25 YO KT KO Round Robin Format Tournament

Dragon Reborn

For the people who beat Dekker, they got their points removed but most likely lost a week of training due to having to take that fight. Pretty rough.

where as others (such as myself) will have an extra week training whenever I have to fight him.

but hey, didn’t foresee a guy quitting.

I messaged the organiser (Dragon). He told me he is having problems and can't log in very often. 

I messaged again today and told him that someone will probably take care of the scores, but we need him (at the very least) to get the fights booked every round.

I guess all we can do now is wait.

Ok so next round is booked.  1 inactive and one left who was dead last in points.  So I can give two fighters a bye and they can be scored as above or I can give each of those opponents the fight against one another.  So I booked Black v Osei since each of their opponent is gone from org.  We can do this the rest of the way forward so that nobody has to get a bye and a few guys may face the same opponent twice due to this but is still best to finish out this tourney.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Columbo said:

Bane fights Pop next. THEN you'll know who to really fear!

Tau Moti hates them both equally.... Then again that might just be the CTE that they both contributed to giving him when they kicked his ass. Word on the street is all electronics were banned from his train camps after one of the coaches fired up the microwave causing Tau to piss his pants and forget who he was for 30 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Points table after 5 rounds..

Iggy Pop

Fights = 5/9

Wins x5 (10 pts)

KOs x4 (20 pts)

Cuts x5 (5 pts)

Decisions x1 (-1 pts)

Total = 34 pts

Maximus Bane

Fights = 4/9

Wins x3 (6 pts)

KOs x3 (15 pts)

Cuts x3 (3 pts)

Decisions - None

Total = 24 pts

Erland Van Grossberger

Fights = 4/9

Wins x3 (6 pts)

KOs x3 (15 pts)

Cuts - x1 (1 pt)

Decisions - None

Total = 22 pts

Kofi Akakpo 

Fights = 4/9

Wins x3 (6 pts)

KOs x2 (10 pts)

Cuts x4 (4 pts)

Decisions x1 (-1 pts)

Total = 19 pts

Murphy Law

Fights = 5/9

Wins x2 (4 pts)

KOs x2 (10 pts)

Cuts x2 (2 pts)

Decisions x1 (-1 pts)

Total = 16 pts

Tau Moti

Fights = 4/9

Wins x2 (4 pt)

KOs x2 (10 pts)

Cuts - x1 (1 pt)

Decisions - None

Total = 15 pts

Simba Osei

Fights = 4/9

Wins - x1 (2 pts)

KOs - x1 (5 pts)

Cuts x2 (2 pts)

Decisions - None

Total = 9 pts

Erron Black

Fights = 5/9

Wins x1 (2 pt)

KOs x1 (5 pts)

Cuts x1 (1 pts)

Decisions - None

Total = 8 pts

Ovine Thibodeaux

Fights = 4/9

Wins - None

KOs - None

Cuts - None

Decisions - None

Total = 0 pt

One suggestion I would put forward is we treat what has happened already as a sort of Swiss league style format and use the current standings as seeding for a new phase with just the eight remaining active fighters. 

I enjoy league formats but not if things aren't clear and updated regularly. I massively appreciate Monkey's efforts but I'm still not entirely sure what's going on. That could just be my dumbass though. 

If people's motivations are dwindling, we could go straight into an 8 man knockout tournament. That means 1-3 more fights depending on results. Could use the standings as seeds #1 v #8, #2 v #7, #3 v #6 & #4 v #5

If people are happy to continue for the remainder, we could do a top 8 format type thing so everyone gets three more fights and final standings are decided all the way from top to bottom?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alfred said:

One suggestion I would put forward is we treat what has happened already as a sort of Swiss league style format and use the current standings as seeding for a new phase with just the eight remaining active fighters. 

I enjoy league formats but not if things aren't clear and updated regularly. I massively appreciate Monkey's efforts but I'm still not entirely sure what's going on. That could just be my dumbass though. 

If people's motivations are dwindling, we could go straight into an 8 man knockout tournament. That means 1-3 more fights depending on results. Could use the standings as seeds #1 v #8, #2 v #7, #3 v #6 & #4 v #5

If people are happy to continue for the remainder, we could do a top 8 format type thing so everyone gets three more fights and final standings are decided all the way from top to bottom?  

I’m content with a knockout phase. 
I kinda wanna make room for a prospect

My 25yo creation losing constantly is demoralising as hell

18 hours ago, Alfred said:

I'm happy to take it over. Can do it as a knockout tournament from here with the current standings used as seeding?

Would do it in the org where the world cup of MMA is to be held though so fighters need to be released and re-signed

Excellent.

Can i suggest that we have 1/2/3 prizes rather than winner takes all?

12 hours ago, KingofConsent said:

Can people losing have the option to withdraw?

How do you mean mate? 

If we just do a straight knockout from here, if you lose the next fight you're out. 

7 hours ago, Columbo said:

Excellent.

Can i suggest that we have 1/2/3 prizes rather than winner takes all?

It's always nice to decide 1st, 2nd & 3rd but if people want to sack after their next loss it means the semi-final losers having to fight again for 3rd? Really need everyone's input. I have a feeling some might just be hoping for things to end?

Having looked at this further, I don't think there's any point in continuing. 

Maximus Bane (Luka Fischer) hasn't signed in since 3rd April

Murphy Law (Dragon Reborn) has said he doesn't have much time. 

Kofi Akakpo (Jason Hopson) chompin at the bit to sack. 

Even if Dragon and Jason would continue, that leaves 7 fighters left and there's no quick or fair format to deal with that.