Email messages from your fighters.

Skuzbukit

Messages sent by email from Fighter to Manager & what they indicate:

1A. <Fighter name> stubbed his toe getting out of the shower. After talking about his experience to an MMA radio show, the popular opinion is that he's a bit dim but in a loveable way.

1B. <Fighter name> took part in a documentary about MMA. He was selected because the documentary makers valued his expert opinion, as a true student of the game.

Stubbed Toe IQ - Between 75 & 99

Average IQ - Between 100 & 124

MMA Documentary - Between 125 & 150

3.  One of your fighters, <Fighter name>, attended an amateur MMA show to support cancer research. A popular move amongst local fans. 

Means fighter is more popular than average.

4. <Fighter name>, had a particularly nice phone conversation with his parents today, which cheered him up no end.

?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think you're very right with #1 and #2.

There could be some experience element tied to it, but I've had a few discussions over times with different managers (some with extensive records of IQs tested and/or hiddens revealed) and no one can really recall a #2 message popping without having some smarts.

Another clue is that it's always the same guys who stub their toes and the same guys who get docos, and I haven't heard of anybody that has had both.

In regards to #3, I guess you could test this by comparing a before and after with the inspect element. To see if the bar is any difference in size. Just a bit of work given you never know when you'll pop that message.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gator001 said:

#2 definitely IQ, i have had tons and it is always fighters with 125 IQ up

toe stub iq usually 75 - 90  IQ never seen one for a higher iq than that

You were one of the people I remember talking about this.

As for toe stub though, I've definitely had it on guys that have tested above 90, but still under 100. Hard to say though given IQ tests aren't precise, so the variance might be showing them as smarter/dumber than they are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/12/2023 at 10:06 AM, Skuzbukit said:

Have searched but not found much info on these so would appreciate any feedback to this post which I will use to update the topic, and feel free to add any other email messages & meanings & will add them to the top post.

Here's the few I have seen so far.

1. <Fighter name> stubbed his toe getting out of the shower. After talking about his experience to an MMA radio show, the popular opinion is that he's a bit dim but in a loveable way.

Means fighter is below average intelligence?

2. <Fighter name> took part in a documentary about MMA. He was selected because the documentary makers valued his expert opinion, as a true student of the game.

Means fighter is above average intelligence?

3. <Fighter name> attended a charity event about cancer research today. It was a popular move among MMA fans.

Means a small boost to popularity was given?

1. Mean he's a dunce. Always make him FMO.. Also he'll be slower in going for the kill when he has someone stunned.

2. High Fight IQ, he can SHIG a lot more if you so choose, he'll adapt fast in the fight if he's allowed to do via predicts.

3. Means he's a popular fighter, always thank the fans and if you go on a big streak he will easily become one of biggest names in the org. For reference, Karockas was a fighter of mine with a high pop roll.  First FightSecond FightThird Fight and the added boost for being popular fighter was almost double when thanking the fans.

• Like 1

Daudy/Gator. I guess you are right regarding documentary appearances.

I got one today and it was my most intelligent fighter. My second-most intelligent fighter has had six or seven.

Something in the past had convinced me that it was all about experience, but I now believe you are correct.

#11yearsandstilllearning

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Columbo said:

I got one today and it was my most intelligent fighter. My second-most intelligent fighter has had six or seven.

Something in the past had convinced me that it was all about experience, but I now believe you are correct.

#11yearsandstilllearning

interesting point...it does seem to me that as the fighters have got older i get the emails more often, but i might be imagining that lol

On 6/14/2023 at 7:15 AM, Columbo said:

#11yearsandstilllearning

All we can do is keep collecting evidence!

Everything I've seen so far can't rule out that experience might also play a factor (maybe a hurdle requirement?). Afterall, isn't experience and intel meant to be sort of intertwined? They both do similar things but one can be 'earned' and the other can't. But yeah, it does seem that raw intel does seem to be a component.

As for the toe stubbers though, I can confidently say you can get said message with very few fights. One of my toe stubbers has 6 fights total and I'm pretty sure he got the message at 4 or 5 fights. He has had 2 random IQ tests of 92 and 95 within a week of each other. He was so furious at pulling a 92 he resat the test 8 days later and got a 95 and still certified dumb.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2023 at 9:38 AM, Daudy said:

All we can do is keep collecting evidence!

We need more dumb fighters!

On 6/15/2023 at 9:38 AM, Daudy said:

One of my toe stubbers has 6 fights total and I'm pretty sure he got the message at 4 or 5 fights. He has had 2 random IQ tests of 92 and 95 within a week of each other. He was so furious at pulling a 92 he resat the test 8 days later and got a 95 and still certified dumb.

If Mike adds Miami, we should have many more fighters like that and a deeper database to work with. 

• Upvote 1

Had an email message today that I had not seen before:

<Fighter name>, had a particularly nice phone conversation with his parents today, which cheered him up no end.

Sounds like the fighter may have gained a small morale boost, but his bar doesn't appear to have gained anything more than his clothing change would have provided.

Perhaps it may have increased his confidence hidden?

Anyone else seen this before & maybe has a better idea about what it does?

3 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

Had an email message today that I had not seen before:

<Fighter name>, had a particularly nice phone conversation with his parents today, which cheered him up no end.

Sounds like the fighter may have gained a small morale boost, but his bar doesn't appear to have gained anything more than his clothing change would have provided.

Perhaps it may have increased his confidence hidden?

Anyone else seen this before & maybe has a better idea about what it does?

I've received that one before and worried it was a reflection on low confidence. Does the fighter that got that message drop substantially in morale after a loss?

18 minutes ago, soyster89 said:

I've received that one before and worried it was a reflection on low confidence. Does the fighter that got that message drop substantially in morale after a loss?

No, his confidence seems good, I thought it might be morale related as I've only seen it on fighters with under 90% morale (after 3 round fights usually), though that is purely circumstantial at this point.

• 1 month later...

4. <Fighter name>, had a particularly nice phone conversation with his parents today, which cheered him up no end.

One of my fighters got this one today.  "Fyodor Pending, had a particularly nice phone conversation with his parents today, which cheered him up no end."

Given that my fighter is 76 years old, he was probably talking to the dead?

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=59457

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, libertarian4321 said:

One of my fighters got this one today.  "Fyodor Pending, had a particularly nice phone conversation with his parents today, which cheered him up no end."

A small medium at large?

Seances are dead boring.

7 hours ago, libertarian4321 said:

He's so old and taken so many punches, does he even know what a phone is anymore?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...