucked up, and that's being nice!

Dirty Sanchez will be making his OMC debut as this will be his first ever professional fight.  He's got a hell of a wake up call if he thinks fighting a girl will be easy.  His manager is the infamous Johnnie Lawerence formerly of Cobra Kai, so who knows, maybe he's a bad ass in his own right.  He's not a striker though, which is odd for a Lawrence pupil, but he's a remarkable wrestler and will want to use that to negate his striking disadvantage.  If this fight goes to the ground, we'll see how good Dove is at defending herself, but as long as it stays standing, Dove will be looking to knock the shit out of Sanchez and put his Dirty ass to sleep.

Prediction - Dove wins via TKO

This was hard, as the wrestler has a good chance to topple the Little Dove.  But, looking at managers skills and track record, I have to believe that Dove will have some good ground defense in place and be able to work her way back to her feet.  All she needs to do is to land a few big shots and Sanchez could find himself in real trouble.  On the bright side, both fighters are fully prepared for this fight and I expect to see a great showing out of each of them.

Main Card

Roland Keju (0-2)  vs  Blaine "Kiwi Hammer" Lawton (0-1) 

Well, this fight made it's way onto the main card somehow, but it may be the worst fight of the night.  Keju comes in with a lack of morale while Lawton is so tired he can barely stand up, let alone fight.  Lawton does have great morale so that's a plus, but all Keju will need to do is land one or two strikes to gas the Kiwi Hammer out and end this fight quickly.  Not gonna spend any more time on this fight as neither fighter is prepared enough to go into details.

Prediction - Keju wins via KO

Just because Lawton will gas out early and a fly could land on his shoulder and KO him.  

William H "Billy the Kid" Bonney (2-0)  vs  Raymond "The Protector of People" King (0-1)

Bonney comes into this fight prepared and ready to go, looking to increase his record to 3-0.  This fight was a late fill in fight to finish off the card, but King didn't back down from the challenge.  Bonney is a Muay Thai fighter who dabbles in boxing and wrestling.  He'll look to mix up strikes and work over his opponent with an overwhelming display of striking.

King matches up very well with Bonney though matching his Muay Thai and also getting a foot into boxing and wrestling.  The only difference in this fight is that King needs to take a day off to recover some energy or he'll be walking into the cage at a disadvantage.  Outside of that, these two should put on a hell of a show as Billy the Kid and the Chuck Norris look alike battle it out leading up to our co-main event.

Prediction - Bonney wins via decision

These two are very evenly matched.  While Bonney has a granite chin, King is known for his KO power.  King could very easily take out the Kid with a big right hand, which leads me to believe Bonney may try to play a little more defensively.  But who knows, maybe Bonney lets his chin take the test and looks to KO the power hitter himself!  

Co-Main Event

And now, the moment we've all been waiting for!  The big two fights that headline the card.  The undefeated Carvalho taking on King Cooper, and the first ever title fight in OMC history!

Caio Carvalho (3-0)  vs  King Cooper (1-1)

Obviously, Carvalho has a ton of momentum after his 3-0 start, and 2-0 since joining OMC.  He won his QFC fight via decision, but took to the judges for dominating wins in both of his fights since joining OMC.  He's a superb wrestler who holds a purple belt in BJJ, and he knows how to control fights as is reflected by his dominating presence and decision wins.  Out of his 7 rounds of fighting, he's only lost in points in one of those rounds.  And he came back with a vengeance in the final two of that one.  He's going to work the ground, he's going to set the pace, and his opponent will have to find a way to stop it or we'll have another win for Carvalho.

Cooper is an exact opposite in style.  He's a wonderful boxer who's started working on his ground game.  Nowhere near as skilled at wrestling as Carvalho, and just a step behind as he holds a blue belt in BJJ.  But his striking game will be the difference in rather or not he wins this fight.  If he can keep it standing for most of the fight, he'll have a chance to score more points than Carvalho, but something tells me he'll be looking to finish the fight when given the chance and not even play the ground game with Carvalho.  Despite his training, and advantage in boxing, his only win came from a submission and his loss came from a KO from one of our title participants in the next match.  Cooper has been tested and will be tested again.  His career has not been easy to this point, and not looking to get any easier.  But to notch a win against the undefeated Carvalho would go a long way to establishing himself in this division and in consideration for that top contender spot.

Prediction - Cooper wins via TKO

Not sure about this one, everything I see tells me to ride the hot hand and go with Carvalho, but if Cooper plays his cards right and has the right strategy, he could very well pull the upset and hand Carvalho his first loss.  But, don't for a second thing that will be easy as Carvalho is the man to beat in the division right now, outside of the main event fighters coming up next.

Main Event

"Ulfhednar" Toke Axelsen (2-0)  vs  Mohammed "Sheik" Abul (3-1)

Ladies and gentlemen, keep your eyes peeled to this fight.  EVERYTHING is on the line in this one, a gold strap, a title, and the knowledge that they are the first EVER champion in OMC history, and, just for kicks, $1 million in cash!  These two fighters have been nothing short of spectacular so far in their young careers and have well earned the shot the find themselves in tonight.  

Abul is 3-1 but the first two fights were sparring matches between teammates and appear that the strategy was for each to lose one intentionally.  So outside of that, he is 2-0 just as Axelsen is and those two wins have been very impressive decisions leading up to this title fight.  He dominated both fighters and I felt that his last opponent, Raining Blood, was the stronger fighter.  If you can call Abul an underdog in that one, the underdog roasted Blood.  I expect nothing less in this title fight as he's found a way to ensure all of his fights go the distance and he seems to know exactly what the judges look for as he works over his opponents with a variety of shots from every conceivable angle. 

