Fighter Pay Question  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is the lowest contract you would consider accepting for a newly created fighter?

• 1k/1k/1k
    • 2k/2k/2k
    • 3k/3k/3k
    • 4k/4k/4k
    • 5k/5k/5k
    • 6k/6k/6k
    • 7k/7k/7k
    • 8k/8k/8k
    • 9k/9k/9k
    • 10k/10k/10

5 hours ago, thb said:

I’d prefer a better contract, even from the start of a fighter’s career. But in the past I have accepted worse than your lowest suggestion in the poll. In the beginning it’s mostly just getting fights that’s more important anyway.

The lowest contract I have at the moment is 1500/1500/2600.  When I first started playing I obsessed about fighter pay and now I tend more the consider the project.  I have had a few burns lately due to the number of orgs closing down, so I am becoming more selective about which orgs I work with, and more indifferent to pay.

2 minutes ago, CelticStryder said:

I typically put more value into what org is the best fit for my fighter. I look more at who can better offer the frequency and quality of fights I am looking for.

That is a fairly recent lesson for me.  It never occurred to me early on that an org's stability, event frequency, division quality are all more important than inflated wages.

5 minutes ago, Scottfutile said:

That is a fairly recent lesson for me.  It never occurred to me early on that an org's stability, event frequency, division quality are all more important than inflated wages.

There are a number of other ways to make a lot more money then through a new fighters contract. I like to pick orgs that have shown they will frequently have cards to allow regular fights. I also like to look for a reasonably deep pool of fighters at a similar skill level that allows my guy to get regular, fair fights.

• Upvote 1

What I personally would accept and what a brand new player should accept would probably be two different things. 

With the way the game is these days, I think 3 x 4/4/4 is about the minimum an org should be paying. Most gyms are 1k per week and assuming that you're getting at least one fight per month, this should at least cover that without having to top up your fighters wages with your own cash. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Alfred said:

What I personally would accept and what a brand new player should accept would probably be two different things. 

With the way the game is these days, I think 3 x 4/4/4 is about the minimum an org should be paying. Most gyms are 1k per week and assuming that you're getting at least one fight per week, this should at least cover that without having to top up your fighters wages with your own cash. 

This right here. Most vets don't mind taking lower contracts, but it's very important for newbies that the contracts cover the cost of training, supps and clothes.

Also, while org owners might feel it sucks, but I think it's been good for the game that new org owners have to invest their own money to get the org up and running. Makes them more commited to make the org eventually profitable.

Much respect for all you org owners out there. You keep this game running.

• Upvote 3