This game needs wipes

edwardsfan

Like Tarkov.

Mike never had sense enough to fix the training system when only elite coaches are an option. So wipes are essential.

Without wipes you have an uphill growth strategy. Acquiring new managers to the game is counter intuitive. 

With wipes you have built in entry points for new accounts to be created. Fertile grounds for growth. 

It's a proven strategy. Tarkov does it and most everyone will admit that the most exciting time in the game is directly after a wipe. 

• Downvote 3

3 hours ago, edwardsfan said:

Like Tarkov.

Mike never had sense enough to fix the training system when only elite coaches are an option. So wipes are essential.

Without wipes you have an uphill growth strategy. Acquiring new managers to the game is counter intuitive. 

With wipes you have built in entry points for new accounts to be created. Fertile grounds for growth. 

It's a proven strategy. Tarkov does it and most everyone will admit that the most exciting time in the game is directly after a wipe. 

Wow, haven't seen edwardsfan for a long, long time. 

All this game needs is just a little tender loving care. That's all. Just a little bit more time and effort spent into making existing things work. 

As it stands, we, the player base, are the bored, neglected housewife who longs for a little excitement like in the days past and Mike is the fat, balding schlub that comes home every night from work, changes into his string vest with gravy stains down the front and sits in front of the TV whilst demanding his dinner is served to him on a plate. 

Well, why don't YOU make US some dinner huh Mike? Maybe splash out and get us a nice new dress or new pair of shoes or something huh Mike? At the very least some God damn recognition every once in a while. Anything to make us feel wanted or appreciated. Anything at all..

😢

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

All this game needs is just a little tender loving care. That's all. Just a little bit more time and effort spent into making existing things work. 

As it stands, we, the player base, are the bored, neglected housewife who longs for a little excitement like in the days past and Mike is the fat, balding schlub that comes home every night from work, changes into his string vest with gravy stains down the front and sits in front of the TV whilst demanding his dinner is served to him on a plate. 

Well, why don't YOU make US some dinner huh Mike? Maybe splash out and get us a nice new dress or new pair of shoes or something huh Mike? At the very least some God damn recognition every once in a while. Anything to make us feel wanted or appreciated. Anything at all..

😢

Nice, you about to join me on Captain Mikes "mmat ignore list"!

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, edwardsfan said:

Like Tarkov.

Two totally different games.

You can't server wipe a game that takes IRL years to max your fighter out without nuclear levels of backlash.

Alfred is right. Tycoon just needs some TLC. Drain the swamp, remove the useless clutter, improve chat box system, improve sending contracts/sponsors*.

* Should be able to do from fighter profile page by clicking on "need sponsor" and "fighter is unsigned" logos, should be a pop-up that allows you to send contracts/sponsor without leaving fighter profile page.

Timesavers are crucial! So is fighter rollover but that's another subject 🤑

If Mike can nuke all the funny money and finally close the loops, maybe let managers bid on Free Agents on the market. Since it already goes to the highest ranking manager, no downside to FA bidding wars. Just make the bids very public.

If a noob wants a FA, buy some funny money or get a loan from a friend, and slam it on that fighter. $ influx good for the game as long as some of it goes back into the game. Looking at you Mikey...

Noobs picking up the garbage and getting pigeon holed by vets or homegrown talent isn't always the best for customer retention.

If the dedicated ones who wanted to pay to compete early could find a way to get their hands on some decent FA's, it'd be a lot better than getting the Grumpy MK programming of crush QFC cans with 25 y.o. builds til you inflate your rank enough to grab a half decent sparbot.

If you release your fighters into the wild, embrace the consequences. Spend the money and retire to Bahamas if you don't want randoms snatching them up and ruining them.

Would also be nice if changing a vets name had to go to approval system like avatars. Fucking tragic to see a vet fighter not named Crotch Grabber or Bas Rutten getting their name changed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FREEBIRD said:

If Mike can nuke all the funny money and finally close the loops, maybe let managers bid on Free Agents on the market. Since it already goes to the highest ranking manager, no downside to FA bidding wars. Just make the bids very public.

I really like that idea. Probably far more realistic than the current way too. Plus something to spend money on. Game desperately needs stuff to spend money on.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FREEBIRD said:

Two totally different games.

You can't server wipe a game that takes IRL years to max your fighter out without nuclear levels of backlash.

Alfred is right. Tycoon just needs some TLC. Drain the swamp, remove the useless clutter, improve chat box system, improve sending contracts/sponsors*.

* Should be able to do from fighter profile page by clicking on "need sponsor" and "fighter is unsigned" logos, should be a pop-up that allows you to send contracts/sponsor without leaving fighter profile page.

Timesavers are crucial! So is fighter rollover but that's another subject 🤑

If a noob wants a FA, buy some funny money or get a loan from a friend, and slam it on that fighter. $ influx good for the game as long as some of it goes back into the game. Looking at you Mikey...

Noobs picking up the garbage and getting pigeon holed by vets or homegrown talent isn't always the best for customer retention.

If the dedicated ones who wanted to pay to compete early could find a way to get their hands on some decent FA's, it'd be a lot better than getting the Grumpy MK programming of crush QFC cans with 25 y.o. builds til you inflate your rank enough to grab a half decent sparbot.