Axelsen has been equally impressive so far in his career.  His only two fights are in this tournament where he's also dominated everyone to stand before him.  Matching up very well against Abul, both are natural strikers with Toke leaning towards boxing discipline over Abul's Muay Thai.  Otherwise, not much separates these two warriors and I'm expecting them to put on an absolute war for this title fight.  Axelson opened up the tournament with a debut KO over King Cooper, and followed it up with a decision over Cole Orion.  Both fighters were tough opponents, but Axelsen was tougher, or meaner, or both!  With Axelsen's granite chin he could very well decide to fight more technically against Abul and try to beat him at his own game.  Abul has a big right hand, so he may mix things up and try to test the granite chin of Axelsen.  Either way, these two will come out swinging and each will look to put a beatdown on the other in what should be one of the best fights in Outlaw history.  Tune in for this one folks, because for the first time ever, Outlaw MC will have a champion to crown!

Thanks for tuning in and I hope you tune into the fights tomorrow night as this card has some great fights coming up.  History will be made and I can't wait to see it happen.  This card will be the last set of fights before the inaugural OMC rankings come out on Sunday as we clarify the picture of the 170 division as well as a few more.  

As always, Show No Mercy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

gPbNb7r.jpg

Abul has the slight reach advantage as he's a little taller and heavier than his opponent coming into this fight.  Both fighters have cut down and made weight at 170, but Abul will sport the larger frame which plays well with his KO power.  Axelsen is a little smaller and should be a bit quicker on his feet and may use his speed to his advantage.  I anticipate an all out war between these two warriors and expect nothing short of a stellar fight!

• Upvote 2

On 2/6/2022 at 1:54 AM, 47Indigo47 said:

Manny Shooter quote- "So where the **** is my title shot? If beating the #1 pfp in Outlaw who happened to be in my weight class along with, 3 wins in a row. The first two being a week within each other. I don't know what does. Let's make this happen, the fans can get it done for me."

I just liked your post so that you don't think it was me that downvoted it.  I don't do that, even when I disagree. 

18 hours ago, Augustus said:

16367582497616.png

"Ulfhednar" Toke Axelsen

(2-0 MMA)

"Today I become Outlaws first welterweight champion, and Mohammed Abul learns that there are levels to this game. This training camp was insane, I have never felt better, my blood is boiling and I can't wait to put on a show for the fans!"

16266204164136.jpg

Great win champ! As for levels......there was nothing in it, it was a coin flip. I am sure we will meet again

• Upvote 1

As most of you know, tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday.  I have a few chores to do, including a full blown brake job on my truck.  After that, I'll start working on the rankings and/or review.  I'll stop to watch the SB and do my best to finish it off before bed.  I'll have something done for tomorrow, if not all.  If I don't finish it, I'll 100% finish up on Monday.

This was a great event with the most submission wins I've ever seen on a single card in MMAT history before.  Some great fights all around and can't wait to write this one up.

Huge shout out to the new 170 champ, Toke Axelsen for his performance.  He's now got the gold strap and tomorrow I'll wire the cash prize to his manager, Augustus.

• Like 1

Outlaw 12 - Axelsen vs Abul

1642553247ezgif-3-132201e6a4.gif

The champion has earned a $1 million purse, but due to technical difficulties it is still pending transfer.  But his prized gold belt remains around his belt as does the title that he's the first every OMC champion of not only the 170 division, but of the entire org.

Jumping into the fight breakdowns, let's go ahead and get into the action.

Playboi Guerrero  DEF  Ioannis Avramopoulos via Submission (Kimura) 

Arvamopoulos managed 3 attempted actions during this entire fight, each time failing to advance position on Guerrero.  As the echo of the first bell could still be heard off the arena walls, Guerrero was already shooting for the takedown which he did into top guard position.  From there, he attempted a few strikes to loosen up Avramopoulos's guard and next thing you know he grabs his arm and locks in a Kimura.. all of this in the span of about 41 seconds before Avramopoulos was tapping out.  Excellent job by Arvamopoulos!

Jaakoppi Niskala  DEF  Mikai Rosario via Submission (Strikes)

After watching the first fight, Niskala decided a quick takedown was not a bad idea and countered a failed clinch attempt to take this fight to the ground within the first few seconds where the fight remained as he dominated his opponent, Rosario, for the entire round.  In the second round, Rosario managed to get his clinch, which Niskala quickly broke from and turned into another takedown.  There was a few minutes of back and forth wrestling around on the ground when less than 20 seconds from the end of the round as Niskala kept laying on the GnP, Rosario finally tapped out and begged the referee to end the fight.   It's not often you see a fighter quit in the middle of a fight like this, but I guess when Niskala landed 16 of 16 strikes from the ground Rosario knew he had no chance and just threw in the towel.

Joseph Mama  DEF  Moe Telsiks via Submission (RNC)

This fight spent much of it's time in the clinch, which actually was just under 2 minutes.  Shortly after Telsiks broke from the clinch, he took the fight to the ground where the unthinkable happened.  I have heard rumors that Telsiks wanted to keep the fight standing for the most part, but I guess he got caught up in the moment.  Once on the ground, he went for a submission but Mama countered beautifully and gained the guard position where he started working his BJJ magic.  A beautiful reversal got him into full mount where he quickly was able to take Telsiks back and lock in a RNC.  An absolutely beautiful finish by Mama, and runner up for Submission of the Night.

Playboi Indigo  DEF  Ronnie Garvin via KO (Punch)

This fight lasted almost the entire 3 rounds given, but I'll make this summary short.  For two and a half rounds, this was a clinch fight with the fighters bouncing in and out of the clinch.  It almost looked like a couple of linemen going at it for a few seconds at a time before breaking off and resetting.  There was a quick takedown in the 2nd round but the fighters quickly got back to their feet.  In the third round, as the final two minutes started ticking down, Indigo started going insane.  My guess, he went with the swing for the fences approach as the fight was winding down and the fences he hit.  With a huge left right combo, Garvin was rocked and laying on his back looking up with a deer in the headlights look at Indigo waving him back to his feet.  As he stood up, blood started trickling down his face as a cut above his eye was opened up by the nasty combo.   After a few wild missed strikes, Indigo came through and landed a beauty of a right hook that put Garvin to sleep before he even hit the mat.  It was like watching a lumberjack cut down a tree as he just stepped back and yelled "Tiiimmmbbeerrr" and watched the unconscious opponent fall to the ground.  Ok, so maybe not that quick of a summary.  What a great finish, and great knock out.

