Remove the need for laundry services

We want to move away from laundry in the long term, to a more realistic simulation where fighters have things to spend their money on and receive tangible benefits for their spending.

I'm sure you can appreciate that this is meant to be a simulation game and I can't picture any fighter out there wanting to give all of their money to their manager. 😂 It's an unrealistic part of this game's economy at the moment but we have plans to address it in time - with changes and improvements you will all hopefully enjoy!

If you have any suggestions for what fighters can spend their money on, realistically, we're happy to hear about it! :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, Vlad said:

We want to move away from laundry in the long term, to a more realistic simulation where fighters have things to spend their money on and receive tangible benefits for their spending.

I'm sure you can appreciate that this is meant to be a simulation game and I can't picture any fighter out there wanting to give all of their money to their manager. 😂 It's an unrealistic part of this game's economy at the moment but we have plans to address it in time - with changes and improvements you will all hopefully enjoy!

If you have any suggestions for what fighters can spend their money on, realistically, we're happy to hear about it! :)

Property, vehicles and luxury items could all be implemented as game run businesses (like jets). An reward of some sort could be associated with those purchases; popularity increases for instance. Orgs and business that contract/sponsor these fighters could also see the residual benefits.

Kind of a sidetrack here, but perhaps even game run sponsorship offers as an extension. Nothing monetarily excessive, but enough to keep sponsorship offers honest to discourage hype/pop farming? Possibly another boost to a fighter’s prestige?

What do real world fighters spend money on?

Houses, for themselves & parent(s) maybe.

Getting Married.

Car.

Investments into businesses (Their own branded foodstuff / fight gear  / supplements / drinks /cologne / etc.).

Donations to local charities, schools, gyms for kids from their old neighbourhoods.

There's quite a bit of scope.

How to "show" these purchases, maybe an in-game website/blog for the fighter that showcases these activites, like a template these things can slot into in various flavours, kinda like an evolved version of Buzz / Tycoon Times for individual fighters but instead of shit talking its to show what a nice guy the fighter is and how they are making a difference - or ruining themselves with gambling, hookers & booze etc.

8 hours ago, Vlad said:

Yeah, I agree about the fighters not wanting to give all of their money away, I just made this suggestion as a short term fix for money laundering until more things were available for fighters to spend their money on. 

Here's another idea, a "holiday".

Fighters could buy a holiday & recover their energy faster, would be a limit on how many they could take over year maybe to stop it becoming abused too much, if you own a Private Jet you could get a discount on holiday costs for your fighters, could provide a use for Jets to fly them off to "Holiday Cities".

The Older the fighter gets the more family etc he will have so that cost could increase with age.

The more "famous" a fighter becomes (Hype+Popularity) the larger the entourage they will have so that increases cost too, could mean a bigger Jet is needed to have enough seats for them all.

I would still like to see some mechanic for managers to access some fighter funding more than they are currently naturally able to though, whether it be tweaking the %s of each of their paypacket or something else.

Otherwise, it could realistically have flow on effects like newer to mid players literally never reaching a point where they have the millions to bankroll an open ID org like the rest of the old farts who already have bank stashed away out of their fighters. Ultimately there's not really anything other than that and sinking it into a new nutrition store (the most pointless VIP sink in the game) for managers to also spend it on. Other spending flow-ons include people being able to spend it on community driven avatar sales and tournament prizes which are both positive for engagement levels with the game.

I guess long story short, rather than getting rid of the ability to transfer funds from fighters to managers, the focus should be on creating more avenues for people to WANT to keep money on their fighters. Funds in manager hands do contribute to a lot of different parts of the game (including on the forums/tournaments) that wouldn't be as accessible. If you come up with alternatives that make people WANT to spend cash as a fighter, then that's the way to go. I think eliminating the relatively easy transfer of funds from fighter to manager is not the right choice instead of providing more equally lucrative options. Make people make a decision between a good choice and another good choice.

EDIT: Additionally, how do you fundamentally get rid of laundry anyway? You cut manager to manager transfers and/or increase their fees? Put item spending limitations on fighters? Increase the real world time between being able to open and shut new stores?

You'd probably have to do a combination of these things too, all of which is taking away functionality and is a completely backwards take on development in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Daudy said:

I would still like to see some mechanic for managers to access some fighter funding more than they are currently naturally able to though, whether it be tweaking the %s of each of their paypacket or something else.

Otherwise, it could realistically have flow on effects like newer to mid players literally never reaching a point where they have the millions to bankroll an open ID org like the rest of the old farts who already have bank stashed away out of their fighters. Ultimately there's not really anything other that and sinking it into a new nutrition store (the most pointless VIP sink in the game) for managers to also spend it on. Other spending flow-ons include people being able to spend it on community driven avatar sales and tournament prizes which are both positive for engagement levels with the game.

I guess long story short, rather than getting rid of the ability to transfer funds from fighters to managers, the focus should be on creating more avenues for people to WANT to keep money on their fighters. Funds in manager hands do contribute to a lot of different parts of the game (including on the forums/tournaments) that wouldn't be as accessible. If you come up with alternatives that make people WANT to spend cash as a fighter, then that's the way to go. I think eliminating the relatively easy transfer of funds from fighter to manager is not the right choice instead of providing more equally lucrative options. Make people make a decision between a good choice and another good choice.

EDIT: Additionally, how do you fundamentally get rid of laundry anyway? You cut manager to manager transfers and/or increase their fees? Put item spending limitations on fighters? Increase the real world time between being able to open and shut new stores?

You'd probably have to do a combination of these things too, all of which is taking away functionality and is a completely backwards take on development in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more with this assessment! Well spoken from the reputably named Crazy Horse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flamesnoopy said:

Couldn't agree more with this assessment! Well spoken from the reputably named Crazy Horse.

Thanks pal.

(can you stop beating me up in game though please, you used to think it was the opposite but the actual truth is damning!)

I personally think the right level to aim for is removing the need for laundry services but still leave the possibility. It should not be the most efficient way to get money and should not result in any major secondary benefits like company hype or similar. Nerf it instead of kill it outright just because leaving different ways to achieve your goals makes the economy more dynamic and interesting.

Maybe just leave laundry as it is for now and revisit it later to find how/if to fit it in once a working ingame economy is starting to take shape?

On 2/29/2024 at 12:20 PM, Vlad said:

The problem with this is that very few people actually consider fighters as a separate entity. They are for manager the same thing as a "business", so by removing laundry, you not only remove part of the business of nutrition / clothing companies, you also make fighter earning totally irrelevant. Who cares if the fighter "bought a new car"? 

Adding things that "enhance" a fighter, makes sense. Things that reduce injuries, reduce cuts, enhance recovery time etc.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Mentor said:

The problem with this is that very few people actually consider fighters as a separate entity. They are for manager the same thing as a "business", so by removing laundry, you not only remove part of the business of nutrition / clothing companies, you also make fighter earning totally irrelevant. Who cares if the fighter "bought a new car"? 

Adding things that "enhance" a fighter, makes sense. Things that reduce injuries, reduce cuts, enhance recovery time etc.

I appreciate that view, for awareness, we won't be going into anything hastily and naturally, any changes in this realm will come with a number of other balancing measures.

• Like 1