Fight Judging

BLOODSPORT

Judging can be a little weird at times. Maybe on aggression? Reading through the round it looked to me like you had the edge through it but I've seen fights where one fighter threw more punches and landed more and lost somehow despite it being all standup. Doesn't usually happen, but there are times where it doesn't seem to add up compared to what the play by play and stats say.

Sounds like they gave the other fighter round 3 which is weird. Does the game reward defence? He defended a few takedowns, sub attempts and had an escape? It shouldnt be rewarded but maybe they did? Or does the game have some random fuckery built in, every now and then we see a dodgy decision like in real life? 

13 minutes ago, Carraz22 said:

Sounds like they gave the other fighter round 3 which is weird. Does the game reward defence? He defended a few takedowns, sub attempts and had an escape? It shouldnt be rewarded but maybe they did? Or does the game have some random fuckery built in, every now and then we see a dodgy decision like in real life? 

I think there is definitely random fuckery built in, otherwise every judge would score every round the exact same.  

I'd actually be interested if anyone ever took the time(I'm definitely not), to see if certain judges by name are the ones always dissenting, or if certain judges value different phases of combat/strikes differently.  I wouldn't put it past this fight engine.  There might be a Cecil Peoples in there that doesn't score leg kicks, etc.

20 minutes ago, Jersey said:

I think there is definitely random fuckery built in, otherwise every judge would score every round the exact same.  

100% there's some fuckery. I recently lost a split decision in a title fight that the commentator had me winning 3/5 rounds....

That's not too unusual, but what's unusual is that one judge had it 45-50 the other way. The blind bat scored every single round for them. Gun to the head scorecard.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jersey said:

I'd actually be interested if anyone ever took the time(I'm definitely not), to see if certain judges by name are the ones always dissenting, or if certain judges value different phases of combat/strikes differently.  I wouldn't put it past this fight engine.  There might be a Cecil Peoples in there that doesn't score leg kicks, etc.

While I think there is some noise/variation, I'd be shocked if it's as deep as specific judges. I think the judge names are just drawn from a specific pool per location.

But in case it is, Chris Edwards from London, you're absolutely going to get it on sight. ;)

9 minutes ago, Daudy said:

While I think there is some noise/variation, I'd be shocked if it's as deep as specific judges. I think the judge names are just drawn from a specific pool per location.

But in case it is, Chris Edwards from London, you're absolutely going to get it on sight. ;)

I agree and think it's unlikely, but I wouldn't be TOO surprised.  Some of the judges names are based pretty closely on some of the worst judges of that time period haha.