Harvey Hent  DEF  Wiki Fobbs via Submission (Heel Hook) SotN

This was the revenge fight.  Harvey Hent was hell bent on getting revenge for his QFC loss to Fobbs teammate, and he did exactly that.  It took less than two minutes before Hent showed his class and backed up his words as he locked in a heel hook to earn the win, along with submission of the night honors.

Cheyenne Little Dove  DEF  Emilio Sanchez via KO (Punch) KotN

Ok, so this fight took a while.  The bell rang, Sanchez smiled at Dove, and took an uppercut under the chin for his efforts.  Another couple of shots and Sanchez was bewildered dazing off into the rafters wondering what the hell just happened to him.  16 seconds into the fight, Dove landed a strait punch right down the pipe and put Sanchez out cold on his feet.  Knockout of the night award, and it was all credited to Brooklyn Threads, Dove's sponsor.

Roland Keju  DEF  Blain Lawton via Submission (RNC)

Let's see if I can give a quicker summary of this one... Takedown, standup, takedown, standup, clinch, takedown, submission, tap out.  That's how this one went down.  These guys wasted no time going at it and go at it they did.  Keju landing two takedowns while Lawton was unable to land either of his attempts.  But with that, perhaps he should have tried sticking to the striking game from range.  Keju was clearly the dominant grappler as he was perfect on the ground with 4/4 improve positions, 3/3 GnP and a submission in his lone submission attempt.  An absolutely dominate performance from Keju to get the win to kick off the main card.

William H. Bonney  DEF  Raymon King via KO (Punches)

King started out the gate with an impressive takedown, but before the fighters even settled to the ground, Bonney escaped to his feet and got back into his game plan.  After breaking from the clinch, King took a few shots and decided to take it back into the clinch.. until he got hit a few times, then broke from the clinch again...  I have no idea what he was thinking, most of the time when you take a fight into the clinch you tend to try to stay there.  King wanted nothing to do with the striking game as he missed with two combo attempts, but otherwise never threw a strike outside of the solo body shot from clinch.  He managed a takedown and a clinch, but that's about it.  Bonney was more aggressive from range but managed to only land 5 of his 13 shots from range but was more efficient in the clinch going 4 of 7, one opening up a cut, and another another put his opponent to sleep with the knockout finish.

Caio Carvalho  DEF  King Cooper via TKO (Strikes)

We're drawing closer to the title fight finale as we start off with the co-main event where Carvalho continued his undefeated streak against the hard hitting Cooper.  I learned something interesting in this fight, however.. and that's that Cooper can Moonwalk!  It was quite impressive as he entered the cage.  Unfortunately, that's about the most impressive thing he was able to accomplish as Carvalho absolutely dominated this fight from start to finish.  Nearly scoring a KO in the 2nd round, but ran out of time.  Three minutes into the final round, Carvalho did land some nasty GnP and finish off Cooper after the ref had finally seen enough.  Cooper did land a few strikes from range, but on the ground was absolutely destroyed by an impressive and aggressive display by Carvalho where he landed 30 of 45 GnP strikes that ultimately finished off Cooper.

Toke Axelsen  DEF  Mohammed Abul via Decision (Unanimous)  FotN (Title Bout)

And now, the moment the whole arena was waiting for as the 170 Showdown finale played out in front of a sold out arena of screaming fans.  Axelsen was the slightly more aggressive fighter and caught Abul off guard as he rocked him just over a minute into the fight but Abul did a great job recovering and taking it back at Axelsen.  Axelsen did outclass Abul in the round and scored the most points on all three judges score cards.  

The second round was more of the same, but more of an even back and forth fight where Abul was able to outwork Axelsen and take the round on all three score cards.  Setting up a third and final round, winner take all situation.  Axelsen and Abul went at it, back and forth in a very close round where nobody quite knew who won the fight building for an large moment of anticipation as the judges tallied their cards.  As a hush fell over the crowd and the announcer took the mic and called both fighters to the middle of the cage, the decision was in.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3 rounds of action, we go to the scorecards for a decision.

Judge Chris Downing scores the fight 29:28
Judge Tiny Johnson scores the fight 29:28
Judge Wesley Smith scores the fight 29:28

In favor of your winner, by unanimous decision... Toke Axelsen!

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Toke Axelsen

Toke Axelsen is the new welterweight champion!

170 lbs, Outlaw M.C.

And with that, for the first time in OMC history, AND NEEEWWW!  Outlaw MC champion of the world...  Toke Axelsen!!!

Thank you for tuning in to another presentation of Outlaw Martial Combat, and with that, time to tune back into the finish of this super bowl with two injured starting QBs in an outstanding game!  Yes, I'm a football fan too.. deal with it.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

Joseph Mama  DEF  Moe Telsiks via Submission (RNC)

This fight spent much of it's time in the clinch, which actually was just under 2 minutes.  Shortly after Telsiks broke from the clinch, he took the fight to the ground where the unthinkable happened.  I have heard rumors that Telsiks wanted to keep the fight standing for the most part, but I guess he got caught up in the moment.  Once on the ground, he went for a submission but Mama countered beautifully and gained the guard position where he started working his BJJ magic.  A beautiful reversal got him into full mount where he quickly was able to take Telsiks back and lock in a RNC.  An absolutely beautiful finish by Mama, and runner up for Submission of the Night.

14b4.jpg

We didn't really mind the fight going to the ground so much.  My trainers and corner had told me to expect it and that eventually we'd want it on the ground anyways. But they wanted me to try to stop as many takedowns as possible from Joseph to wear him out a bit before we got the fight on the ground.  They never specifically told me that I couldn't be the one to put it on the ground!  So this is on them I think...I mean, they did give me a LITTLE leeway in  making my own decisions...so...I mean...let me make them right? Joseph did a great job down there...hmm...maybe I woulda been better off letting  him gas a bit more afterall? I dunno man, but my guys looked pretty disappointed in  me after the fight and they had a closed door meeting...I mean, the door was closed, but I could see them through the glass and they kept looking out at me occasionally, arguing...and I even saw Hare make the finger across the neck motion?  Does that  mean he wants me to learn rear naked chokes too?  Not sure. I hope it doesn't mean something else...

