Official MMATycoon Olympics Rankings and Brackets

Icon73

6 hours ago, bjornmma1 said:

PS:  it would be great if some other managers (in the Olympics or bystanders) would post a bit about the upcoming fights and the results as well. It is not a one or two man show... 

15812997724248.png

Kiryu Kazuma (16-6-0)

I don't like to talk about my opponents before that final bell rings because until then any one of them can be the one to take me out. Thanks to Shen Po for keeping me on my toes but you can't be a Little Po on a Big Pond and the Dragon takes no prisoners, on to the next big challenge with Rick Piano who's no small feat having jjst KO'd the #1 MW, time to focus.

Also congrats to Paddys supplements thats what 3 fighters using those supplements now? They're USADA approved right? ...right?

Po slips under a jab from Kazuma.
Po slips a jab and a cross from Kazuma.
Kazuma cracks Po with a big right hand that sends him crashing to the floor. Kazuma has the opportunity to follow him to the ground but instead he's beckoning Po to stand back up!
Po is rocked!
Kazuma lands a big uppercut and this one is all over! His foe lies motionless on the canvas - a massive one punch knockout!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 2:56 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Punch). Kiryu Kazuma!
A loyal slave to those sponsorship dollars, Kiryu Kazuma made sure he mentioned Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q), along with how happy he was to win his fight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Oldbones said:

15812997724248.png

Kiryu Kazuma (16-6-0)

I don't like to talk about my opponents before that final bell rings because until then any one of them can be the one to take me out. Thanks to Shen Po for keeping me on my toes but you can't be a Little Po on a Big Pond and the Dragon takes no prisoners, on to the next big challenge with Rick Piano who's no small feat having jjst KO'd the #1 MW, time to focus.

Also congrats to Paddys supplements thats what 3 fighters using those supplements now? They're USADA approved right? ...right?

Kazuma cracks Po with a big right hand that sends him crashing to the floor. Kazuma has the opportunity to follow him to the ground but instead he's beckoning Po to stand back up!
Po is rocked!
Kazuma lands a big uppercut and this one is all over! His foe lies motionless on the canvas - a massive one punch knockout!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 2:56 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Punch). Kiryu Kazuma!
A loyal slave to those sponsorship dollars, Kiryu Kazuma made sure he mentioned Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q), along with how happy he was to win his fight.

Paddy's Enhancing Drugs
image.png.55c32f7b74953d56ce6e492f7412d2d5.png

Thanks for the post fight speech, much appreciated! You are a beast and it is a pleasure being your sponsor. 

FYI, a bonus system will be set up for any PED fighter who medals in te Olympics! We take care of our guys! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Oldbones said:

15812997724248.png

Kiryu Kazuma (16-6-0)

Po is rocked!

Congratulation on the win and looking forward to the war tomorrow

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, BenhornbyMMA said:

Over the moon with my knock out victory of the current Syn middleweight champion Jean-Claude Marceau and looking forward to sending Kiryu Kazuma to the shadow realm tomorrow.

---- Rick ( The big, booty, daddy) Piano

rick mma.jpeg

Congrats to you as well it's the biggest power move to knock out the #1, I don't know about the shadow realm though you don't have any millenium items and you haven't even seen my trap cards yet.

But if we're talking wars this is the real gold right here. 

• Upvote 3

Actually i really like that olympics are not at normal hype/pop gains. It would just make it too harsh for top ranked guys.

I have never really cared about rank, because it doesent always tell wich fighter is really best. Somehow majority of best guys are at same side of the bracket as my Okafor in 205.

Garuda is seed 7 at 205, but honestly i believe hes best out of those 8. He was possibly scariest fighter little over year ago, but something happened and hes not same fighter anymore. I still believe that he is fighter that could have change to win at 205 in right hands.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, poraan said:

Actually i really like that olympics are not at normal hype/pop gains. It would just make it too harsh for top ranked guys.

I have never really cared about rank, because it doesent always tell wich fighter is really best. Somehow majority of best guys are at same side of the bracket as my Okafor in 205.

Garuda is seed 7 at 205, but honestly i believe hes best out of those 8. He was possibly scariest fighter little over year ago, but something happened and hes not same fighter anymore. I still believe that he is fighter that could have change to win at 205 in right hands.

I agree about the Hype/pop. Also I think there is a March Madness element to the Olympics. The best fighters don't always win. Its about right night, right place, right time. Its why I love March Madness and its why I'm really enjoying the Olympics. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, BenhornbyMMA said:

Over the moon with my knock out victory of the current Syn middleweight champion Jean-Claude Marceau and looking forward to sending Kiryu Kazuma to the shadow realm tomorrow.

---- Rick ( The big, booty, daddy) Piano

rick mma.jpeg

Huge upset from one syn legend to another. Great performance.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14856844305227.png
Magnificent Chulalongkorn
145 lbs, Sucker Punch Pro Series
18-6-0
39 p4p

The Olympics have not gone the way I expected them to go yet, but I managed to get a nice sub win nonetheless and advance to the finals. I honestly didn't expect to start the fight so slow myself and didn't find my switch until nearly the third round. Props to Jimenez, he proved a worthy challenge. However, I did scout him well and the guillotine wasn't a surprise to me, I specifically set up my ground gameplan for it, believe it or not. 

