Basic changes & upgrades to improve the game

Rambo

23 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

Small request:

Add a toggle in Org options for showing the "Rules Flag".

Add "flags" for MMA & TWGC events (only KT shows at the moment as per the example image below - 001 is TWGC 003 is MMA but you wouldn't know that at first glance)

Would allow org owners to choose to show the flags or not - TWGC orgs & KT orgs don't need their events to display them but could choose to, any org hosting events of multiple rule types could display 1, 2 or all 3.

Event-rules-flag.jpg

I could get used to logo's next to event names as long as very subtle and simple, compressed logos.

• Like 1

Maybe KT hype being all broken in game is actually reflective of how pisspoor kickboxing promotion really is in real life. Mike playing 4D chess, while we're still playing checkers.

Tenshin vs Takeru did $25M USD at the gate, but basically wasn't even viewable outside of Japan. Even trying to watch it on TV in Japan wasn't the easiest time. For reference, the highest ever gate for a UFC event was $17.7M (Alvarez vs McGregor).

Anyway, news just broke that Takeru has signed with One, so maybe he'll fight Rodtang. Would be a good time to fix KT hype in game to match how One will undoubtedly promote this fight a lot more than RISE and K-1 did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skuzbukit said:

Here's a question:

Does sponsoring fighters with high Grappling Hype / KT Hype have any bearing on companies gaining hype when they fight?

Because it should, and I don't think it does.

idk if fighter hype/pop i.g. impacts company hype.

theory floated around that the $$$ you give out impacts company hype (too).

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rambo said:

idk if fighter hype/pop i.g. impacts company hype.

theory floated around that the $$$ you give out impacts company hype (too).

I'm not sure who wrote the guides MMAtycoon links to but this one would indicate that the theory has some basis.

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Hype

Hype

Most entities within the game (fighters, managers, companies etc), will have a hype rating. This is basically their rank. We use "hype" because just like in real life, often the perceived quality of someone or something is different to the actual quality.

Fighter Hype

Fighter hype can be viewed as the fighter's ranking. Just as with real life, the fighter's perceived world ranking is not always a direct correlation with their actual skills. Similarly, your fighter's hype rating is dependent upon who they have beaten and what that fighter's hype was at the time.

If a fighter beats someone with a high hype rating, they will gain a lot more hype than if they beat someone with a low hype rating and a similar principle applies with losses and taking a hit to their current hype rating.

The higher the hype rating, the more people will want to watch them fight and the more people will buy Pay Per View's with that fighter involved.

Clothing and Nutrition Hype

Clothing and nutrition hype is based on a number of factors:

• Sponsorships
    • Daily spend on existing sponsorships (total $/days)
    • Total hype/pop of sponsored fighters
    • Top 10 hype/pop of sponsored fighters
  • Weekly sales
  • Weekly vending machine sales

The higher your hype, the higher up the list you will appear on the highstreet. Also, the higher your hype, the more useful you are as a merchandise partner for fight organizations.

• Upvote 1

My fighters page

Would be good if Contract offers can't be sent UNLESS 'needs contract' is ticked. I probably get more unwanted contracts than most (with so many tourney fighters, and fighters coming off the Island that need a training break) but I think we've all suffered from this. Sparbots are another good example. I always uncheck it, and put 'No Contracts. Thanks' in the bio, but I still get them. To me, it's a bit of a time-waster because I aways reply to the org owner explaining why I don't want a contract, and advise them to check next time. I'd rather not spend time doing this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is pretty major, but I can't hold my tongue because I've wanted to request this for ages.

Org event options..

Possibly realistic request..

An in-built tourney organiser. Tourneys are more popular than ever in the present game. It would be SO good if there was an in-built Tycoon bracket creator. Pre-made brackets for single eimination 8, 16, 32 and 64 player tourneys.

Additional request..

If that's easy enough, add double elimination?

Pie-in-the-sky request..

I know that this is really stretching possibilities, but.. How about an iron-man setting, where all the fights take place in one event? Cuts, injuries and all. Sounds unlikely to be possible because the game would have to calculate new rounds until the final was concluded, but how thrilling would that be?

I'm going to be told off by Karter now for asking too much, but you never know, maybe this will interest Mike more than little tweaks?