• Like 1

These are essentially preliminary rankings due to us having a tournament title fight booked, and two other tournaments in the making as the rosters are all but filled out.  Also, a couple of our top fighters, including the first champion in OMC history, are now free agents due to their manager quitting the game. (assuming that's what happened)

So check the free agent list for a couple of young studs.

Toke Axelsen (champion)

https://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=380032

Santino Cabal (in title fight)

https://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=380038

If you want to make a splash with a fighter at the top, snag up one of these guys!

As for the rankings, I have taken into consideration for these initial rankings three main categories, in no particular order.  Outlaw wins, Overall wins, and hype.  Some fighters are more hyped than others but have never fought in the OMC.  Some have perfect OMC records and very little hype.  So it is a blended effort of the three main features that I was looking for in these initial rankings.  Due to us not having a ton of active fighters or a ton of experienced fighters, I was only able to compile a top 5 rankings, but it's a start.

145 (tourney pending)

1. Cheyenne Little Dove (3-0)  (3-0 OMC)

2. Ringer Zinc (5-0) (0-0 OMC)

3. John Fisher (2-0-1) (2-0-1 OMC)

4. Mike Barnes (1-2) (1-2 OMC)

5. Nicky Louis (2-0) (0-0 OMC)

1. Johnny Ringo (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

2. Finlay McShane (1-0) (1-0 OMC)

3. Rock Lester (2-0) (1-0 OMC) 

4. Charles E Boles (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

5. Senior Coles (2-1) (1-1 OMC)

C. Toke Axelsen (3-0) (3-0 OMC)

1. Caio Carvalho (4-0)  (3-0 OMC)

2. Manny Shooter (3-0-1)  (3-0-1 OMC) 

3. Mohammed Abul (3-2) (3-2 OMC)

4. Joseph Mama (2-0) (2-0 OMC)

5. Playboi Guerrero (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

1. Fookin Bum (5-2) (1-0 OMC)

2. Herpes McPenicillan (3-0) (2-0 OMC)

3. Jesse James (2-0) (2-0 OMC)

4. Another Try (2-0) (0-0 OMC)

5. Curly Bill Brocius (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

205 (tourney underway)

1. William H Bonney (3-0) (3-0 OMC)

2. Kane Thoupos (2-1) (2-0 OMC)

3. Santino Cabal (2-0) (2-0 OMC) 

4. Jose Castellanos (1-0) (1-0 OMC)

5. Apollinaire Aury (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

265 (tourney pending)

1. Bogdan Kireyev (4-1) (2-1 OMC)

2. Cedric Pollard (3-1) (2-0 OMC)

3. James Butler Hickok (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

4. Henry Dustfinger (3-0) (1-0 OMC)

5. Killer Dog (4-0) (0-0 OMC)

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Gator001 said:

danilas quit the game outright??? Was he a multi or something??

I have no clue what happened.  I went to send him the 1 million cash prize and it said user not found.  Now, all his fighters are free agents and his account seems to have been closed.

Outlaw 13 - Jazz vs Zinc

No title fights, no tournament finals, just some good old fashion MMA brawls!  This card may not have the names that pop out to you, but it is packed with fighters who want to make a name for themselves in Outlaw.  So tune in and see who catches your eye as this card may very well have one, or more, future OMC champions fighting tonight.
Before we jump in, a quick word from our sponsor.

New Standard Sports Nutrition

Mile High has rebranded into New Standard.  With the best products on the market at the lowest prices, it's time we set the standard with New Standard Sports Nutrition.  At only $100 per unit for all 160q supplements you could ever want, visit New York to stock up on all your supplemental needs.  Offering sponsorships to fighters of all levels, skills, and experience, New Standard invites you to test out our products with a sponsorship and free sample of supplements of your choice.  If you don't live in New York, it's fine!  Just order in bulk and products will be shipped directly to you or your manager in only 3 days, free of charge!

So if you want to be your best, take the best of the best by the best from New Standard!

Undercard

Yaya Kouame (1-0) vs Travis Poirer (0-1)

Yaya comes into this fight after a win in his first ever bout, even though it was just an "official" sparring match.  He's 1-0 in OMC and looking to improve to 2-0.  Under manager Peixoto, he's expected to be well trained and versatile and no doube he's looking to kick off this event in a big way.  His opponent, Travis Poirer, is coming off a loss against Wiki Fobbs in his only QFC fight and will be making his OMC debut against Kouame.  He's a brown belt and seems to be his primary focus as the rest of his skillset is lacking.  Look for him to try to get the fight to the ground and tap out Kouame.  Either way it goes, I don't see this fight going the distance.  One of these guys will get a finish tonight.

Liam Mcgregor (2-2) vs Serghei Vasilescu (1-3)

Liam is 1-1 in OMC after a 1-1 QFC start.  He's a bit down on his luck as far as his morale would suggest, but a win in this one could turn things around quickly.  He's a superb boxer and has a rounded ground game which he used to secure a submission victory over Rick Grimes in his QFC debut.  He took Senior Coles the distance and got the decision in his OMC debut only to lose his last fight against Boles where he was KO'd in the first round.  I guess that'll shake anyone's confidence to some degree.  His opponent, Vasilescu, is in a similar boat with the morale as he has only one victory under his belt, and that was in the QFC.  His OMC debut was a loss to Johnny Ringo, and it was over quickly.  His morale has not since recovered and despite memo's sent to newer managers, his manager may not have taken the info to heart.  This fight can go either way due to the morale issue from both fighters, but that should keep it even as both fighters have about 50% morale.  Style wise, they match up pretty well with Mcgregor having the edge in boxing and Vasilescu having the edge in Muay Thai.  On the ground, they are about even.

