Noob Questions

MMATycoon

What about if you just made it so you did one type of exercise (that goes with a supplement) for three days of the week, and the other (that goes with the other supplement) the other three days, so you would minimize the amount of time you need to change back and forth? Or would that be a detrimental training strategy?

Would work with anything but sparring. If you plan to spar you will need to change back and forth as sparring back to back is penalized.

Would work with anything but sparring. If you plan to spar you will need to change back and forth as sparring back to back is penalized.

Is sparring penalized back to back only if it's the same discipline, or if it's any type of sparring at all?

Also, is a Wednesday P.M. and then a Thursday A.M. session considered back-to-back, or does that only mean both AM and PM sessions in the same day?

Can you buy supplements as one of your fighters, or can the manager himself only buy them?

Fighters can buy supplements for themselves as well as the manager. To buy for a specific fighter, when you are on the company page, select the fighter you want to make the purchase rather than yourself and it will be attributed to them and the cost will come out of their account.

Is sparring penalized back to back only if it's the same discipline, or if it's any type of sparring at all?

Also, is a Wednesday P.M. and then a Thursday A.M. session considered back-to-back, or does that only mean both AM and PM sessions in the same day?

All type of sparring included.

Yes, Wed PM and Thurs AM is back-to-back. No way you can abuse that.

Also, make sure you or the fighter who is buying the supplements is buying from the city you or the fighter is in. If not it takes 3 days to ship. Then if your manager buys it and is in a different city than your fighter. There is an additional 3 days for manager to fighter.

Is there any way to get it so you get updates sent to your personal e-mail when something significant happens in the game? (Whenever you have a fight, get a contract, get a fight offer, have a training pop, etc.). If there's not, that would be a really cool way to keep the game engaging and keep people in the loop.

Second question, can someone tell me what time training takes place each day? I read this entire thread and I see several people saying different numbers, so I am confused. Please just tell me what time it is in LONDON time (not that I live in London, but I believe that's what it operates off of, and I can just check it against the time clock on top right of the screen to figure it out for my own time zone).

its 4 am CST and 4 pm CST in regards to the second question as far as the first, the training one is only valuable for the non VIP users as VIP users have tycoon assistant which basically tells them when they have a pop. for fights, also covered in VIP with the scout tool which tells you how many days you have left before your fight which will allow you to plan your training accordingly, and contract offers already show up under their own section so why would you need an email about them? basically the stuff your asking would be beneficial to non VIP users as VIP users have tools at their disposal that does what you ask and i dont think what you ask could be done easily though i wouldnt know

Edit: unless they could somehow make it an auto message but idk if that is possible

its 4 am CST and 4 pm CST in regards to the second question as far as the first, the training one is only valuable for the non VIP users as VIP users have tycoon assistant which basically tells them when they have a pop. for fights, also covered in VIP with the scout tool which tells you how many days you have left before your fight which will allow you to plan your training accordingly, and contract offers already show up under their own section so why would you need an email about them? basically the stuff your asking would be beneficial to non VIP users as VIP users have tools at their disposal that does what you ask and i dont think what you ask could be done easily though i wouldnt know

Edit: unless they could somehow make it an auto message but idk if that is possible

Is CST London time???

And the things I was asking for would just be good for:

1) People who don't log in all the time

2) People who don't want to log in and search around for everything unless something happens of significance

3) People who might like to follow along in their MMA world at work through e-mail updates but can't necessarily log into the browser game at work.

4) Anyone, really. It would be an option that could be tailored to suit the person's needs of what they do or don't want to receive e-mail updatesa bout.

no that is central standard time for london add 7 hours, and yes it would be nice for those people who dont get on that often but who is to know that they arent just wanting for their account to be deleted or they are burnt out with this game. the only way i can see this working is if you you included it in manager preferences so each manager can handle it for themselves

Is CST London time???

And the things I was asking for would just be good for:

1) People who don't log in all the time

2) People who don't want to log in and search around for everything unless something happens of significance

3) People who might like to follow along in their MMA world at work through e-mail updates but can't necessarily log into the browser game at work.

4) Anyone, really. It would be an option that could be tailored to suit the person's needs of what they do or don't want to receive e-mail updatesa bout.

there aren't any email notifications that i know of, other than if you get a personal message in the forums. i think you might be able to set it for in-game messages as well, but i'm not sure. you can always create a thread about it in the "improvements" subforum, as it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

in regards to training, it happens at 9am/9pm GMT. (note that is not london time either, but the engine runs on GMT not london time)

OK, I'm not really an expert on time zones .. I don't know what CST means and I don't know what GMT means. That's why I asked if someone could relate it to London time (or any of the times displayed at the top of the browser) so I could actually figure out for myself the exact time.

One time zone I am familiar with is Eastern time zone .. can anyone tell me what hour it would be in that time zone?

OK, I'm not really an expert on time zones .. I don't know what CST means and I don't know what GMT means. That's why I asked if someone could relate it to London time (or any of the times displayed at the top of the browser) so I could actually figure out for myself the exact time.

One time zone I am familiar with is Eastern time zone .. can anyone tell me what hour it would be in that time zone?

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time is point 0 that all clocks are based on. Therefore a google search of your city will reveal the time as GMT + or - a certain amount and from that you can identify when training is.

