25 YO KT KO Round Robin Format Tournament

Dragon Reborn

gftV44k.jpg

Complimentary AON Knockout Tournament Kit

Northern Realm apparel has been gracious enough to provide two complimentary official AON Knockout kits to every fighter participating in the tournament! Everyone should receive them in the next few days and have them available for Round 2!

If you would like to purchase more they are available at Northern Zombie in London and coming soon to our flagship store Shadow Realm Apparel in Montreal!

Goodluck to everyone in Round 2..... unless you are my opponent in which case I wish you to sustain a flash KO with cuts please and thank you.

PYKMwsO.jpg

uz8cnVt.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have some time at work so I went ahead and did a little recap of the tournament for this org.  Here goes.

All or Nothting KT
Knockout Series - Season 1 - Round 1

In what was a history making night in MMAT history, AON launched the first of it's line in the All or Nothing Knockout! series!  This season is a round robin format that scores points based on performance over wins.  This series will evolve over time as seasons stack up, but this ground breaking tournament is what we hope will be the first of a long line of fun filled, hard hitting action between some of the best young talent in the world.  Each fighter will fight every other fighter once per season, scoring points along the way.  

Points are very basic and simple.

Win: 2 points
TKO/KO: 5 points
Inflict Cut: 1 point
Decision: -1 point 

Our first event kicked off on January 29th, 2023 and the results are in.  Let's take a look!

Maximus Bane  DEFEATS  Tau Moti 

In a first round of action both fighters came out aggressive looking to take full advantage of their striking.  With this format on the line, a KO means everything.  So much action that in under a minute, Moti was already bleeding.  He managed to take the fight into the clinch to protect himself, but all that did was expedite his end as Bane lit things up in the clinch stepping up the aggression and landing 31 of 44 shots compared to Moti's 6 of 27 shots.  Surviving the round, the fighters go to their corners for coaching adjustments, and in the case of Moti, a cold press on his cut to help slow the bleeding.  
As the fighters met again in the center of the ring, Bane picked up where he left off and never gave Moti a chance, landing 2 power shots right out of the gate, knocking Moti out nearly instantly.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Maximus Bane
Bane
Win - 2
KO - 5
Cut - 1
Total - 8 points

Iggy Pop DEFEATS Kofi Akakpo

Another fight with a quick and furious finish that took all of 2 and a half minutes to end as Iggy Pop laid down the hammer on the clinch rapist Akakpo.  When a clinch fighter takes the fight to the clinch against another clinch fighter, chances are whoever the aggressor is will end up working over the opponent, assuming he has the power to do some damage.  In this fight, that appears to be what happened.  Pop emerged after this fight as an early favorite the way he worked over Akakpo opening up one hell of a nasty cut on Akakpo.  Honestly, many people thought the fight should have been called due to the cut and potential permanent damage, but Pop took matters into his own hands and put Akakpo out of his misery with a huge upper cut half way through the first round.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Iggy Pop

Pop
Win - 2
KO - 5
Cut - 1
Total - 8 Points

Simba Osei DEFEATS Peter Dekkers

In a fight that had many fans scratching their heads, Osei came out fast and furious nearly instantly taking the fight into the clinch where he has focused his training, and Dekkers was overmatched and appeared to want no part of it.  And who can blame him, he was getting worked over!  Repeatedly breaking clinch to get back to range and keep himself alive.  But, after getting cut and beat down in the clinch, Dekkers himself decided to start taking the fight to the clinch.  If the fight had made it to the 2nd round, perhaps adjustments would have been made.  But as it stands, the clinch was his downfall, and Osei was more than happy to to put Dekkers on his ass.  When they got up, Osei rushed back in with a killer instinct that will serve him well and landed a huge right that knocked Dekkers out cold!