Keith Scwerinn (4-0) vs Clay Mann (3-1)

Schwerinn is riding high with his 4-0 start as he won his QFC tournament.  He's now stepped into Outlaw to test his skills against tougher competition.  He will make his debut tonight against Mann and no doubt he will look to take the fight to the ground where he has shown the ability to finish not only via submission, but also from some nasty ground and pound.  Mann, is not far behind him with a 3-1 record and his only loss was to Scwerinn in the QFC tournament.  These two will run it back and see if that fight was a fluke or if Scwerinn is truly the better fighter.  Mann is also a grappler but chose to focus more on wrestling while still holding a purple belt in BJJ.  If he can use his wrestling to gain dominant position here, he could negate the GnP and get himself a huge win in this one.

Bo Outlaw (1-0) vs Age Sixteen (0-0)

Bo won his QFC debut and jumped right into Outlaw after, full of confidence and ready to take on the world.  Unfortunately, his manager has been MIA of late and the lack of communication and coaching has severely hampered Outlaw's chances here as he comes into this fight at half energy having not taken enough time off from training.  His opponent, Age Sixteen, will surely capitalize on Outlaw's low energy level and wear his opponent down quickly where he will use his remarkable Muay Thai striking skills to put Outlaw to sleep.

Christian Silalahi (1-0) vs Sutton Crumb (1-0)

Silalahi is another unproven fighter who took a submission win in his QFC debut and jumped strait up on OMC to take on bigger fish.  Hes balancing out his skills, but is primarily a grappler.  His opponent has the same path with a QFC win and also making his OMC debut but he's a much different style of fighter as he's a wonderful Muay Thai striker who's matched his opponents wrestling skills, only giving up the edge in BJJ.  If this fight stays standing, Crumb will have a significant advantage, however, he'll have his work cut out for him if they end up on the ground.

Jamie Muri (1-0) vs Baztek Yzurik (1-0)

Muri is another 1-0 fighter but he didn't come from the QFC.  Muri took his victory in Commonwealth where he scored a decision victory in his debut before moving on to OMC where he'll debut tonight against Yzurik.  Yzurik, 1-0 in the QFC will showcase his skills against the newcomer as each of these guys make their debut tonight.  These guys match up almost perfectly and I think we could be in for a great fight in this one to set up the main card.

Main Card

Senior Coles (2-1) vs Aleksei Avagov (1-0)

Coles bounced back from his only loss with a win over  Boles in his last outing.  Unfortunately, he must not have made much money as he's still wearing the same clothes he wore from day one.  I'm not sure if it's a mental game he plays with his opponents, or if he just sends all his winnings back to Waikiki to support his family.  He will look to put his brown belt to use (maybe being on the ground smelling like that is an advantage) against Avagov.  Avagov will be making his OMC debut against the smelly veteran and should match up fairly well against him.  He doesn't have the same BJJ game, but he's a far superior wrestler who will look to control the action.  This may be a submission battle as these two go back and forth, but with Avagov being in high spirits and full of morale, I think the edge will go to him in this one.

Cole Orion (2-1) vs Heimrich Rolf (1-0)

Orion fell one short in the tournament and didn't make the finale, but not for lack of effort.  He's a striker, through and through, but upset his first round opponent by forcing him to tap.  Coming off a loss to the now champion, Axelsen, Orion will look to bounce back and show that losing to the champ doesn't mean he's a chump.  Don't forget, his 3rd err.. now 2nd eye is watching you, Rolf!  Rolf, makes his QFC debut and drew a difficult opponent.  As far as his skill set, he matches up fairly well as he's also a striker though he balances his training more between boxing and Muay Thai where Orion focuses more on Muay Thai.   He is at a disadvantage on the ground, but even though Orion won his first bout by submission, he's not likely to take it to the ground voluntarily.  This should be a strikers display and pure fireworks.

Co-Main Event

Marcos Furriel (0-0) vs Constantin Schneider (0-0)

First off, I have no idea how this fight turned into the co-main event.  I used the auto-sort feature to sort the fights by hype/popularity, and this fight came in as the co-main event (second highest hyped fight) on the card.  I guess these guys are popular on social media and have a following...  It's hard to give a fight breakdown when we haven't yet seen either of these guys throw down, so we'll just have to wait and see.  What we do know, is that Furriel is a competent wrestler and holds a blue belt while Schneider is a superb wrestler and holds a blue belt.  Going off that alone, it appears that Schneider would have the edge.  But as we don't know what kind of chins or heart these guys have, this fight really could go either way.

Main Event

John Jazz (1-0) vs Ringer Zinc (5-0)

Now, on to our main event!  The unknown QFC produce John Jazz will look to make a name for himself in this one after his lone victory in QFC.  He's full of hype, full of energy, but lacking a manager in his corner.  He's a pure striker with no training on the ground at all that I'm aware of, so that may play into Zinc's hands.  Zinc is a boxer, but his passion is wrestling.  He's got 5 (T)KO victories in QFC and this will essentially be another QFC bout for him as his opponent was 1-0 in QFC.  Both fighters make their OMC debut, but Zinc has the confidence and experience of 5 wins under his belt and a manager in his corner to help coach him through this one.  It's almost certain he will come out on top, but Jazz has the ability to end a fight in one punch so there's always a strikers chance, even without a manager!

• Upvote 3

VMngLBU.jpg

Outlaw 14 - Thoupos vs Cabal

Our first ever 205 champion will be crowned!  The 205 Showdown finale is finally upon us as we close out this tournament and crown our champion, as well as see who will cash in on that $1 million cash prize!

I am feeling under the weather the last couple of days so this will be a fight highlight for the main event and not a full preview of the entire card.  For that, I apologize, but I'm just not up to sitting here long enough to do the full review.  Hopefully, I'll be feeling better by Sunday so I can do a full recap of the event for you instead.

Kane Thoupos (2-1) vs Santino Cabal (2-0)

This is an interesting match up as the current 170 champion was coming out of the same camp as Cabal and were very close to having two champions from the same gym.  However, after winning the title at 170 with Axelsen, their manager abruptly retired leaving the fighters to fend for themselves.  Now, Axelsen got his belt and has a new manager to defend it with and looks to be in good shape moving forward.  Cabal was well on his way, and very well still has a shot, but with a new manager comes a new game plan and that means anything can happen.

