Noob Questions

MMATycoon

Does him being double elite benefit the other skill, even if the session you are training in isn't related to it?

Nope.

For skills that only require a coach to have talent in one area, it'd be far more cost-efficient to run one single-elite at a time, versus paying for a double-elite. Say you're going to do three weeks of Kicks and three weeks of TD Defense; you can pay $5500, $2750, $2750, $5500, $2750, $2750. Or, you can pay $10k, $5000, $5000, $5000, $5000, $5000. $22k for three weeks of a single, followed by another three weeks of a different single; or, $35k for six weeks of a double.

Beyond that, comments on the efficiency of running Punch Tech, Striking Defense, Clinchwork, GnP, Submissions and Defensive Grappling classes with single-elites, I leave to others. I think Cardiff estimated recently that Clinchwork with a double-elite is around 95% as effective as Clinchwork with a triple-elite, but I'm not certain enough to put those words in his mouth.

Nope.

For skills that only require a coach to have talent in one area, it'd be far more cost-efficient to run one single-elite at a time, versus paying for a double-elite. Say you're going to do three weeks of Kicks and three weeks of TD Defense; you can pay $5500, $2750, $2750, $5500, $2750, $2750. Or, you can pay $10k, $5000, $5000, $5000, $5000, $5000. $22k for three weeks of a single, followed by another three weeks of a different single; or, $35k for six weeks of a double.

Beyond that, comments on the efficiency of running Punch Tech, Striking Defense, Clinchwork, GnP, Submissions and Defensive Grappling classes with single-elites, I leave to others. I think Cardiff estimated recently that Clinchwork with a double-elite is around 95% as effective as Clinchwork with a triple-elite, but I'm not certain enough to put those words in his mouth.

Thanks for your response.

Is there a list somewhere of what skills require a coach with double elite to improve? I just want to see more in-depth the value of single elite versus double.

(Somewhat) unrelated to the game, but I'm wondering, is MMA Tycoon a full-time job for Mike Tycoon and the staff of developers? Or is this just a hobby that occupies a lot of his free time and he makes some money on?

This game is brilliant, so I hope it's something he makes enough of off to live on, but I suppose it would work as a good secondary source of income if that's the case too.

(Somewhat) unrelated to the game, but I'm wondering, is MMA Tycoon a full-time job for Mike Tycoon and the staff of developers? Or is this just a hobby that occupies a lot of his free time and he makes some money on?

This game is brilliant, so I hope it's something he makes enough of off to live on, but I suppose it would work as a good secondary source of income if that's the case too.

This is a full time job for Mike. There is a mythical programmer, their status is unknown. Thats it and its remarkable they get so much done.

This is a full time job for Mike. There is a mythical programmer, their status is unknown. Thats it and its remarkable they get so much done.

I see many people on the forums labelled as "developers" .. what is their whole role in this crazy world of MMA Tycoon?

Also, separate question, but a lot of orgs and tournaments offer VIP membership for winning tournaments, etc. ... Is that just an option when you go to buy or renew your VIP that you can apply it to someone else's account? How does that work exactly?

I see many people on the forums labelled as "developers" .. what is their whole role in this crazy world of MMA Tycoon?

Also, separate question, but a lot of orgs and tournaments offer VIP membership for winning tournaments, etc. ... Is that just an option when you go to buy or renew your VIP that you can apply it to someone else's account? How does that work exactly?

On the forum you have MMATycoon who has the purple root admin which means he is the boss. Several with the Green moderator which means these are the people that can move, adjust threads and post as well as remove anyone who posts inappropriate material - with a secondary function of multi spotting etc.

The thread group of developers are a group of the most experienced managers in the game that have special permission to an otherwise hidden area to discuss certain changes to the game. It is mainly a place to have heated arguments but is hopefully adding to the speed of development.

If someone wants to offer VIP, they send a donation to Mike (which anyone can do to help with the development of the game by clicking the VIP tab on the left side of your managers page) and then sending Mike a message that this is for VIP for x user who has won a tournament and could you give them VIP.

i quite couldnt find an answer anywhere, hence im asking you pros

I started a Nutrition Company a while back, got 70k on the Bank, loan paid off etc.

If i would now wanted to just close the Company, could i take the Money and just close it or would i need to sell it, with the Money on the account?

If you auctioned it, the money would stay. If you close it, the money will be emptied into your account. Or you could empty it, then sell it.

The in game place where you add news to an org says 'no HTML' , but yet I see some orgs have bold and such in their writeups, how do they do that if HTML isn't supported?

Right now I have 9 fighters and I have four or five bids out on free agents right now. What will happen if I win more than one of those bids??

I want to look into buying more fighter slots, but I don't believe I can until I have the 10 current slots already filled, so am I just stuck for the time being and just have to hope I only win one of my FA bids? Or win one, then I can buy the extra slots?

Anyway, just wondering what will happen if I am succesful in more than one bid, when I have 9 fighters now.

Right now I have 9 fighters and I have four or five bids out on free agents right now. What will happen if I win more than one of those bids??

I want to look into buying more fighter slots, but I don't believe I can until I have the 10 current slots already filled, so am I just stuck for the time being and just have to hope I only win one of my FA bids? Or win one, then I can buy the extra slots?

Anyway, just wondering what will happen if I am succesful in more than one bid, when I have 9 fighters now.

You can buy extra fighter slots at anytime - either someone will provide the link or contact Mike.

This might be a stupid question but,if I use my recovery sup during a scheduled fight will that lessen the loss of energy he has from the fight?

damn, im playing for a year and still i know so few.

recently i sold my clothing company to my alliance budy, so i could try to buy some gym that was being sold.

i didnt succeed, so, as we agreed with my mate, he tried to sold the company back to me (not a public sale) for 1$.

now starts the 'funny' part. when i tried to buy it back, it came out i cant buy the company i had previously.

the company will be waiting for me to buy it (which i cant) for next 7 days.

what will happen later?

will the company be lost, or what? is there any way to get my company back?

i might be mistaken, but i didnt ever come across any mention i cant buy back the company i once sold :/

any advices?

damn, im playing for a year and still i know so few.

recently i sold my clothing company to my alliance budy, so i could try to buy some gym that was being sold.

i didnt succeed, so, as we agreed with my mate, he tried to sold the company back to me (not a public sale) for 1$.

now starts the 'funny' part. when i tried to buy it back, it came out i cant buy the company i had previously.

the company will be waiting for me to buy it (which i cant) for next 7 days.

what will happen later?

will the company be lost, or what? is there any way to get my company back?

i might be mistaken, but i didnt ever come across any mention i cant buy back the company i once sold :/

any advices?

It does warn you when you sell a company that it cannot be bought back.

If the company is not bought it will simply remain in the possession of the manager who is selling it. At that point, it is up to that managers what happens to it.

How does the bidding on companies that are for sale work? Does it just go to the high bidder, or is there any other factor?

Also, when you make a bid, do you get any indication that you have the high bid, or you pretty much just have to put the most you are willing to pay in and hope for the best?

What about if you bid say $30,000 and the next closest person bids only $20,000. Will you have to pay $30,000 to buy it, or just say $20,001?