Official MMATycoon Olympics Rankings and Brackets

Icon73

4 hours ago, MMATycoon said:

Hi guys. Congrats to the winners :)

What are you expecting trophy wise? 

I feel like with 8 per bracket it's gotta be either trophies just for the winners, or at a push first and second... I feel like just the winners tbh. 

Trophy then to the fighter and manager? 

Silver and Gold.

I did the medals this afternoon. 

For hype boost...

Me and @Icon73 were talking about a fixed hype boost for all the winners but looking at that after the event, a fixed number like +100 or +50 doesn't really work. The winners' hype ranged from 350 to 650 and the hype / pop system doesn't work with fixed numbers. The higher up your hype goes, the smaller the increase for a win, so nobody needs to be jumping to 750 hype from a bonus. 

So I'm going to do newhype=hype+((1000-hype)/1000)*100

I'm also gunna boost popularity in the same way. IMO a popularity boost makes more sense from winning an Olympic tournament than a hype boost. You become a celebrity as an Olympic champion. That's far more related to popularity than hype. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, MMATycoon said:

I did the medals this afternoon. 

For hype boost...

Me and @Icon73 were talking about a fixed hype boost for all the winners but looking at that after the event, a fixed number like +100 or +50 doesn't really work. The winners' hype ranged from 350 to 650 and the hype / pop system doesn't work with fixed numbers. The higher up your hype goes, the smaller the increase for a win, so nobody needs to be jumping to 750 hype from a bonus. 

So I'm going to do newhype=hype+((1000-hype)/1000)*100

I'm also gunna boost popularity in the same way. IMO a popularity boost makes more sense from winning an Olympic tournament than a hype boost. You become a celebrity as an Olympic champion. That's far more related to popularity than hype. 

Amazing I love it :)👏🏾👍🏾

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

This is a list of the hype+pop gains for each of the winners... They're getting more of a boost in their value, ticket sales wise, by including the popularity boost, so I think it's worked out well :) A couple of guys had very low popularity, so they've done very well out of it. 

Anyway, that's all credited now. Congrats again to the winners :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, soyster89 said:

Has anyone ever noted what the highest hype or popularity of a fighter has been at one time? Just curious if any study has ever been done. @MMATycoondo you know off hand? Maluga must be close?

100% before KJ loss had more hype (the official tycoon metric) than any other fighter in the game. Losing to KJ burned like 200+ hype off the top.

9 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

Kilo I think has the most hype - closely followed by Douglas and Rinky

idk if if was that close.

Before KJ loss Kilo was up to 806 hype.

Kilo currently sits at 666 hype.

you can see side by side, Kilo clearly ahead by nice lil chunk:

MMA Tycoon :: Mixed Martial Arts Game:: Play by Play Fight Commentary

MMA Tycoon :: Mixed Martial Arts Game:: Play by Play Fight Commentary

Most popularity ever for 9-0 record?

Karockas "Rockafella" Thibodeaux

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

idk if if was that close.

Before KJ loss Kilo was up to 806 hype.

Douglas was around the 750 mark. Don't take offence to me saying closely - it was fairly clear Kilo was ahead. 

The game has changed a bit since then - Douglas had more hype to feed off because there was more hype in the heavyweight division back then. You have the tycoon times to give that lil hype boost every week. 

30 minutes ago, ArtieBanks said:

Douglas was around the 750 mark. Don't take offence to me saying closely - it was fairly clear Kilo was ahead. 

The game has changed a bit since then - Douglas had more hype to feed off because there was more hype in the heavyweight division back then. You have the tycoon times to give that lil hype boost every week. 

Slander. Don't go link the most recent one as evidence. I want you to link every article from every week.

For my peace of mind.

• 6 months later...
On 4/6/2022 at 5:09 AM, bjornmma1 said:

Is scoring based differently during the fight or all the same? 

Any example of a fight that was whole fight based? 

1 my fighters matched against sum1 named like abya or dumb like that from Philippines.Bassically my first fight so I looked thru his nd he had a fight go the distance if that's what u asking.Its like real life nd to give u a reality view on, e judges/columns first 2 scored 26 my matchup 30 his opponent same thing next score nd deciding ruling went to opponent.Hope that answer