Thoupos has been impressive in the first two rounds of this tournament and has to be at an all time high in confidence facing an opponent who could be sidetracked by out of cage issues.  Thoupos has also looked very impressive training up to this fight and has shown flashes of brilliance in his Muay Thai and his boxing has come a long way too.  Don't expect this fight to go to the ground unless it's a knockdown as neither fighter wants any part of the ground.  While Cabal is an accomplished boxer, overall striking would appear to be in favor of Thoupos.  But, as I said before, with a new manager and new plan of attack, anything an happen.  And, when it comes to strikers, anyone can land that one big shot.. so truly, anything can happen.

Prediction: Thoupos wins via TKO

Due to all the above mentioned distractions and matchups, I would have to lean towards Thoupos having a slight edge in this matchup.  As I fully expect him to be crowned the next champ, just remember... anything can happen. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/14/2022 at 7:51 PM, Bleakardor said:

These are essentially preliminary rankings due to us having a tournament title fight booked, and two other tournaments in the making as the rosters are all but filled out.  Also, a couple of our top fighters, including the first champion in OMC history, are now free agents due to their manager quitting the game. (assuming that's what happened)

So check the free agent list for a couple of young studs.

Toke Axelsen (champion)

https://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=380032

Santino Cabal (in title fight)

https://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=380038

If you want to make a splash with a fighter at the top, snag up one of these guys!

As for the rankings, I have taken into consideration for these initial rankings three main categories, in no particular order.  Outlaw wins, Overall wins, and hype.  Some fighters are more hyped than others but have never fought in the OMC.  Some have perfect OMC records and very little hype.  So it is a blended effort of the three main features that I was looking for in these initial rankings.  Due to us not having a ton of active fighters or a ton of experienced fighters, I was only able to compile a top 5 rankings, but it's a start.

145 (tourney pending)

1. Cheyenne Little Dove (3-0)  (3-0 OMC)

2. Ringer Zinc (5-0) (0-0 OMC)

3. John Fisher (2-0-1) (2-0-1 OMC)

4. Mike Barnes (1-2) (1-2 OMC)

5. Nicky Louis (2-0) (0-0 OMC)

1. Johnny Ringo (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

2. Finlay McShane (1-0) (1-0 OMC)

3. Rock Lester (2-0) (1-0 OMC) 

4. Charles E Boles (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

5. Senior Coles (2-1) (1-1 OMC)

C. Toke Axelsen (3-0) (3-0 OMC)

1. Caio Carvalho (4-0)  (3-0 OMC)

2. Manny Shooter (3-0-1)  (3-0-1 OMC) 

3. Mohammed Abul (3-2) (3-2 OMC)

4. Joseph Mama (2-0) (2-0 OMC)

5. Playboi Guerrero (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

1. Fookin Bum (5-2) (1-0 OMC)

2. Herpes McPenicillan (3-0) (2-0 OMC)

3. Jesse James (2-0) (2-0 OMC)

4. Another Try (2-0) (0-0 OMC)

5. Curly Bill Brocius (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

205 (tourney underway)

1. William H Bonney (3-0) (3-0 OMC)

2. Kane Thoupos (2-1) (2-0 OMC)

3. Santino Cabal (2-0) (2-0 OMC) 

4. Jose Castellanos (1-0) (1-0 OMC)

5. Apollinaire Aury (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

265 (tourney pending)

1. Bogdan Kireyev (4-1) (2-1 OMC)

2. Cedric Pollard (3-1) (2-0 OMC)

3. James Butler Hickok (2-1) (2-1 OMC)

4. Henry Dustfinger (3-0) (1-0 OMC)

5. Killer Dog (4-0) (0-0 OMC)

You're missing Garth Brooks 0-0 in the pending 265 tourney.

• 2 weeks later...

Sean McCarthy would just like to introduce himself to the organisation.

Sean McCarthy: "Thank you for signing me boss, so glad to get this opportunity. Now... on to business, I would like to call out Gabriel Bozic... you're a bum that's fought a bum. I'll finish you within a round b****! Alongside this, if for any reason Bozic decides he's not man enough to fight me, Hercules Simbolon? Let's freaking go! I've seen a more varied submission game from my nephew and he's twelve. This is the beginning of the takeover!"

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jperallta93 said:

Sean McCarthy would just like to introduce himself to the organisation.

Sean McCarthy: "Thank you for signing me boss, so glad to get this opportunity. Now... on to business, I would like to call out Gabriel Bozic... you're a bum that's fought a bum. I'll finish you within a round b****! Alongside this, if for any reason Bozic decides he's not man enough to fight me, Hercules Simbolon? Let's freaking go! I've seen a more varied submission game from my nephew and he's twelve. This is the beginning of the takeover!"

Bozic has a fight scheduled (though not yet accepted by both parties) while Simbolon's opponent declined the fight offer, so he's free for the April 1st card.  Good luck!

9 minutes ago, Bleakardor said:

Bozic has a fight scheduled (though not yet accepted by both parties) while Simbolon's opponent declined the fight offer, so he's free for the April 1st card.  Good luck!

McCarthy has stated he can't wait to take the fake 'Hercules' out with ease.

• Like 1

1646347838145%20Showdown.jpg

Outlaw 16 - 145 Showdown (Round 1)

This has been a tough few weeks for me as having free time to do things in game has just not been easy for a variety of reasons.  For that, I apologize and promise that I continue to look for help to assist with write ups, graphics, and anything else to lighten the load.  Many of you don't know how time consuming it is to run an org and the ratings reflect this.  But, I am trying and as always, if you don't like being here, just shoot me a message and I'll release your fighters.  I'd rather you be happy elsewhere than unhappy here and dragging down the org with you.

There were some good fights on this card and the long awaited 145 creation tournament finally kicked off.  So let's jump into the recap to look at how things turned out for our participants.  Keep in mind, this is a double elimination tournament, so even the loss won't eliminate your fighter from contention.

Tournament:

Edwin Hubble  DEF  Evaristo Branco  via Decision (Unanimous)

Double trouble Hubble came out and dominated Branco by taking each and every round in convincing fashion.  Now, it's double elimination but with Branco becoming a free agent, his next opponent will get a bye in the elimination bracket.  This might have been the single most one sided fight I've ever seen taken to the judges with each of the 3 judges scoring the fight 30:24.  Branco managed only 1 punch while Hubble landed 82/82 GnP.  Simply unbelievable.  Tito, you better watch your 6, there's a new face basher in the game!