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Simba  Osei
Osei
Win - 2
KO - 5
Cut - 1
Total - 8 points

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Peter Dekkers
Dekkers
Cut - 1
Total - 1 point

Erland Van Grossberger  DEFEATS Erron Black

Another quickie, sorry ladies, you don't always get what you want... where Grossberger displayed superior speed and dominance over Black.  Grossberger took the fight into the clinch after a quick jab by Black, and from there, it was game over.  A non stop barrage of attacks from Grossberger took Black by surprise and worked him over for a solid minute before knocking Black senseless.  This may have not served him best, however, as he didn't get any points for a cut as the fight was ended so quickly.  But hey, a win is a win, and especially when it ends with one many asleep or laying on his back staring at the lights above, wondering if it's a gate to heaven opening up.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Erland Van Grossberger
Grossberger
Win - 2
KO - 5
Total - 7 points

Murphy Law DEFEATS Ovine Thibodeaux

Man, not what I expected in this one.  Thibodeaux comes from a well known camp of fighters and before things kicked off, he was one of the fighters to watch to win it all in this tournament.  But Law had other plans.  Kind of like, Murphy's Law I suppose...
This fight lasted a whopping 34 seconds and set the tone for the night as Law laid the hammer down scoring max points in a record time, putting Thibodeaux out cold in seconds.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Murphy Law

Law
Win - 2
KO - 5
Cut - 1
Total - 8 points

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.10a3889e8891df2df7e11fa528032302.png

Starting with the next season (not current one) I will be changing the points a tiny bit by changing the TKO(Cut) to a 3 point score instead of the full KO 5 point score.  This is to limited people going all out on the cuts strategy as it's causing fighters to be cut and injured for 16 days which slows down tournament progress slightly.  The other option is that I may just throw an ironman change up into the next season and say no matter of cuts/injuries, fights are 14 days apart.  But that seems riskier to me.  Either way, I'll be sorted by the next season.  For now, we'll keep things as they are in the name of fair competition.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CelticStryder said:

@Dragon Reborn I am scheduled to fight Peter Dekkers next but he has not accepted the fight and his manager hasn't been online since mid February. Assuming he will not logon and accept the fight before the card what happens?

In my opinion points should be allocated to you based on the average points dekker gave out to other guys.

If everyone kept getting 8points again him, 8 points should be given to stryder.

if everyone was getting an average of 3 points against him, give 3 to stryder

idk, just my two cents.

Yeah I saw the previous suggestion of allocated the average number of points the active fighter has gotten. My issue with that is it doesn't take into consideration the strength of the opponents you have faced and the strength of the guy you would have faced. In my scenario I would end up with only 3.5 points because my first fight was against a guy who has gotten 8 points in each fight so I would argue one of the toughest opponents in the tourney at the moment. On the flip side the guy I would be facing has given up 8 points in both his fights so no disrespect intended but looks like one of the easier fights at the moment based on previous fights. The likeliest outcome if the fight did occur based on previous fights is that Tau Moti knocks him out for 7 points at minimum. I also would have been pushing to cut him as well in hopes that one of the undefeated guys loses or doesnt get the cut to try and gain some ground. If I were to only be awarded 3.5 points that would make it almost impossible for my fighter to have any chance of catching up unless the opt couple guys all of sudden hit a losing streak.

20 minutes ago, CelticStryder said:

Yeah I saw the previous suggestion of allocated the average number of points the active fighter has gotten. My issue with that is it doesn't take into consideration the strength of the opponents you have faced and the strength of the guy you would have faced. In my scenario I would end up with only 3.5 points because my first fight was against a guy who has gotten 8 points in each fight so I would argue one of the toughest opponents in the tourney at the moment. On the flip side the guy I would be facing has given up 8 points in both his fights so no disrespect intended but looks like one of the easier fights at the moment based on previous fights. The likeliest outcome if the fight did occur based on previous fights is that Tau Moti knocks him out for 7 points at minimum. I also would have been pushing to cut him as well in hopes that one of the undefeated guys loses or doesnt get the cut to try and gain some ground. If I were to only be awarded 3.5 points that would make it almost impossible for my fighter to have any chance of catching up unless the opt couple guys all of sudden hit a losing streak.

Hence why it should be based off the inactive fighter. Average points gone against him in the past.

sorry guys i dont know what i did but i will go back and fix the standings.

as for the 6 points its just the number i assigned to award the oppponents.  That can be changed whenever and backdated so not even a concern while I figure out the fairest option.  giving 8 points isnt fair to anyone whos already faced him or who may face them if he becomes active.  less than 6 makes it a hard gap to overcome in the same situation.  

guess the best way to make it 100% fair is that all fighters who have faced the inactive opponent will have that fight deleted from the record so nobody will have gained or lost points to him.  everyone else will get a bye instead of that fight and this way the points wont effected by the inactive fighter.  when i update the points i will make the changes for that.

• Like 1

cant we do it based off how many points hes given out on average ?
if he gives out an average of 8 points just give them the points. and a bye.