If you release your fighters into the wild, embrace the consequences. Spend the money and retire to Bahamas if you don't want randoms snatching them up and ruining them.

Would also be nice if changing a vets name had to go to approval system like avatars. Fucking tragic to see a vet fighter not named Crotch Grabber or Bas Rutten getting their name changed.

This game with wipes could have a million active users by now vs having 100ish.

How often does a game roll out and is perfect? Wipes, seasons, resets happen all the time.

Mike's allowed himself to be bullied by the same small group of users for over a decade now. How embarrassing is that.

I'd fix this game in a heartbeat. I'd do wipes and freebird, I'd laugh at you threatening to leave and anyone like you  and show you the door. You're all punks

• Downvote 6

2 hours ago, edwardsfan said:

How often does a game roll out and is perfect? Wipes, seasons, resets happen all the time.

Mike's allowed himself to be bullied by the same small group of users for over a decade now. How embarrassing is that.

I'd fix this game in a heartbeat. I'd do wipes and freebird, I'd laugh at you threatening to leave and anyone like you  and show you the door. You're all punks

Wipe those tears from your cheeks you ole snowflake.

You couldn't find the door if you stubbed your toe on it.

17 hours ago, edwardsfan said:

I didn't know Elon Musk played this game.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

Game's too slow-paced for a wiping mechanic IMHO, as already said building up fighters takes literal years.

Fighter pacing can easily be adjusted. Resets needed to happen as critical errors in the game became apparent. 

For a decade Mike has simply stacked band aids on fatal wounds because of the exact argument you just made. "You can't do this to me...whaaa, whaaa, whaaa" 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, edwardsfan said:

Fighter pacing can easily be adjusted. Resets needed to happen as critical errors in the game became apparent. 

For a decade Mike has simply stacked band aids on fatal wounds because of the exact argument you just made. "You can't do this to me...whaaa, whaaa, whaaa" 

If fighter pacing is adjusted, which I agree with, why the need for a full reset?

Seems futile. Easier to just increase training speed and aging to improve fighter rollover.

Orgs often die because failure to replace fighters (aging or free agency) since there isn't a healthy pool of fighters ready to compete in open ID because the skill gaps and the time it takes to play catch up.

13 hours ago, FREEBIRD said:

If fighter pacing is adjusted, which I agree with, why the need for a full reset?

Seems futile. Easier to just increase training speed and aging to improve fighter rollover.

Orgs often die because failure to replace fighters (aging or free agency) since there isn't a healthy pool of fighters ready to compete in open ID because the skill gaps and the time it takes to play catch up.

So essentially you're saying time is an issue? Almost like a "reset" is needed

Resets are an opportunity to infuse growth into the game. Which from what I can tell should be at the top of the list for this game.

Resets would also be an opportunity for the game to start fresh and fix the broken aspects. The integrity of the game has been compromised in so many ways. It's really a travesty to allow a game that has so much potential to fizzle out only because it was never optimized.

I always thought Mike could eventually sell this game. He should have been doing resets from the very beginning to hone in the correct career path and progression of a fighter and manager and then eventually sell the game to a bigger game developer to market it and watch it explode. But I guess I had bigger visions than Mike ever had. Instead the game just hobbled along, deformed. Now it's in a welfare state

The game was created broken and Mike never had the balls to make the hard decisions make it right. If he reset the game right now I guarantee you there would be many improvements between the way things are and the way he'd like them to be. Eventually after a couple fresh starts the game might get to a place where the game COULD run continuous. But in my 5 years of playing I never experienced that state.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, imcool said:

I'm a bit confused by what you want done.  Can you define a "wipe"? Like, you want the game to completely wipe once/year(or whatever), all fighters/companies/jets/cash just nuked and everyone is back to square 1? Manager rankings gone? 

Yes. Back to square 1. Not on a schedule. Only "as needed". If the game isn't broken and there's a good balance found then let it run and things turnover naturally as it always has.

But I don't play the game. Maybe the game is perfect? I only gather my conclusion from the little bit of skimming through the forums. Doesn't seem very active. Not like what it once was, for sure. That sends up a red flag to me

• Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, soyster89 said:

He wants the game to do away with the main game and go strictly to the island. Which, seeing we have both already, doesn't make any sense.

Has nothing to do with the island. Has everything to do with making the game grow. Do away with the island. Find a balance on aging, training speed, etc... The training is broken. When the ONLY option for training is elite coaches then it's a problem. Why are the other coaches in the game? 

I played the game in the very beginning when people actually used mid level coaches. It only lasted a few months before the money laundering loopholes ended that. But I can attest, it was a funner experience vs generic elite coaches and no options.

Mike can adjust the code to balance different aspects of the game. But no balancing has ever been allowed because people have always threatened to quit.

• Downvote 1

Back in the day when this game was active we had these arguments daily and they were heated. Time has proven me to be right. Sometimes, often times, the unpopular decisions are the correct decisions and sometimes the most popular decisions are not the best decisions. Because most of the time people place emphasis on their personal feelings and don't consider what is best outside of those personal feelings. 

• Downvote 2