Chumani Adofo  DEF  Clancy Mills via TKO (Strikes)

The big right hand of Mills was not able to do the damage needed to the granite chin of Adofo as Adofo managed to get the finish in the final minute of the 2nd round.  Mills was rocked towards the end of the first round but was able to hold on and get to the bell.  Adofo wasn't going to let that happen a 2nd time though, and really laid it on in the final minute of that 2nd round to force the ref to stop the fight.

Marc Magomedov  DEF  Shimura Tenko via Submission (Kimura) (SotN)

Our only submission on the card and an easy Sub of the Night award to hand out with a lack of competition.  Two fighters who probably wish they had taken test fights before the tournament as the Confident Magomedov took out the Intelligent Tenko.  Now, if Tenko works hard on his ground game, that Intelligence could make him a dark horse in the elimination bracket moving forward, and it's possible we could see these two face off again if Magomedov's confidence falls short and he is knocked out of the first bracket.  But, for now, Magomedov is riding high after a quick submission victory over an untrained opponent on the ground.  If the fight had stayed standing, it may have been a different game, but it didn't, so no use wishful thinking.

Georges MacDonald  DEF  Ariel Perez via Decision (Unanimous)

This was another one sided fight as MacDonald pretty much had his way each and every round with Perez.  The judges noticed had bulked up since his first fight, but that muscle mass didn't help him much in this fight.  MacDonald didn't really do anything to impress, but his takedowns were very nice and frequent.  The takedowns alone scored him enough points to win the fight as he was able to control the fight with relative ease on the ground and impose his will on Perez.   Perez did land 3 punches, but MacDonald landed 5 takedowns.. and that was about the extent of the fight...

Rest of card:

Gun Nero  DEF  Jason Bell via Submission (Triangle)

Nothing unexpected here, two fighters from the same manager to fill in as a "test" fight.  Thanks for the short notice fill in, buddy. 

Cheyenne Little Dove  DEF  John Fisher via TKO (Strikes) (FotN)

This fight took Fight of the Night honors, and even though it was ended in the 2nd round, there was no doubt it was the best fight of the card.  Fisher came out looking great dominated the first round and nearly putting away Dove with a brutal hook.  But Dove flew around and danced out of the way of any follow up damage until being able to regain senses.  In the final minute of the round, Dove came back and rocked Fisher to return the favor, but in the end, the judges gave Fisher the round.

But in the 2nd round, Dove came out and soared like an Eagle and a HUGE right sent Fisher down again, but this time Dove jumped on his back and started dropping bombs until the ref jumped in to stop the action.  Great show by Dove, and a disappointed Fisher will look to bounce back when next he takes the cage.

Marcos Furriel  DEF  Liam Mcgregor via Decision (Unanimous)

This fight was back and forth all fight long.  With Mcgregor dominating the first round, Furriel came back with a vengeance in the 2nd round and rocked Mcgregor but was unable to finish him.  Furriel dominated the 2nd to pull even as the fight went into the 3rd and final round.  Another takedown by Furriel puts Mcgregor right where he wants him, but a few nice reversals by Mcgregor kept him from being finished in that last round.  Unfortunately, it didn't help him gain any points and Furriel was still able to take the round, and the fight by judges scorecard.

Clay Mann  DEF  Sutton Crumb via Decision (Unanimous)

When a striker is unable to stay standing longer than a few seconds in a round, he's in bad shape.  That was the case here for Crumb as he just wasn't able to do anything in the little amount of time he had on his feet.  Mann did a superb job in keeping this fight on the ground where he was able to completely dominate.  The one thing I can say for Crumb is that he didn't give up and took it the distance.  So there's that...

Ian McGregor  DEF  Enzo Mesquita via KO (Punch) (KotN)

Hats off to McGregor for a good ole' fashioned ass kicking of Mesquita.  When you can KO a fighter in under a minute and make him look so bad that even his manager acts like he doesn't know him, you have earned braggin' rights.  That soul-severing uppercut earned McGregor KO of the Night honors.

Khabib Nurmagomedov  DEF  Age Sixteen via TKO (Strikes)

Sometimes, you just gotta take pity on a fighter.  This kid, Sixteen, is only 16 years old and he's in the cage with older more mature fighters and hasn't backed down from anyone.  Unfortunately, he's landed him his 2nd strait loss and this one didn't make it out of the 1st round.  Sixteen will be given some time off to train and get his head together, but props to the young warrior who fears no man.  Mr. Nurmagomedov, I believe the police are looking for you... something about assaulting a minor with your elbows or something?  May want to go clear that up...

• Upvote 4

Sean McCarthy was free to speak after his yoga session today, he had some choice words about his opponents 'radio silence'

"I feel like I'm the only one trying to sell his fight, Hercules has the personality of a brick wall and the fighting skills of a piece of plaster board... I think he's scared, I really do. I'm 10-8 in the trash talking round and he's going to be lucky if he even gets to see a scorecard in our fight. Watch your back, b****!"

• Upvote 1

qZkjIfD.gif

Outlaw 17 - Axelsen vs Carvalho

It's been a crazy few days with the sell of Bellicose and trying to work for Outlaw until we get through these tournaments, but here's my crack and keeping it going.  This probably won't be a full blown preview due to time constraints as I have to work on another preview as well, but I will at least knock out the main card and see how it goes from there.

Just a reminder that even though I have taken over Bellicose, Outlaw will continue to run throughout the duration of the tournaments.  And if you've done the math on the 265 tournament (round robin format) then you will know that 1 fight per month and 8 participants means we have a ways to go still.

So let's go ahead and jump into the action of Outlaw 17 where Axelsen will make his debut title defense against Carvalho.  To this point, Axelsen is in the final fight of his contract and has not extended.  He may be waiting to see how this fight goes before he makes a decision, who knows.  But he will have a fight on his hands as Carvalho hasn't lost yet and is hungry for that gold strap.

