Noob Questions

MMATycoon

• 1 month later...

I'm having problems generating escapes even though my guys have a good amount of that skill. From the "ground hierarchy" pic it has to come from "agression", and is only affected by the "stand up" slider. I used to have 90% counter, 90% control, 35% get up. But I would also have stick position to "guard-top" which might have been an issue. Because it seems to override any aggression, like it logically should. But even then I should be getting escapes from the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having problems generating escapes even though my guys have a good amount of that skill. From the "ground hierarchy" pic it has to come from "agression", and is only affected by the "stand up" slider. I used to have 90% counter, 90% control, 35% get up. But I would also have stick position to "guard-top" which might have been an issue. Because it seems to override any aggression, like it logically should. But even then I should be getting escapes from the bottom.

I had this problem with a couple fighters. When I had Jimmy Ryan, I always had decent escapes but he almost never attempted them, even though I tried a couple different strategies. I actually don't think he had one successful escape in his career.

I've played with the aggression a few times, I even thought maybe it was somehow connected to control and amped up my finish slider, even though I wasnt going to attempt gnp or subs. Never really figured it out.

Someone must know a trick to it, unless it's tied to fighter IQ

Noob question: In the Org Manager page, there's now a "Grappling Org" checkbox that wasn't there before. What does that checkbox do? Anyone know? Looks like it's just for show, since even with that checked off, I can still create Grappling events... Maybe it flags your org as Grappling exclusively?

You're welcome, Bwang.

• Upvote 2

A little question, its probably already anwsered.

What kind of fighter is best to start with?

And how much does training do in the start? With only a bad gym? :P

Cheers

IMO it's best to start with a couple of 25 y/o'ers so you can fight quick, learn the game, don't get bored. 12 MT/7 Wrestling is the standard, easiest wayto go. if you ask advice and study the game a little bit you can have a lot of early sucess with a 25 y/o grappler too. at this point you should be training only physicals and some sparring on top.

This way you can make money and contacts and start grooming a 18 y/o project on the side - these are the ones who will be good in the long run.

• Upvote 3

A little question, its probably already anwsered.

What kind of fighter is best to start with?

And how much does training do in the start? With only a bad gym? :P

Cheers

This a pretty good guide for creating 25 year olds: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60552

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Transitions and escapes. Is it a case of picking one depending on what fighter you are looking to build ie a stand up guy or ground guy. I was always told to pick one or the other but i guess my main question is can you escape from any position or do you actually need some transition if you get put in a tough spot.

Transitions and escapes. Is it a case of picking one depending on what fighter you are looking to build ie a stand up guy or ground guy. I was always told to pick one or the other but i guess my main question is can you escape from any position or do you actually need some transition if you get put in a tough spot.

This can be more of an opinion, but I usually pick one or another. From what I heard, Escapes currently train slower than Transitions, so if you have low escapes, you're probably better off going with Transitions for now.

Transitions will help you get a better position on the ground, but using them defensively, you have to aim for a referee standup.

Escapes will give you a better chance to get a standup immediately after being taken down, and will also allow to standup depending on your current postion on the ground.

Understanding the ground game has a bigger impact than just throwing skills in one of these though. Lately I've been going with an offensive ground game rather than just hoping to get lucky with a standup.

Ok its a opinion but it didnt really answer my question. I asked because ive been playing the game for about a year and ive never had to build a newbie but now i have a newbie who i think is pretty good and wanted to know the real ins and outs.

I know what the skills do but i wanna know if im getting mounted can i still escape? if im on the bottom & my opponent is in side control can i escape etc....... If escape is only good for getting taken down straight away to pop back up then id say its kinda pointless & i might aswell go with trans.

This can be more of an opinion, but I usually pick one or another. From what I heard, Escapes currently train slower than Transitions, so if you have low escapes, you're probably better off going with Transitions for now.

Transitions will help you get a better position on the ground, but using them defensively, you have to aim for a referee standup.

Escapes will give you a better chance to get a standup immediately after being taken down, and will also allow to standup depending on your current postion on the ground.

Understanding the ground game has a bigger impact than just throwing skills in one of these though. Lately I've been going with an offensive ground game rather than just hoping to get lucky with a standup.

"Going with an offensive ground game", do u mean going for subs and GnP even if u don't have any?