Should Managers Accept Every Fight Offered?

Should Managers Accept Every Fight?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should managers accept every fight?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you.....?

• An org owner
    • A manager

26 minutes ago, Scottfutile said:

God I know that feeling.  Just got a free agent that dropped two in a row back on a winning streak and got offered a fight against a beast.  Every part of me wanted to decline it, and I suspect he may get beaten.  In the end I accepted it to see how much my guys wrestling has improved.  At some point he has to be tested against the next level.  Unfortunately I don't think he will pass the exam.

I’m using those “unwinnable” fights to try new tactics… one is bound to work eventually.

• Upvote 2

I'm New to the game an I know my fighters right now are rather lackluster. However I tend to accept my fights offered and try to build for the fight given. Hardest thing so far is learning these sliders and making my fighters do what I want and to try and not be one dimensional. Only person I want to be on the same page right now with is my mentor

• 2 weeks later...

I have never turned down a fight since I started the game. I very rarely ask for fights. My opinion you sign the fight you are sent. With that said I have usually been in good orgs that only send fair fights. If you’re in a shitty org and not getting fair fights I fully understand why a person wouldn’t 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

On 9/4/2022 at 9:13 AM, 762x39 said:

I have never turned down a fight since I started the game. I very rarely ask for fights. My opinion you sign the fight you are sent. With that said I have usually been in good orgs that only send fair fights. If you’re in a shitty org and not getting fair fights I fully understand why a person wouldn’t 

I can attest to this. Joe has consistently played this game on Iron Man mode for as long as I can remember.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Think I have only declined 1 or 2 fights so far & because the fight was too soon after just having a fight so the fighter would not have recovered enough energy or been able to have any between-fight training which younger fighters should be doing. I have taken short notice fights once or twice but I would not want to do that often or the fighter will not be keeping pace with his peers.

• Upvote 1

I had a spell of accepting every fight and had about a 20% win rate. It took me for about 84th to 420th.  I even had a fighter fight twice in a weekend and insanely he won both, and then won again the following weekend. It feels incredibly random. I find takedowns are bonkers lately. I've had 5 or 6 fights where my fighter has spammed takedowns despite the sliders being set the other way.

I've not seen any "slider shenanigins" myself but I tend to never go 100% on anything just to avoid any max-number issues, which I have seen in other games where something on the back end overlaps. 95-99% I tend to aim for if I want close to absolute in one thing.

5 hours ago, imcool said:

Or, and hear me out, your record is the outcome of you spending more time on spamming "add miami" on the forums rather than learning the game a bit better? :)❤️ 

No. My record was trash before I even started that. Do your research.

I would win more if it were added to the game though.

57 minutes ago, Zello said:

No. My record was trash before I even started that. Do your research.

I would win more if it were added to the game though.

Let me get started on that research! Not...

But you do have to somewhat try to be this bad after 400 fights.  Only really see that in role players(which checks out in this case).

16 minutes ago, imcool said:

Let me get started on that research! Not...

But you do have to somewhat try to be this bad after 400 fights.  Only really see that in role players(which checks out in this case).

I mean role playing MMA Tycoon is half the fun! I literal have a terrible fighter that I invest a ton of time into because it fun..... Check out the Pickle forum! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kfuhrer said:

I mean role playing MMA Tycoon is half the fun! I literal have a terrible fighter that I invest a ton of time into because it fun..... Check out the Pickle forum! 

To each their own.  My mans over here saying that managers shouldn't be accepting all fight offers and make org owners life that much more difficult(while already running the most time consuming company in the game even without the fight rejections).  And then some newbies are going to come across this post, think "holy shit, I better stop accepting fight offers that aren't disgustingly skewed in my favor or I'll end up w/ a record as bad as this dudes", and start annoying the shit out of all org owners.

So no, your record isn't that bad because you accept every fight offer.  It's that bad because you still haven't learned how to play after all of this time.

3 minutes ago, imcool said:

To each their own.  My mans over here saying that managers shouldn't be accepting all fight offers and make org owners life that much more difficult(while already running the most time consuming company in the game even without the fight rejections).  And then some newbies are going to come across this post, think "holy shit, I better stop accepting fight offers that aren't disgustingly skewed in my favor or I'll end up w/ a record as bad as this dudes", and start annoying the shit out of all org owners.

So no, your record isn't that bad because you accept every fight offer.  It's that bad because you still haven't learned how to play after all of this time.

I mean.....I'd be lying to say I haven't turned down fights. But Id say I accept 90+% even if its not in my favour... The purpose is to have fun and I'd say I've done pretty good just dickin around in the game.  I mean if you only want winnable fights...Get VIP start your own company and only hire fighters that you can beat. But other wise don't clog up companies that are trying to host events and players that are trying to have fun 😉.

17 minutes ago, kfuhrer said:

I mean.....I'd be lying to say I haven't turned down fights. But Id say I accept 90+% even if its not in my favour... The purpose is to have fun and I'd say I've done pretty good just dickin around in the game.  I mean if you only want winnable fights...Get VIP start your own company and only hire fighters that you can beat. But other wise don't clog up companies that are trying to host events and players that are trying to have fun 😉.

It’s ok to turn down a fight once in a blue if there’s a legit valid reason.  Some managers think it’s the fucking ufc over here and ruin everyone else’s playing experience.  Which is exactly what my issue is with that post.  Plus I felt a bit confrontational lol.  99/100 times I’d pass right by and ignore a post like that :)