Main Event:

Toke Axelsen (3-0)  vs  Caio Carvalho (4-0)

This title fight headlines tonight's event and should not disappoint.  Axelsen is under new management so there is no telling where this fight will go.  He could choose to stick with the strategy that has worked for him or be focusing on something entirely different with his new manager.  This is a tough spot for Carvalho as he will have a hard time coming up with a strategy to take on the champ, but if anyone can do it, Carvalho can.  Carvalho has been able to win in all sorts of ways having won fights by decision, submission, and even TKO in his last outing.  But make no mistake, this will be his toughest fight to date.  Axelsen is the winner of the 170 showdown and has been unbeatable the duration of his time in Outlaw.  Things could change tonight, or he may just keep his winning ways.  

Co-Main Event:

Santino Cabal (2-1)  vs  William H Bonney (3-0)

Another fight where a fighter will be making his debut with a new manager as the runner up for the 205 tournament, Santino Cabal, finds himself under new management after losing the title fight to Kane Thoupos last time out.  He'll be looking to bounce back with a win against Bonney and make a case to get back to that title fight in the future.  Bonney has yet to taste defeat, however, Cabal will be his toughest competition to date.  Bonney is a striker and has won all 3 of his fights by KO and can't imagine him looking to do anything other than that with Cabal.  

Manny Shooter (3-0-1)  vs  Keith Schwerinn (4-1)

Manny Shooter was pissed going into his last fight.  He was coming off a draw and none too happy about it.  He did manage to get his revenge and get the W against Ruiz, creating a rivalry in the process.  Those two will most likely meet up again down the road one day, but tonight it's a different story.  Having yet to taste defeat, Shooter is back to riding high with no lack of confidence, but he  may want to not be over confident as his opponent is no slouch either.  Coming in at 4-1, and having won the QFC tournament but losing his Outlaw debut against Clay Mann, Schwerinn has proven he has the ability to win.  He defeated Mann in the finale of the tournament only to lose to him in his OMC debut, but he'll look to bounce back from that loss and prove that he's the top dog in the 170 division who is deserving of a title shot in the future, at least, before Manny Shooter.  Guess we'll have to tune in and see if he can back it up or if Shooter will keep shooting for the moon in his title hopes.

Playboi Guerrero (2-1)  vs  Mohammed Abul (3-2)

Guerrero is another tough cookie who's only loss came to the undefeated Carvalho who headlines this card tonight in a challengers spot in the title fight.  Guerrero is still near the top of the division and a victory over the tournament runner up Abul would go a long way towards getting him back in line for that title shot.  But, to overlook a fighter like Abul would be a critical mistake.  Abul didn't get into that title fight with Toke Axelsen by mere chance or luck.  The man defeated everyone who stepped in front of him, including the hard hitting Raining Blood.  All of his wins and losses have come via decision, so it's safe to say we know what Abul will be looking to do to win this fight.  Out fight and score more points than his opponent.  But don't let that lull you to sleep because there's no telling when he's going to just wind up and let fly a hammer that could put someone to sleep.

Yaya Kouame (2-0)  vs  Another Try (2-1)

Kouame is now 2-0 in Outlaw and starting to pick up some steam as he works his way up the ranks of the division.  He's an established striker but can hold his own as a wrestler and has demonstrated his ability to put all of his skills to use to win however needed doing whatever it takes.  He'll be looking to take that mentality into this fight against Another Try who is coming off his first defeat.  Try did lose his Outlaw debut and needs to turn things around quickly or risk his morale dropping to an all time low.  His manager should consider investing in some new garbs for Try as he's still wearing the same clothes he has since his QFC days, but to each his own.  Try's morale is a little low, but I've seen worse.  He's a bit over matched in this fight in boxing and Muay Thai, so he'll be fighting an uphill battle to win this one.

Davante Summers (4-1)  vs  Butch Cassidy (1-2)

Ok, we're starting to get to the point where I'm seeing guys morale low in every fight.  Guys, change your fighters clothes frequently and get those morale's up.. it's as simple as that.  Summers is the older fighter here at 23 years old with remarkable boxing, but his morale may cause him some issues against the youngster he faces.  Cassidy hasn't done anything to show he's worthy of expectations, however, as he's only just won his first fight last outing against Enzo Mesquita, and he's starting to look like a bit of a pushover at that.  So Cassidy could try to prove himself against the older fighter, but with the lack of morale it's not really  much of a feat if he does win.  However, if Summers defeats Cassidy, perhaps Cassidy should consider a career in modeling instead.

Joseph Mama (2-0)  vs  Christian Silalahi (1-1)

Mama looks ready to rock coming into this fight and will likely continue to rely on his BJJ to get the job done.  He faces a wrestler who has a blue belt in BJJ so this fight will most likely end up on the ground where Mama will have the advantage wit his BJJ.  

Fardoche Fermier (1-0)  vs  Ivor Biggun (1-0)

Fermier is a pure grappler making his Outlaw debut at age 25.  He will have absolutely no desire to stay standing as I am not sure he's ever even had a single sparring session for striking, but you never know with these Canadians.. (haha)  His opponent, Biggun, is a much better wrestler than Fermier, but gives up the BJJ side in a big way.  The only thing I can say for sure about this fight is that it will go to the ground and stay there.

Carey Bolden (1-2)  vs  Moe Telsiks (2-2)

Bolden, low morale... he's old enough to know better.. balanced fighter, doesn't excel at anything.  He's facing Moe Telsiks who hasn't had the best of starts to his career, but has looked more impressive than Bolden.  He's in high morale, got some fresh digs and is ready to bounce back from his loss to Joseph Mama in his last outing.  From what I hear, he's even going to have Donkey Dan in his corner for this fight, so that's got to put the fight in his favor!

Travis Poirer (0-2)  vs  Frank WooWoo (0-3)

This fight will open up the night.. at least we know one of these guys will get their first win.  Both have issues with morale and are wearing some smelly old ass clothes, but someone has to win.. I mean, if this goes the distance and is a draw, I may just fire both of these guys.. (joking)

• Upvote 3