Otherwise the people who fought him are at a disadvantage because they had to fight him then take time off to recover before training again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 11:05 PM, Dragon Reborn said:

sorry guys i dont know what i did but i will go back and fix the standings.

You still havn't corrected the bracket and scores where you incorrectly entered my fighter as losing his last fight, when he won.

There's still no scores to show that you have accounted for the player excluded because he caused a NC.

Will we get an update soon after tonight's event?

53 minutes ago, Dragon Reborn said:

I have to go back and count all the points again and just havent done it yet.  havent been on much lately but keeping this going and will update the points at some point.  If someone else wants to do it on your own youre more than welcome as all can see the results and count points.

Welcome back man! Good to know it's still happening. Thanks for fight offer.

Dragon's decision on the absent fighter (Dekkers) was as follows..

On 3/8/2023 at 12:24 AM, Dragon Reborn said:

guess the best way to make it 100% fair is that all fighters who have faced the inactive opponent will have that fight deleted from the record so nobody will have gained or lost points to him.  everyone else will get a bye instead of that fight and this way the points wont effected by the inactive fighter.  when i update the points i will make the changes for that.

Therefore Deckers has been eliminated and his fights removed from the record completely.

Scoring (quote)..

Points are very basic and simple.

Win: 2 points

TKO/KO : 5 points 

Inflict Cut: 1 point

Decision: -1 point 

Note: I have awarded one point for every fight in which a fighter inflicted one or more cuts. I originally read and understood this as one point per cut when I built my fighter, that is one point for every cut in the fight, however many (as perhaps some of you did too?), but I am now under the impression that the majority read this as one point for every fight in which a fighter inflicted one or more cuts. I have done the points according to 'one point for every fight in which a fighter inflicted one or more cuts'. If I am mistaken I am happy to change it because my fighter will have 14 points coming his way from cuts alone under the 'however many' rules.

Points table after 4 rounds..

Iggy Pop

Fights = 4/9

Wins x4 (8 pts)

KOs x3 (15 pts)

Cuts x4 (4 pts)

Decisions x1 (-1 pts)

Total = 26 pts

Maximus Bane

Fights = 3/9

Wins x3 (6 pts)

KOs x3 (15 pts)

Cuts x3 (3 pts)

Decisions - None

Total = 24 pts

Kofi Akakpo 

Fights = 4/9

Wins x3 (6 pts)

KOs x2 (10 pts)

Cuts x3 (3 pts)

Decisions x1 (-1 pts)

Total = 18 pts

Murphy Law

Fights = 4/9

Wins x2 (4 pts)

KOs x2 (10 pts)

Cuts x2 (2 pts)

Decisions x1 (-1 pts)

Total = 16 pts

Erland Van Grossberger

Fights = 3/9

Wins x2 (4 pts)

KOs x2 (10 pts)

Cuts - None

Decisions - None

Total = 14 pts

Erron Black

Fights = 4/9

Wins x1 (2 pt)

KOs x1 (5 pts)

Cuts x1 (1 pts)

Decisions - None

Total = 8 pts

Tau Moti

Fights = 4/9

Wins x1 (2 pt)

KOs x1 (5 pts)

Cuts - None

Decisions - None

Total = 7 pts

Simba Osei

Fights = 3/9

Wins - None

KOs - None

Cuts x1 (1 pts)

Decisions - None

Total = 1 pt

Ovine Thibodeaux

Fights = 4/9

Wins - None

KOs - None

Cuts - None

Decisions - None

Total = 0 pt

Observations..

Grossberger, Osei, Bane, and Moti all have one fight in-hand over the other competitors.

Bane is the only fighter with a perfect record, scoring maximum points in all of his 3 fights.

Comment..

OK, it's true, I might not have bothered to do this if my fighter had no chance of winning, but I did this to get the tourney back on track, and because Dragon asked for help. Everythig is accurate and I've followed his rules, scoring and decisions - So if anyone is unhappy, please don't blame me!

The only discretion I've indulged in is on choosing to score cuts as 'one point for every fight in which a fighter inflicted one or more cuts', but, as I said above, I am more than happy to change that if requested by Dragon or the other players.

I had some free time and doing this wasn't so bad  (it took an hour), but I sincerely hope that Dragon, or someone else, updates the scores for the rest of the tourney.

Good luck everyone!

• Upvote 2