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 5:09 PM, Columbo said:

This is pretty major, but I can't hold my tongue because I've wanted to request this for ages.

Org event options..

Possibly realistic request..

An in-built tourney organiser. Tourneys are more popular than ever in the present game. It would be SO good if there was an in-built Tycoon bracket creator. Pre-made brackets for single eimination 8, 16, 32 and 64 player tourneys.

Additional request..

If that's easy enough, add double elimination?

Pie-in-the-sky request..

I know that this is really stretching possibilities, but.. How about an iron-man setting, where all the fights take place in one event? Cuts, injuries and all. Sounds unlikely to be possible because the game would have to calculate new rounds until the final was concluded, but how thrilling would that be?

I'm going to be told off by Karter now for asking too much, but you never know, maybe this will interest Mike more than little tweaks?

I want updates :D

but the ironman mode imo is best played out by daily events/fights to at least give the user a chance at switching tactics for each fight/match. Essentially like the QFC tournament.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Rambo said:

I want updates :D

but the ironman mode imo is best played out by daily events/fights to at least give the user a chance at switching tactics for each fight/match. Essentially like the QFC tournament.

That's a good point.

Watching TWGC in action has convinced me Mike could actually do this though.

• Like 2

Has there really been any updates since the Twitter ripoff?

I am not sure why you are all making these big long wish lists. We also have a whole sub-section for suggestions. How many of those suggestions were implemented in the past 6-7 years? I am not sure you guys understand that the game is on life support and has been in that state for a long time. The best "wish" we can have at the moment is that the game is not discontinued. I am not even sure the game has a full time developer, so even if some of these ideas are good, they wont be added simply because there is nobody to add them. Mike is limited to what he can implement himself. 

From all the ideas on the list, no offense, but they wont add anything significant to the game. Some are nice, others are just personal demands. None will increase sales or do anything that will seriously enhance the game or increase memberships, so why bother adding them? Mike will need to pay somebody to add any features, if i was him i would not bother with anything that does not seriously improve things or increases his bottom line. 

Either way, there is no point in adding anything until errors are sorted out first. Also i would totally avoid any drastic things that will break existing game logic, the last thing we need is to screw up the few tihngs that actually work. Screwing around with the training/hype/popularity/ranking etc for example, it is not perfect, but it works. Fix the things that dont work or get rid of them. 

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Mentor said:

I am not sure why you are all making these big long wish lists. We also have a whole sub-section for suggestions. How many of those suggestions were implemented in the past 6-7 years? I am not sure you guys understand that the game is on life support and has been in that state for a long time. The best "wish" we can have at the moment is that the game is not discontinued. I am not even sure the game has a full time developer, so even if some of these ideas are good, they wont be added simply because there is nobody to add them. Mike is limited to what he can implement himself. 

From all the ideas on the list, no offense, but they wont add anything significant to the game. Some are nice, others are just personal demands. None will increase sales or do anything that will seriously enhance the game or increase memberships, so why bother adding them? Mike will need to pay somebody to add any features, if i was him i would not bother with anything that does not seriously improve things or increases his bottom line. 

Either way, there is no point in adding anything until errors are sorted out first. Also i would totally avoid any drastic things that will break existing game logic, the last thing we need is to screw up the few tihngs that actually work. Screwing around with the training/hype/popularity/ranking etc for example, it is not perfect, but it works. Fix the things that dont work or get rid of them. 

If you check the OP.

• Fix broken shit (Injury Hidden being backwards, fighter rank in the pbp being broken)
  • Add former #1 P4P fighters to Tycoon HOF (YB SolFidel PunoJoseph JonesBarack LesnarJesus Gonzalez)
  • Remove Ferdinand Cortes (Wolf-Gate) from Hall of Fame
  • Fix names on some historic fighters that were changed by agent saboteurs, change all the guys named "Striking Sparbot 1" back to original names: Mike Evans back to Phillip Dale, The Coach back to Alistair Overeem Overoid, Rei Trevis back to Anton Chigurh
  • Remove useless clutter/links like https://mmatycoon.com/statsyear.php (not updated since 2010)
  • Add easy buttons/new method to sending/renewing contracts/sponsorships
  • ADD MIAMI

All this is feasible. Especially adding Miami.