London is GMT during the winter however in the UK we are currently on BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT +1

EST is currently GMT - 4 meaning that training will happen at 5 morning and night for you. When the clocks change it will got to GMT - 5 (assuming that EST changes time zone)

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time is point 0 that all clocks are based on. Therefore a google search of your city will reveal the time as GMT + or - a certain amount and from that you can identify when training is.

London is GMT during the winter however in the UK we are currently on BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT +1

EST is currently GMT - 4 meaning that training will happen at 5 morning and night for you. When the clocks change it will got to GMT - 5 (assuming that EST changes time zone)

Thanks. All the timezone stuff is confusing, but you've cleared it up. Thanks.

One issue I'm having in my first days with the game - and it's as much a real game issue as it is just my own excitement - is impatience.

I am so stoked about the depth of this game that I just want things to happen as soon as possible and want to build up my fighters, start getting lots of fights, getting some hype, some money, maybe open a company, etc etc.

I know I have to temper my expectations a bit though, as I know the game takes time and doesn't go at an instant pace.

However, my actual question is - how long does one have to invest into a fighter before they start seeing results and significant stat boosts? I know the guys you create right out of the gate aren't too well rounded or talented overall, but is it possible to get guys out of the gate who are going to be become contenders and win the majority of their fights?

Or, does someone have to play things patiently and solely train a guy for weeks or months at a time before being able to unleash a fighter who is likely to make a big impact?

Basically I'm just wondering how to strike a good balance between wanting to jump right into the game and get things done quickly versus wanting to actually build up some good fighters and get a lot out of the game? Any insight or help would be appreciated.

One issue I'm having in my first days with the game - and it's as much a real game issue as it is just my own excitement - is impatience.

I am so stoked about the depth of this game that I just want things to happen as soon as possible and want to build up my fighters, start getting lots of fights, getting some hype, some money, maybe open a company, etc etc.

I know I have to temper my expectations a bit though, as I know the game takes time and doesn't go at an instant pace.

However, my actual question is - how long does one have to invest into a fighter before they start seeing results and significant stat boosts? I know the guys you create right out of the gate aren't too well rounded or talented overall, but is it possible to get guys out of the gate who are going to be become contenders and win the majority of their fights?

Or, does someone have to play things patiently and solely train a guy for weeks or months at a time before being able to unleash a fighter who is likely to make a big impact?

Basically I'm just wondering how to strike a good balance between wanting to jump right into the game and get things done quickly versus wanting to actually build up some good fighters and get a lot out of the game? Any insight or help would be appreciated.

you can always make a 25 yo fighter who is basically supposed to fight right away unless you want to train strength and cardio first, for an average learner it should take about 2 sessions to pop any useless skill and when you train some skill to competent your primary related to that skill should have popped at least once, maybe twice. when starting out, i would make all money makers (aka 25 yo) so that way i can build up a war chest to fund future project fighters just because true project fighters expensive as heck how this clears things up

I remember somewhere before I was able to access a screen that showed the exact days, hours and minutes until your fighter's next fight. I can't seem to find that screen now. Can someone tell me where it is and what icon or link I click on to access it? Thanks.

If you are at a gym with a vending machine and you click 'use vending', does that achieve the same thing as buying supplements from the store and using them, or is it not the same thing?

If you are at a gym with a vending machine and you click 'use vending', does that achieve the same thing as buying supplements from the store and using them, or is it not the same thing?

When the fighter has a training session (not a rest session), he has a chance of buying a random supplement from the gym's vending machine for $5 if

-It is stocked

-"Use Vending" is checked

-He has at least $300

The efficacy of the supp varies randomly, from nothing at all to 100%, or anywhere in-between. But, the supp will work with any sort of training, and in addition to whatever you've chosen to use through the Posessions page.

for an average learner it should take about 2 sessions to pop any useless skill

That does depend on what the classes are like. With an Elite coach, doing a 1-on-1 training session, starting at-or-near 100% Energy and Morale with an 18-year-old in a clean gym, yeah, you should almost always pop in two sessions. It might be more common to go up to Abysmal with only 1 session that for it to take 3, in such good conditions. Without a high-quality environment, it gets to be hard to tell if someone's developing quickly or not, without having fighters in similar circumstances to compare to.

The effects don't start becoming pronounced until a few months, though. And even if someone learns poorly, if you're better at setting sliders than the rest of the crowd near his hype, you can keep up a good win rate.

I have heard the term "spar bot" used a lot around here...

I am just wondering if it's a viable/worthwhile idea to create fighters who excel only in one discipline (and for whom you have no intentions of ever entering into fights) to simply act as 1-on-1 sparring partners for your fighters to bring their weaker skills up to par?

Say I created one fighter each who was good at wrestling, BJJ, muay thai and boxing. Then if any of my other fighters wanted to improve in that specific aspect I could just book them into sparring sessions at the same time and same gym as that person?

Aside from a spar bot's primaries (which obviously would just be maxed out in whatever discipline they excel at), what are other things to concentrate on in building a spar bot like this?

Is it possible to run smaller orgs? What I mean is, a lot of the orgs in this game seem to have 100+ fighters, which seems like a lot and somewhat more difficult to manage.

Is it possible to run an org with a roster of only say 40-60 fighters (say with fewer weight classes), or is it just not financially viable to do so?