Why so many people still using flights for a fights in other cities/countries?

Curix

8 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

Probably due to a lot of outdated text that tells them to, I remember making the same mistake early on.

Yep, same here.  When I first came back, I was flying to each fight as lots of the text isn't updated.  I've also had multiple fighters refuse contracts due to it being the wrong city recently...  

It's a legit (but slow) way to launder money off your own fighters. I'll often fly a few around after a fight, since they're just resting anyway. You'll note that the route between Montreal and Sydney is often one of the more popular ones for this reason (since it's the longest and you can charge the most). Sometimes to speed it up, I'll spam moving base (since they have to purchase 5 seats for this per fighter), but that can affect morale a bit if you do it too much.

There are also a few small advantages if you've got a good jet.

They won't lose any energy on fully upgraded jets, sometimes might actually GAIN energy, and there are also rare random events such as small pop boosts and IQ tests from flying. The IQ tests I always used to think was a myth, until I actually got one from a jet flight a few months ago (and yes, they're distinctly different from the regular random event ones).

Would I go out and buy a jet just for these things? Definitely not. Since I have them though, I may as well use them for the above, and it does make the rare times you need to move base a lot quicker with less of a morale penalty.

I only use my jets to fly fighters to Sydney, so I can take their money before I release them.

• 2 weeks later...