The name change option is a blessing and a curse. If you pick up Fart Sniffer, Chuck Lidell, Israel Aids, Julie Jackmehoff, Lamp Post, Toilet Plunger, Nazi cbomb, Damn Barney Got Aids, it's a blessing.

If somebody picks up your sacked fighter and changes his name/identity... can potentially ruin somebody's history. be it the manager or the organization he was in.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rambo said:

Fix broken shit (Injury Hidden being backwards, fighter rank in the pbp being broken)

3 hours ago, Rambo said:

Fix names on some historic fighters that were changed by agent saboteurs, change all the guys named "Striking Sparbot 1" back to original names: Mike Evans back to Phillip Dale, The Coach back to Alistair Overeem Overoid, Rei Trevis back to Anton Chigurh

These are great suggestions.

On 5/22/2023 at 2:52 PM, Rambo said:

If you check the OP.

• Fix broken shit (Injury Hidden being backwards, fighter rank in the pbp being broken)
  • Add former #1 P4P fighters to Tycoon HOF (YB SolFidel PunoJoseph JonesBarack LesnarJesus Gonzalez)
  • Remove Ferdinand Cortes (Wolf-Gate) from Hall of Fame
  • Fix names on some historic fighters that were changed by agent saboteurs, change all the guys named "Striking Sparbot 1" back to original names: Mike Evans back to Phillip Dale, The Coach back to Alistair Overeem Overoid, Rei Trevis back to Anton Chigurh
  • Remove useless clutter/links like https://mmatycoon.com/statsyear.php (not updated since 2010)
  • Add easy buttons/new method to sending/renewing contracts/sponsorships
  • ADD MIAMI

All this is feasible. Especially adding Miami.

The name change option is a blessing and a curse. If you pick up Fart Sniffer, Chuck Lidell, Israel Aids, Julie Jackmehoff, Lamp Post, Toilet Plunger, Nazi cbomb, Damn Barney Got Aids, it's a blessing.

If somebody picks up your sacked fighter and changes his name/identity... can potentially ruin somebody's history. be it the manager or the organization he was in.

-He is not doing #1, too much time.

-He could do #2, but i think the problem could be that older fighters got deleted from the database, i know that happened, i cannot add some old managers and fighters to my HOF.

-#3 is the easiest to do and frankly should already be done. 

-I agree with #4, but he is not going to waste time for that. 

-He could do 5, but you could argue a lot of stuff needs to get deleted, so this wont happen either. 

#6 wont get done, we have 100s of similar suggestions, this is extra work which does not change anyones bottom line.

#7 wont get done and there is multiple reasons why, starting with the most obvious that this was "shoved down Mikes throat" and it is a debatable cosmetic feature anyway. 

So the only things that could get done is Wolf and some links get deleted and frankly, if i was Mike in the current state of the game, i would only do those 2. 

• Downvote 1

On 4/21/2023 at 11:42 AM, Rambo said:

Lack of KT fighters mostly because lack of interest mostly, imo. But yes, all things broken should be fixed. Fixed or scrapped.

What's the highest paid kickboxer(s) IRL make? And do the organizations that pay them profit when they're on the cards?

Yes it's lack of interest, which does correlate with real life but at the same time this is an alternate reality simulation game. It would be nice to have at least a fake world where kickboxing isn't fucked.

Lack of interest is a big reason but you have to consider why that is. It's the lack of orgs which is due to lack of market along with the million broken things that go along with it.

Kickboxing cannot generate PPV money like MMA orgs can, I already proved this by having every top kickboxer in the game and running then on PPV with enough hype where it should of generated around the same money a top MMA PPV org generated after a few events. The only time I made a decent chunk of change was with the fighters who also had good MMA hype on the card. Mike never figured out why I believe and stopped answering me eventually. My memory could be failing me tho but I am pretty sure I never got a start answer but as said above, I'm 100% sure kickboxing hype isn't being calculated and instead it's MMA hype still. 

This isn't the reason kickboxing it's a mess. It's a mess because there is many things that need to be fixed separated from MMA like records being added together, need of KT quick fights and TWGC format(which would go a lot looong way it terms of casual interest)  other things mentioned here and small things that I petitioned to get fixed before that.

