Manager rank weighting

jjsquirrel

I'm recently back from a 2-year break. My rank went from nothing to currently #65 from mostly doing QFC and some id org fights with my new guys. It honestly feels silly that I should even be in the top 100 just from this. Got me thinking, what if change in manager rank was weighted by the rank of the org you are fighting in? You still always get some hype from a win, but make it maybe 10 times smaller on the bottom end.

Should mean you practically have to be successful in bigger orgs to get into the top 10 and the rise to there will be slower. But it also means top ranked managers don't need to be as nervous about doing QFC testing or playing around in tournaments for fun.

• Upvote 3

You know what this system is just dumb at this stage tbh, at higher ranks you are not going to get rewarded by fighting "newer" guys or guys that are far behind you, not so long ago I won a fight and I didn't even move a place from where I've been because it seems like the guy I was fighting was too far ranked behind for me to get enough manager hype to even move one place lol, hopefully in general the stuff regarding manager ranks will get fixed in the near future

Agreed that the ranking system needs a revamp. It seems silly that one could conceivably QFC their way top a top 10 ranking if they consistently win enough fights. That would be like IRL having a fighter on the P4P worldwide rankings who has only ever won back alley street fights or underground fights in the back of some warehouse in front of a couple hundred people at most. It would never happen.

• Like 1