How did your 16 year old fighter turn out?

popart

Hey everyone, 

Most of us know the advantages and drawbacks of creating 16/17 year old fights. More time to train, hit their skillcap slightly earlier- but can be derailed by injuries, and is subject to the same dice roll of hiddens as 18 year old fighters but for a steep price. 

This being said, have you ever created a 16 year old fighter? How did they turn out? Did you test learning speed, hiddens, etc., or did you just deep train and hope for the best? Let's hear some stories!

I personally decided to create one, since I never have before- will definitely update in this thread when I get the chance :)

• Upvote 5

Feels like every 16 year old I've ever come across was plagued with god awful learning speed?

I've picked up one or two FA's in my time but never created as I don't think the cost is worthwhile at all. I had to sack after a while when it was clear that they'd never be maxed out even as a KT fighter with fewer secondaries.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

Feels like every 16 year old I've ever come across was plagued with god awful learning speed?

I've picked up one or two FA's in my time but never created as I don't think the cost is worthwhile at all. I had to sack after a while when it was clear that they'd never be maxed out even as a KT fighter with fewer secondaries.

Most don't select learning speed, thus they have a 1-150 roll and with anything under 115ish being slow, odds are this will happen. I've seen the YABAI boys roll lots of 16s-17s who are actively fighting. Probably alliance that does/did it most.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Kajun Puno

Kajun Puno - Hiddens Report.

Intelligence: 39/150.
Heart: 145/150.
Chin: 139/150.
Injury Proneness: 125/150.
Self Confidence: 113/150.
Cuts: 72/150.
Fast Learner: 95/150.
Natural KO: 138/150.
Average: 108.3/150. Rank: 7,819 out of 212,997 (top 4%)

Experience: 147/150.
Potential: 118/123. (Min 96).
Age Drop Off: 31 years.

The only 16 y/o of mine that ever made it past QFC was Kajun Puno and I took him to #1 P4P but not without struggle. He was 6-5 in ID restricted orgs. Too slow to compete as a grappler build. Never had elite primaries.

• Upvote 3

Legend Debonaire - has gone 4-0 I didn’t test anything at the time as I just had came back. He’s in SSD shoring up his skills. 

Dakota Thibodeaux Jr - a guy yall all may know as Baby Thibs. Definitely a 6er learner, granite chinned. He’s done pretty well going 1-1 in MMA. I might have slidered him outta the fight with Bill Smif but “Bill Smif Fucks” amirite? 

Will Smif - fresh 16, FAST learner granite chin.. looks to be up in coming. 

Laurenz Thibodeaux - haven’t tested.. not a 6er.. but we will see he if stays.

Update:12/18 Laurenz was cut today. 5.85 Learner who tends to cut. Who knows what could’ve been.

Saige Thibodeaux - 6.9 learn speed. Tends to Cut. Nuff said.. 😒 

Those are my current kept forays into 16 yo territory that I remember. I will return with links and names if there are anymore. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I currently have 3 16 year old creations on my roster. Hank McCoy currently 4-0. James Howlett currently 1-0 and a bjj black belt. And Ajin Heceda 0-0 and will be that for awhile like James he's a grappler but started with wrestling instead of bjj and I don't test really I just prefer the whole train and roll the dice. So nothing will be uncovered him as far as fighting for about 5 more months irl time or more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Pulkkinen was my best 16 yo creation. I created about 20 young fighters some years ago and most of them failed. When you create 16 year old you want to keep him even if he would have not that good hiddens. Its huge problem, because most important thing is hiddens. That 2 year advantage doesent really matter that much, if you dont have super fast learning speed.  Basically 18 yo 7 learner is as good as 16 yo 6 learner. I had many young creations that i didnt really care and just kept, because they had that little age advantage. 

Pulkkinen had good hiddens, but hes height was biggest factor and he was able to outstrike everyone. Maybe i retired him too early, like i retire most of my guys.

Im little surprised that people dont create more 16 and 17 year olds. Because people have so much tycoon cash that they wont be ever using into anything. They definelitely should spend it into something.

Taisto Perälä was good free agent pick up. He had decent career and mostly was able to win hes fights with hes 150 KO power. Otherwise he had quite decent hiddens.

• Upvote 1

Made all my projects 16yo when I returned, so like 21 fighters. Sorta fucked up some things with them record wise because getting QFCs with that many fighters was a pain, so just had my guys fight each other when they started decaying. Got them all contracts with orgs now though. They currently 19 so we'll see where they are in a year.

• Like 1