KT will never be big in the game, even with all the improvements and fixes that will never happen, I mean even marketing my ass off and PMing most players in the game that I knew I barely had enough kickboxers to have full divisions which none of the spiritual successor No 1 KT orgs had. Even then the same title fights ended up being run back every 2-4 because of lack of bodies. At least adding KQFC and TWKC(lul) would help generate new kickboxers but those ideas where floated for years when I was around and I've been gone for a year and a half apparently.

In the end, there is a ton of small fixes that need to be done and simple quality of life add ons that need to be implemented in the main part of the game that should take priority over kickboxing anyway.

Has any of the training quality of life suggestions ever been implemented that makes setting training for 20 fighters and a frozen or whatever trainers easier?

Like you know... The Select All button for trainers (and fighters) that would save sooooo much tedious clicking? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mentor said:

-He is not doing #1, too much time.

-He could do #2, but i think the problem could be that older fighters got deleted from the database, i know that happened, i cannot add some old managers and fighters to my HOF.

-#3 is the easiest to do and frankly should already be done. 

-I agree with #4, but he is not going to waste time for that. 

-He could do 5, but you could argue a lot of stuff needs to get deleted, so this wont happen either. 

#6 wont get done, we have 100s of similar suggestions, this is extra work which does not change anyones bottom line.

#7 wont get done and there is multiple reasons why, starting with the most obvious that this was "shoved down Mikes throat" and it is a debatable cosmetic feature anyway. 

So the only things that could get done is Wolf and some links get deleted and frankly, if i was Mike in the current state of the game, i would only do those 2. 

You could argue that the current state of the game is because of lack of changes, fixes and improvements. In fact, I would say that is by far the main reason. The game is to unfriendly to new users because of set up time and too tedious for most who managed to figure the first out to stick around long term.

Quality of life and small fixes at least fixes that the second problem.

I know for me personally, having to set my training for 20+ fighters over and over and over and then having to switch all the trainers alone has only gotten more and more tedious over the years to the point where I would put it off more and more. I know many who are still active are probably fine with it but for me personally, that's part of me being burnt out.

It's not just training, it's being an org owner as you are and as mentioned, things like sending out sponsorships... All the things have elements that take 20 times longer EASILY then the should. Things that get tedious for a lot of people. Like being an org owner and having 30 tabs open and copy and pasting way too much when there is a simple fix than can change that.

There are so many tiny things that someone with basic script knowledge could add or even a beginner could Google how to do(like a checkbox) and get done. 

If quality and quality of life didn't change bottom lines, Amazon wouldn't be as big as it is now. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KingEpicity said:

You could argue that the current state of the game is because of lack of changes, fixes and improvements.

Yes, but that was the argument 10 years ago, not after i just go this: 

"Happy 14 year anniversary of playing MMA Tycoon! Our random prize generator has selected a cash prize for your in game anniversary of $4483. We've also purchased 5 tickets in the Tycoon Lottery and have given you a free spin on Spin and Win, so good luck in that! Thanks for your support of the game and have a great day!"

As a business owner myself, i have to say that when your business hits the rock bottom and you clearly have lost any interest, you are only interested in quick short term solutions. If the business picks up and the profits go up, then maybe these flavor improvements could take place. As it stands now, the best solutions to our situation are as follows: 

#1 Lets hope the game does not start making losses, because if it does, then the site will be shut down. Personally i do not think this will happen, the site generates more than it costs and will likely be that way for the near future because very little is being spent. 

#2 Somebody more ambitious, with the resources and competence takes over (ie buys the business), this is not as good as it sounds, it usually leads to disaster as the new owners do not really understand the situation and make drastic changes.

So i see us being in autopilot mode (ie #1) for a significant period of time. The game already runs itself. Unless something happens like a major hack which destroys the system (yes this does happen), then i see us being in this void mode until something physical happens to Mike. #2 Wont be happening because nobody with a brain will give Mike a significant enough compensation for an online browser game in 2023 which will make sense for him. 

So ladies and gents, go to church on Sundays, light a candle for Mike that he stays sane and healthy and that he does not forget to log in once in a while. Do not pester him with any extra costs and hard work for a project that is on life support. 

I am not even trying to be sarcastic here. It is what is is, the game is 14+ years old. How many browser games do you know that are going after 14y? There are some, but not as many as you think. Be grateful and live with what you have. This is the shit we have, so live with that or leave. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1