Chulalongkorn is looking to cinch up a triangle. Jimenez throws the leg off to one side though and gets in tight to Chulalongkorn's body to avoid the submission. Chulalongkorn has instead reached around Jimenez's neck and now has a guillotine! Oh, this is biiiig trouble! Chulalongkorn arches his back and squeezes and forces the tap from his hapless opponent.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:56 of round 3, we have a winner by way of Submission (Guillotine). Magnificent Chulalongkorn!
An out of breath and clearly excited Magnificent Chulalongkorn thanked Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q) for their help and support (and free stuff they sent him).

In the finals, I will face Finnish Tax Payer, the monster who murdered Do Ho Joy in the quarter finals and just put the number one seed at featherweight away now as well. I feel like the underdog, but a dangerous underdog who will die trying if necessary. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, bjornmma1 said:

PS:  it would be great if some other managers (in the Olympics or bystanders) would post a bit about the upcoming fights and the results as well. It is not a one or two man show... 

I would so do this and even do write-ups for it if I wasn't so insanely busy planning for a 9 hour drive and 4 day stay down in Asheville this weekend starting tomorrow.  Guys' weekend getaway for my buddy who's getting married...big brewery tour upcoming!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bjornmma1 said:

@MMATycoon: the event names etc for the finals aren't correct yet, they are still called QFC tournament round. 

Also, shouldn't there be a match for bronze per division, so a fight between the losers of the semi - finals? 

Give him some time mate. The semi finals match said the same before he changed it.

Also usually in fight sports there is 2 bronze medalist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_at_the_2016_Summer_Olympics

As you see in the medal summary.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, poraan said:

100% i agree with this because under normal booking, you would usually try to avoid booking the best guy against the least hyped guy.

In fact, i would totally remove losses in hype / rank and only give regular hype + rank gains. This way, all the best fighters would want to join by default as it is a "hype gain" essentially with limited to no risk in their rank at least.

Azarões - Underdogs

During the 2022 Olympics five 8th seeded fighter have moved onto to the next stage with wins over 1st seeded favourites!

These include Alexei Babinski, Rick Piano, Yusuke Uramesh, Peter Smart (who has really impress me as he beat 1st and 5th seed to move onto final and before this 14-7) and of course Brazilian legend Pedro Fuentes who just beat PFP número 1 in Karim Johnson! One sad part is we won't see Karim vs Kilo 2 yet but it is Fuentes time now. 

Thank you to organisers and fighters who bring the great elite fights and dream match ups, this is big inspiration to push to greatness for managers.

• Upvote 5

15898135195606.gif
Killer Kidd
24-4-3
50 p4p

1636834997Thumb.JPG

Maaged to get past the very difficult roadblock to the finals that Valen Dreth was for me.  I had to push hard and it still was close, but thank God I did enough according to two of the 3 judges! Onwards to the finals now, where I will face Schmedgar Dimms, managed by stud manager Alex K, who has been might impressive in the Olympics. Another mighty challenge, this time for gold! 

idd scores with a nice strike.
Dreth tries to drive through with a takedown attempt but Kidd defends well and Dreth ends up having to push Kidd into the cage where they will battle it out in the clinch.
Dreth with a nice cross.

And that's the end of the fight!
Killer Kidd showed his dominance in that final round.
I think Kidd has won this one but let's see what the judges have to say. Over to the ring announcer for the scorecards.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3 rounds of action, we go to the scorecards for a decision.
Judge Don Winkell scores the fight for Killer Kidd!
Judge Frank Antenori scores the fight for Valen Dreth!
Judge Jack Bonds scores the fight for Killer Kidd!

Killer Kidd wins by split decision!

Jumping up and down and very excited, Killer Kidd waved his t-shirt featuring Paddy's Enhancing Drugs (160Q)'s logo in front of the cameras.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bjornmma1 said:

@MMATycoon  are the finals going to stay 3 rounds as they are booked now it seems, or will they be changed on time to 5rounds as was planned?

I will be out for the full day normally so hope to know asap so I have a shot at changing the gameplan accordingly if necessary. 

@MMATycoon: feedback would be much appreciated. Finals were said to be 5 rounds, but booked as 3 rounds still, so not correct. Please modify.  Thanks in advance. 

15812997724248.png

.                KIRYU KAZUMA (17-6-0)

Sing us a song you're the Piano Man, Sorry Ricky, I didn't mean to hit you so hard. Will I be a gold or silver dragon, either way thanks for the great competition.

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!
Kazuma takes a hook to the side of the head. I wonder if that's got his ears ringing.
Piano with poor footwork there. He got himself in a bit of a tangle, enabling Kazuma to score with a decent uppercut.
Piano works his jab well there, keeping his opponent at a distance.
A left and a right from Kazuma both land. Nice combination.
It looks like Rick Piano has been cut.
We've been told by Piano 's head coaches at Roosters Coop that he's been working on his takedown defense in preparation for this fight.
Kazuma closes the distance and lands a vicious right hand that drops Piano ! Kazuma dives in looking to finish! Piano is still trying to defend himself but he's taking too many shots and the referee has no choice but to stop the fight!